10+ Year Old Account

Which cooler to buy that will fit my setup.

Well I've started buying parts, and already have a list of what else to buy for my new setup over the next month or so...

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (Already Bought)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
    Case: Zalman Z11 (Already bought)

I'm looking at what heatsink will be good for this setup. Only want something cheap really as not going to be overclocking the nuts out the system just yet.
    Although shall probably up the OC just a little for now.

Would have to be based on UK suppliers.

The main reason I'm asking is I didn't wanna assume to buy anything, then find out I need low profile RAM for it to fit.

Also in another thread I asked about what power it would need if I eventualy went Crossfire, but what minimum power would I need as the system stands now? Just that I have been given a 450w power supply that I may use for now to get the system finished faster. (Buying parts monthly currently)
    Last edited by Lapetos; 2013-01-08 at 01:15 PM.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

get a cheap watercooler like the H40 or equal, takes away the need for LP RAM and also lets you overclock within reason. An equivalent air cooler will produce about 600% more dust as well. If you don't want to go with a water cooler, there are plenty of good air coolers at around 20-25$ like the Gaia etc. If you go with these air coolers, LP RAM is adviced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm well this will be my first PC build. I was somewhat nervous on the installation of water cooling. Is it easy enough to learn/install?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Hmmm well this will be my first PC build. I was somewhat nervous on the installation of water cooling. Is it easy enough to learn/install?
    Its about as easy to install a pre made water cooling kit like installing any other after market cooler.
    just follow the manual it tends to be pretty straight forward.

You could just pick up some thing like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 witch is on par with the H40 if not slightly better.
    If you don't want to deal with a water cooler.

Deleted
    evo 212 from CM should work fine for your needs and easy to install

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah just googled them, and realised it's an easier version of what I thought it was (Having to cut pipes, place a resevoir + radiator and manually set up the pipes and fluids).

I shall check out all the ones you suggest. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    evo 212 from CM should work fine for your needs and easy to install
    I agree with the above, I have one in an Antec 300 illusion black case with a pair of GSkill Ripjaws in it. Fan damn near sits on top of the ram, but youve got a sliver of clearance. This is with an AMD setup, not completely sure how much if any an intel mobo is different setup wise. The Evo though is a great air cooler, keeps my 4.7 oc'd 4170 around 47-49c under load while stressing it with P95 blend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also what about my 2nd question. Will a 450w supply be enough for the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Also what about my 2nd question. Will a 450w supply be enough for the system?
    Yes, just make sure it is a good quality one.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant thanks. Yeah can't remember the brand name as it's been sat in a spare case for a few months now, but it is definately one of the ones that these forums tend to recommend (I'd make sure of it being as I don't want my new build fried).