Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    dude, i know your pain. I've been trying for a weapon for months on LFR too, but no dice yet. We'll get weapons eventually i'm sure.

Deleted
    Same for me, 2 characters every week and only 2-3 items

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    this really sucks i really need the 7 star sword from amber shaper but it just doesnt drop also pardom my ignorance but can i make a blue post or its just a blizzard thing pls explain that to me
    Working as intended I bet.

Keep trying and playing and paying. Enjoy!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, 60 bosses is about 2 months, 15% a boss..

0.005% chance, or is my math horridly wrong?

Or if you're just after that one weapon, 8 kills 27% chance to not get loot. Not couting the fact you can get multiple items, or the use of coins.

That really stinks. Especially since I hear this a lot and I have a really high drop chance of loot all the time to the point where I am kinda shocked when I don't walk away with some kind of item.

I think it's time that these QQ threads about no LFR loot should be instantly closed. Why do we need to keep hearing about how shitty people's luck is with regard to something over which NO ONE has any direct control? Do you cry if you flip a coin 50 times and it only comes up heads 4 times? It's just shit random luck, we don't need to keep telling people this over and over...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Next time, please do not use a misleading title. Trying to only obtain one specific item off one specific boss for 2 months =/= not getting a single loot over 2 month.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    a beginners guide to statistics would be in order for you; say hello to someone that happens to be on the wrong end of the bell curve. not only does he exist, it would be statistically almost impossible for him NOT to.

thats the wonder of the Blizzard loot system; you put in the effort, you will get the rewards. unless you dont.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    Hi, il be your first. On my alt hunter, dinged over a month ago, spammed heroics, got some gear for lfr. Since then I have cleared MSV on LFR 4 times and received 3 loots, two of which are the same item. And due to this I cannot access the other parts of lfr. Given my loot to month ratio it will take me 6 months to gain enough iLevel to go HoF LFR if I dont do any alt raids.

The loot system is shit, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that extremely hard to believe. RNG is RNG but I just don't think it's very likely that after running about 30 LFR total, you didn't get a single piece of loot.

Hi, I didn't get any items this week on 3 characters.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalghost View Post
    old system: wah! a mage took my shoulders that dropped even though he already had them! wah!
    new system: wah! i cant see all the drops! so even tho i have the same, if not better, chance of getting gear, i just assume i'll never get any! wah!
    old system; wah, bosses drop shit when they die, someone took something and i whispered if i could have it due to reasons a b c d e and f and they agreed Wah
    new system; wah, bosses die and i get nothing, boss dies and i get same loot as last week but cant do anything with it, wah

The current system most likely slows down overall gearing for everybody in total loots distributed/used than the pervious

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    There are only 2 bosses left I need loot from for my holy set, and both of them have never dropped an item for me Rng sux but the system is still better then it was in CAT where people would just roll to roll.
    How can someone who got all the gear but 2 items say that rng sux?

I think its a huge misunderstanding of the whole loot system.
    If its still not clear to someone, I'll explain The "perfect" loot balance is when average players gets 90% of his items before the next patch. Players should NEVER get all the items. Because he will lose his carrot on stick and stop playing.

You are NOT supposed to get all the items. And yes, it should take a lot of time to get last 2-3 pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so first, and not to be a douche, but please for the love of god use some grammar. What you typed was hard to follow. Anyways, are you using coins? Because they seem to me to have better luck at winning items. I have only been running on my Deathknight for about 1 month and so far have gotten 3 items off of Sha of Anger and completed the rest of my gear other than my pants through LFR. I am at i485 right now and all I have done is completed the LFR every week and used 3 coins every week. Granted I did get 3-4 items from Valor, and my weapon took the longest to get. However it only took 4 Sha of Fear kills using coins each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Hi, il be your first. On my alt hunter, dinged over a month ago, spammed heroics, got some gear for lfr. Since then I have cleared MSV on LFR 4 times and received 3 loots, two of which are the same item. And due to this I cannot access the other parts of lfr. Given my loot to month ratio it will take me 6 months to gain enough iLevel to go HoF LFR if I dont do any alt raids.

Given the fact that it's RNG, you could, instead, suddenly find yourself flush with loot in a single day. Oddly, that's how it works with RNG. Say, is it safe to say that, back in Cataclysm, you won all the items you could ever want in 4 runs of the DS LFR? If you did, then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, YOU prevented someone else in the same LFR as you from winning those items. The previous loot system was even more shit, this on it based on random rolls that affect no one except you. Opinions, after all, are only opinions.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    Alright, so first, and not to be a douche, but please for the love of god use some grammar. What you typed was hard to follow. Anyways, are you using coins? Because they seem to me to have better luck at winning items. I have only been running on my Deathknight for about 1 month and so far have gotten 3 items off of Sha of Anger and completed the rest of my gear other than my pants through LFR. I am at i485 right now and all I have done is completed the LFR every week and used 3 coins every week. Granted I did get 3-4 items from Valor, and my weapon took the longest to get. However it only took 4 Sha of Fear kills using coins each time.
    If you notice the OP's location is Sweden, and unless they stopped speaking swedish and changed to English as their native language to make people from Athens GA (Go Dawgs!) happy then maybe you can realise that not everyone speaks english as their native language. Bitching about others grammar and english is a good way to get infracted around here.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:51 PM ----------

Not only are the 3 possible bosses in Terrace of Endless Springs not dropping Sha weapons for me even after coin usage every single time but now that the hardcores have moved on and the casuals have not broken through ilevel requirement yet there is an hour + que for DPS. Good times. Oh and after Que you are probably going to end up on the last boss which has no sha weapons and you will need to sit through another 1 hour que just to get your shot at the first 3.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-08 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    I did not get a single item the first three weeks I did LFR so.. yea

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post

End of story?
    Mathematically, you have a 15% chance to obtain loot. Not see, obtain. This is the generally accepted average calculated by players.

Previously, most items had a rate of 8-15% depending on item. These numbers were determined by sample feedback from addons, from thousands of kills, so they're reasonably reliable. We'll go with 15% for the sake of argument.

See http://www.wowhead.com/npc=60410 as an example.

Lets assume a balanced raid, 2 tanks (one plate, one leather), a healer from each armor class plus a second paladin and priest. Four of each armor class for DPS, add one more mail to balance it out.

7 plate, 6 mail/leather/cloth.

For DPS alone, you had a .15*.25 chance (3.75%) to actually acquire loot(3% for mail). That excludes crossover items (2.15% for plate, 2.5% for everyone else). This assumes that gear is rolled on by all specs, regardless of stat weight. The numbers can be up to 7.5% in the right circumstances.

This system is mathematically better if you're looking to acquire loot. This excludes risks of asshattery and doushebaggery from people stealing, etc. even if nobody else rolled on the item, you never exceed 15% in any circumstance.

Edit for clarity
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-01-08 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might not believe me but I got 3 pieces in the first two weeks of me being able to enter LFR, that's RNG for you.

Oh, drop rate is being increased so you are in luck.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/08/5-...crease-in-5-2/
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2013-01-08 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Running four bosses and not getting loot: Pretty standard.
    Running sixteen bosses and not getting loot: Non-standard.
    There's a 7.4% chance of not getting anything in a week. That means that in a 25 person group, there's on average 1.86 people who only get gold. It's not the most common case, but it's not exactly super rare, either, and chances are high that every raid has someone afflicted by this.

Getting nothing in 8 weeks(roughly 2 months) is 1 in a billion. Low, but not impossible.