Thread: Green fire hype

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    I wonder if potion of luck will improve your chances of it dropping?

    Even more then green Incinerates, I want green RoF. I remember in ICC, the Valkyres would spawn evil dopplegangers of party members. The Locks would use Rain of Chaos. It looked awesome.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Did you even read my answer or are you just mad to those who prefer other colors just for the sake of being mad???
    Like I said, I don't care what people do with their characters or what they prefer. Make your flames look like rainbows, I don't care. I just care when people start saying that Fel fire is wrong or makes no sense to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I have never complained at all about green fire nor have something against it, I just prefer the color I already have. You should stop telling people what to do with their warlocks (loggin out, deleting them, etc...)
    I never accused you of complaining about it. When i was replying to you, I wasn't speaking specifically about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    As far as I recall, and I've read the whole thread, nobody in this thread has stated that Fel Fire is wrong, some of them just don't understand the reason most warlocks are excited about it.
    I saw a few posts in this thread that went along the lines of numerous posts I've seen across other threads where people seem to reject the notion of Fel fire. With this thread being specifically about Fel fire and becoming popular, I thought I'd remind people that Fel fire actually does have a place. I'm not pissed off or hating anyone, I'm just being harsh because I'm a Warlock and I will kill you. Using my demon's bare hands.

  3. #203
    More clues about the questline interactions are available at wowhead latest additions.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    More clues about the questline interactions are available at wowhead latest additions.
    I looked, and for the 15th it's just two items (an inkeeper and a mount), and the link on their page for the additions on the 14th isn't working. What was it ?

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I looked, and for the 15th it's just two items (an inkeeper and a mount), and the link on their page for the additions on the 14th isn't working. What was it ?
    I think it's just a few suggestive spells.

    Seems to suggest that we'll be controlling something and using it to fight a pit lord, or maybe an enemy warlock.

  6. #206
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think it's just a few suggestive spells.

    Seems to suggest that we'll be controlling something and using it to fight a pit lord, or maybe an enemy warlock.
    Likely fighting the warlock or he helps us whatever the case is :P It looks awesome

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think it's just a few suggestive spells.

    Seems to suggest that we'll be controlling something and using it to fight a pit lord, or maybe an enemy warlock.
    Cool, thanks

  8. #208
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    What if......it's not just green fire at the end of the line? Simply recoloring fire doesn't seem worth the extensive quest line, and all the lore attached to it. What if the Council is off to unlock even greater powers that combine all three specs into an entirely new fourth spec, one capable of tanking, as we requested?

    Speculate.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  9. #209
    I'm just hoping it affects our dreadsteed that way at least every spec has something cool and fel green to show off and yes i know headless horseman mount...but thats just not the same

  10. #210
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    I wouldn't mind the fire from having burning embers attached to a point on your body so when you jump, it jumps with you. It's a bug that bugs the shit out of me.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  11. #211
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    What if......it's not just green fire at the end of the line? Simply recoloring fire doesn't seem worth the extensive quest line, and all the lore attached to it. What if the Council is off to unlock even greater powers that combine all three specs into an entirely new fourth spec, one capable of tanking, as we requested?

    Speculate.
    No.

    1) Specs are not quest based, that throws all semblence of balance from the class.
    2) Warlocks will not tank. I could get into the reasoning behind changing the dynamic of a class entirely, adding new stats to gear or creating a transfer-matrix for stats, and even the fact that they still have an entirely new class (which also has a tanking ability).
    3) The Journey is the Reward. Frodo didn't get any horde of treasure at the end, Indiana Jones and his Grandfather returned from the Temple of the Grail empty handed (Crystal skull does not exist), Commander Shepard doesn't become Queen of Earth (sadly), and Warlocks are getting an epic questline* that at the end offer a constant reminder of that quest: Green Fire.

    *I assume because I have avoided reading it, worse comes to worse it's better than what other classes get.

    If that was sarcasm in your post, I apologise because I can't tell.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    What if......it's not just green fire at the end of the line? Simply recoloring fire doesn't seem worth the extensive quest line, and all the lore attached to it. What if the Council is off to unlock even greater powers that combine all three specs into an entirely new fourth spec, one capable of tanking, as we requested?

    Speculate.
    Going to have to say no. Xelnath liked the idea, but I think if we look at how Demo DPS turned out we can be glad he didn't pull through with his plan to make Demo a tank spec only. Maybe one day in the distant future when we get a 4th spec, but not now, and certainly not halfway through an expansion.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #213
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    1) Specs are not quest based, that throws all semblence of balance from the class.
    The person didn't say a tanking spec would be rewarded through questing, just that the lore associated with this quest line could lead to lore that introduces a warlock tanking spec. Just because a talent specilization isn't rewarded through quest and lore doesn't mean blizzard can't introduce one through lore (much like the death knight class is introduced through lore and quests. Remember in the old system it rewarded talent points per quest in the starter area)
    2) Warlocks will not tank. I could get into the reasoning behind changing the dynamic of a class entirely, adding new stats to gear or creating a transfer-matrix for stats, and even the fact that they still have an entirely new class (which also has a tanking ability).
    Warlocks could get a dedicated tank spec. It is a bit silly to say that warlocks will not do something when they have a glyph that allows them to do exactly what you say they will not do. They can't main tank current content (yet) but the glyph easily could be a stepping stone to test the waters on the concept of a Warlock tank and to see how much interest there is in the concept.

    3) The Journey is the Reward. Frodo didn't get any horde of treasure at the end, Indiana Jones and his Grandfather returned from the Temple of the Grail empty handed (Crystal skull does not exist), Commander Shepard doesn't become Queen of Earth (sadly), and Warlocks are getting an epic questline* that at the end offer a constant reminder of that quest: Green Fire.
    The journey can be reward but so can the end of the journey. That line is just used as a way to demean and segregate people who think differently and offers no real impact on a discussion. You can both enjoy the journey and enjoy the reward at the end. Focusing on one or the other is limiting yourself for no good reason.
    *I assume because I have avoided reading it, worse comes to worse it's better than what other classes get.

    If that was sarcasm in your post, I apologise because I can't tell.[/QUOTE]
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Going to have to say no. Xelnath liked the idea, but I think if we look at how Demo DPS turned out we can be glad he didn't pull through with his plan to make Demo a tank spec only. Maybe one day in the distant future when we get a 4th spec, but not now, and certainly not halfway through an expansion.
    I think that's unlikely. GC discussed the idea of BM Hunters on Twitter, saying if they did it they'd add a spec to do it; but then they'd have to add specs to all the other classes as well and in that respect it would just be easier to add a new class.

  15. #215
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The person didn't say a tanking spec would be rewarded through questing, just that the lore associated with this quest line could lead to lore that introduces a warlock tanking spec. Just because a talent specilization isn't rewarded through quest and lore doesn't mean blizzard can't introduce one through lore (much like the death knight class is introduced through lore and quests. Remember in the old system it rewarded talent points per quest in the starter area)


    Warlocks could get a dedicated tank spec. It is a bit silly to say that warlocks will not do something when they have a glyph that allows them to do exactly what you say they will not do. They can't main tank current content (yet) but the glyph easily could be a stepping stone to test the waters on the concept of a Warlock tank and to see how much interest there is in the concept.



    The journey can be reward but so can the end of the journey. That line is just used as a way to demean and segregate people who think differently and offers no real impact on a discussion. You can both enjoy the journey and enjoy the reward at the end. Focusing on one or the other is limiting yourself for no good reason.
    Firstly, to me it sounded like Medieve was saying that the questline would unlock the spec. Assuming we can leave the Warlock tank argument (I get a bit vitirolic when I hear it, hence the aggression), agreeing that it would be unlikely to add a new spec in the middle of an expansion, the question is of the quest and what we get at the end. Medieve seems to be saying (at least what I take from it) that a mere "recoloring" of fire is not worth the extensive quest and lore, whereas what I'm trying to say is that the green fire is being used partly as a carrot, partly as an excuse, and partly as a goal to create a class-specific story. Not that Green Fire is insignificant, but that it shouldn't be the end result which we look at blindly. I'll agree, that they should both be considered.

  16. #216
    As for the "reward", I am concerned about one thing. According to the leaks, we get to see a vast energy non-fel source that Illidan used, most likely the blue flames. How do we get to see something like that and end up with green fire? Dunno, after seeing the whole blood-titan thing and the possibility of giving that to mages, I am starting to worry that they start to transfer some Warlock identity to other class or simply diminish the Warlock class itself.

  17. #217
    but..........what if.........our mounts we're also effected by the codex.....and...we..had.FEL GREEN DREADSTEED!! ZOMG!!

  18. #218
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    the question is of the quest and what we get at the end.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32360 was datamined from patch 5.1 and indicates that the story and quest line is not over with the reward of green fire. It indicates that the lore and story of the Green Fire quest line isn't the end of the lore and story of the Council of the Black Harvest. We don't know where it will go or if Blizzard still intends to take it somewhere since they delayed the first part from 5.1 to 5.2.

    It could be a multiple patch storyline to introduce Warlock tanking. Whatever the case it is clear that it doesn't end with green fire.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32360
    It could be a multiple patch storyline to introduce Warlock tanking. Whatever the case it is clear that it doesn't end with green fire.
    According to the 5.1 storyline so far, there are no clues of having the green fire up to that point.

  20. #220
    Cosmetic effects are cool as hell!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •