Page 1 of 22
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768

    Welfare and Octomom

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...celebrity&ncid

    the comments really got me thinking. What the fuck is it with people? Because she gets something like $4,000 people are saying "see this is why there needs to be a welfare overhaul!"

    She was on welfare, got off welfare, but as raising 14 kids is quite expensive, got back on it as she doesn't make enough money.

  2. #2
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,871
    It's because she had 8 kids when she already had 6 and she was a single mother. Pretty much anyone should discern that unless you're independently wealthy, it's not going to happen financially.

    It's basically a case of somebody's blatantly reckless actions costing taxpayers a sizable bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  3. #3
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's because she had 8 kids when she already had 6 and she was a single mother. Pretty much anyone should discern that unless you're independently wealthy, it's not going to happen financially.

    It's basically a case of somebody's blatantly reckless actions costing taxpayers a sizable bill.
    She didn't plan to have that many kids though. Remember, the doctor who did it had his license revoked because he told her he put x amount of eggs, but instead put way more than he should have and it was found unethical.

  4. #4
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    She didn't plan to have that many kids though. Remember, the doctor who did it had his license revoked because he told her he put x amount of eggs, but instead put way more than he should have and it was found unethical.
    Well, even having any more kids when you have six and you're single isn't a very smart decision in my opinion. I think she has some sort of mental issue, but that's just my layman's opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  5. #5
    What is with people? She shouldn't be eligible for welfare. The idea of rewarding people for abusing their reproductive capibility is mind blowing. Personally? This woman should be steralized and the kids she can't provide for taken away and put into state care.

    She cannot possibly raise 14 kids, it's impossible for one person to do and she doesn't have money to pay for additional care takers.

  6. #6
    Blademaster Drusil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Well, even having any more kids when you have six and you're single isn't a very smart decision in my opinion. I think she has some sort of mental issue, but that's just my layman's opinion.
    I have to agree. What sane person, who already has -6- kids mind you, decides to have more. When they clearly can't afford it.

  7. #7
    It should be "One and Done" if you're using welfare. Have more and we rip your uterus out, or take a cleaver to your testicles.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk SourceOfInfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The motherfuckin' internet.
    Posts
    1,957
    The fact that people can keep popping out worthless copies of themselves which they can't take care of without other people needing the foot the bill is annoying.
    I've seen what's over the mountain, and you don't have anything to be dancing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well fuck if you all want some sources here's some websites. I haven't read them so fuck you if you blame me for bad info.

  9. #9
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is with people? She shouldn't be eligible for welfare. The idea of rewarding people for abusing their reproductive capibility is mind blowing. Personally? This woman should be steralized and the kids she can't provide for taken away and put into state care.

    She cannot possibly raise 14 kids, it's impossible for one person to do and she doesn't have money to pay for additional care takers.
    This reply really throws me off. She shouldn't be eligible for welfare because she has too many kids? Kids which came from the unethical practice of a doctor. She's not abusing the system and she's not abusing her reproductivity, THE DOCTOR who decided to put an unethical amount of eggs in her AND NOT INFORM HER. Is the one who is in the wrong, which is why his license was revoked.

    You want to sterilize her and take away the kids she can't care for properly and stick them in a home where they are likely to do far worse than they are now? Seems like a dumb idea. You don't take kids out of a home when they're that old and stick them in a home, they will stay here likely until they are 18 since people don't usually adopt older kids.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    It should be "One and Done" if you're using welfare. Have more and we rip your uterus out, or take a cleaver to your testicles.
    She wasn't on welfare though when she had the kids, it wasn't until she couldn't afford taking care of the bill, which is high, for the kids, that she got on government assistance, which she has gotten off, and then back on when the money dries up.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,024
    Enlighten me how she's out of money already? Wasn't she paid ridiculously for the porn film she did? And no I did not read the article.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This reply really throws me off. She shouldn't be eligible for welfare because she has too many kids? Kids which came from the unethical practice of a doctor. She's not abusing the system and she's not abusing her reproductivity, THE DOCTOR who decided to put an unethical amount of eggs in her AND NOT INFORM HER. Is the one who is in the wrong, which is why his license was revoked.

    You want to sterilize her and take away the kids she can't care for properly and stick them in a home where they are likely to do far worse than they are now? Seems like a dumb idea. You don't take kids out of a home when they're that old and stick them in a home, they will stay here likely until they are 18 since people don't usually adopt older kids.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:28 AM ----------



    She wasn't on welfare though when she had the kids, it wasn't until she couldn't afford taking care of the bill, which is high, for the kids, that she got on government assistance, which she has gotten off, and then back on when the money dries up.
    She had 6 kids when she had that treatment. Ethical or unethical she choose to get the treatment and then choose to keep all the eggs that took. These were her decisions blaming a doctor for her insanity isn't going to fly in my world.

  12. #12
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Enlighten me how she's out of money already? Wasn't she paid ridiculously for the porn film she did? And no I did not read the article.
    Well her nude pictures made her $8,000, keep in mind her monthly bills are something like 14k+ and since we live in a country of no health care or no dental she has to pay for healthcare and dental for her kids which is crazy expensive just for 3 kids let alone 14. It's in the article. She's getting I believe something around $35k a year, but more than that, she is getting the health and dental coverage. For the porn I think it was a rather low number as well.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This reply really throws me off. She shouldn't be eligible for welfare because she has too many kids? Kids which came from the unethical practice of a doctor. She's not abusing the system and she's not abusing her reproductivity, THE DOCTOR who decided to put an unethical amount of eggs in her AND NOT INFORM HER. Is the one who is in the wrong, which is why his license was revoked.

    You want to sterilize her and take away the kids she can't care for properly and stick them in a home where they are likely to do far worse than they are now? Seems like a dumb idea. You don't take kids out of a home when they're that old and stick them in a home, they will stay here likely until they are 18 since people don't usually adopt older kids.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:28 AM ----------



    She wasn't on welfare though when she had the kids, it wasn't until she couldn't afford taking care of the bill, which is high, for the kids, that she got on government assistance, which she has gotten off, and then back on when the money dries up.
    6 kids before welfare, sucking her family dry of cash. I don't see why you should be allowed to be taking money of others for your poor decision making to go for a 7th+ child anyway.

  14. #14
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    She had 6 kids when she had that treatment. Ethical or unethical she choose to get the treatment and then choose to keep all the eggs that took. These were her decisions blaming a doctor for her insanity isn't going to fly in my world.
    Your personal world doesn't matter though... I don't live in it? She wanted 2 kids or something like that. She doesn't believe in abortion and when she got the treatment (Which she calls a mistake) she wasn't in the right state of mind.

  15. #15
    Yay! she's in the news again, and she can get more cash for doing nothing at all. In the meanwhile, the rest of the world actually has to work for their money. So no, I don't pity her at all, nor does she deserve any welfare.

  16. #16
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Yay! she's in the news again, and she can get more cash for doing nothing at all. In the meanwhile, the rest of the world actually has to work for their money. So no, I don't pity her at all, nor does she deserve any welfare.
    So let's get this straight.

    Her bills are in excess of 100k a year

    You don't think she should get welfare,

    which means you don't think her children need to eat, or need to go to the doctors, or need to go to the dentist.

    A regular job isn't going to cut it to pay for her bills lol. Not at this point.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well her nude pictures made her $8,000, keep in mind her monthly bills are something like 14k+ and since we live in a country of no health care or no dental she has to pay for healthcare and dental for her kids which is crazy expensive just for 3 kids let alone 14. It's in the article. She's getting I believe something around $35k a year, but more than that, she is getting the health and dental coverage. For the porn I think it was a rather low number as well.
    Well that certainly wasn't the best decision she's made then. I recall reading she wouldn't do it for less than $100,000 or something. Maybe she gave in?

  18. #18
    The Insane Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    19,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    which means you don't think her children need to eat, or need to go to the doctors, or need to go to the dentist.

    A regular job isn't going to cut it to pay for her bills lol. Not at this point.
    Which is why the state should take custody. It's clear she is not of the right mind.

    She kept on having kids when she could not afford it, we should not give people more money when they decide to have kids when they cannot afford it. That's the basis for all these anti-welfare arguments.

    PS: If this whole doctor thing was to blame, where's the giant lawsuit?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...celebrity&ncid

    the comments really got me thinking. What the fuck is it with people? Because she gets something like $4,000 people are saying "see this is why there needs to be a welfare overhaul!"

    She was on welfare, got off welfare, but as raising 14 kids is quite expensive, got back on it as she doesn't make enough money.
    Yeah. Moral of the story here is don't have kids until you're financially stable enough to support them and yourself.

  20. #20
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Well that certainly wasn't the best decision she's made then. I recall reading she wouldn't do it for less than $100,000 or something. Maybe she gave in?
    I think she did an interview and it turned out she got paid $25,000 and she said she had to do it because she didn't have the money and she was desperate.

    The picture I get of her is a woman who made the mistake of having too many kids, who then got shafted with an unethical doctor who lied to her about the number of embryos he implanted, and now a woman who can barely make ends meets who is in the public eye to make money and at the same time suffers from public opinion of a moocher. I think more about that side of this story and plus the children. Taking them and shoving them into a system which honestly isn't the best, is not going to make anything better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •