Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it be very easy to make demon hunters wear mail it even says in the rpg books that some of them wore mail
    Not even talking about that mate! I remember reading something like that... I'm mainly just on a rant about how there's no strength mail and that somehow all of the foot soldiers of the alliance and horde have (what basically have to be fairly) custom-made suits of plate armor. Military-contracted blacksmiths must make a fucking fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Leather? Doubt it.

Amount of cloth users: 3 (mage, lock, priest)
    Amount of leather users: 3 (monk, druid, rogue)
    Amount of mail users: 2 (hunter, shaman)
    Amount of plate users: 3 (dk, pala, warrior)

They won't fix pala healing gear problem (it isn't a problem for the hpala themselves ironically). It would surprise me if Blizz would make this mistake in their next game. They'll keep it as "minor nuisance" but meanwhile you got one armor type only used by 2 classes instead of 3. My take: the 12th class will be Mail armor type.

A demon hunter wouldn't necessarily have to be a ranged-only class.
    My point was that it would likely be another mail wearing class. Probably ranged. Neither of those even remotely sound like a demon hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm fairly certain that after she was transformed she lost any connection with the Burning Legion. Plus, the Old Gods wouldn't deal with the Legion either. They want their world, they don't want it destroyed, which is what the Legion ultimately wants. There's the possibility of them tricking them, but I doubt that an Old God servant would be their harbinger. The Old Gods work in much less direct ways than that. They prefer manipulation.
    The whole reason the old gods were all for the legion coming to azeroth was so that they could use the magic/energy from the well/portal opening to break the magic the titans were holding them with.

it be very easy to make demon hunters wear mail it even says in the rpg books that some of them wore mail
    Which books? (Not saying your wrong but I could say "well, look at all the demon hunters in game, none of them wear mail"). It's hardly completely cannon and un-bendable but: http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_hunter

Read sections on equipment and weaponary.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    My point was that it would likely be another mail wearing class. Probably ranged. