Thread: GTX 680 choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JadleHF View Post
    Thanks for the replys, guys.
    I'll go with a 2gb version, since I'm not planning on multi-monitor setup, nor modding in games, except of GTA IV (And GTA V when it comes out).
    I've always thought 4 gb would out perform a 2gb anyday, seems I was wrong lol.

The 2gb versions are around 100 - 120 Euros cheaper on the website I'm buying at.

Ninjaxl@ - I already have a 3-slots GTX 570 from ASUS, and since I'm upgrading from a CM 690 to a Storm Trooper, the size won't be an issue.
    Why would you buy a card that takes 3 slots and have worse components than the Lightning for the exact same price ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127693
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    The main reason for a performance drop when overclocking the memory is the Error Correction Code that Kepler has. After a certain point and errors become prevalent it actually slows down to the rate it can properly correct the errors in the memory. It's also why after a certain point you get a performance decline even without artifacting.
    ECC is even on the 2GB cards and that function just clocks the memory down if it's not stable/artifacting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    ECC is even on the 2GB cards and that function just clocks the memory down if it's not stable/artifacting.
    Yes, but more memory means its more prone for errors. Last I checked though it was only the Core clock that dropped if it was unstable. If the drivers crash it can sometimes be forced into a lower power state as well.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-01-09 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Yes, but more memory means its more prone for errors. Last I checked though it was only the Core clock that dropped if it was unstable. If the drivers crash it can sometimes be forced into a lower power state as well.
    Which I said before? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Which I said before? :P
    I don't see it? :P I did ctrl + f and searched for "error" on the first page In any case, I'm done with this thread. I only intended to provide further clarification and such so if you want to tear apart what I said go for it. Hope it makes you feel better