Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What about the Argent Tournament mounts ? You've mentioned being a mount junkie, but there are so many of them to get from the AT, I wanted to double check. :P

As other people said, go for the daily quest achievements... And perhaps you have an alt with a profession that could benefit from reputation recipes ? Though I suppose it would kind of miss the point of getting valor and charms on your main.

I'm nearly in the same boat as you, there's none left in Pandaria for me but going back and completing those for Ogri'la and Frenzyheart, then I'll be all out again until 5.2 launch, actually looking forward to those.. I still have 3k to go for the Prince's valor quest and i'm struggling through with motivation.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

You could do daily mount farming. Sethekk Halls for Raven Lord, Magisters Terrace for Swift White Hawkstrider, Utgarde Pinnacle for Blue Protodrake, Zul'Gurub, Armored Razzashi Raptor and Swift Zulian Panther.

The Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle and Statholme mounts can be farmed on normal mode.

Weekly you could solo, Karazhan, Vault of Archavon, Malygos, Onyxia, Tempest Keep for some nice mounts. If you can kill the Alysrazor trash, you can solo kill Alys on some classes very easy for the mount. Not that I like doing dailies, but mount farming keeps me busy on several chars

Lora wins this thread definitely. *thumbs up*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    We need more people like you. If people spent less time doing dailies and more time working on strats, they would progress faster. It's ironic how so many guilds actually slow progression by doing dailies....lol.

I also don't do dailies, and I'm the main strategist for my guild.
    we once had one in our guild that came late for raid "because he had to do the dailies first".
    he can be glad that I had no rights to kick people out of the guild by that time (I still don't have, I don't want them anyways...), but this would have been the definition of a guild kick.

and people focus so hard to get the extra rolls each week... if they would focus on the boss strategies instead, we could kill double the amount of bosses per week...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Because he refuses to do dailies, but still wants charms. Giving him an option other than "get no charms" means he's forced to do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman
    They feel its forced because once you give someone the option to do content for a reward then they or their guild feel its a requirement. My raiding guild told me to start training pets for the coins that you can get in 5.2 and I told them to get F'd because I do the content that I want when I want.

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer.

So the next question I have to ask, How does your guild know if you have charms or not ? Are people required to take weekly screenshots ? Because, unless I missed another memo, your guild has no way of knowing if you're doing dailies, how many charms you have and how many times you masterbaited to pictures of Nancy Grace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Lora wins this thread definitely. *thumbs up*
    Thanks ;D I'm an achievement whore myself. I've found reason to grind nearly every single reputation given, including doing dailies. Shit, I've done nearly 5000 or so by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothign against Daily quests, I think there's no problem with them.. you do it if you wat, don't if you don't want to do them.. they are not mandatory by any way.

But why would you wish more? Wouldn't you prefer another kind of more "productive" thing to do than repeat the same thing over and over.. ?

For that matter, if it's about daily quests, at least give the kind of daily quests we had in the Isle of QD, where pvp WAS mandatory (xD) or the Argent Tournament, jsut the oposite, yet fun and with extra rewards! reputation, items and tokens!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer.

So the next question I have to ask, How does your guild know if you have charms or not ? Are people required to take weekly screenshots ? Because, unless I missed another memo, your guild has no way of knowing if you're doing dailies, how many charms you have and how many times you masterbaited to pictures of Nancy Grace.
    Not like it matters anyways, i mean if you have the required amount of DPS and your DPS boost from a coin loot wont win/lose the fight they can eff off.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Thanks ;D I'm an achievement whore myself. I've found reason to grind nearly every single reputation given, including doing dailies. Shit, I've done nearly 5000 or so by now.
    I have done almost 6000 by now. I loved doing them in Wrath and TBC when they were optional the pandaria ones are a boring chore that kills my enjoyment of the game.

P.S. I have over 1100 on main, i complain bout my Alt.

Deleted
    If you want ie. Alani mount, do golden lotus dailies for shards. I'm valorcapping my main with daily heroic+scenario+GL dailies and tillers dailies. Takes "only" 5 days and i can valorcap my alt too without breaking a sweat. If you don't want just valor, i can recommend Argent Tournament dailies, they are my personal favourite. Mounts, pets (for AH if not for pet battles) and weapons for transmog if that's your thing.

I have Pandaren Ambassador on 2 characters now, can't say i ENJOY doing dailies but what the hell, for me dailies are just quests, i level by questing so why not do them more after lvl cap. Got 9500/10000 dailies done now or something. Imo there should be some stupid title for that achievement so i could cause butthurtness around me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Since I hit exalted with everything I've stopped doing dailies.

And I don't have anything left to get from LFR.

So I haven't got any valor point for three weeks now...
    I need 6000 valor for the Prince quest but I just don't care.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you but I have yet to get "Best Friend" will all the Tillers people and I just don't care anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Quickest way to rep exalted with all tillers is to fly around the Fields looking for Dark Soil Mounds - I collect about 30 a day when nothing to do.
    Some items turn in for 900 rep for certain of the NPCS and rest 525

got all exalted in 3 days.
    They all give 900 if you turn them in with the respective NPC they are meant for,. They only give less if you give em to the other npc's.
    Most people are done with the tillers and the dark soil is laying around abundant now. Barely anyone farms them now anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    If you want ie. Alani mount, do golden lotus dailies for shards. I'm valorcapping my main with daily heroic+scenario+GL dailies and tillers dailies. Takes "only" 5 days and i can valorcap my alt too without breaking a sweat. If you don't want just valor, i can recommend Argent Tournament dailies, they are my personal favourite. Mounts, pets (for AH if not for pet battles) and weapons for transmog if that's your thing.
    I'm one of those who are saddened that they lowered the last reputation achievement to 60. I am at almost 70 exalted factions. So, I am a faction whore lol

Argent Tournament ground however, I cannot get myself into doing them again. I have two toons which went through the entirety of achievements with them. I got all the pets, and two mounts. Yet there's still a whole herd of mounts to get, and the pure thought of how many tokens to farm until I have them all, drives me off from it.
    I mean, there is a mount to get from every faction. Plus the tournament ground faction mount. And now I don't know if the faction mounts just get converted, if that isn't the case, I'd have to do it on both sides, Alliance and Horde. Good lord, that's a LOT of time spent again in Northrend lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd either rotate between all the different factions OR just do Golden Lotus (for a chance at a Skyshard at the end). Golden Lotus isn't so bad anymore since they nerfed the first part quests with 5.1. I can do the whole of them in about 30 minutes now. If you are after 5 dailies a day I'd rotate between Cloud Serpents & Anglers vs. Tillers & cooking vs. DO/Shieldwall vs. August Celestials vs. Klaxxi vs Shadopan vs Golden Lotus. That's 6 days worth of a nice amount of dailies that will take you between 10 -20 minutes (with the exception of GL) and for the 7th day you can probably just sneak in more Golden Lotus, cause those are pretty varied beyond the first 5 quests.

I agree with a lot of above...especially the Golden Lotus extra benefits.

Also, if you care about lore, the last quest in the Auguest Celestial chain for Chi Ji (south) is a series. You fight a new challenger every time and there's a loose story. There's an achievement at the end so keep an eye out for it when it shows up.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hit exalted with all Panda factions on my main a few weeks ago, and I even have Nomi up to expert so I get the free Ironpaw token + random high level food for free every day. So the only 'daily' I do is plant my 16 Enigmas to get the ~4-8 golden lotus everyday for my JC/Xmuter to keep his supply of blue quality gems steady, while sending the weeds that didn't pop as GL to my scribe to keep her ink supply constant.

I'm happy my daily chores are basically over for my main.

Of course, with 10 other 85-90's, different ones have varying amounts of daily farming ahead of them, but nothing like trying to do all of them the first time without the commendation thingy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm one of those who are saddened that they lowered the last reputation achievement to 60. I am at almost 70 exalted factions. So, I am a faction whore lol
    Eh, I had mixed feelings on that. I think I'm at 69 and completed all of the 5.0/5.1 factions that can be completed currently (Black Prince, duh). So, on the one hand, I had the achievement/title as soon as 5.1 hit and it lowered the requirement. On the other hand, I'm so close to the original goal, but now I don't have a strong urge to grind out that 70th.

Also, am I the only one that liked the sound of "the Exalted" better than "the Beloved"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And now I don't know if the faction mounts just get converted, if that isn't the case, I'd have to do it on both sides, Alliance and Horde. Good lord, that's a LOT of time spent again in Northrend lol
    Hahah, yeah, i don't know the reason but i always liked those quests. I did 2 (or 3) x crusader title when i was horde and when i changed back to alliance, i did it again 4 times. I mean, at least they are not as shitty as molten front/cloud serpent dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Since I hit exalted with everything I've stopped doing dailies.

And I don't have anything left to get from LFR.

So I haven't got any valor point for three weeks now...
    I need 6000 valor for the Prince quest but I just don't care.
    The story of my life...
    I've levelled 3 toons to 90 in the past week, due to lack of content..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. Having never received a single skyshard in all my GL questing in the past I totally even forgot the existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I am in the opposite position. I have over 1100 charms on my main and all exalted reps on it, but i am still forced to do Dailies on my DK alt that is revered with all for Charms... I dislike dailies from the bottom of my heart so i do the easiest and most rewarding ones: August Celestial and Golden lotus.

PS. I am infuriated by the fact that in 5.2 i will be forced to do Pet battles for charms. Dungeons should drop 5 charms at the final boss. Dailies suck even more for Healers and Tanks...
    I hate you so much. You're not forced to do anything. Literally, you're not forced to do anything. How do you and others not see this?

It's your CHOICE to do it. If you don't want to do it, then don't do it. And if you do it and you don't like doing it, then you're literally, be definition, crazy. Seek professional help.

End of story.