Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Why doesn't America just own up to the fact that kids in excess of X# makes for an un-viable "welfare leeching" house hold? With all the crap the rep party has done, why not go for broke and just say it? Heck, they might even win a few people back with that statement.

    I also wonder how differently people would feel if octomom naturally had 8 kids? Would Americans be crying fowl as much? Or would they just be playing the "sanctity of life" card too?

    I apologize for typos or poor grammer. I'm posting from my phone and my space bar thinks it's the period.
    I completely agree with you. The leeching of irresponsible parenting is sickening. I really with there was some way to enforce kid limits, but I fear it would just end up like China.

  2. #82
    Blademaster Drusil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I also wonder how differently people would feel if octomom naturally had 8 kids? Would Americans be crying fowl as much? Or would they just be playing the "sanctity of life" card too?
    To be honest I don't think anyone needs 8 kids, hell I don't think anyone needs more then two kids. (given that there's what... 7 billion people on the planet?) Honestly, what are you going to do with 8 kids? This isn't the 1800's where you need them to work on the farm and the survival rate isn't like 1 out of 3 anymore.

  3. #83
    My girlfriend had a good friend, who's cousin had her children taken away from her, and forcibly sterilized by the state because she couldn't take care of her children. The first child was taken away, so she went and had another. The second child was taken away, and so when she went for a third, the state decided to just stop her ability to do so. Really, think of the children. The system may not be the best... but instead theyre living in a cramped house, who knows what goes on inside it, with a mother who will do things like shoot porn. Adopted children are not always messed up children, you know.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I really don't like how much we spend on the military but atleast the does something for me. Giving handouts to raise these kids does nothing for anyone.
    Thats true it preserve your paranoid and xenophobic state of mind that most Americans live with every day, seeing ghosts everywhere.

    Reading these apathetic comments from you people really tells alot about of far you have drifted from what it means to be human

  5. #85
    High Overlord Furypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sweden. Just outside Stockholm
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Oh my gosh. Found a porn video with her masturbating in a bath. Its definitely the safest type of sex for her

    4k$ welfare for raising 14 children is really really low. 285$ per month per child for food, clothes, healthcare. Also electricity, water, heating and at least something to eat for herself.
    Damn youu i wanted to be the one to tell the world (mmo champ)
    Furypie Arms/Fury warrior armory

    World of logs parses

    http://www.youtube.com/user/akamikeb?feature=g-user-u akaMikeb awesomest youtube gamer/reviewer out there. (it is not me)

  6. #86
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    I've got the flu and am not going to type something long out. If people don't want to watch that to the end, then those people's opinions should also be disregarded as they don't want to accept the valid points he makes. I agree he is somewhat of an attention whore, but that's how he makes his living. That doesn't take away from the fact that all of his points in the video are valid. Instead of just dismissing him, why don't you refute a point of his? If you can't then your opinion is invalid as well.
    I cannot comment on him, because I cannot be bothered to watch such video. To me he's a random guy, which happens to be an attention whore, with some random opinion. And that isn't worth my time spending.... If I'd give anything about such sources, I could as well go ahead and accept Fox News, and MSNBC as valid again. They may have at times valid points, yet they are still biased and I discard em as a waste of time.

    I rather spend my time here, with others who may be of another opinion than I have, yet I will always respect the efforts they put in here, to express that opinion.
    They are not attention whores, just forum members who love to communicate with each other. Somehow we share that intention, even in our disagreements.

    Understand what I mean now?

  7. #87
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by GarranLB View Post
    My girlfriend had a good friend, who's cousin had her children taken away from her, and forcibly sterilized by the state because she couldn't take care of her children. The first child was taken away, so she went and had another. The second child was taken away, and so when she went for a third, the state decided to just stop her ability to do so. Really, think of the children. The system may not be the best... but instead theyre living in a cramped house, who knows what goes on inside it, with a mother who will do things like shoot porn. Adopted children are not always messed up children, you know.
    America is barbaric at times. Forcing sterilization for a woman who has kids instead of putting her into a center for mental health is just archaic.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Helps the kids? Obviously. I mean do you have an issue with them having dental and health care too?
    The right thing to do was to remove these kids from her care soon after she gave birth. She is not financially, emotionally or psychologically fit to care for all these children. It best for both her and her kids that these kids be adopted by other loving families then to grow up in their current environment with a mother who cant afford to care for them.

  9. #89
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    90
    Stop blaming the doctor! She was on welfare with 6 kids. She should not have CHOSEN to have more. End of story.
    Stop looking for anyone else but her to blame.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    America is barbaric at times. Forcing sterilization for a woman who has kids instead of putting her into a center for mental health is just archaic.
    Wait. You say she should be in a mental health clinic, but she is a fit mother?

  10. #90
    You don't think she should get welfare,

    which means you don't think her children need to eat, or need to go to the doctors, or need to go to the dentist.
    I don't think she should be on welfare because she already had 6 kids, and was having a difficult time paying for THEM, and decided to go and have MORE, knowing she couldn't take care of them. THEN, she decided to keep all 8 new babies instead of adopt them out (or have an abortion if she believes in that) and now the American people are forced to shell out thousands of dollars a month to subsidize her baby making.....

    What skill does she have, professional/ technical I mean, not sexual (though if that’s how she wanted to make money, whatever…as long as she’s making the money to pay so I don’t have to) to make the $100k+ a year to pay for all of her children? I’ll guarantee you that she doesn’t possess one. She wouldn’t be having financial problems if she did. Which means this “temporary” welfare bit is garbage, she’s going to be on it a while. However, I will venture and say that it’s possible that she gets a lucky break on a book/ movie deal or something similar. Stranger shit has happened.

    Bottom Line for me though;
    I've got nothing against her or her children. The system itself is the problem. What I have an issue with is the fact that this kind of thing sends a message to young, stupid and/or poor people (I am not calling young or poor people stupid, I’m generalizing the kinds of populations that could be taken in by this kind of message) that what they can do to get more money from the government is just have more babies which will result in even more money having to be pulled from the average tax payer. Which allows the cycle to continue and then we have areas of the country that are flooded with welfare babies and become poverty ridden.

    Poverty stricken areas lead to higher crime rates and lower standards of education. Not because the people aren’t intelligent, but mostly because the schools in those areas don’t receive much money and therefore have little or no supplies to support the education of their students. Also, most of the parents are so busy trying to find work or doing other things that they can’t or won’t help their children with their homework (and some simply don’t care or can’t help because they themselves didn’t receive an education) which leads to bad grades and, in a lot of situations, a new generation of the same kind of people that caused this problem in the first place, like Octomom….

  11. #91
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Which is why the state should take custody. It's clear she is not of the right mind.

    She kept on having kids when she could not afford it, we should not give people more money when they decide to have kids when they cannot afford it. That's the basis for all these anti-welfare arguments.

    PS: If this whole doctor thing was to blame, where's the giant lawsuit?
    This. /thread.

    If you can't afford to provide for your own children and then expect others to do so; then you should lose custody of them.

    The welfare system is meant as a temporary social safety net. i.e. a parent loses their job and needs a hand-up while they look for another one.

    Not for

    "I've dug myself into a bullshit hole so deep I will require tax payer funding for a decade, or else my kids will starve" <-- that's fucking child abuse.

  12. #92
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Stop blaming the doctor! She was on welfare with 6 kids. She should not have CHOSEN to have more. End of story.
    Stop looking for anyone else but her to blame.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:33 AM ----------


    Wait. You say she should be in a mental health clinic, but she is a fit mother?
    I was talking about

    My girlfriend had a good friend, who's cousin had her children taken away from her, and forcibly sterilized by the state because she couldn't take care of her children.
    The doctor is to blame...

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    This. /thread.

    If you can't afford to provide for your own children and then expect others to do so; then you should lose custody of them.

    The welfare system is meant as a temporary social safety net. i.e. a parent loses their job and needs a hand-up while they look for another one.

    Not for

    "I've dug myself into a bullshit hole so deep I will require tax payer funding for a decade, or else my kids will starve" <-- that's fucking child abuse.
    Well she's been on and off it

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well she's been on and off it
    Which pretty much proves that she is incapable of providing for her children.

    EDIT: I mean she was only 'off' of it while she had some contract for some shitty exploitative reality tv show. I don't, and no regular human being should realize the circumstances by which she was 'off' as being legitimate.

  14. #94
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I really don't like how much we spend on the military but atleast the does something for me. Giving handouts to raise these kids does nothing for anyone.
    Hey, sarcastically seen... You are a bit wrong here...
    The BIG Problem with the Social Security system in the USA, and every other country who has a similar, or adopted system in place is due to the fact of the decline of birth rates. These systems lived off the basis that more people paying into it, than there are people who take out of it. Despite the highly unstable times world wide, the western world hasn't faced another large war in quite some time. WW2 is almost 68 years in the past. Means, there are no casualties through these means.
    People don't die so soon anymore either. So more and more people become eligible to tap into that fund, and even longer than ever before.
    The only way to sustain it would be an increase of birth. A significant increase even.
    More children results into more workers, results into more tax payers, results into replenishment of Social security...
    Sarcastically speaking now.... Don't forget that.... But the mechanics are actually the reality.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-08 at 04:43 PM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    America is barbaric at times. Forcing sterilization for a woman who has kids instead of putting her into a center for mental health is just archaic.
    Most of the lady in question's family thought that was the right course of action, as well. The mother (who, if memory serves, had the emotional and mental cognitive skills of someone around the age of 12 - she was handicapped in that respect) couldn't understand that her children were being taken away because she herself couldn't take care of them, so she'd replace the child like a child would replace their dolly. So, someone had to intervene and make her stop having more children that she couldn't take care of.

    As horrible of an analogy as it is... It's like spaying a dog, or a cat. It's their biological imperative to breed, even though there's an overpopulation crisis going on with animals. So, as their caretaker, you have to stop them from having more.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by GarranLB; 2013-01-08 at 04:45 PM.

  16. #96
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by GarranLB View Post
    Most of the lady in question's family thought that was the right course of action, as well. The mother (who, if memory serves, had the emotional and mental cognitive skills of someone around the age of 12 - she was handicapped in that respect) couldn't understand that her children were being taken away because she herself couldn't take care of them, so she'd replace the child like a child would replace their dolly. So, someone had to intervene and make her stop having more children that she couldn't take care of.

    As horrible of an analogy as it is... It's like spaying a dog, or a cat. It's their biological imperative to breed, even though there's an overpopulation crisis going on with animals. So, as their caretaker, you have to stop them from having more.[COLOR="red"]
    That is more understandable. America though at one point did have a ridiculous history with sterilizing poor women, mostly black and poor whites.

  17. #97
    If people are so offended that mothers are on welfare, they should stop harping on abortion and how "evil" it is.

    Last edited by Purlina; 2013-01-08 at 04:49 PM.

  18. #98
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is with people? She shouldn't be eligible for welfare. The idea of rewarding people for abusing their reproductive capibility is mind blowing.
    What's the alternative? Take the kids away from her? At the end of the day, the financial support is there to ensure the children are okay. It's ultimately not their fault they are in this situation. It's the mother's.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That is more understandable. America though at one point did have a ridiculous history with sterilizing poor women, mostly black and poor whites.
    That is sadly true, and it was shamefully pretty common until pretty recently, in some areas of the country. And really, that's part of the problem of making things like these laws, instead of as a case by case basis and everything. Not every female in any situation like the one I described should be treated the same.... But I dont think it was necessarily the wrong decision, in that one circumstance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    If people are so offended that mothers are on welfare, they should stop harping on abortion and how "evil" it is.

    Indeed. As Anne Hathaway (surely more elegantly) put it - you cannot be prolife, if you are not pro-QUALITY-of-life, for these children. But that is a whole separate issue.

  20. #100
    It doesnt matter if we pay for additional welfare, pay for her abortions or take the children away. In every case, she is being rewarded for getting pregnant. There is no disincentive for not getting pregnant.

    What we have in this country is a severe lack of responsibility across all issues and demographics. What government has become is a safety net program for those who fail to take responsibility and the bigger we make this net the more who are willingly going to get "caught" in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •