Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So sterilizing poor women just because they are poor isn't barbaric?
    No it's not, It's forced common sense for those who otherwise F'ing lack it.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    wouldnt a cap make more sense than cutting off completely?
    Yes it would.

I'm just sleepy as fuck right now and pissed that waste like the aforementioned continue to breed and milk the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I guess that's all the republicans truly believe? Paying as little in tax as possible...

I knew pro-life was a joke all along!
    So you like paying taxes? Just an FYI that i'm sure you already knew...you can pay more if you want. If you don't mind, please let me know how much additional you will be donating to the tax man this year - a percentage of income will suffice. If you need to cut frivolous personal items from your budget in order to make this happen, by all means proceed.

I'm not sure if i understand your silly pro-life statement. Are you claiming that anyone against a "fuck all you want, we'll pay more" policy is pro-abortion? Are those the only options? Or, is it possible that in the real world, that someone can be pro-life and also want people to be responsible for their own actions? I would personally love the trade off to be - You pop one out on welfare / medicaid / etc., then we tie the tubes up while we have you on the table. Please sign here to proceed.

Regardless of where you stand on the pro-abortion / pro-life issue, pretending that the current entitlement system does not need to be addressed is the act of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    It's pretty hard to control. Going to remove all the kids that is breeded "illegal"? Every mishap too? It's a suggestion that would require so much control, and even then wouldn't work out :P
    It'd work just fine. To make it even juicier, make people pay child support for their removed kids, though be nice enough to give them the opportunity to "earn" them back, if they ever pay back their debt to society. If we keep rewarding people for being a burden on society instead of punishing them, people will keep becoming more burdensome.

you liberals make fun of us conservatives about being old fashion
    but there was a reason for waiting to have sex till after you was married. it wasn't always because of religious beliefs it was because a women needed to make sure a kid would be able to be fed before you have them. this is why back in the day a man needed to be a land owner and or have a good paying job before a women would conceder marrying him

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes it would.

I'm just sleepy as fuck right now and pissed that waste like the aforementioned continue to breed and milk the taxpayers.
    you must be irritated, lol. the "cut her ass off!" doesnt sound much like the normal you
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    So you like paying taxes? Just an FYI that i'm sure you already knew...you can pay more if you want. If you don't mind, please let me know how much additional you will be donating to the tax man this year - a percentage of income will suffice. If you need to cut frivolous personal items from your budget in order to make this happen, by all means proceed.

I'm not sure if i understand your silly pro-life statement. Are you claiming that anyone against a "fuck all you want, we'll pay more" policy is pro-abortion? Are those the only options? Or, is it possible that in the real world, that someone can be pro-life and also want people to be responsible for their own actions? I would personally love the trade off to be - You pop one out on welfare / medicaid / etc., then we tie the tubes up while we have you on the table. Please sign here to proceed.

Regardless of where you stand on the pro-abortion / pro-life issue, pretending that the current entitlement system does not need to be addressed is the act of a fool.

No, you misunderstood my argument.

You can't be pro-life and support FORCED abortions.

It just doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    14 kids was the norm back before contraception was available for most people
    To be fair, people with 14 kids had farms, and any kid 7 and older was harvesting crops or herding sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I know the Internet and I know that the Internet is against the idea of her getting welfare. No one stops to think of the kids who asked for none of this. Those kids deserve the welfare money. And let's say she loses the kids, the state still has to pay for them and they get to grow up in foster care and group homes. Yeah, that will do them a tiny of good...

As long as the money is being spent on creating a stable home for the family, I don't get care if she gets welfare. I'm concerned about the kids and whether they are being supported. And there is no chance in he'll that she can support them on their own.
    I disagree these kids deserved not to be put in the situation in the first place, it is a disgrace that we as a society did not prevent these poor little shits from even being born.

Abortions would of been mercy killing in their case, but the best we can do now is take these children away from their mother and place them in foster care so they can experience a hole new type of suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you must be irritated, lol. the "cut her ass off!" doesnt sound much like the normal you
    I am cranky, I'll admit it. I have been suffering from a chronic sleep shortage and Horde ineptitude in my BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    It's pretty hard to control. Going to remove all the kids that is breeded "illegal"? Every mishap too? It's a suggestion that would require so much control, and even then wouldn't work out :P

It is easy to control if you have a kid and you are not responceable enough to properly raise that kid then that kid is placed with some one that is
    If you cant afford to make the payments on your car it is taken away if you commit a crime you lose your right own a gun

It's not her right, and furthermore the doctor should never do anything like that HENCE THE ETHIC ISSUE. If a patient goes to a doctor and says "cut off my arms, I don't want them" and is mentally unsound, do we say "well it's clearly the patients fault."
    I believe the answer to that should be yes, but mostly because I also believe that a doctor should legally be aloud to help with assisted suicide at the patients requests weather or not they have been declared mentally incapable because at the end of the day what a person does to their body should be their choice/responsibility to bare alone

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    No, you misunderstood my argument.

You can't be pro-life and support FORCED abortions.
    Fair enough. Personally, the idea of the government forcing people to do just about anything does not sit well with me.

Exactly what is your problem? Sterelize and then say "starve to death"

This is the shit I do not get. Clearly a woman with issues WHO NEEDS HELP, who never got help because her issues were ignored by family and her doctor. The hostility towards her by just total strangers, I do not understand.
    How does she need help, A mental illness did not cause her to want these kids, she is an attention whore who is using her children as cashcows and it was her intent to do so from day 1.

I feel that there needs to be very tight restrictions on what welfare money could be spent own. it should only be allowed to be spent on things that directly benefit the kid like rent, utilities, clothing for the kid, school supplies and so on
    to may times welfare money is spent on things that only benefit the parent

I don't mind helping a poor kid out because he or she was brought into this world of no fault of their own but i will be dammed if what i give goes towards the parent benefit and only their benefit because there irresponsible decision and actions

Fair enough. Personally, the idea of the government forcing people to do just about anything does not sit well with me.
    As someone who normally feels the same way, I feel that forcing people to do things that are leeching productivity from society is more of say, a government contract. When the government buys a new weapon system, it doesn't just give the weapons developer money- they have to do something for it and often enter some binding agreements with the feds. Why not treat welfare as a contract, and force people who enter into it to abide by some rules.

The argument changed from fostering/adoption to the doctor which is why I am talking about the doctor?

My main thing here is that people are too critical and don't actually give a shit about people, people have no compassion and if a person needs help, it's their own damn fault, to the point total strangers are okay with hating someone based off that. It's ridiculous.

Her not seeking help, what if she doesn't think she has a problem? Her being disowned and none of her doctors stopping and aiding her with her clear mental stability issues HELPS NOTHING. Cured? That's an odd word to use. I also didn't say she should be arrested where are you getting that from?

2 people mentioned it. I mentioned a story I know, there is another one. So pretty much 2 good ones 2 bad ones. I do not believe usurping 14 kids and sticking them in all different homes is beneficial and at the age they are, the likelihood of them being adopted isn't as high as it would have been if they were babies.

I didn't say she doesn't take some responsibility, she does, but there is only but so much blame you put on an unstable person, you have to start questioning what about all the people around her?
    Easy if she doesn't believe she has a problem her support system should be withdrawn until she pulls her head out of her ass and starts making some responsible choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely random question but related to the welfare issue: in the US, can illegal immigrants obtain any sort of benefit/aid from such services?

15+ Year Old Account
    she made the decision to have more kids when she couldn't afford the ones she already had. welfare should cut her off.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    As someone who normally feels the same way, I feel that forcing people to do things that are leeching productivity from society is more of say, a government contract. When the government buys a new weapon system, it doesn't just give the weapons developer money- they have to do something for it and often enter some binding agreements with the feds. Why not treat welfare as a contract, and force people who enter into it to abide by some rules.

You can legally cut off someones welfare, but you can not legally force a person to get an abortion.