Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They need LFR for old raids

I think it would be fun if you can queue for old raids to find random people to do it with.

The queue would put you with as many people as necessary. Example.. if you queue as 90, it'll pair you with 1 or two other 90's for like bwl or aq40.

If you queue Ulduar ( 10 man ) itll put you with 1 or 2 others, if you queue ulduar 25, youll get paired with 7-8 other 90's.. or whatever they feel you can clear safely.

Obviously you don't have to queue with strangers if you dn't want, but it's a nice OPTION to have for ppl who feel like randomly doing old raids with CRZ with similar interests.

Want to do Naxx but cant find others and don't want to solo? Itll pair you with people, preferbly different class for balance and loot.

Since it'll be OPTIONAL, you can't keep saying omg dumb idea, hope they dont do it.. it wont AFFECT YOU in anyways, it'll just bring more options to do old raids.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:13 AM ----------

And you can get an option to get paired with 60's 70's who want to twink.. if you choose the option to group with them instead of your lvl people, you get extra rewards for "carrying" them.

As good as this sounds... They should at least try to keep some aspects of the game not included in the 'insta-queue button press' garbage. >_>

I'd rather see all older raids scaled up for max level (i.e. just by increasing health and damage of all mobs/bosses) LFR. Then, when you queue in LFR, you get a HUGE list. And have them drop slightly lower ilvl gear than current tier LFR so that it is not in direct competition with new raids.

Just my opinion.

Deleted
    Only as long as it doesn't drop the same gear as it did on Heroic.

It's a nice thought, but how long would the queue take to fill the raid, even if it wasn't set to the appropriate level?

It would have to be unlocked to anyone above the level the raid was intended for to even have a small chance at getting a group together. The only way I could see that happening at all is if it was restricted to 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    It's a nice thought, but how long would the queue take to fill the raid, even if it wasn't set to the appropriate level?

It would have to be unlocked to anyone above the level the raid was intended for to even have a small chance at getting a group together. The only way I could see that happening at all is if it was restricted to 10 man.
    Queue wouldn't take long at all, like i said, most ppl who do old raids are 85-90.. it would only queue with 1.. MAYBE 2 others, so it'll go fast.. not to mention some wouldn't even bother, pairing people up would make it a fast queue.. something fun abnd optional.

So many times I want to do FL, or naxx, but no one is interested and i dont want to solo.. that happens quite a lot I bet to many people, so you have the option of queuing and doing it... probably more complicated that it seems for the pairing process, but don't see why it can't happen

Deleted
    I don't see this working. Yes, people like to do old raids and stuff, but I think the queue would be horribly long :\ Interesting concept though. Perhaps if they made LFR level 90 versions, it would be awesome, because we could experience old content up-to-date and the old versions would still be in the world so you could do transmog runs/reminisce in them! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    As good as this sounds... They should at least try to keep some aspects of the game not included in the 'insta-queue button press' garbage. >_>
    Why? How does having an LFR group for older raids impact your ability to make a regular PuG for those raids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

There is no point teaming up a level 60 and two level 90 in order to do BLW in LFR. That's not raiding, that's boosting.

Having 40 level60 in queue in LFR in order to do a vanilla raid, It makes more sense, but there are way too many problems that come with that system which makes it not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Care to elaborate on why?
    It's not like LFR/LFD as a thing were just made to make everyone feel better :x They were made because people weren't even looking at content they sunk tons of money into :x

LFR is made for people that don't have enough time to experience the content. ROFLstomping MC is not experiencing the content. There is no strategy involved and it doesn't make any sense. That's the reason why you can't queue for low level dungeons as level 90 with LFD as well.

Seems like there would be way too many variables. How would you determine when the group is complete? A total level count? (2 80s, + 1 90 + 1 60 = 310 total level) I feel like some days you'd have lots of interest and other days none. Also, a lot of people (myself included) run older content for specific pieces of transmog gear/legendaries, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time running with a bunch of strangers who are there for the same items when I could just grab a couple of friends and bang it out without the drama.

Deleted
    Or they could implement a way of scaling down to the level of the raid similar to the way it works for challenge modes, they did mention at the start of MoP maybe having something in the future for say 10 level 90s group up and enter karazhan, who then get scaled down to aproximatley level 70 power, they just wanted there to be a reason to do it and weren't sure how to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    LFR is made for people that don't have enough time to experience the content. ROFLstomping MC is not experiencing the content. There is no strategy involved and it doesn't make any sense. That's the reason why you can't queue for low level dungeons as level 90 with LFD as well.
    Uhhh.. ppl run those for items.... it does make sense if you don't want to solo/can't find others. its also OPTIONAL.. IT WONT FRIGGIN AFFECT YOU IN ANY WAY.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Seems like there would be way too many variables. How would you determine when the group is complete? A total level count? (2 80s, + 1 90 + 1 60 = 310 total level) I feel like some days you'd have lots of interest and other days none. Also, a lot of people (myself included) run older content for specific pieces of transmog gear/legendaries, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time running with a bunch of strangers who are there for the same items when I could just grab a couple of friends and bang it out without the drama.
    You'll likely get queue with different armour class people etc... since you will only get paired with 1 other, MAYBE 1 more for later raids. Im sure they can find a way to match up nicely peoples interest.. etc.

If you dont want to waste your time duh... then you wouldn't queue for it -_-.. why are ppl so slow on this? IF YOU DONT WANT IT, YUO WONT HAVE TO DO IT.. you can still form your own groups / solo geez....

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Uhhh.. ppl run those for items.... it does make sense if you don't want to solo/can't find others. its also OPTIONAL.. IT WONT FRIGGIN AFFECT YOU IN ANY WAY.[COLOR="red"]
    That's what I am saying...LFR was not intended for people that want to run old instances for transmog gear.
    There are a lot of things that we think it's a good idea, and believe me every single one of us in this forum thinks he/she has "The Idea", but in Game Design there is more than just "The Idea". There are problems of technical and design nature, development time and money.
    Optional is a sweet word. However that's not how it works. LFD is optional....yet it isn't.
    If Blizzards feels that there is an absolute need to streamline Transmog gear looting, then they might think of a similar mechanic.

An easy way to do it perhaps would be to queue one of each of the 4 armor classes together for a 4 person group (for the vanilla raids, anyway). That way there would be very little loot drama.

Estimated qeue for 'Black Temple' ; 36 days, 4 hours, 3 seconds....

But... but... that's just more chances for some stranger to ninja the beloved head and shoulder drops that I'm dying to transmog.

I agree for the most recent xpac raids. I never did Dragon Soul at all, and I'd like to now just to see it.

Anything older than that would take FOREVER to get enough people, even if you're not running a full 25. Really old ones, solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    why are ppl so slow on this? IF YOU DONT WANT IT, YUO WONT HAVE TO DO IT.. you can still form your own groups / solo geez....
    And I said I wouldn't do it. I'm not saying I'd throw a hissy fit if Blizzard implemented it, I just wouldn't use it. I assume you started this thread looking for actual discussion about your idea, and that kind of response to legitimate criticism isn't going to lead to any kind of productive discourse.