Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    I'm curious as to what makes you think it's the naga. As far as I have seen, there has been no hinting about this. It could be cool though

That scene with Wrathion in the secret bar makes me think Burning Legion, but that could come later
    im curious what made you think pandas expansion was coming out when we were in cata?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're* on the internet. I'm correcting you because you're also pretentious of telling him to get off his high chair and calling things, while calling the company that makes the game "Lazy"

And he has a point. Blizzard ISN'T lazy, do please get that idea out of your head. And all the arrows have been pointing to a Legion xpac next, including headers by Blizzard saying things like "Doom Lord Kazzak is preparing" and "Turalyon and Alleria will be making a comeback soon(tm)". Dunno where you've been brosky.
    oh i made a spelling mistake did i?
    how could i??? how could i do such a thing??
    oh no the pain
    the agony..

somebody call the care police.. i deserve to go to jail for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    yea, I'M calling it now that it will be another burning legion themed expac. one where we might be trekking through the twisting nether to other worlds maybe even to Argus.

They would be very smart not to do that. Outland has the worst zones in the game due to the atmosphere (outside of nagrand). If they want their next xpac to fail hard, by all means return to those type of zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    They would be very smart not to do that. Outland has the worst zones in the game due to the atmosphere (outside of nagrand). If they want their next xpac to fail hard, by all means return to those type of zones.
    That is your opinion, not a fact. TBC is also many people's favorite expansion. Personally I've been waiting forever for them to finally add the demon hunter to the game. That + fighting fighting burning legion + final boss being Sargeras = my new fav expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Last I checked, Argus isn't a blown up planet like Outland. They'd probably have one sci-fi zone in the twisting nether and then argus could be the next world.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

HEY blizzard if you somehow are reading this from your space cloud LISTEN UP!

GIMMIE DEMON HUNTERS

yeah you heard me! thats my only request if you do that you have free reign to do whatever the hell you want with the rest of the expansion make naaru actually icecream monsters from planet choco syrup make medan warchief, make thrall a super saiyan and make the titans raptors and sargeras a penguin HELL make elune a murloc just gimmie my demon hunters.

KTHXBAI @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    im curious what made you think pandas expansion was coming out when we were in cata?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:05 AM ----------

oh i made a spelling mistake did i?
    how could i??? how could i do such a thing??
    oh no the pain
    the agony..

somebody call the care police.. i deserve to go to jail for this..
    pandaria is actually unique because unlike wrath and cata pandaria was supposed to be the expansion AFTER this one something happened during development and blizzard changed their minds.

in bc there were tons of little hints pointing towards northrend my favorite was this
    Alicia's Poem

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am in a thousand winds that blow,
    across Northrend's bright and shining snow.
    I am the gentle showers of rain,
    on Westfall's fields of golden grain.
    I am in the morning hush,
    of Stranglethorn's jungle, green and lush.
    I am in the drums loud and grand,
    the thunderous hooves across Nagrand.
    I am the stars warmly gleaming,
    over Darnassus softly dreaming.
    I am in the birds that sing,
    I am in each lovely thing.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there. I do not die.

that was from a quest in bc.

in wrath there were tons of black dragon stuff.

in cata there were a bunch of demon hunter stuff im willing to bet it wouldve been burning legion related or maybe naga related there were lots of naga stuff too
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    The Black Prince of Bel Air told me that the new expansion would feature the Andi panda kid from my Tillers farm becoming infused with some sort of burning legion, shadow, frost, turnip, yadayada...

I saw Wrathion with the globe and yea it did seem like there was massive fel energy bombing Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the next xpack will have a russian / mogul theme, or burning legion...

just saying, we may have to side with an old god to burn the legion, then then the weakened old god(S) might turn on us...but because weakened...
    then the titans show up and tell us no way in hell are they letting us destroy the planet as the parasitic relationship has become permanent...
    so we will need to beat the weakened old gods back into their prisons.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I'm calling it now. [...]
    See you in another virtual world.

Just like the title says i reckon the next expansion both horde and alliance will be able to use The Naga as a race.
    Why do you reckon, oh Great Deity superstarz?

i'm not sure if they would introduce another new character because blizzard are lazy.
    (That's not the only thing you're not sure about in this context.) Why are Blizzard "lazy"? Borderline trolling.

but you heard it here first the naga.
    No, I did not hear it first here. I was having a conversation with a friend about what the next expansion was about and I suggested Naga. I was doing something akin to what you are doing: checking his response since he is very knowledgeable on lore and has been right on the ball in foresights what next expansion will be about. Needless to say he disagreed with me, and he provided a plausible alternative the next expansion is going to be about but that is irrelevant to this topic. Let me repeat to make it very clear to you: you are not the first who believes this, and also, those who thought of this idea before have had likely a better argument than your baseless one you posted here.

what do you guys think?
    I think you posted a very bad start post for a discussion. You didn't even bother to use any kind of intelligent fallacy, let alone argument. You didn't post an argument. You have no theory. Nothing. Nada. You're hiding your insecurity on the subject to post one-liner. It is, again, borderline trolling and certainly not a good starting point to discuss the subject. It could be wishful thinking on your behalf, you could be using this thread to form an opinion or to strengthen your opinion on either way of the subject, but it simply isn't a good way to start a solid discussion.

As for the topic, if it is true I do hope Blizzard learned a lot from Vashj'ir. Possibly they reuse content from the Vashj'ir raid. It striked me the Naga weren't a playable race in WoW (they are in WC3 and have interesting lore) but OTOH they are part of WoW.

I think there is more evidence for Legion than Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    I think there is more evidence for Legion than Naga.
    definitely i mean a globe of azeroth with infernals raining down on it.

not like there are other armies of demons out their and not like this is the first time weve seen this or do people forget the old warcraft intro where the orc and human are fighting and an infernal falls out of the sky. or hell shadowmoon valleys sky has them everywhere.

plus blizzard said alleria and turalyon would show up next expansion where were they last seen? jumping into a portal to fight the legion.

if the next expansion ISNT the burning legion its almost like a huge bait and switch
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    [...]

in bc there were tons of little hints pointing towards northrend my favorite was this
    Alicia's Poem

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am in a thousand winds that blow,
    across Northrend's bright and shining snow.
    I am the gentle showers of rain,
    on Westfall's fields of golden grain.
    I am in the morning hush,
    of Stranglethorn's jungle, green and lush.
    I am in the drums loud and grand,
    the thunderous hooves across Nagrand.
    I am the stars warmly gleaming,
    over Darnassus softly dreaming.
    I am in the birds that sing,
    I am in each lovely thing.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there. I do not die.

[...]
    Haha, classic! A friend of me really digged this poem. That it is to say, she loved the original version dating back to 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    I've said this allready D:
    Aszhara will be a harbringer of the Legion with Demons invading azeroth and we need to fight against her.
    Turalyon and Alleria ( spelling on those two? D: ) and ofcourse Illidian will be the heads of the new class that's needed to repel the demons, the demon hunter.
    Correct on most. The class is MUCH more likely to be the warden though as we have Maiev still "at large". Demon hunter would be a non caster cloth/leather wearing class of which in the case of the former there are none (so would need a conversion talent baked in which would be a bit... cheesy) or in the case of leather a 4th agi leather wearer right on the back of the last one.
    For some reason there's a lot of the player base seem to expect demon hunter to mean a more badass ranged hunter class or something when it clearly wouldn't.

The naga link with the legion though is a fair one. It ties up quite a few loose ends:

1) What is Azshara doing with the elemental plane of water?
    2) What is the last old god we haven't seen planning to do with the naga
    3) Azshara was the (then) high elf that brought the legion to azeroth
    4) She still lives somewhere around the ruins of the well of eternity which is the easiest portal the legion have for a push against azeroth.

It wouldn't take too much of a stretch for her messing with the elemental plane of water to be related to trying to create another well/similar which once she has control of the elemental plane of water she is able to do thus bringing in demons in order to get at a very potent source of magic. An expansion that starts with the tidying up of the naga story leading to a final confrontation that reveals the start of another clash with the legion would definitely cover the plot needs of an expansion. The push through the wells gateway would then be a natural successor, probably leading up to a final showdown with Sergeras. There's still a good... 3? 4? years worth of wow they could get from that. With Sergeras down they can either put wow out to pasture at that point or push it further into a "tracking down the titans" story arc.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-01-09 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not, like seriously I really really hope not. Burning Legion for the win. Everything is pointing in that direction at least

calling naga as next expansion is getting old.. people are calling naga on every xpack, so that one day you can be like"ha i knew it!!".
    just like the end of the world-doomsdayers :P

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Correct on most. The class is MUCH more likely to be the warden though as we have Maiev still "at large". Demon hunter would be a non caster cloth/leather wearing class of which in the case of the former there are none (so would need a conversion talent baked in which would be a bit... cheesy) or in the case of leather a 4th agi leather wearer right on the back of the last one.
    For some reason there's a lot of the player base seem to expect demon hunter to mean a more badass ranged hunter class or something when it clearly wouldn't.
    warden would make for an awful class its pretty much a rogue that wears plate for some weird reason. plus its virtually unknown and never asked for blizzard has always added in something that ALOT of people have asked for.

blood elves, goblins, death knights, brewmasters, pandaren. all some of the most asked for things to be added to wow since vanilla in fact pandaren and demon hunter have been THE MOST asked for things which means demon hunter is the most likely class out of all of the possible classes.

the 2nd moast asked for class is probably something like a dragonsworn or maybe a battle mage.

plus demon hunters have tons of lore to be worked around and theyve been hinted at in multiple quests and by multiple npcs in both cata and mists. for example theres a pandaren in the monk zone that says "i wanted to be a demon hunter"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Leather? Doubt it.

Amount of cloth users: 3 (mage, lock, priest)
    Amount of leather users: 3 (monk, druid, rogue)
    Amount of mail users: 2 (hunter, shaman)
    Amount of plate users: 3 (dk, pala, warrior)

They won't fix pala healing gear problem (it isn't a problem for the hpala themselves ironically). It would surprise me if Blizz would make this mistake in their next game. They'll keep it as "minor nuisance" but meanwhile you got one armor type only used by 2 classes instead of 3. My take: the 12th class will be Mail armor type.

A demon hunter wouldn't necessarily have to be a ranged-only class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Aszhara may be the harbinger of the burning legion but with events in Vashjir it seems she is working more for the old gods, and demon hunters are already in the game.....they are called warlocks.
    I'm fairly certain that after she was transformed she lost any connection with the Burning Legion. Plus, the Old Gods wouldn't deal with the Legion either. They want their world, they don't want it destroyed, which is what the Legion ultimately wants. There's the possibility of them tricking them, but I doubt that an Old God servant would be their harbinger. The Old Gods work in much less direct ways than that. They prefer manipulation.

if you havent noticed..
    mist of pandaria is about pandas..
    Should probably get those glasses checked mate... the only zone that actually focused on pandaren would be Valley of the Four Winds. Every other zone's about the sha, the Alliance / Horde, the yaungol, the mogu, or the mantid. Doesn't seem much like it's about the pandaren :P

Yeah pandaren are in all these zones, but they aren't the focus (IE those zones aren't about pandaren). You can replace the pandaren with any other race that's allied with the players and the plot wouldn't change aside from replacing the pandaren with these guys. The plot's made revolving around the conflict (as most plots are), and the pandaren are not such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I still say mope is about pandas.
    You also need your glasses checked, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Leather? Doubt it.

Amount of cloth users: 3 (mage, lock, priest)
    Amount of leather users: 3 (monk, druid, rogue)
    Amount of mail users: 2 (hunter, shaman)
    Amount of plate users: 3 (dk, pala, warrior)

They won't fix pala healing gear problem (it isn't a problem for the hpala themselves ironically). It would surprise me if Blizz would make this mistake in their next game. They'll keep it as "minor nuisance" but meanwhile you got one armor type only used by 2 classes instead of 3. My take: the 12th class will be Mail armor type.

A demon hunter wouldn't necessarily have to be a ranged-only class.
    Demon hunters in warcraft wouldn't be ranged... they carry around giant warglaives, it's hard for them to do stuff at ranged

Plus that's how they were portrayed in the RPG and in encounters during TBC... It'd be a pretty weird curveball for them to suddenly have the capability to be ranged fighters.

And I always felt like they dropped the ball on mail. Only the wealthiest or highest ranked soldiers wore plate. I always felt like mail on a non-tank warrior or paladin (since tanks always seemed like they'd fit that "CO" position, to me) would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm fairly certain that after she was transformed she lost any connection with the Burning Legion. Plus, the Old Gods wouldn't deal with the Legion either. They want their world, they don't want it destroyed, which is what the Legion ultimately wants. There's the possibility of them tricking them, but I doubt that an Old God servant would be their harbinger. The Old Gods work in much less direct ways than that. They prefer manipulation.

Should probably get those glasses checked mate... the only zone that actually focused on pandaren would be Valley of the Four Winds. Every other zone's about the sha, the Alliance / Horde, the yaungol, the mogu, or the mantid. Doesn't seem much like it's about the pandaren :P

Yeah pandaren are in all these zones, but they aren't the focus (IE those zones aren't about pandaren). You can replace the pandaren with any other race that's allied with the players and the plot wouldn't change aside from replacing the pandaren with these guys. The plot's made revolving around the conflict (as most plots are), and the pandaren are not such.

You also need your glasses checked, sir!

Demon hunters in warcraft wouldn't be ranged... they carry around giant warglaives, it's hard for them to do stuff at ranged

Plus that's how they were portrayed in the RPG and in encounters during TBC... It'd be a pretty weird curveball for them to suddenly have the capability to be ranged fighters.

And I always felt like they dropped the ball on mail. Only the wealthiest or highest ranked soldiers wore plate. I always felt like mail on a non-tank warrior or paladin (since tanks always seemed like they'd fit that "CO" position, to me) would be appropriate.
    it be very easy to make demon hunters wear mail it even says in the rpg books that some of them wore mail

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Naga were established as an expansion theme a long time ago. Will it be this next expansion? Perhaps.