TIps on Brewmaster?

Been windwalker, wanting to try out brew.

Kind of nervous since it's all new.

How do I start pulls off, and what do I keep using on single target.. jab and blackout kick ? When should I use gaurd, whenever it's up? And purify only with high stagger dmg?

First of all, please take a look through the stickied guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-5-1-0

While some parts are a little out of date, overall it's a decent reference point. Especially in reference to your specific questions. That said, here's some general guidelines to your queries:

-Starting a pull: depends on the type of pull. You can use Dizzying Haze on a group, Clash on a single target, Roll then Keg Smash, or run in while using Spinning Crane Kick on a group... There's a lot of options. Figure out what works best for you.

-Single target abilities: indeed, Jab and BoK are two of the more important abilities you use on single target. You'll also use Keg Smash (even though it's AoE, it's also very strong on single target for several reasons) and Tiger Palm.

-Usage of Guard: Either use it on cooldown (ensuring you have the Power Guard buff active), or save it for a specific ability. This is judged on a per boss basis, so there's no one single rule for everything. Generally though you do want to use it as often as possible.

-Purifying Stagger: Again, depends on the boss fight. Sometimes you'll be able to purify whenever you hit Moderate, sometimes you will have to wait until Heavy. Or sometimes, you'll never have to purify at all. It depends on the boss fight. Remember though that it is a balance: More chi that is spent on PB is less to be spent on Blackout Kick, which means less Shuffle uptime.

I hope that gives you a good starting point. Please take a look at the linked guide, it's really helpful. If after reading it you have further questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Good luck with Brewmastery!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even try to research anything before pressing the new thread button? The BrM guide is not only really detailed, but dumbed down and I read through it several times before even creating a monk.
    Last edited by Shinchib; 2013-01-08 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    Did you even try to research anything before pressing the new thread button? The BrM guide is not only really detailed, but dumbed down and I read through it several times before even creating a monk.
    Thanks for a useless post, your comment has not been noted.

Thank you Kisho, I have glanced over it. And will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Thanks for a useless post, your comment has not been noted.

Thank you Kisho, I have glanced over it. And will do.
    Except its not useless. What Kisho said was covered in the guide and thensome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Except its not useless. What Kisho said was covered in the guide and thensome.
    Was referring to the douche above me, not Kisho. Kisho was helpful.

Was referring to the douche above me, not Kisho. Kisho was helpful.
    But he is right. Its not too much asked for to actually spend 1 Minute look around in a forum to get the information you asked for.
    If you have still questions afterwards and need some more input sure make a thread.

But dont complain if people dont want to spoon feed you.
    Because we dont need a sticky guide if noone is going to read it anyway.

Is this really necessary? I linked the guide and asked him to read it, thus encouraging him to look for the answer himself the next time he may have a query. But there's really no need to be rude to each other. That doesn't help anyone.

One little thing Kisho left out.

Gift of the Ox: Either pick these up when you're spiking down or, on easier encounters or phases, when you're down a bit but your guard just came up, which involves a little shuffle that can be accomplished with (hold)mouse2+A/D if you haven't rebinding any of those. Basically, listen to Catgroove and remember that you're the "can't touch this" tanking class.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Is this really necessary? I linked the guide and asked him to read it, thus encouraging him to look for the answer himself the next time he may have a query. But there's really no need to be rude to each other. That doesn't help anyone.
    Iam all for helping people with troubles and questions but after so many years i just find it rude if people dont even invest 1 Minute of their own time and expect others to spend their time on them.
    Thats all iam saying.

I mean..the Brewmaster guide is like 3cm below the "New Topic" Button.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Iam all for helping people with troubles and questions but after so many years i just find it rude if people dont even invest 1 Minute of their own time and expect others to spend their time on them.
    Thats all iam saying.

I mean..the Brewmaster guide is like 3cm below the "New Topic" Button.
    Again with all your unnecessary comments. You don't like it, don't post here, keep quiet. I asked for advice on to tank.

It's nice to get a few peoples perspective and how THEY feel tanking works for them and how they feel helps. Guides are good to read, but so static. It's nice hearing different opinions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again with all your unnecessary comments. You don't like it, don't post here, keep quiet. I asked for advice on to tank.
    This thread is unnecessary for all the reasons stated in previous posts.

It's nice to get a few peoples perspective and how THEY feel tanking works for them and how they feel helps. Guides are good to read, but so static. It's nice hearing different opinions.
    That is not what I saw the purpose of you creating this thread as at all. To me it sounded more along the lines of "I know nothing about BrM, tell me how to play it" in which case, the stickied guide is an excellent source (especially when the OP has been keeping it updated). I'm pretty sure I'm not far off here; now you're just back pedalling and redirecting the topic. You originally were asking about the basics afterall, that's what the guide is for.

I'm closing this thread... not because it's unnecessary - questions are what help us all improve, and I don't think that it's necessary that they all clog the guide, which is used for a lot of other reasons as well as answering questions - but because people have gone way too meta and aggressive about why the user didn't check the guide before asking their particular question.

Seriously, it isn't a big deal. If people have questions that are explained in the guide, tell them to take a look at it. Don't just berate them.

The OP got his question answered anyway. At this point it's just pointless bickering.