Thread: Green fire hype

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I was explaining the origin of green fire and why people desire it.

Also Demon Hunters are alot like Warlocks.
    only in theme not in practice.

demon hunters are alot more like rogues that can see demons even when disguised and have demons in their weapons. also demonic tattoos that empower them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

To be honest I could care less about green fire or purple fire or orange fire. What I do care about however is the questline leading up to it. I'm hoping its a bit drawn out and not easy. My best memories of Cata, in fact some of the most fun I've had in WoW period were doing the caster and Rogue legendary weapon questlines. They were involved, they were challenging at points, and they were fun. I wish each class had a questline of that magnatude. If the green fire questline offers half of that fun, I'll be happy with it reward or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    illidan is a demon hunter not a warlock. warlocks are nothing like demon hunters
    Demon hunter abilities have bled over a fair bit though, immolation and meta being the big culprits, that said -

Also Demon Hunters are alot like Warlocks.
    I do still disagree with this, they're as much like warlocks as paladins are like priests. They have a few similar themes, but they're distinctly different.

Deleted
    I don't think I want green fire to be honest, the red fire is just fine and looks badass!
    Maybe if we have the option to turn the green off, and turn it back to the regular colour.

If you compare villain Warlocks to Demon Hunters then yes there are lots of differences. However, if you compare the faction ones then you must have noticed that they both consume and use the power of something they will most likely fight, like fighting fire with fire. Check the Demon Hunter in blasted lands, which is the newest addition on the matter and try to find an actual difference from demo warlocks apart from the melee thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I mean it's JUST a cosmetic effect.
    as a warlock i feel sorry for your soul .. just kidding i don't feel pitty over puny elfs.

Well yeah, it only adds to destru (and demo) both spec suck for pve the BIG one right now, but i still wait for that thing since the first day my little gnome opend her pretty blue eyes and said her first words "LETS SLAUGHTER THEM ALL ! ALL HAIL THE BURNING LEGION" .. i mean "for the alliance .. duh"

Green fire is like the one little thing that changes us from magelookalike to it's GREEN SUCKER GREEEN LIKE THE HULK NOT RED LIKE POWER RANGER! and i'm waiting for it since the first time they told me i get that crap

GC said : "Like some prestige rewards, it will start out a little exclusive but everyone can participate eventually."

What are your thoughts on this? I really hope its not worse than the Brawler's Guild invitation.

I hope its not a raid drop or else I'm never gonna get it. I don't belong to a guild that raids, and there are almost zero guilds on my server that raid. if its a low drop rate of some creature in the new daily quest hub that's fine but i really hope its not a raid or rare spawn drop.

I really find it idiotic that they didn't not just make this quest available to every 90 level warlock. this exclusive elitism stuff is bs. If getting green fire is really that epic than it shouldn't have to be restricted to being hard to get just to give us the feeling of a "prestige" reward. now something that many warlocks have waited for will be ultra hard to get great.....

That GC comment reminded me of the Black Market AH thing, mainly due to the fact that it was meant to be gradually easier. If it was meant to be a raid drop, then it might have stayed "exclusive" till the end. So my thoughts are that it will either be a Black Market item or a rare drop that will be sold for outrageous prizes on AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came to the warlock forums just to find out what the big deal is. Your.. fire spells.. turn green. Why is that worth mentioning on the front page every week? Why are people coming back to WoW just for it? WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL!?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I came to the warlock forums just to find out what the big deal is. Your.. fire spells.. turn green. Why is that worth mentioning on the front page every week? Why are people coming back to WoW just for it? WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL!?
    Well, in my opinion it's because Green Fire (ie FelFire) is the way the Warlock class should have always been since the beginning, given the source of their magic. This is a change that's been 8+ years in the making.

WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL!?
    Insolence!

It doesn't really matter what it is ... beyond the fact that it's something that lots of Warlocks have wanted for years and years and now it's finally happening.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. So always despising warlocks as a class and only finally making one last night means I just "wouldn't understand."
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

As for all of you fellow Warlocks worrying about requiring raiding to start the quest, I have clues that point otherwise

What I am trying to say is that one of the quests has a 489ilvl ring reward for completion, which would be useless for a person that has 5.2 raid ilvl gear. In other words, it is more of a help to start raiding rather than a reward for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    As for all of you fellow Warlocks worrying about requiring raiding to start the quest, I have clues that point otherwise

What I am trying to say is that one of the quests has a 489ilvl ring reward for completion, which would be useless for a person that has 5.2 raid ilvl gear. In other words, it is more of a help to start raiding rather than a reward for doing so.
    The ring was intended as a reward during 5.1. It will probably be buffed now.

But yes, the tome is almost guaranteed to be a random drop from mobs on Thunder Isle.

The ring was intended as a reward during 5.1. It will probably be buffed now.

But yes, the tome is almost guaranteed to be a random drop from mobs on Thunder Isle.
    489ilvl was still low enough for the 5.1 state of gear. It was equal to the MSV normal drops and if there was a challenge involving raiding, then the player should already have that ilvl ring by then, so the fact still applies.

I hope you are right about the Thunder Isle random drop. Even if it is time consuming, it is fascinating to kill hundreds of mobs hoping that each one of them has a chance to grant you something like the green fire.........except that there would be 1002355 players farming it especially if its bound only through a healthstone.

I can see it will only being exclusive at the beginning if this scenario applies. Mostly because the more people get it the less it will be farmed. Similar to how prizes got more tolerable for Brawler's Guild.

15+ Year Old Account

demon hunters are alot more like rogues that can see demons even when disguised and have demons in their weapons. also demonic tattoos that empower them.
    Spec demonology, activate Glyph of Demon Hunting (also recommend Glyphs of Carrion Swarm and Soul Consumption). Talent into Soul Link and Grimoire of Sacrifice. Summon a Felguard, activate Soul Link and GoS.

You are now effectively a demon hunter.

Use Corruption and/or Hand of Gul'dan to pull, Pursuit to charge and stun or Demon Leap to jump into melee range. Build Demonic Fury with Demonic Slash, spend it on Carrion Swarm, Void Ray, and Soul Fire with Molten Core procs. Keep your Aura of Elements up. Use Immolation Aura for extra damage or AoE. Use Twilight Ward if you need survivability. Soul Consumption will refund 20% of your health when you kill an enemy that grants experience or honor.

If you want to feel even more like a demon hunter, build yourself a special transmogrification outfit, track down an Aspect of the Demon Hunter loot card, or just obtain the Warlock challenge mode set. Foul Gift of the Demon Lord trinket is awesome too, though obviously sub-optimal at level 90.

I am sick and tired of all these people complaining that green fire doesn't make sense or would look weird. Log off your Warlock and come back when you learn a bit more about their lore. If you already know why green fire exists, yet you still don't appreciate why it's green, please delete your Warlock. You want to chuck around regular fire, then play a fire mage.

Fel fire is not the same fire that exists on the planets. I don't care what the tooltips say; they are just there for the sake of mechanics. Fel fire damage is not fire damage, it is chaos damage. An injury sustained from chaotic fire does not heal. Fel fire is far more powerful than regular fire. Warlocks draw upon the power of the Twisting Nether and harness it in their spells, using it to summon demons, burn enemies, create healthstones, pacts, sacrifices, heals and shields.

The mere fact that Warlocks have been forced to use shadow and flame all this time is insulting. Fire and Shadow have their place, but a Warlock draws his power from the Nether. The energy in the Nether is Fel. Sargeras uses fel energy, Kil'jaeden uses Fel energy, Archimonde used Fel energy, almost every Warlock NPC uses Fel energy. The only ones that are lacking in this department are the players.

Too many are rerolling Warlocks since the revamp and populating the class with clueless people. When the Warlock population was low, it was at least filled with people who appreciated what a Warlock is, why they have what they have and can do what they do. This is one reason why green fire is so sought after, because it is what we should be using. Just because some FotM reroller comes along and 'doesn't get it' that doesn't mean that we are wrong and they are right.

If any of this post rustled your jimmies or hurt your feelings, please, also log off your Warlock. Pet a kitten or something.

TL;DR I hate you. Fire is red/orange/yellow. Fel fire is not that fire. It is something else entirely. It is also green.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    TL;DR I hate you. Fire is red/orange/yellow. Fel fire is not that fire. It is something else entirely. It is also green.
    Imps draw their power from the twisting Nether too but use normal fire. Void walkers are shadow creatures that draw their power from the twisting nether. Like it or not Fire and Shadow are associated with Warlocks, Demons, and the Twisting nether in WoW. The Warlock class doesn't use fel magic and thus doesn't normally use green fire. This is why there is a whole lore and quest thing regarding this.

If it was something that warlocks were supposed to be doing already then they would have just implemented the change, like they did for any other warlock class change.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."