Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He didn't have his license revoked. He was kicked out of a trade association.


    lol



    busted

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by aprosarmostos View Post
    So if the doctor did his job right ,according to you, she would end up with a minimum of 7 . And i am asking you....IS 7 CHILDREN A REASONABLE NUMBER IN HER CASE ?!????

    You keep bashing the doctor like she had 0 children and she ended up with 8, conviniently ignoring the fact she already had 6 .
    Hes been doing it the entire thread and has been called out on it over and over and over again. He doesn't care, hes just trolling at this point, just ignore him.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:37 PM ----------

    Heh ok, so out of curiosity I actually goolged Octomom and found some fun stuff. Keep in mind I don't have sources for most of this, so take it entirely at face value.


    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5172709AA6kQ6W

    'She is receiving government aid fraudulently. She has gotten over $160,000 for a back injury from disability. She also got a workman's comp settlement. This is fraudulent because if your back is ok to carry 6 pregnancies, (before the litter of 8) and to go to school. You are well enough to work. She also receives over $700.00 per child for 3 of her children in social security. One reportedly has Autism, and the other 2 the disablilities are suspect. She also has student loans. the most current is for $50,000. that she plans on living on for the next year instead of going to school. School loans are for school expenses.

    According to her mother, she never paid for anything. The whole financial burden has fallen upon her parents effectively driving them into bankruptcy. The SSI for her children's disabilities are for any special treatment that they need. Not for IVF or plastic surguries.

    Her million dollar plus medical bills are going to be paid for by the California taxpayers.

    This woman is an expert at milking the system. And she uses sympathy for her children to con hard working people out of their money so she can sit back and be a baby machine, thereby getting more money.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ticle-1.360844 - lol daily news but hey this IS gossip

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_162756.html - huffington is a little better



    Sooo yeah.

    Octomom was obsessed with having a massive number of kids for most of her life and if she could have done it the old fashioned way she would have but she apparently couldn't. So, she found money anywhere she could and used the rest of her family members to get what she wanted. She knew exactly what she was getting into, it was planned all along. She had multiple IVF procedures, even had a pair of twins because of it prior to the 8. There was no ignorance, no temporary insanity involved here. She did this with clear headed resolve. Resolve to get what SHE wanted, damn anyone or anything that might get in her way...you know...like needing diapers...and a job...and school....and the like....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  2. #282
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    lol



    busted

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:23 PM ----------



    Hes been doing it the entire thread and has been called out on it over and over and over again. He doesn't care, hes just trolling at this point, just ignore him.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:37 PM ----------

    Heh ok, so out of curiosity I actually goolged Octomom and found some fun stuff. Keep in mind I don't have sources for most of this, so take it entirely at face value.


    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5172709AA6kQ6W

    'She is receiving government aid fraudulently. She has gotten over $160,000 for a back injury from disability. She also got a workman's comp settlement. This is fraudulent because if your back is ok to carry 6 pregnancies, (before the litter of 8) and to go to school. You are well enough to work. She also receives over $700.00 per child for 3 of her children in social security. One reportedly has Autism, and the other 2 the disablilities are suspect. She also has student loans. the most current is for $50,000. that she plans on living on for the next year instead of going to school. School loans are for school expenses.

    According to her mother, she never paid for anything. The whole financial burden has fallen upon her parents effectively driving them into bankruptcy. The SSI for her children's disabilities are for any special treatment that they need. Not for IVF or plastic surguries.

    Her million dollar plus medical bills are going to be paid for by the California taxpayers.

    This woman is an expert at milking the system. And she uses sympathy for her children to con hard working people out of their money so she can sit back and be a baby machine, thereby getting more money.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ticle-1.360844 - lol daily news but hey this IS gossip

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_162756.html - huffington is a little better



    Sooo yeah.

    Octomom was obsessed with having a massive number of kids for most of her life and if she could have done it the old fashioned way she would have but she apparently couldn't. So, she found money anywhere she could and used the rest of her family members to get what she wanted. She knew exactly what she was getting into, it was planned all along. She had multiple IVF procedures, even had a pair of twins because of it prior to the 8. There was no ignorance, no temporary insanity involved here. She did this with clear headed resolve. Resolve to get what SHE wanted, damn anyone or anything that might get in her way...you know...like needing diapers...and a job...and school....and the like....
    You are seriously saying I am trolling?

    Also

    The Medical Board of California said it was necessary to revoke Dr. Michael Kamrava's license to protect the public. The revocation takes effect July 1.
    So how am I "busted" what the fuck am I being busted for? Don't come in here and try to claim I am trolling.

    How have I been called out on it? Saying "it's not the doctors fault" and "she still decided" isn't calling me out. The fact is what the doctor did was wrong.

    and also

    The board found that Dr. Michael Kamrava had "committed acts of gross negligence and repeated negligent acts" in his care of Suleman and another patient and had committed "repeated negligent acts" in his care of a third patient. The revocation is scheduled to take effect July 1.
    Also you call that clear headed? I call that in need of psychological help and something that should have been picked up on by her doctor.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-01-09 at 03:53 AM.

  3. #283
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    You have been asked, SO many times by myself and many others in this thread, a question that you continue to avoid like the plague. Why?

    If the doctor had only given her, lets say 4, embryos and they all took, should would still have 10 kids and be in the same situation. If the doctor had only given her ONE and she was saddled with 7 kids. So take your scapegoat out of the equation entirely. She would STILL be manipulating and leeching her way through life to get what she wants.

    You keep harping on the doctor but your TOTALLY missing that point that no one here cares what happened with the doctor. The women has gone on record saying she wanted 12+ kids, and had wanted them her whole life.

    SO

    What would your argument to defender be if you take any malpractice by the doctor out of the equation? Your totally cool with everything shes done otherwise? Really? You have absolutely no issue with her behavior at all and its all the doctors fault? WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  4. #284
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    You have been asked, SO many times by myself and many others in this thread, a question that you continue to avoid like the plague. Why?

    If the doctor had only given her, lets say 4, embryos and they all took, should would still have 10 kids and be in the same situation. If the doctor had only given her ONE and she was saddled with 7 kids. So take your scapegoat out of the equation entirely. She would STILL be manipulating and leeching her way through life to get what she wants.

    You keep harping on the doctor but your TOTALLY missing that point that no one here cares what happened with the doctor. The women has gone on record saying she wanted 12+ kids, and had wanted them her whole life.

    SO

    What would your argument to defender be if you take any malpractice by the doctor out of the equation? Your totally cool with everything shes done otherwise? Really? You have absolutely no issue with her behavior at all and its all the doctors fault? WTF?
    I already addressed that, but I guess it was lost on people who fail at comprehension.

    Are you fucking reading? How can you say "you have no issue with her behaviour" when I JUST FUCKING SAID HE WAS MENTALLY UNSTABLE MULTIPLE TIMES. Are you just choosing to ignore the many times I have called her unstable and in need of help? The doctor should have been able to pick up on that and dealt with it accordingly HOWEVER THEY FAILED HER. They allowed her to continue to go down this path. Bloody fucking hell, read my damn post before you say "your totally cool with everything shes done" never minding the fact I called her unstable and not mentally sound at the time lol. What the fuck are you on?

  5. #285
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also you call that clear headed? I call that in need of psychological help and something that should have been picked up on by her doctor.

    She was not in some sort of judgment clouding fog. She wasn't drunk, she wasn't high. She wasn't raving mad, this was her plan her ENTIRE LIFE. It had become so insane her own mother practically disowned her at one point and your going to blame just the doctor? Why not blame her parents? Certainly they knew she was fucking nuts? Why not blame her Ex husband who divorced her BECAUSE he knew she was going to do this shit, he clearly knew she was nuts. I mean she literally asked for the doctor to put like 3 times the normal number of embryos into her, she asked for 6 which is WAY over the normal limit. Why the guy put 12 in...I have no idea..certainly shouldn't have... kinda makes me wonder where he got the other 6 since she only had 6 frozen but that's not really relevant here.

    See what you seem to be doing is saying that the behavior of the doctor is relevant when judging this woman for her own actions. We aren't even talking about the doctor here, we don't care, HER choices were bad. they were bad before she had 8 kids, they were bad once she got pregnant, and they were bad after she had them. The woman is a freakin liar, she keeps getting caught doing it. She claims she loves her kids but then gets caught on tape saying she hates them and wishes shed never done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  6. #286
    I say take the kids away and then sterilize the bitch. Afterwards she can go back to porn to make a living or starve to death.

  7. #287
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I already addressed that, but I guess it was lost on people who fail at comprehension.

    Are you fucking reading? How can you say "you have no issue with her behaviour" when I JUST FUCKING SAID HE WAS MENTALLY UNSTABLE MULTIPLE TIMES. Are you just choosing to ignore the many times I have called her unstable and in need of help? The doctor should have been able to pick up on that and dealt with it accordingly HOWEVER THEY FAILED HER. They allowed her to continue to go down this path. Bloody fucking hell, read my damn post before you say "your totally cool with everything shes done" never minding the fact I called her unstable and not mentally sound at the time lol. What the fuck are you on?

    Yeah you say shes mentally unstable but then in the same breath put the blame on the doctor. REALITY CHECK being mentally unstable does NOT absolve you of responsibility for your actions.

    SEPARATE the actions of octomom and the actions of the doctor. Both have their own judgments to face for their own choices and actions, one does not excuse or justify the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  8. #288
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    She was not in some sort of judgment clouding fog. She wasn't drunk, she wasn't high. She wasn't raving mad, this was her plan her ENTIRE LIFE. It had become so insane her own mother practically disowned her at one point and your going to blame just the doctor? Why not blame her parents? Certainly they knew she was fucking nuts? Why not blame her Ex husband who divorced her BECAUSE he knew she was going to do this shit, he clearly knew she was nuts. I mean she literally asked for the doctor to put like 3 times the normal number of embryos into her, she asked for 6 which is WAY over the normal limit. Why the guy put 12 in...I have no idea..certainly shouldn't have... kinda makes me wonder where he got the other 6 since she only had 6 frozen but that's not really relevant here.

    See what you seem to be doing is saying that the behavior of the doctor is relevant when judging this woman for her own actions. We aren't even talking about the doctor here, we don't care, HER choices were bad. they were bad before she had 8 kids, they were bad once she got pregnant, and they were bad after she had them. The woman is a freakin liar, she keeps getting caught doing it. She claims she loves her kids but then gets caught on tape saying she hates them and wishes shed never done it.
    Right because in order to not be mentally sound you MUST be clouded and drunk or high or just plain raving mad of course.

    Actually it is relevant that he put 12 instead of 6. It points to a doctor who had little care for his patients. He also did this to two other patients apparently. A doctor who is ready to pull such an unethical act isn't likely to care much about the mental state of his patient.

    The woman has issues, and instead of her being well dealt with properly she was practically disowned, her issues ignored by everything, including her own bloody doctor. Then everyone sits back and paints the picture of such a horrible woman when it's just a woman who never got the help she needed. People just lack all fucking compassion or any sliver of understanding.

  9. #289
    The child custody should take those children away.

    I am saying this without judging her or looking down upon her... without malice to the doctor or the mother or ANYONE. I am not even THINKING about the welfare system.

    There is no way she can take care of and afford all those kids. If she can't afford to take care of them, the children will grow up in subpar conditions, and that's not fair to ANY of them.

    Part of my thinks she should at least keep two, but I think making her choose would be even worse, so all the children should be take by child custody.

    And yes, it's a saddening thought, but it honestly is much better than the alternative...

  10. #290
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Komic View Post
    I say take the kids away and then sterilize the bitch. Afterwards she can go back to porn to make a living or starve to death.
    Exactly what is your problem? Sterelize and then say "starve to death"

    This is the shit I do not get. Clearly a woman with issues WHO NEEDS HELP, who never got help because her issues were ignored by family and her doctor. The hostility towards her by just total strangers, I do not understand.

  11. #291
    I just want to know when she is going to have the 15th.... Obviously she's trying to have her very own Rugby team...

  12. #292
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Also themius, as you have already quoted her wikii page im sure you read this part then.

    Before knowledge of the octuplets became public, Suleman had been living with her six older children and mother in a small three-bedroom house in Whittier, California. Property records show the Suleman house in mortgage default, scheduled to be sold at auction in May 2009.[63] Suleman's parents filed for bankruptcy in 2008, citing nearly $1 million in liabilities.[64] In March 2010 it was reported that Suleman's own La Habra house was facing foreclosure.[65]

    Suleman's father, Edward Doud Suleman,[66] identified himself as a former Iraqi military man and said he would be returning to his native Iraq as a translator and driver in order to financially support his daughter and her fourteen children.[67] Suleman's mother, Angela Victoria Suleman, a retired high school teacher, has helped to look after the first six children. She has indicated that she is overwhelmed looking after them, and has been critical of her daughter in her earlier public statements. Amongst similar interviews, she revealed that her daughter never expected to give birth to the large number of children, nor did she expect to be unemployed and use public assistance.


    She was living with 6 kids AT HER MOMS HOUSE that she was in the process of losing. So she decided to have more kids, it doesn't even matter how many, even one more was a fucking sin. Then she drains her family dry, to the point that her dad had to MOVE BACK TO IRAQ to support them. Wait a min,, wasn't something happening in Iraq around that time? Oh right there was a fucking WAR. Her dad had to go into a warzone to drive cab to support her ass, all because she 'really wanted a lot of kids'. Now... what can you offer to defend or in any way justify ANYTHING this chick has done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  13. #293
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Yeah you say shes mentally unstable but then in the same breath put the blame on the doctor. REALITY CHECK being mentally unstable does NOT absolve you of responsibility for your actions.

    SEPARATE the actions of octomom and the actions of the doctor. Both have their own judgments to face for their own choices and actions, one does not excuse or justify the other.
    The thing is... the doctor is suppose to pick up on the instability, explain to their patients, and decline to do anything because it would be UNETHICAL. That isn't what happened in this case. Not only did he put more than he should have at her request, he put EVEN MORE AND LIED ABOUT IT TO HER. His motives clearly weren't for his patient, if they were he probably wouldn't have done it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Also themius, as you have already quoted her wikii page im sure you read this part then.

    Before knowledge of the octuplets became public, Suleman had been living with her six older children and mother in a small three-bedroom house in Whittier, California. Property records show the Suleman house in mortgage default, scheduled to be sold at auction in May 2009.[63] Suleman's parents filed for bankruptcy in 2008, citing nearly $1 million in liabilities.[64] In March 2010 it was reported that Suleman's own La Habra house was facing foreclosure.[65]

    Suleman's father, Edward Doud Suleman,[66] identified himself as a former Iraqi military man and said he would be returning to his native Iraq as a translator and driver in order to financially support his daughter and her fourteen children.[67] Suleman's mother, Angela Victoria Suleman, a retired high school teacher, has helped to look after the first six children. She has indicated that she is overwhelmed looking after them, and has been critical of her daughter in her earlier public statements. Amongst similar interviews, she revealed that her daughter never expected to give birth to the large number of children, nor did she expect to be unemployed and use public assistance.


    She was living with 6 kids AT HER MOMS HOUSE that she was in the process of losing. So she decided to have more kids, it doesn't even matter how many, even one more was a fucking sin. Then she drains her family dry, to the point that her dad had to MOVE BACK TO IRAQ to support them. Wait a min,, wasn't something happening in Iraq around that time? Oh right there was a fucking WAR. Her dad had to go into a warzone to drive cab to support her ass, all because she 'really wanted a lot of kids'. Now... what can you offer to defend or in any way justify ANYTHING this chick has done.
    There is no point in talking to people who don't give a shit about psychology or the help it can do. Was she wrong...yes, is she mentally stable, no, does she need help? God yes. Instead she is being publically persecuted.

  14. #294
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is no point in talking to people who don't give a shit about psychology or the help it can do. Was she wrong...yes, is she mentally stable, no, does she need help? God yes. Instead she is being publically persecuted.
    She is also clearly not seeking help.

    So are you going to say now that she ought to be forcibly treated? Should she be arrested and put in an asylum until she can be cured? You've already ruled against taking any of the kids away from her so you clearly must not think shes all THAT disturbed, either that or you don't actually care anything about the welfare of the kids.

