Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    It won't die, Blizzard is gonna nerf it so it can be done by the people LFR is intended for.(those who are not good enough to do normal/heroic, or those who just don't have the time) There are some good players who just don't have the time to raid normal/heroic who do LFR and do a part of the carrying, but the average LFR player isn't very good at the game.
    This could be seen as me bashing LFR "raiders", but that's a mix of my experience with LFR and what Blizz has said they want LFR to be.
    You seem to confuse the concept of it being intended for a specific target audience, with nerfing it so there's absolute 0 chance of failing on anything.., if say normal / hc raiders don't use it in 5.2 (although I'm sure they will, knowing blizzard there will be something powerful enough to warrant usage), and suddenly LFR groups can't move past boss 1-3 due to no one carrying them, if blizzard then proceeds to nerf it to the point where there's no chance of failing because the targeted audience cba to learn anything, then they might as well delete the feature n' those players can then watch the content on youtube.., there's 0 reason why ppl should be rewarded for stupidity, it's a cancer to the overall state of the game!

I currently run all 16 for VP each week at the start of the week. I'll likely continue to do that for the time being. It's not bad for me because I get instant queue as a healer and my balance gear drops while in healer spec so it works. That being said LFR is getting worse so I may switch over to heroics. I don't mind heroics personally as I find them fast and easy as a geared healer. Unfortunately there are still some pieces from LFR I need.

Contrary to popular belief, LFR groups actually don't wipe as often anymore unless both tanks are totally clueless (even though raiding players don't do it as much anymore at least on mains). In my experience from running full LFR practically every week in addition to scattered norm/hc kills, this rarely is the case, and it usually goes without any major incidents when you get past long queue due to lack of healers. Some exceptions having been pre-nerf Garalon and certain groups on Will.

I find it hard to believe that this would radically change in 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are true that raiders won't be with their main in 5.2 lfr's unless tier set is awesome and trinkets or other items is better than what they have.

But we are many raiders that have alts that don't have as much gear as our mains i know that il lbe doing lfr with 2-4 alts per week.... all of ehm including 5.0 lfr's
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It will work out in some way, if the queue-times get very long, people will complain and Blizz will add some incentive for more people to do LFR
    You mean like free loot that it already provides?

I already have 45min+ queue times for Terrace on any given day of the week, including this morning at reset.

It's going to be so bad trying to get in to 5.2 LFR after the opening week.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Oh it's not free. The price is stress ulcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    increases the time it takes to finish, because there won't be as many/any raiders with the knowledge and gear to carry the people who have no idea what they're doing.
    Unless the trinkets/set bonuses/legendary quest from 5.2 LFR are really good, I won't be running it on my main, and I don't have the time for alts anymore.
    I'm going to hope that the opposite happens, that the people who AFK the whole time won't bother to show up anymore. But I doubt that's going to happen. All those Pro players have Alts to gear and they are of course too good to try. If the new LFr gear isn't much better than my current LFR gear, there may be no reason for me to run my 5 alts through. So that's fewer people queing, so maybe we won't see a change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    LFR is already suffering, queues are terrible these days. The lack of healers queuing up is a huge contribution to this.
    thats because the half of healers that dont afk LFR are tired of the half that do.
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I have been farming epic PvP gear such that entering the next LFR shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Clarification:
    JP is useless. VP is useless if you've got no epic raid gear (which can be likely if LFR is your endgame) and you don't have two reps unlocked.
    Honor is plentiful, especially as a Rogue who can spend multiple battlegrounds effectively AFK. Conquest comes around every so often with the Alliance's AV and IoC win rate being greater than half.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-01-08 at 03:39 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Well about f***ng time proper raiders are not forced to queue into the hellpit called "LFR"...
    You and I have different meanings of the word "forced".

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    You mean like free 28g 50s? Because that's mostly all I ever see from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'm glad I have been farming epic PvP gear such that entering the next LFR shouldn't be a problem.
    lol have fun spamming the queue button only to realize you need 486 to enter and the pvp purple gear is 483

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    lol have fun spamming the queue button only to realize you need 486 to enter and the pvp purple gear is 483
    Upgraded is 491.

So, yeah, I will.

EDIT: New season means another tier of PvP gear after Malevolent, as well. So, definitely.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-01-08 at 04:48 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I'm a raider and I'll be running them for the valor.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I already have 45min+ queue times for Terrace on any given day of the week, including this morning at reset.

It's going to be so bad trying to get in to 5.2 LFR after the opening week.
    The long queuetimes for Terrace may also have something to do with this being the end of the tier and/or that the place is (IMO) just really annoying, queues for HoF are in my experience lots shorter.

I just don't know why people complain so much about LFR being one of the circles of hell so much, wipes are rare and the odds at loot aren't as tiny as some people make them out to be

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main bottleneck with LFR at the moment is the lack of healers. I run three through every week and sometimes I will have to wait up to ten minutes for that 6/6 to fill up. I can only see that situation getting worse once 5.2 comes.

Once the new LFR is out, I won't be taking my healers through the old ones unless they need something, which I doubt will be the case. I am not concerned about the VP. I imagine that it will get to the point where Blizz has to do something to alleviate 1-2 hour queue times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Are these people running LFR now? I know I stopped as soon as I finished with my sigils. I doubt I'll be in the 5.2 LFR much unless there is another collection quest for the legendary chain.
    I stopped running it on my main long ago (we're 12/16 heroic)... but I run it weekly on one or two alts, just to give them some semblance of gear.

If anything, I'm guessing the quality of players will pick back up a bit first thing. LFR, altho not very fun imo, can be a decent RoI for valor points (esp if you queue with a healer), helps familiarize you with the encounters (albeit a watered down version), allows for trying new specs, can net you tier bonuses or specific pieces, helps you gear alts, etc.

Many of those appeals wane over time while, at the same time, the number of chaff players who can make the ilvl requirement creeps up each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    You and I have different meanings of the word "forced".
    While your comment was no aimed at me, heroic raiders were forced to run Dragon Soul LFR since you could no longer obtain set items through valor points. Set bonuses being such an important part of your dps and the new trinkets being so good made it a necessity to run it if you wanted to optimise your char. I was in full best in slot heroic gear from firelands, and the lower ilvl gear from DS lfr was actually a serious dps gain.

The only reason they changed the way setimes were acquired was to make sure the more experienced raiders would join LFR to improve the chances of the tourists (i.e those who have zero clue about boss mechanics, don't put any effort into learning them either and who have no idea how to proper play their toon). On top of that loot distribution was completely random, so that the chances of getting what you wanted was much bigger provided you ran it with friends or you had good begging skills/something to trade.

So yes, heroic raiders in the past were forced to run LFR.

Luckily this changed with MoP. I find it perfect nowadays. There is no need to run LFR to cap out on valor if you don't want to, there is no need to acquire gear if you just stick to dailies for alts and the personal loot system made it such that it's no longer absolutely needed to run it.

I do no longer feel forced to do LFR since I have options. Whether hc raiders still do it depends on the person. Half of my guild still runs it every week on alts or to cap VP on mains, the other half like me absolutely hates to clear the same instance more than once and stick to some heroic dungeons or dailies to cap out. And options are a good thing.

as long as legendary stuff drops in lfr they will do it, as long as tier bonuses are good they will do it, as long as they need valor for 5.3 upgrading they will do it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

LFR will be fine. Queue for BGs or do dailies between queues if you're dps/tank. Or find a healer friend (this is an MMO after all) and don't worry about it. Plenty of geared/experienced ppl will run it for VP to teach newbs.