Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The same people that dinged 90 geared that fast over the course of a weekend were the same people that were already going into the NORMAL raids in the first week of the expac, so... thanks for proving my point?
    Umm... what? I'm talking about last weekend. I dinged on Friday the 4th of January and was ready for LFR by Sunday the 6th of January.

What point of yours does that prove genius?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Even if you somehow were so lazy you could never bother getting any valor gear (because getting honored is hard), or buy a 496 on AH, there's still Item Upgrading for those who somehow think that heroics and LFR is the whole game.
    Then again the LFR iLvl requirement was reduced for MSV, might happen for ToT. I'd say 476-479.
    Did you read the post you quoted? He did talk about upgrading.

Works for me.

No, crafted for heroics.
    Heroics for normal raids.

Kind of like it's been since, well, BC, since heroics were only introduced there.
    So, just to recap, you think that LFR would be much better if people were decked in 450 blues that you can get at level 89 from questing in dread wastes than they are in heroic blues which take 3 days at worst to compile?

Are you like... an idiot?

EDIT: Where is my infracted message? I want to congratulate that mod personally.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-09 at 12:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why do people keep calling it "TK", Isn't the raid called Throne of Thunder?

That's just confusing.
    The correct term would be TTK, since TT/ToT is already taken by the Throne of Tides dungeon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fair enough, will be interested to see how much the increase is though.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Even if you somehow were so lazy you could never bother getting any valor gear (because getting honored is hard), or buy a 496 on AH, there's still Item Upgrading for those who somehow think that heroics and LFR is the whole game.
    Then again the LFR iLvl requirement was reduced for MSV, might happen for ToT. I'd say 476-479.
    I'm exalted with every Pandaren faction on my main, so I don't really have a problem with a doing a daily or three. But there are many, MANY people on this forum alone that abhor doing dailies and farming rep, especially if you're start talking alts here.

And as I said, with a 1000VP cap a week, you can upgrade 2 pieces every 3 weeks at most, so you'll get there eventually, but that isn't exactly a quick process. And that's also assuming RNG doesn't hand you a big steaming pile of 28g 50s time after time so that you even have something to upgrade in the first place.

Seriously 486 is too difficult? My alt shaman is 489 and he has only ever entered one quick mogushan vaults. It's incredibly easy to get to! There's this thing called Sha of Anger in Kun Lai that can drop 496 as well! Even simply upgrading a few items people will reach 486.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Folks....donot assume because it is 486 on the PTR, it will be that when 5.2 goes live. I really think the level requirement will be more like 480.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    So, just to recap, you think that LFR would be much better if people were decked in 450 blues that you can get at level 89 from questing in dread wastes than they are in heroic blues which take 3 days at worst to compile?

Are you like... an idiot?
    Are you implying that LFR is so hard that you need to spend as much time gearing for it as you do for normal mode? Because that 460 iLvL you farmed up over a weekend? That's good enough to get into the 5.0 entry level raid, MSV.

Which was my point from a few threads back.

So which is it? Is LFR some kind of srs bzn that we need to farm incessently to do, or is it casual ezmode for window lickers. Because it can't be both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komic View Post
    Seriously 486 is too difficult? My alt shaman is 489 and he has only ever entered one quick mogushan vaults. It's incredibly easy to get to! There's this thing called Sha of Anger in Kun Lai that can drop 496 as well! Even simply upgrading a few items people will reach 486.
    That's a blatant lie, it's not possible to get 489 avg, since there aren't valor items for every slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Good idea :')
    "Do normal-mode so you can enter LFR which you are raiding because you don't have the time/guild for Normal-mode!"
    Seems like you are deliberately misinterpreting me but I'll bite.

Throne of Thunder requires an ilvl of 486. MSV normal can easily be completed in 465 or even 470 if you are that worried about it.

Even assuming you only have time to do LFR, and you need a few extra pieces to push 480-486, you are overgeared and the first three bosses at least would be push overs you could do in similar if not less time than you are currently spending on LFR.

I'm not suggesting you join a progression guild, just make a PuG and down Stone Guard and Feng each week for some free purples.

And this is ignoring Galleon/Sha/New world boss which will give out loot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's a blatant lie, it's not possible to get 489 avg, since there aren't valor items for every slot.
    It is if you have Sha epics in two of those slots... read a book for wunce

There's most and you can upgrade gear. And if you noticed I pointed out how you can do Sha in like 15 min weekly and get a fairly good chance at 496 tier gear. 483 isn't that difficult even if you never enter the 3 raids currently available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komic View Post

486 is too high for those who donot do normal raids. LFR is suppose to be for those who want to be casual raiders, who donot do normal raids. If 486 remains when 5.2 goes live, I predict this will be a large mistake by Blizzard. I guess 486 can be reached if you pound out all the factions dailies everyday. But if that is the case, just change the name of WoW to WoD ( World of Dailycraft ).:P Players are going to get sick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm exalted with every Pandaren faction on my main, so I don't really have a problem with a doing a daily or three. But there are many, MANY people on this forum alone that abhor doing dailies and farming rep, especially if you're start talking alts here.

And as I said, with a 1000VP cap a week, you can upgrade 2 pieces every 3 weeks at most, so you'll get there eventually, but that isn't exactly a quick process. And that's also assuming RNG doesn't hand you a big steaming pile of 28g 50s time after time so that you even have something to upgrade in the first place.
    The issue I see, that'll require some real fine tuning from Blizzard.

LFR for 5.0 content was 460/470, but items from HC raids as far as 502/509/516.
    Now, how will this look like in tier t16 or even t17?
    LFR t16/17 as low as 520 but HC loot at 600+? The iLvl difference will end up making people in LFR loot unable to do the raid on Normal.

So, either LFR iLvl jumps by a significant amount like it did now (486) or it risks causing a cascade effect of low LFR reqs but exponentially increasing ilvl from HC raids.

We'll see.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Are you implying that LFR is so hard that you need to spend as much time gearing for it as you do for normal mode? Because that 460 iLvL you farmed up over a weekend? That's good enough to get into the 5.0 entry level raid, MSV.

Which was my point from a few threads back.

So which is it? Is LFR some kind of srs bzn that we need to farm incessently to do, or is it casual ezmode for window lickers. Because it can't be both.
    Are you implying that ever tier of LFR is the same difficulty despite them having different ilvl requirements? Do I seriously have to spell myself out like I would to a small child?

Heroics dont take work to get 460 ilvl. Thats like 2 days and is natural progression, you dont need enchants or anything, its definitely not the same as gearing for normal mode - just because people did normal in 463 (different to 460) doesn't mean its possible by the average player. Generally MSV is closer to 465+.

So spend a couple days in heroics, or less if you have some justice points, get 460 and do LFR. It's not hard.

That being said, there are some dps/healing brackets you need to hit on bosses like Gara'jal in LFR that 450 ilvl players could potentially compromise. The system works.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    486 is too high for those who donot do normal raids. LFR is suppose to be for those who want to be casual raiders, who donot do normal raids. If 486 remains when 5.2 goes live, I predict this will be a large mistake by Blizzard. I guess 486 can be reached if you pound out all the factions dailies everyday. But if that is the case, just change the name of WoW to WoD ( World of Dailycraft ).:P Players are going to get sick of it.
    Just because you can't be 486 the day 5.2 is out doesn't mean you won't be 486 eventually.

There is a difference between "I'll never be able to do the new LFR!" and "I won't be able to the do the new LFR on the day it releases because I have chosen not to do any normal mode raids, dailies or buy crafted epics and instead just farm the normal LFR once a week".

Maybe if you look close enough you can spot it.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-08 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5.1 factions offer 496 valor gear as do the world bosses. Malevolent PvP gear with 2x conq upgrade is 491. You could also get gear from BMAH if you have the gold.

Thats right, for the others there´s 496 gear (except weapons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I thought the 5.0 requirement of 460/470 for LFR was already too high. 460 iLvL is basically decked out in mostly heroic blues from 5-mans, which is what the 4.0 NORMAL mode raids were tuned for people to get in and start downing bosses and getting 489/496 gear.

Then you have LFR, something that is often categorized as a cesspool of window-licking mouth-breathers since the target demographic are the casuals and baddies, with the random 'real' raider mingling with the unwashed masses because they want to help cap their VP or speed up completing their 2p/4p bonuses. Basically raiding on EZMODE!

So then why does the entry level LFR have essentially the same requirement to get into as the entry level normal modes? Why isn't the required iLvL 450, which would imply that you are at least wearing a full set of the crafted 450 blues (or better) and the 450 weapon from Arena of Annihilation (or better)?

But okay, so say I did my farming, I got my 460, then my 470, and I've farmed the shit out of HoF/ToES on LFR and I have 100% of my slots decked out with 483's.

That makes my iLvL a 483, which still isn't good enough to meet the 486 requirement for the new LFR.

Yes, I know, VP upgrades will get you there, but that also assumes you have 483 in every slot. RNG is RNG and how many of us go week after week with nothing but 28g 50s to show for their boss kills?)

Or, spend VP on the VP gear, which is also true, but as people like to toss out so frequently, "VP Gear is not required. You should raid for raid gear" so you can't assume that either.

So does it strike anyone else as odd how high the iLvL for LFR, aka casual ezmode free loot for queueing, seems to be, especially for 5.2?
    While I applaud this point, I'd like to point out while rng is rng and there will always be someone that never gets a drop and someone who always gets what they want, 486 ilvl is 486 ilvl. You can easily attain this with minor luck and valor points spending and/or item upgrades on the way there. Sure there are people that wish to not "utilize the valor points because it's not required" but realize again that the target demographic for lfr includes people that don't believe in this philosophy.
    Thus you're talking about a very small minority of people that are too casual to get into a normal mode raiding guild, but refuse to improve their character beyond loot drops. And to be fair, these minorities either need to buck up and get some better gear or change their philosophy or fall behind a couple weeks when 5.2 hits. It's their choice, so we shouldn't be rewarding them for gimping themselves, even if lfr is ultra easy hyper lolmode raiding.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Are you implying that ever tier of LFR is the same difficulty despite them having different ilvl requirements? Do I seriously have to spell myself out like I would to a small child?

Heroics dont take work to get 460 ilvl. Thats like 2 days and is natural progression, you dont need enchants or anything, its definitely not the same as gearing for normal mode - just because people did normal in 463 (different to 460) doesn't mean its possible by the average player. Generally MSV is closer to 465+.

So spend a couple days in heroics, or less if you have some justice points, get 460 and do LFR. It's not hard.

That being said, there are some dps/healing brackets you need to hit on bosses like Gara'jal in LFR that 450 ilvl players could potentially compromise. The system works.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:54 AM ----------

Just because you can't be 486 the day 5.2 is out doesn't mean you won't be 486 eventually.

There is a difference between "I'll never be able to do the new LFR!" and "I won't be able to the do the new LFR on the day it releases because I have chosen not to do any normal mode raids, dailies or buy crafted epics and instead just farm the normal LFR once a week".

Maybe if you look close enough you can spot it.
    I am not concerned with being 486 when it goes live. I think 486 is too high and I predict it will not be that high when it goes live. Maybe you have had better luck with the present LFR runs and have got lucky with Sha Tier drops, but donot assume everyone can easily " eventually" get to 486. It's a very bad idea to raise it to 486 and I donot have to look hard to see that.:P