When you let players trade items, you totally destroy the point of the new system and what it's changes bring to the table; absolute fairplay.
Yes, it sucks to get duplicates, yes it sucks to get nothing but gold ever. You know what would suck more?
- They make it so you can trade items.
- You and a buddy queue for LFR.
- You get into a group of 15-20 members of the same Guild.
- Boss is killed, you and your buddy get gold.
- Some members of that Guild got the item you want.
- Bidding Starts at 75,000 gold *OR* suddenly the tank has 4p and a new weapon from one kill.
- Welcome to how LFR used to be, once again.