Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation I dont do dailies at all - What am I losing?

    I mean, I am all the time arenaing, leveling profession, BGing or leveling alt.
    All my money comes from all sources but daily and I am pretty rich actually.

    How much of the game am I losing? I simply cant stand doing daily.

    and I do RF and LFD actually, every now and then.

    But.. I am a rogue.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Not really much other then coins which give you a chance for additional gear in addition to some parts of the storyline which obviously you can see via youtube. However rep unlocks ''VP'' gear other then that nothing really.

  3. #3
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    There's no point in doing dailies if you don't intend to raid normal modes anyway.

    Coins can be obtained from pet battles in 5.2

  4. #4
    You are losing out on that action of doing dailies You are also losing out on any rep rewards that require dailies (you can look those up). Basically, you are losing out on about 1% of the game.

  5. #5
    Nothing.

    The turmoil comes from people with a disillusioned view of how MMO gear progression should be. They think that they should be valor capped on tuesday of every week, that it should only take 2 hours of faceroll heroics, and that the valor should automatically be able to buy any item without having to build rep or anything that shows you have earned it.

    In short, they want free purples.

  6. #6
    Some story only I guess. And achievements .
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

  7. #7
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    I mean, I am all the time arenaing, leveling profession, BGing or leveling alt.
    All my money comes from all sources but daily and I am pretty rich actually.

    How much of the game am I losing? I simply cant stand doing daily.

    and I do RF and LFD actually, every now and then.
    You lose some vanity items like mounts and VP items of ilv 483-496. Transmog weapons from Klaxxi, Tabbards and also the commendations that double the rep gain.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,023
    The Lorewalkers is fun, the rest is a brai-dead farm. You lose fast tokens and reputation. Nothing else! So it's good that you chose to do them or not.

  9. #9
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There's no point in doing dailies if you don't intend to raid normal modes anyway.
    Maybe I like mounts? Maybe I am a JC and want the panther recipes. Maybe I am tailor and want the 28 slot bag recipe.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  10. #10
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,432
    Given the type of content you are doing, you aren't losing out on anything, since you don't need the high item level gear for anything.

    I would give the shieldwall dailies a shot if I were you. Yeah the dailies themselves are nothing special, but the story quests you unlock during the rep farm are quite nicely done.

    Well If you're even into the story. If not: just forget about them.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    I mean, I am all the time arenaing, leveling profession, BGing or leveling alt.
    All my money comes from all sources but daily and I am pretty rich actually.

    How much of the game am I losing? I simply cant stand doing daily.

    and I do RF and LFD actually, every now and then.
    I actually kind of have fun with dailies. There relaxing throw on some music get dat boomboomrep(andcoins!) kill a few horde = fun.

  12. #12
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe I like mounts? Maybe I am a JC and want the panther recipes. Maybe I am tailor and want the 28 slot bag recipe.
    There's many sources of mounts in the game. For the JC mounts you don't need to do any dailies, all you need to do is collect serpent eggs.
    Celestials dailies are fast anyway if you only do the Red Crane and White Tiger ones. Avoid the Jade Temple and Niuzao ones, as they take ages to complete.

  13. #13
    If you're interested in the story, getting rep from factions and achievements, I'd say you're losing a lot, but don't feel compelled to do something you don't want, assuming you don't want lore, rep, etc.

    No point in doing things you don't like, especially on a game you like to play.

  14. #14
    Exalted factions for the beloved title
    Mounts for the 150 mount achieve
    Epics, valor points, coins

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I actually kind of have fun with dailies. There relaxing throw on some music get dat boomboomrep(andcoins!) kill a few horde = fun.
    Even as a PvPer myself, I been really stressed by doing golden lotus dailies on my server lately and decided to quit dailies entirely. Once there, I could count more alliance players around than quest mob itself, and I am on PvP server. Hordes dont do party to quest, they do it by themselves, and when they cant, they dont.

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Even as a PvPer myself, I been really stressed by doing golden lotus dailies on my server lately and decided to quit dailies entirely. Once there, I could count more alliance players around than quest mob itself, and I am on PvP server. Hordes dont do party to quest, they do it by themselves, and when they cant, they dont.
    Golden lotus is literally the most horrible thing ever in this entire game after that It's actually not too bad.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I actually kind of have fun with dailies. There relaxing throw on some music get dat boomboomrep(andcoins!) kill a few horde = fun.
    That's my style of daily completion, although usually I watch a TV show/movie. I think many people that are complaining about dailies aren't used to grinding and so they don't how to do it properly.

  18. #18
    the only thing your missing out on when not doing dailies is the new story line added in 5.1 revolving around the horde and alliance in pandaria.

    beside that not much, except some gear you dnt really need and some mounts.

  19. #19
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Golden lotus is literally the most horrible thing ever in this entire game after that It's actually not too bad.
    Baradin is far worse, Molten Front second worst. I need the 36 slot gem bag recipe on a char, but just can't be bothered to grind MF for 8 weeks.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Baradin is far worse, Molten Front second worst. I need the 36 slot gem bag recipe on a char, but just can't be bothered to grind MF for 8 weeks.
    Oh yeah I forgot about Molten front hahaha but I enjoyed it simply because it was literally fields of death since I was in a PVP server as a ROGUE; so you can see why I would enjoy it :P as for the Baradon thing yeah it was as bad so I'll agree on that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •