Thread: Green fire hype

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I dont know but since when is "FEL" assigned to green color? And now dont tell me since fel-iron-ore is green...

  2. #42
    Brewmaster Eace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneme View Post
    The people who are hyped for green fire are kids who also played with barbie dolls when they were young.
    I played with Barbies, but I still don't care about green fire. What's your point?

    Just make the wings in Dark Apotheosis look like the wings of T6 and I'm content.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I dont know but since when is "FEL" assigned to green color? And now dont tell me since fel-iron-ore is green...
    Might want to read a few books on the lore. Burning Legion says hi.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

    Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal


  4. #44
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,623
    I'd prefer a purple color. Something similar to the shade of hand of gul'dan for example. I never really understood (and still don't) people that say they leveled a lock or resubscribed just for green fire. It literally changes nothing and is just a novelty. Yes novelties are nice in a game but really aren't much at all. I'd be more excited over a flying mount then green fire.

    At least with transmogrification you can look at the model while doing nothing. You have to be casting to see the green fire and how often do you really just stop and stare at the animations and art during actual combat? The lore and a class quest is really the reward in my opinion. The game lost something when it removed the requirement for much of these quests.

    Rogues, Paladins, Warlocks, Shamans all lost some class identity by losing the basic quests. Same thing with druids though theirs didn't seem as fun/cool to me as the others. Hopefully this is a test case for adding more class based lore and rewards like this to the game. Imagine if they can streamline the process where every patch see's something new like this for a class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #45
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I dont know but since when is "FEL" assigned to green color? And now dont tell me since fel-iron-ore is green...
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fel

    Fel has always been primarily green-yellow color in the Warcraft Universe. However there is a difference between Fel and Demonic, as not all demonic magic is Fel magic. There are also several other colors connected to the Warlock Class. I personally feel purple is more of an iconic color to the class then green is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 04:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Just get Attumens mount for the complete felfire-effect :P
    If only he could walk on water with the glyph as well (he being midnight the name of the mount).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I personally feel purple is more of an iconic color to the class then green is.
    I believe so as well. Many people, me included, request green fire because its the only flame colour that is there to replace silly normal looking orange fire. If there was a choice on my behalf, I would make the Warlock class fully Sha coloured. Black/White shadow AND fire spells and relevant names that have to do with emotions etc.

    Sadly, the Priest class is the one taking all the "deeper" stuff compared to what Warlocks get. I mean, who can compare the Legion to the Old Gods? Its like comparing Bowser to Sephiroth. In other words, I play both a lock and a priest and if blizz continues to give that much of a lore spotlight to the priest, my lock will be gone for good.

  7. #47
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,717
    I would have loved it in Cata as I was 100% destruction.

    In MoP I have never touched either Destro or Demo as Affliction is just so much more fun to me

    I may have a look at Destro just for the green fire but if it isnt as fun as Aff for me I'll probs just go straight back (the fact that I have to get a completely new gear set to stack crit is also an issue that I cba with)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  8. #48
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Just get Attumens mount for the complete felfire-effect :P
    "Just get"... Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Hugh Wattmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,061
    Been wanting this for a stupid amount of time. Can't wait Its just right to have green fire on a lock. Be nice if say like chaos bolt was like a red ball with green fire and stuff be awsome

  10. #50
    Yay, if only i ever used fire magic.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,592
    Would also love a glyph that turns makes the fire on your moutns green.

    It's called Felsteed and not Firesteed.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Never understood why people were so desperate for a recolour... Imo it's a waste of resources. To me having green fire wouldn't make sense. Fire is red(ish), not green.

    Incinerate
    Deals 1421 to 1570 (+ 140% of SpellPower) Fire damage to an enemy.

    Fel Flame
    Deals 762 to 841 (+ 75% of SpellPower) Shadowflame damage to an enemy and increases the duration of Corruption by 6 sec.

    That said, I also think it's ugly, but most of wow is ugly so that doesn't really matter anyway ^^
    Shadowflame damage has nothing to do with the color of the spell. Both Hand of Gul'dan and Void Ray also deal shadowflame damage and have a completly different color than Fel Flame.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Just get Attumens mount for the complete felfire-effect :P
    Already have it

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    i always thought it would be cool to have but it was never something that i desperately desired. i suspect that within a few months (possibly less, maybe more who knows) the hype will be over with

  15. #55
    I don't really feel the "green fire" thing. When I'm playing a destro lock, it's about fire, immolation and flames. I engulf and burn my enemies, enjoy their screams and leave only charred bones. You know, doing warlock stuff. But why the hell would you turn hardcore orange fire (fire that looks like fire) into something green? Because it's more fel and diabolic? Yea, compared to red it's diabolic like My Little Pony.

    Wanna green? Play your druid. Wanna hardcore black and red combustions of flames? Go destro.

    And, by the way... When is Blizzard going to finally introduce black fire?

  16. #56
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,342
    I've been asking for green fire for years, of course I'm excited duh

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At least with transmogrification you can look at the model while doing nothing. You have to be casting to see the green fire and how often do you really just stop and stare at the animations and art during actual combat? The lore and a class quest is really the reward in my opinion. The game lost something when it removed the requirement for much of these quests.
    PvP movies dude, PvP movies. I predict a myriad of Drakedog-style PvP movies spawning as soon as 5.2 hits, with pointless zooms and frantic screen shaking into green fire while a warlock needlessly casts Soulfire.

    Green fire is cool, it's iconic for some but I never understood why people couldn't differentiate themselves from Fire mages, seems really silly that you need green fire for that...
    Melee vs caster balance in WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F0Ehgx_Q8

  18. #58

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    I don't get the hype about it. With all the MoP changes, the warlock class is pretty much the most iconic class to play right now, and with 3 specs that are all very unique in both playstyle and appearence.

    I don't give a shit about transmog, new models, mounts, or spell effects, nor will I be caring about this green fire thing. I'd probably do the quest just to show some of my friends (who don't have a warlock) how the quest, lore and area are.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't really feel the "green fire" thing. When I'm playing a destro lock, it's about fire, immolation and flames. I engulf and burn my enemies, enjoy their screams and leave only charred bones. You know, doing warlock stuff. But why the hell would you turn hardcore orange fire (fire that looks like fire) into something green? Because it's more fel and diabolic? Yea, compared to red it's diabolic like My Little Pony.

    Wanna green? Play your druid. Wanna hardcore black and red combustions of flames? Go destro.

    And, by the way... When is Blizzard going to finally introduce black fire?
    You don't like playing a warlock. you like playing a pyromancer. A fire mage would equally suit your desire to burn things up.

    But why the hell would you turn hardcore orange fire (fire that looks like fire) into something green?
    Because that's how REAL warlocks roll. There's absolutely nothing "hardcore" about regular fire that can be conjured by any mage. Please go take a walk in shadowmoon valley. Then go to dalaran. Then tell us which one is more "my little pony".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •