Thread: pvp gear in 5.2

pvp gear in 5.2

so im not sure but im wondering if the changes they are discussing are bringing back tier gear requirements. ie 1500 wrist 1600 back etc

What kind of person thinks adding more ratings requirements will fix the current state of arenas? only thing it will do is making even more people stop playing.
    We need MORE people playing arenas, its common sense, anyone that things other wise is mentally challenged.

Deleted
    tbh i would like to see req's come back it was more fun in TBC and part of LK to actually have to work a little to get your next piece.

however they wont add this back, in PvP you want a level playing field as much as possible thus making more even and better competition. i believe it's vanity items and Xmog items they have hinted at this for a long time now so would make a lot sense, i also wouldnt be suprised if they made Justice/QP's account bound with a maximum of X per character for each week,

this would not only help you gear up your alt's but also give more insentive to actually gear an alt up mid-season if you wanted too, i also think they may add ''season total earned - 22900 QP's'' so your ''alt'' who say has only collected 8500 can make up the difference within however long it takes to accumulate them.
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2013-01-08 at 01:46 PM.

if anything they need to remove the rating req for weapons, or remove the ilvl upgrade and make it cosmetic again.
    more skilled players don't need better gear to beat other players, they use their skill with gear that those same players can get themselves. it's backwards thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    if anything they need to remove the rating req for weapons, or remove the ilvl upgrade and make it cosmetic again.
    more skilled players don't need better gear to beat other players, they use their skill with gear that those same players can get themselves. it's backwards thinking.
    Well on pve you need better gear for more dps/healing/tanking to keep up with the content. For pvp the aim is probably the same.

could not agree with u more my friend +1

if anything they need to remove the rating req for weapons, or remove the ilvl upgrade
    The latter portion of this is so far true. There was a post on the home page in which it referenced ilvl upgrades not being placed on gear in this tier.

Deleted
    If we want truly balanced PvP, gear should be free to everyone and without T2, so everyone is equal and its just about class/skills.
    Rewards from wining BG or arenas should be like gold or some tokens that you can exchange later for gold/mats/pets/etc... I don't see why this change wouldn't be widely accepted. Insted of T2, there should be some mounts/pets as rewards or just cool transmog gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well on pve you need better gear for more dps/healing/tanking to keep up with the content. For pvp the aim is probably the same.
    All I have to say to that statement is: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyways right now the way gear works is terrible and even more so as very few people actually play (atleast in my BG). In 2s theres only 3 teams above 2200 and even more disturbing is that someone like me who is only 1900 rated gets to fight these top ranked teams. When me and my team mate queue up at this rating and see the names Exerion or Voroz who both are on teams that have 100+ wins to 0 loses its very demoralizing. Even more so when im wearing 4 epics and the rest are a mix of upgraded and non upgraded blues. Obviously these players are really really good to win over 100 times in a row without ever losing but the fact that they are full epic and almost full upgraded I stand no chance to survive at all.

I propose that all pvp gear has the same stats (on a season). The honor gear should make you look like a hobo, the conquest gear with no rating should make you looks like less of a hobo, conquest gear for a rating of 1800 (or 1700 or 1900) should make you look good and conquest gear of rating 2200 or 2300 should make you look like a hero. Personally I dont care about looks but I know some do but we really cant have stats be that big a part of pvp.