Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Seen it on the 5.1 PTR, for people considering buying, the running animation is a complete joke.
    agreed. Take a look.

looks like it walks with a limp

the flying on cloud looks alright, but I would not want to ride this thing before getting flight
    #boycottchina

A Wild Cobalion appeared!

I bet when sales are slow you get all four colors ! A new one appears every season, One for spring, summer and fall you get the winter one now!
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-01-08 at 10:32 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I bet when sales are slow you get all four colors ! A new one appears every season, One for spring, summer and fall you get the winter one now!
    OR, it changes every season without you having to do anything... ?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    The colors depend on which continent you're on, not what season it is.

That wont be as appealing for mount collectors. Numbers man numbers, and getting to choose your color, being stuck red for all of summer may not be too fun.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There are only 8 races that need a model update, and they're already half done. Draenei, Blood Elf, Goblin and Worgen are still new enough, and quite highly detailed as well.
    Only the most senior of their art team are working on the updated player models to ensure they are done properly (though the amount of assets required for 5.2 may even have put those on the backburner for the time being). A mount like this was likely done by anyone on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Okay, you linked from freaking Elfwood, you definitely earned that Nerd Card. :P

The colors depend on which continent you're on, not what season it is.
    Oh man, is that true? That's actually pretty dang cool! And even more unique! I love when Blizzard tries out new ideas instead of just offering X amount of palette swaps. Palette swaps are great for my mount count for cheevos, but it also means it feels like I'm riding the same mount over and over.

Other than the clipping of the shield (which is pretty minor) I don't see what looks so bad. It looks very similar to how horses run/walk, and I don't see any kind of a limp. I guess it is kinda funny how the rider gets tossed back and forth very rigidly, but animating that properly could require too much revamping of riding animations. Though I don't know about that...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the ugliest mount i have seen in wow... that is why i had to get it lol.
    Aye mate

Other than the clipping of the shield (which is pretty minor) I don't see what looks so bad. It looks very similar to how horses run/walk, and I don't see any kind of a limp. I guess it is kinda funny how the rider gets tossed back and forth very rigidly, but animating that properly could require too much revamping of riding animations. Though I don't know about that...
    I think the bouncing just has to do with it likely using the current horse run animation. Apparently the original horse animation was actually very smooth, like a real horse, but a few patches ago they broke it or changed it or something and it's gone to this back-and-forth motion that, according to horse people, is fairly inaccurate. So maybe if/when that gets fixed, this'll change, too.

For $20 dollars I'm planning on purchasing a whole island full of new treasure, brand new bosses and enemies, new abilities, new weapons, whole new armor sets, a brand new entirely voice-acted storyline, a new home to Design/Utilize and dozzens of continuing side-quests when Dragonborn comes out for Skyrim on PC/PS3.

EDIT: with the extra $5 left over - I realize I could even buy the Hearthfire expansion, and custom-build three entire functional homes...

...or I can spend $25 ($5 more) and get a flying goat-horse standing on a fart cloud for WoW. =/
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-09 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing looks HORRIBLE.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

OK - what the hell...

I gotta ask... what happened to the industry?

in 2006 - Bethesda was critically laughed at when they offered, for a whopping $2.50, armor for your horse in Oblivion to wear.

...and now, Blizzard is asking people for the meek modest price of $25.00 (nearly half the price of a brand-new game, and 10x the price of the above horse armor) for basically a glorified version of the same thing... a new horse-goat-thing with new armor... it even uses the Ram mount animation from Vanilla.

Seriously, what happened? How are they getting away with this? =(
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-09 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well then, I salute you sir!

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They could make an ooze blob like those at Yor'sahj into a mount and many people would buy it.

They could make an ooze blob like those at Yor'sahj into a mount and many people would buy it.
    This is so true. Not that this is a blob, but, yeah. People would buy it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    OK - what the hell...

in 2006 - Bethesda was critically laughed at when they offered, for a whopping $2.50, armor for your horse in Oblivion to wear.

Because people will pay for it. And as for oblivion horse armor, no one else could see you riding on it.

As for the mount, I don't like the exposed red snout... it looks strange, to say the least. Otherwise, it's fine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Seen it on the 5.1 PTR, for people considering buying, the running animation is a complete joke.
    Isn't the run animation just the epic Ram running animation?

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinly don't mind this mount, though I could see why the community might be split over it, especially considering you have to fork over cash for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:05 AM ----------

That genuinly sounds like something id buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin