Heroic Amber Shaper Tank Reshapes

Is there any way to force which tank gets MCed in the first phase on 25 heroic Amber Shaper? It seems to be just random, and I'm guessing so, but figured I'd post here to see if anyone else had different experience with it.

Deleted
    I think it's never going to be the same twice in a row, but that's all I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've killed it 6 times now, and the only thing that we've found that has made it impossible for x tank to be targeted by reshape life is if our DK tank casts DRW - He has never been reshaped while DRW is active.

Other than that, entirely random.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Contrary to that Niai, I've noticed we often get picked 2-3 times in a row, and then it will swap to another tank for the next few attempts. Yeah raxxed unfortunately we don't have a DK tank. 2x warrior/druid, thank you for the contribution though!

Deleted
    No, it's completely random.

Random. We tried to see if there was a pattern in normal as well, no dice.

Honestly it's four buttons, either tank should be competent enough with it to do whatever your strat is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faolren View Post
    Random. We tried to see if there was a pattern in normal as well, no dice.

Honestly it's four buttons, either tank should be competent enough with it to do whatever your strat is.
    It's not about the Buttons, It's about the timing in P2.

Took me like 10 tries in P2 to figure out how exactly I need to alternate between monstrosity and boss, drink puddles, interrupt myself and interrupt the monstrosity when needed, without letting stacks drop from at least the boss. When you want to maximise uptime one the monstrosity too, it can be quite unforgiving. It's mostly just a 2 second window to refresh the boss stack after refreshing the monstrosity. And the self-interrupt can fuck you up if you have a wrong timing/rotation. If you're running with 2-3 Tanks, it can take quite some tries for everyone to perfect it.

EDIT: Don't even think DRW works. I'm like 99% sure I was transformed while I had DRW running
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-01-08 at 01:52 PM.