Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue t15 bonuses

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Rogue T15 2P Bonus (New) Increases the duration of your finishing moves as if you had used an additional combo point, up to a maximum of 6 combo points.

Rogue T15 4P Bonus (New) Shadow Blades also reduces the cost of all your abilities by 40%.

What does everyone think of these preliminary set bonuses?

I like the thinking behind the bonus, applying it to our key class mechanic. longer ruptures, SnD, Recup?
    It is a slight reprieve in finisher management for all specs. Sub will likely benefit the most from this. Longer ruptures for Assassination will be so-so, SnD doesnt matter at all for Env, except perhaps in the opener. Combat will be made less clunky with longer SnD.

The 4 set..... need the math people to figure out how it compares to the current 4 set.
    Double duration = more moves used.
    Half cost CP builders/finishers = more moves used is the best I can do
    Last edited by SilkDath; 2013-01-10 at 03:24 AM.

well i think this 4set is worst at least for combat that the t14 it foces us to use as and sb separated. we cant expend all the energy with as + sb even less if u add bl there.
    the 2set is nice anyway we need to check if extend the duration of rupture.
    but anyway i think the t14 bonus are actually better

2p sounds awesome, but 4p sounds like a step back (at least for combat)... prepare to energy cap again!

@SilkDath - how will Sub benefit the most from the 2p? Not that I disagree with you, I just don't understand why it wouldn't be equal for all three specs. Sounds awesome though, given I will most certainly go Subtley full time next patch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    2p sounds awesome, but 4p sounds like a step back (at least for combat)... prepare to energy cap again!
    Seems really nice for assassination, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post

@SilkDath - how will Sub benefit the most from the 2p? Not that I disagree with you, I just don't understand why it wouldn't be equal for all three specs. Sounds awesome though, given I will most certainly go Subtley full time next patch.
    The dps finnishers that can be altered are probably only SnD and Rupture (as we're guessing).
    Assassination doesn't really care about SnD with 'autorefreshing' and Combat doesn't use that much rupture (or doesn't aim for a 100% uptime).
    Subtlety needs both as close to a 100% uptime and has to do it manually, that's why the bonus would benefit 'the double amount' for Subtlety.

Sounds hokey to me. Sure the extra couple secs to duration finishers is nice and I am guessing this will apply to damage finishers also??? If not that seriously blows for Eviscerate and Envenom.

As for 4pc...opens up more energy but what happens if capped or clipping?

I hate to be a thorn or looking at the glass as half empty, but just playing devils advocate. To me these bonuses are really bland and make either more "wait" time or run into energy/clipping issues.

I just think because Sub just has 1 more finisher to worry about. SnD Rupture Evis. Combat only has SnD Evis, Rupture*. Assassination has Envenom, Rupture.

I guess you could say Combat and Sub will benefit most if you squeeze in those Ruptures in Combat for that bit more damage.

I will be looking at Sub too in the next patch, SV being back to what it should be and gear with even more agi on it

combat rupture will be mandatory with that 2 set if increase the damage and the duration and not only the duration

Deleted
    I expect the 2 set bonus to apply to envenom buff duration. That wold be awesome for Assasination since the whole goal is to keep envenom uptime as high as possible. As for the 4 set bonus, i find it awesome. It gives Assasination the burst it lacks.
    Last edited by mmoc99cea1ece7; 2013-01-10 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blazex2 View Post
    combat rupture will be mandatory with that 2 set if increase the damage and the duration and not only the duration
    Each point adds damage and duration, of course it will be both. Im only questioning utility abilities, like kidney shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Moxi View Post
    Each point adds damage and duration, of course it will be both. Im only questioning utility abilities, like kidney shot...
    9.5 sec kidney will be really fun

10+ Year Old Account
    2 set seems amazing for Assa. A 6cp envenom, assuming it works with all finishers, would give us extra time to squeeze in another mut before it expires. Would mean holding off to mut until around 90-100 energy though, which I'm not too fond of since it puts us in danger of capping if we get a rupture proc.
    Either way I like it. The 4 set doesn't seem too bad for assa or sub but combat def gets the short end of the stick on that one. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see combat avoid the 4 set entirely near the end of the tier.

Edit- Now that I think about it, the 4 set for assa might have an issue during BL+Shadow Blades. I already run into the issue of either capping or clipping during lust+shadowblades since I'm getting an ass ton of energy regen and a boatload of CPs quickly, getting me to 10 before rupture/envenom is done. Might be something to think about.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-01-10 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

2 pc helps with anticipation can 4 cp envemon with less issues allowing for more talent choices, and the 4 pc is great since mut is expensive to use so u can keep envenom up full time during it, and yes there would be a issue during BL for cp capped/clipping, just using it b4 or after lust

Deleted
    The 4 set is going to be sooo nice for assa. I look forward to these.

Looking forward to playing sub in the next patch, these bonuses will be lovely QoL improvements for the spec.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

As stated earlier I hope this applies to damage dealing finishers and Kidney Shot. If it's just a timer deal ie: SnD, Rupt, Recup, Env, I'll feel cheated on our 2pc. I'm already having doubts about the effectiveness of reducing energy cost during Shadow Blades due to clipping/energy capping. It's nice don't get me wrong, but cp's build fast as is during SB.

I do appreciate the QoL of the 2pc, however in comparison to Warrior's set bonuses ours got the typical Blizz shaft.

They should just give us the same bonus as warrior 4pc for our 4pc, Shadow Blades gives +35% crit as well (instead of this reduced energy cost BS)
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I guess we're not going to be using AR and shadow blades together as combat anymore.
    And at the same time i feel like sub's burst (Shadow blades --> Shadow dance) will push some funny numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    And at the same time i feel like sub's burst (Shadow blades --> Shadow dance) will push some funny numbers.
    Ambush-ambush-evis-ambush-ambush-evis-ambush-evis trololol

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    2 set seems amazing for Assa. A 6cp envenom, assuming it works with all finishers, would give us extra time to squeeze in another mut before it expires. Would mean holding off to mut until around 90-100 energy though, which I'm not too fond of since it puts us in danger of capping if we get a rupture proc.
    Either way I like it. The 4 set doesn't seem too bad for assa or sub but combat def gets the short end of the stick on that one. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see combat avoid the 4 set entirely near the end of the tier.

Edit- Now that I think about it, the 4 set for assa might have an issue during BL+Shadow Blades. I already run into the issue of either capping or clipping during lust+shadowblades since I'm getting an ass ton of energy regen and a boatload of CPs quickly, getting me to 10 before rupture/envenom is done. Might be something to think about.
    Then again that's with 24 seconds of SB. That's obviously dropping to 12; I don't think it will be a problem and even so BL happens once. So despite the possible energy capping I don't think its too much of a problem.