    You attacked taking the kids away by claiming that the whole foster/adoption system is so terrible. Then actual people who came through that system told you it wasn't true. So now your just hung up on the doctor.

    Look YOU started the thread off by asking why people are pissed at her, then you yourself got mad at those people when they answered the question and tried to move responsibility to anyone else you can. First it was all 'the doctor let her down' then i showed you shes been messed up forever and now your all 'everyone let her down'. What do you want? You want to make the entire world responsible for everyone else? Where do you draw the line? Why are we not allowed to be pissed at this woman for the things she has and continues to do?

    And yes, I called you a troll, because you don't seem to have a reason or a real message for this thread at all, other then a chance to argue a terrible position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  15. #295
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    She is also clearly not seeking help.

    So are you going to say now that she ought to be forcibly treated? Should she be arrested and put in an asylum until she can be cured? You've already ruled against taking any of the kids away from her so you clearly must not think shes all THAT disturbed, either that or you don't actually care anything about the welfare of the kids.

    You attacked taking the kids away by claiming that the whole foster/adoption system is so terrible. Then actual people who came through that system told you it wasn't true. So now your just hung up on the doctor.

    Look YOU started the thread off by asking why people are pissed at her, then you yourself got mad at those people when they answered the question and tried to move responsibility to anyone else you can. First it was all 'the doctor let her down' then i showed you shes been messed up forever and now your all 'everyone let her down'. What do you want? You want to make the entire world responsible for everyone else? Where do you draw the line? Why are we not allowed to be pissed at this woman for the things she has and continues to do?

    And yes, I called you a troll, because you don't seem to have a reason or a real message for this thread at all, other then a chance to argue a terrible position.
    The argument changed from fostering/adoption to the doctor which is why I am talking about the doctor?

    My main thing here is that people are too critical and don't actually give a shit about people, people have no compassion and if a person needs help, it's their own damn fault, to the point total strangers are okay with hating someone based off that. It's ridiculous.

    Her not seeking help, what if she doesn't think she has a problem? Her being disowned and none of her doctors stopping and aiding her with her clear mental stability issues HELPS NOTHING. Cured? That's an odd word to use. I also didn't say she should be arrested where are you getting that from?

    2 people mentioned it. I mentioned a story I know, there is another one. So pretty much 2 good ones 2 bad ones. I do not believe usurping 14 kids and sticking them in all different homes is beneficial and at the age they are, the likelihood of them being adopted isn't as high as it would have been if they were babies.

    I didn't say she doesn't take some responsibility, she does, but there is only but so much blame you put on an unstable person, you have to start questioning what about all the people around her?

  16. #296
    Themius I don't think you understand the fact that not all doctors are the same. I work in a mental health clinic and many mentally Ill are very good at masking their feelings to get what they want, in fact that is a major factor in borderline personality disorder. The doctor in question was a fertility doctor. Not even remotely the same. They are not trained to recognize all the warning signs that psychiatrist see, same as a psych provider would never write prescriptions or do any medical procedures for someone with a heart condition, neurological disorder, or urological problem.

    Point is they specialize for a reason and her being mentally unstable does not take the responsibility out of her hands any more than an alcoholic taking a drink of alcohol. In the end the choice is still your own and responsibility falls upon each individual person.

  17. #297
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrus View Post
    Themis I don't think you understand the fact that not all doctors are the same. I work in a mental health clinic and many mentally I'll are very good at masking their feelings to get what they want, in fact that is a major factor in borderline personality disorder. The doctor in question was a fertility doctor. Not even remotely the same. They are not trained to recognize all the warning signs that psychiatrist see, same as a psych provider would never write prescriptions or do any medical procedures for someone with a heart condition, neurological disorder, or urological problem.

    Point is they specialize for a reason and her being mentally unstable does not take the responsibility out of her hands any more than an alcoholic taking a drink of alcohol. In the end the choice is still your own and responsibility falls upon each individual person.
    That may be the case, but what I'm saying is that this woman clearly shouldn't have had the 6 she requested as it's above norm, she sure as hell didn't need 12 + her doctor lying to her about the number. The doctor didn't care that much, it seems, and he did this with multiple patients. An alcoholic is responsible for their drinks; however, the people around them should try to help, not disown them, at least if they care about them.

