Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    enlighten us then on how the finance sector works and what caused the horrible situation pretty much every bank in the world is in (as long as we can trust their saying)

banks get bailed out, because they are needed, poor people don´t get bailed out because they´re useless, oh what a happy little world we´re living in
    No it's more that when you have people saying they know deregulation is to blame, but they don't even know what a MBS CDO is, then they really don't know that deregulation is the cause. They're just parroting opinions that their favorite political media is telling them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    no no... you cant have the ferrari back... I NEED it to go places... I dont give a crap if I can pay for it anymore... I NEED it, I WANT it, you tricked me into buying it.
    bingo

if that´s so, it´s yours, and i´m to blame
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Well they could just smash the doors down. It is their property.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    No it's more that when you have people saying they know deregulation is to blame, but they don't even know what a MBS CDO is, then they really don't know that deregulation is the cause. They're just parroting opinions that their favorite political media is telling them.
    ofcourse you could have edjucated people with your post, but you chose to just say that they are parroting opinions... clever
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    bingo

if that´s so, it´s yours, and i´m to blame
    but that would be a lie... you didn't trick me... if I cant pay then I'm legally, morally and ethically obligated to return your property to you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I laugh my ass off at these Europeans always wanting a free lunch. They don't even realize that the sooner they hit bottom the sooner they return to prosperity.

I skipped a couple of pages but so far haven't found a negative reply where the person actually understands the situation.

Here's approximately what went on:
    1. The world economy looked good - people were happy, in work, paying their bills.
    2. The banks decided "we need their money!" so their employees are set targets where the only option is to lie cheat and steal. (I expect many people are now misguided enough to say people wouldn't do it, but they'd need to study psychology before I'd listen.)
    3. The general public, who are working and paying their bills are told "listen! I can get you into a house... now, you may not think you can afford it but dont worry, we'll pay your fees, stamp duty, give you a full mortage and hey! take out this extra loan on your house to do it up too. Dont worry, you can afford it."
    4. People are happy, in work, paying their bills just about when BOOM! America completely decimates the global economy with the subprime mortage fiasco causing the world to become bankrupt (well, those who invested in the us which was a lot of european banks figuring it was free money)
    5. Spain, having lied to it's population in order to meet tougher targets worse than a lot of europe... is broke, skint, with billions having to be sunk into Santander and the like to keep them afloat.

So, that's what happened... now, I know you're thinking "But wait... how does this explain why it's not the individuals fault!"
    It doesn't... because assigning blame to individual people being lied to is no different than calling someone stupid for being robbed. Or conned. Or a victim of a ponzi scheme. As a human being it's only right we make fun of them isn't it? I mean c'mon, we'd never fall for that!

And yet, amazingly enough, now the banks have been bailed out they are turning around and saying "well, we learned our lesson so it's time to go back and pay our senior executives high salaries and to make money again."

Now, if anyone still isn't convinced that making rash assumptions to assign blame is kind of a moot point... I look forward to your PhD dissertation on the psychological effects of social pressure regarding status symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    As I said before, most of those evicted people are people who lost their job after they took a loan. The other one's are the people who lost their job and took a mortgage on their house (and are getting less then their house is worth, because the banks inflated prices) to be able to provide food, clothing and education for their family.

You are right there are 2 sides of the coin yet you say those people are greedy, thats not even 1 side of the coin, thats the edge of the coin.
    Yeah, they lost their jobs. That's always a possibility when you take out a loan. To not factor that into the equation is stupidity. When my wife and I took out our car loan and housing loan we made sure that if one of us lost our job, that we could still stay afloat on one income. So yes, it's these people's fault that they didn't use common sense. Stop standing up for stupidity. That's what is ruining this world faster than anything. Stupid people and the people that stand up for said stupid people.

Deleted
    to all these people saying "if you cant afford to pay back the loan dont take it out in the first place"
    Do you know that you will have a stable income in 5, 10, or 15 years times ? No. Nobody does.

Deleted
    ofcourse you could have edjucated people with your post, but you chose to just say that they are parroting opinions... clever
    It'd take more time than I have to meaningfully educate people on the subject. I could give you my opinion on the matter, but then people would at best just be parroting my opinion without actually understanding what they're saying - even if they were right.

My point really was just that most people here don't have the faintest clue how different regulations affect the world of finance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    to all these people saying "if you cant afford to pay back the loan dont take it out in the first place"
    Do you know that you will have a stable income in 5, 10, or 15 years times ? No. Nobody does.
    Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Ask me again why the europe zone still exsist rofl...

I know this all to well, that banks were this agressive "in the good times" but seing it like that is still sad. And now we haft to bail them out.../sigh.

Time for greed to stop, that is all. Pathetic how the banks acted these last years.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    I skipped a couple of pages but so far haven't found a negative reply where the person actually understands the situation.

Here's approximately what went on:
    1. The world economy looked good - people were happy, in work, paying their bills.
    2. The banks decided "we need their money!" so their employees are set targets where the only option is to lie cheat and steal. (I expect many people are now misguided enough to say people wouldn't do it, but they'd need to study psychology before I'd listen.)
    3. The general public, who are working and paying their bills are told "listen! I can get you into a house... now, you may not think you can afford it but dont worry, we'll pay your fees, stamp duty, give you a full mortage and hey! take out this extra loan on your house to do it up too. Dont worry, you can afford it."
    4. People are happy, in work, paying their bills just about when BOOM! America completely decimates the global economy with the subprime mortage fiasco causing the world to become bankrupt (well, those who invested in the us which was a lot of european banks figuring it was free money)
    5. Spain, having lied to it's population in order to meet tougher targets worse than a lot of europe... is broke, skint, with billions having to be sunk into Santander and the like to keep them afloat.

So, that's what happened... now, I know you're thinking "But wait... how does this explain why it's not the individuals fault!"
    It doesn't... because assigning blame to individual people being lied to is no different than calling someone stupid for being robbed. Or conned. Or a victim of a ponzi scheme. As a human being it's only right we make fun of them isn't it? I mean c'mon, we'd never fall for that!

And yet, amazingly enough, now the banks have been bailed out they are turning around and saying "well, we learned our lesson so it's time to go back and pay our senior executives high salaries and to make money again."

Now, if anyone still isn't convinced that making rash assumptions to assign blame is kind of a moot point... I look forward to your PhD dissertation on the psychological effects of social pressure regarding status symbols.
    It's not about social status or social pressure or whatever else you want to call it. It's a lack of common sense, plain and simple. People who didn't have a clue what they were doing, did stuff anyway. Were they lied to in a way? Yes. And the banks shouldn't have done that. But the individuals were the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

Why can't people understand that?

So the people error and take loans they can't pay and are evicted and left without a home.

The banks error and give out loans to those who can't pay them and are given billions of dollars to help them out with their error.

See the problem here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    but that would be a lie... you didn't trick me... if I cant pay then I'm legally, morally and ethically obligated to return your property to you.
    legally is probably the only word that really counts here... because morally and ethically i shouldn´t have been giving you the money to buy the ferrari in the first place, on that i can agree with you

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It's not about social status or social pressure or whatever else you want to call it. It's a lack of common sense, plain and simple. People who didn't have a clue what they were doing, did stuff anyway. Were they lied to in a way? Yes. And the banks shouldn't have done that. But the individuals were the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

Why can't people understand that?
    so it´s the individuals fault for believing a lie? what?