Help on macro (on use trinket+spell)

Hi,
    kinda new on posting on the forum, hope someone can help me:
    i've just bought the dominance offensive tank trinket (Medallion of Mystifying Vapors), i'm trying to get it in use with my light's hammer spell, someone as never do it?
    I'll set up my macro like this:
    /use 14
    /cast Light's Hammer
    The problem is that the spell has to be placed like a Death and Decay. The trinket is activated, but i can't place the thing down.

Any hint?
    Thanks
    Wyr

...Try changing the order? I don't know why how you have it wouldn't work... it should use the trinket, and then bring the target reticle/symbol up for you to place on the ground.

Or if what you wanted was that the trinket wouldn't fire until you pick a location on the ground, that can't be done other than you doing it manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works fine on my druid (hurricane instead of lights hammer).

Tonight i'll have some more try on writing down... Thanks for the response!

Try this:
    /use 14
    /cast !Light's Hammer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villy247 View Post
    Try this:
    /use 14
    /cast !Light's Hammer
    that should work and regarding the order switching that would defeat the purpose i guess since you probably want your spell to benefit of the extra stats.

Also check spelling (shift+click the spell in your spellbook while in the macro editing window).
    Last edited by mmoc2cc9d2ed03; 2013-01-09 at 10:56 AM.

Wow, thanks guys, i'll try as soon as i'll come home from work!

Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    that should work and regarding the order switching that would defeat the purpose i guess since you probably want your spell to benefit of the extra stats.

Also check spelling (shift+click the spell in your spellbook while in the macro editing window).
    Irrelevant since there'd be at least a short moment before you laid it on the ground. If it was instantly activated and not ground targeted, sure. I was simply trying to get around a problem in a case where it didn't really make sense that there'd be a problem. That's when you start trying unconventional things.

!Lights Hammer should make it so the targeting circle doesn't go away if you hit it multiple times. Certainly good advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you make your macro like this

/cast Light's Hammer
    /use 14
    You will be able to place the spell on the ground and it will benefit from the trinket because spell will check your SP when you land it on the ground and not while you have the targeting circle active.

Got it work, thanks guys!