  18. #298
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    I found this interesting.

    "While the evidence did not establish (Kamrava) as a maverick or deviant physician, oblivious to standards of care in IVF practices, it certainly demonstrated that he did not exercise sound judgment in the transfer of 12 embryos to patient N.S. (Suleman)," the board wrote.

    That is from the medical board who revoked his license. So, despite your raving about him being this terrible deviant, the fact is that the guy was disposed to make poor choices. So yeah, he made a bad choice, but it isn't as if he found this chick and dragged her back to the clinic.

    This whole thing was a perfect storm, you had a super motivated manipulator asking for, and paying for, things she probably ought not have been asking for and a doctor who was clearly predisposed to take chances.

    One could turn your entire argument on its head and say that the doctor should have been confronted about his actions by the people around him, IFV clinics employ more then 1 person. Any of the other employees could have reported him if they thought it was important. But no, no one did that, so when octomom showed up he had no chance in hell, this woman manipulates her way to what she wants. She used him to get what other doctors would have said no too. In the end he lost his job and any chance of practicing in his life's career. Think about it, he worked his ass off to get there and this one person blew it for him.

    See what I did there?

    Or does it not count because she didn't have the white coat on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  19. #299
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    12
    I think what happen happened and at least she is TRYING to support her kids unlike some dead beat drug addict mothers. People make mistakes, we are all human. The fact that some of you are saying she should get her children taken away from her is very discomforting. I rather give my money to a lady who is trying to feed her family then one who just wants another hit. I do have to agree with the people saying she might not be all there in her head but regardless at least she is trying to work with the hand she was dealt.

    *edit: The mistake being having a 7th child after the 6th.
    Last edited by skybar; 2013-01-09 at 04:46 AM.

  20. #300
    Herald of the Titans Christan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Kids which came from the unethical practice of a doctor.
    even aside from the doctor, she had six.

    she went to him wanting more.

    even if she'd only had one new child, 6 is already to many for someone on welfare, deciding to have a 7th with an ethical doctor should of thrown her out of welfare.
    just because her unethical doctor put a load of eggs in her doesn't mean squat, she had already decided to have more when having recently been on welfare with just six.

    it is indeed mind boggling that people resort to pointing the finger at the doctor, who while unethical, the initial ethical crime came from the mother.


    if you and some friend decide to rob a bank (you being the mother, friend being the doctor.)
    and your friend knives the security guard dead(this being the part where the doctor is unethical and transplants more eggs) (i say knives because some countries don't have guns)
    you are to blame for the murder(8 extra kids) as well as the bank robbery(the decision to have extra kids), not just your friend for the murder(8 extra kids)

    she is in the blame for having the eight extra children, as well as the initial decision to have more.

    just the way i see it
    Quote Originally Posted by skybar View Post
    I think what happen happened and at least she is TRYING to support her kids unlike some dead beat drug addict mothers. People make mistakes, we are all human. The fact that some of you are saying she should get her children taken away from her is very discomforting. I rather give my money to a lady who is trying to feed her family then one who just wants another hit. I do have to agree with the people saying she might not be all there in her head but regardless at least she is trying to work with the hand she was dealt.
    she is trying, but her unethical practices should not be paid for by ethical taxpayers. if she'd left it at 6, then sure fine.

    people do make mistakes, if it was a legal issue she would be thrown in jail even if utterly ignorant of the law, her welfare should be taken away as such

    she should be able to keep her children if she can take care of them, though i think a legally enforced sterilization is in order.(i know it sounds bad but she is a criminal in my eyes, inmates don't get to decide how they spend their jail time, in some cases legally enforced chemical castration is already used)

    and she dealt her own hand when she decided to have even 1 more child when already having been on welfare with 6, even if her welfare had stopped for a while that is still a LOT of kids to take care of, for a single person to many to begin with, unless they are rich and can afford caretakers(how can you work enough to feed 6 children yourself and pay the higher water/electrical bills, and have enough time to raise your children properly)

    tldr: she dealt her own hand even deciding to have more and should be sterilized.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-01-09 at 04:52 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •