Improve on N: Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Last week was my first go at 2H Frost coming from being a Blood DK since Firelands. Did really well for being undergeared (483ilvl) and going against some very geared people. I took the #1-3 melee spot on fights thoughout the night. That said I wasn't too happy with my damage on Wind Lord Mel'jarak. I didn't do bad...just wanted it to be better especially with how powerful Howling Blast is. Im not sure if it was lack of gear or execution of the fight. I did 198,000 DPS and our top which was a Fury Warrior did 218,000 DPS. We aren't a super hardcore 25m guild but have all normals down and 6 heroics. Anyway being the type of player who is always looking to improve and be better I was looking for some tips on the fight more than critiquing my rotation. Pretty sure I am fine as far as rotation. Finished with order of (HB > OB > FS > Melee > Frost/Blood Plague (99.6% up time) > Soul Reaper > D&D). One question I have is when are people using ERW in this fight? For Howling Blast when adds are up or when the boss is in Phase 2 taking increased damage? I used it for extra Howling Blasts when my CD's were popped at the start on adds but was wondering if I was better off using it in Phase 2. Any other tips for the fight people can think of?

First of all you should improve your formatting skills of forum posts as 90% of mmo community wont read it in the form we have here.

This is no offense and not strictly on topic,but neverthelesss helpful i guess.

Deleted
    I don't have any tip to share since I'm 2h :P but since the fight should last longer than 5min you should be able to use ERW twice, once at the start for more HB and once at the end for extra damage; you should pop AotD at the end aswell.

If you could post a link to that log it would be great.

Howling Blast is actually not particulary powerful for 2H frost. The fight should be long enough to ERW twice, so that's no issue.
    Using AotD later might be a good idea, havnt tried that myself though. Not much else to say, only minor other dps increase here could be using IBF to avoid a tomb so you can get back in faster.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Howling Blast is actually not particulary powerful for 2H frost.
    That's irrelevant, since it still surpasses both Obliterate's damage and DPR on 3 or more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Not much else to say, only minor other dps increase here could be using IBF to avoid a tomb so you can get back in faster.
    Desecrated Ground also breaks it, I'd recommend speccing into it for Mel'jarak.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-01-08 at 09:39 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    That's irrelevant, since it still surpasses both Obliterate's damage and DPR on 3 or more targets.
    Desecrated Ground also breaks it, I'd recommend speccing into it for Mel'jarak.
    Yeah, just meant HB isnt that powerful that he should expect to be miles ahead of the rest as 2H.
    Desecrated Ground is a good tip, hadn't thought of that yet.