Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

CRZ Auction House & Auction House Posting Limits (100 Items)

What would be your reaction to blizzard finally making all Auction houses regional based on what battlegroup you are in? Also do you think it would be a good idea for them to create posting limits of 100 items you can post at any given time on that Battlegroup AH?

1) I think the idea of having a CRZ AH for the battlegroup you are a part of would be a brilliant move by Blizzard. It would equalize prices, create a better economy, and give servers with low populations access to more in the AH.

2) I think limiting posts that one could make in the AH would do a few things:

-First it would make prices fluxuate in a positive direction because people would be more conscience of what they post and how much of what they post.

-Second you would have less of the single stack mats being posted and more large stacks posted to save on posting limits for the one posting the auction.

I think these two reasons are both positive and it would stimulate more economic movement within the battlegroup.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Small servers would get crushed.
    Large servers would see a huge decrease in prices.

After a week or 2, prices would become balanced but it would still be baised around the large servers (more players to create a demand, more players to farm)

I would love it because i have a large amount of transmog items that could go for 10k+ but on my server i'll be lucky to see 200G

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

One of the biggest reasons I quit was because I loved playing the AH. Trollbane-EU died so much that literally 50-75% of daily auctions were my own so I gave up and got bored fast.

I'd love to see the neutral AH's replaced by CRZ AH's. The added gold cut would be a great gold sink if these were used once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'd love to see the neutral AH's replaced by CRZ AH's. The added gold cut would be a great gold sink if these were used once again.
    People use the Neutral AH all the time. I know because I regularly snipe great deals off the Neutral AH that would otherwise go for astronomical amounts.

I got a sandstone drake for 1 copper, and a crap ton of other mats and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    People use the Neutral AH all the time. I know because I regularly snipe great deals off the Neutral AH that would otherwise go for astronomical amounts.

-.-

That's not a deal, that's someone trying to transfer items across and you were lucky enough to catch them, there's a huge difference. Now look at how many items are posted there in the hope they sell... very few, due to smaller audience and larger AH cut. There's never more than 30 odd items on mine.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    A limit of 10 auctions work nicely in Diablo 3, and I see no reason why limit should be higher in WoW..
    100 is way too high, and the current "unlimited" has been a thorn in my eye for many years...

Trade goods shoul ofc be done in a similar fashion as D3.. Selling 20.000 Ghost Iron ore, would still be ONE auction, but sold in small portions...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-01-08 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I would call this, undercut central.

I couldn't imagine literally 100,000 people actually bidding against each other..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

I couldn't imagine literally 100,000 people actually bidding against each other..
    Also this, when I post auctions I'm one of those assholes who has about 1500+ and I'm on a low pop server. Would be a nightmare for everyone.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Undercurting = competition, and it favors the buyers, which is ALWAYS better that inflated prices, that only benifit the seller.

So you kinda stole things from people trying to transfer to another one of their characters on the opposite faction? That's not something you in particular, with your already tarnished reputation, should admit to.

On topic though; I think it would be a half decent idea for larger servers but it would destroy lower population server economy. It's not that good an idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to make the posting limit 100 per account, cause I can guarentee you that most people that actively play the AH would simply use all 11 chars to start posting their stuff. If you DID limit it to 100 auctions you'd severely hurt people who's chosen market is Inscription or Jewelcrafting, cause those markets deal in 1 item per stack, and loads of different sorts. Anyone serious in those markets would in your idea have to cut it down to only listing the 100 most profitable items they have, usually then also posting a few of those at the same time, further cutting down on diversity.

In short it'd be a disaster for the people that are actually interested in supplying people with the goods they want. Normal players don't go out of their way to keep a certain glyph or gem stocked and keep it on the AH at all times for that 1 person that needs them at 4 a.m. on a Sunday. Stuff like that would be the first thing people stop doing, meaning you'd create a market that has severe limits.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would bring balance and settled prices. However, from a sellers point of view, I'd like to see how that would turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    So you kinda stole things from people trying to transfer to another one of their characters on the opposite faction? That's not something you in particular, with your already tarnished reputation, should admit to.

On topic though; I think it would be a half decent idea for larger servers but it would destroy lower population server economy. It's not that good an idea.
    I didn't know using the AH, an in game feature is considered stealing now days. I simply bought out an auction that was a great deal. Is there anything wrong with using the game features as intended?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I didn't know using the AH, an in game feature is considered stealing now days. I simply bought out an auction that was a great deal. Is there anything wrong with using the game features as intended?

It's not, you were totally in the okay. Some people may say its shady, but if they wanted those items over on the other side so badly they could have paid for a faction change of a toon with those items. Its the risk they take.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Small server economies tend to be way overpriced in relation to larger servers. Those predicting the destruction of small-server economies probably have some skin in that game and people should take that into consideration when thinking about the idea.

For the rest, lower prices on mats, etc. would be a blessing. Reducing the chances of someone taking over an entire market for mats won't be a bad thing except for those that work to do this.

I'm all for the idea of combining some Auction Houses. I'm much less in favor of limiting the number of auctions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Its not just shady, it's an asshole thing to do and you know it. You already have a shitty reputation on these forums. Admitting you do things like this only makes it worse.

10+ Year Old Account

For the second time, it's not a deal - he's referring to AH sniping which whilst it's not bannable is frowned upon by the community, hence his point about you admitting to it with your already poor reputation for post quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It's not, you were totally in the okay. Some people may say its shady, but if they wanted those items over on the other side so badly they could have paid for a faction change of a toon with those items. Its the risk they take.
    Thank you.

I rest my case. Sniping the Neutral AH is okay.

Also @MoanaLisa I agree with you 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwahaha I'd pay 50K gold for a photo of the dudes facial expression when you snatched this.