Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[UK] sick of goverment saying make work pay

im sick of hearing the goverment saying make work pay, the reason is they are just shafting the poor and basically they want unemployed people off benefits when all jobs at jobcentres now are part time or agency work which is useless, people who want to work want full time not the other two, i dnt work not out of choice i have disabilitys and im unable to work, the only people who can get jobs in the uk are eastern europeans cos they will work for some stringg and some half eaten chewing gum

10+ Year Old Account
    Before someone steps in and accuses you of being ignorant, I will stand and say you are correct about certain heres there.

- There is a current trend of people with disabilities being on the lower end of the scale of finding work in the uk right now, probably because of the way the system is so fuked up here, they aren't encouraged to take on people who they think can't get the job done as well as your average joe blogs.

- Illegal imagrents are one of the highest problems still that fractured so much of this, since they recieved to many free benefits from the u.k governments, and the other sort who do so many lower end jobs for half the pay of a British national, so not only are they a cheap labour force, they have taken all the jobs people here in this country could have used to work there way up.

The uk government gave handouts to people who were not even born british citizens, and now at a time of economic downturn, they are taking from the actual british citizens who were born here, who happen to be on the lower end of things, while the higher ups, the greedy bastard bankers are walking off with so perhaps millions in there pocket.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-08 at 06:20 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to a Conservative run Government.

The exact thing happened last time these twats were in office and even though the alternative party isn't much better its still better than a government that more than 50% of the country did NOT vote for.

Having been unemployed for the best part of a year under this government I can say with 100% accuracy that at no point was my benefit threatened by the actions I took to find work. I was told every 2 weeks I visited the jobcentre that unless I could find a full time work placement my benefit would not be stopped.
    I of course had to go through the system of going to appointments and showing what I was doing to find work, but as long as I did that everything was fine.
    Also from my time of signing on the only people I noticed that were having problems were the type of person that clearly could not be arsed to do anything about their situation. (one day I saw someone come in to sign on having just bought a new xbox game literally no more than 30 mins previously! I am also sure he will moan about lack of money )

I am a massive supporter of making work pay and if you ask for help you will get it in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    the only people who can get jobs in the uk are eastern europeans cos they will work for some stringg and some half eaten chewing gum
    This is complete false. The only people who can get a job in the uk are those that bloody are willing to work, the simple fact is a number of those unemployed are quite simply lazy, you only have to visit the jobcenter for a few weeks to witness it for yourself.
    I sympathise for you if you have problems working due to a disability but at no point will I agree with you regarding people not being able to get work.

I should add btw I am now working full time and very happy again after a very bleak period.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2013-01-08 at 06:42 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If you're referring to the Bush Era in the United States (wild guess) he actually expanded social programs; Medicare Part D for example.
    The UK has a Conservative run coalition government with the Liberal Democrats making up the numbers.
    In 2010 the Conservatives got 36% of the vote, Labour got 29% and the Lib Dems got 23%.

We have a two party system of Conservatives and Labour, the Liberal Democrats act as a 'who the fuck are they?' third party the vast majority of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

The exact thing happened last time these twats were in office and even though the alternative party isn't much better its still better than a government that more than 50% of the country did NOT vote for.
    this is why I hate voting in this piss poor game they play. I hate the conservatives because there a group of old fashioned backwards farts who care less for the people and more for there ideal of shaping the country into how they see it, and yet the labour party, well they did some good things for the people of the uk, they sadly opened the flood gates and allowed anyone to pour into this country, leading to fewer jobs and tearing up of the landscape.

I voted for lib dems, because even though I knew they would get nowhere like every other election, my morals would at least be in tact. And what happenes? Because the conservatives knew they would lose to labour again, they joined with the lib dems, creating a union and outbeating labour, promising great reform and shared ideals between them... ONLY NOW the conservatives have cast of the lib dems and taken total control.

Basicly.

Labour - A group of collage junkies who fail at the serious issues, and unable to keep all eggs in one basket.
    Conservatives - A group of old, underhanded farts who get you to sign contracts and then change the rules in the 11th hour, making dirty promises to screw over the poor and making the rich richer.
    Lib dems - the shriveled up gollems who never win anything, are easily fooled, and if they had any kind of real power would probably pass out from having it.

There all cretins and liars. The only thing is i don't know who's the least rotten of them all.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-08 at 06:47 PM.
    #boycottchina

The UK has a Conservative run coalition government with the Liberal Democrats making up the numbers.
    In 2010 the Conservatives got 36% of the vote, Labour got 29% and the Lib Dems got 23%.

We have a two party system of Conservatives and Labour, the Liberal Democrats act as a 'who the fuck are they?' third party the vast majority of the time.
    Yeah, I totally misread your post. My bad.

Deleted
    next elections gonna suck, either way were gonna have a shitty party in power.

Deleted
    im sick of hearing the goverment saying make work pay, the reason is they are just shafting the poor and basically they want unemployed people off benefits when all jobs at jobcentres now are part time or agency work which is useless, people who want to work want full time not the other two, i dnt work not out of choice i have disabilitys and im unable to work, the only people who can get jobs in the uk are eastern europeans cos they will work for some stringg and some half eaten chewing gum
    See it's not racism cause they're not black...

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    <snip>
    It is the reason why the alternative vote should have passed, but too many people either did not understand it or were completely overloaded with misinformation.
    It is funny how the No brigade used "This will allow nutjobs like the BNP to get seats in government" as an excuse when the BNP were voting No also.

15+ Year Old Account

The UK only needs to look to the US from 2001-2009 to see just how much a highly conservative government can completely screw over your economy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    next elections gonna suck, either way were gonna have a shitty party in power.
    I'm voting PPUK next election even though they have no one in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    The UK only needs to look to the US from 2001-2009 to see just how much a highly conservative government can completely screw over your economy.
    It's what people do not think about, they saw the last couple of years of Labour and thought "oh noes this is terrible, lets vote for that other party that we know fuck all about, we forgot what that bitch did to the country in the 80s"

Out of the frying pan.

15+ Year Old Account
    People need to educate themselves about what forms of government are better for certain climates, populations, cultures, etc.

While there is no one all encompassing and "right" answer as everyone will have different views, so many people vote for "the other guy" because they feel unhappy with "the current guy" even though the current guy is doing a decent job. People blame any unhappiness on their leadership and then shoot themselves in the foot when some guy with a pretty smile comes along.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the reason why the alternative vote should have passed, but too many people either did not understand it or were completely overloaded with misinformation.
    It is funny how the No brigade used "This will allow nutjobs like the BNP to get seats in government" as an excuse when the BNP were voting No also.
    well the BNP are even worse. They are complete fascists and having them in power would be like having the ku klux klan in power.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    -snip-
    Since when did Wolverine and Gambit have a thing going on? I mean I guess Gambit is Cajun, and Wolverine Canadian, so there's some connection there, but still...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Since when did Wolverine and Gambit have a thing going on? I mean I guess Gambit is Cajun, and Wolverine Canadian, so there's some connection there, but still...
    see, now i'm more thrown off by the face on the troll in the sig. It looks like if the image was expanded down he would be being fellatio'd

or i have a sick mind...
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    POTUS does not have legislative power.

The Dems were in the house from 2006 through 2010. So there goes that theory.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    'Underemployment' is becoming an ever larger problem these days but I don't see how the government is responsible for employers only hiring workers for part time work.

To elaborate, the government can't force employers to hire people full time when they only have part time jobs to give out. This problem is created by employers so I don't think its far to antagonise any government for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around here, when people can only find part-time work, they often work 2-3 part-time jobs.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    As I read your post I wonder, so you have people that want full time work that cant be bothered to take part time or agency work, so its FT or nothing? to me that makes it quite clear they dont 'need' the benefits that much, yet. Seems to me those that CAN work and are ABLE and WONT dont deserve benefits. You say you are disabled, and I accept that, because I have no reason to not believe you, but how does your disability affect those that able-bodied and wont work? seems those are two different situations.

as far as the Eastern Europeans being in the UK and 'taking the jobs', if they are more motivated to work then I say let them work, if you dont want them in your country then make sure your MP knows how you feel, one of the 'benefits' of being part of the EU is folks have the right to move to any part of the EU they so chose.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.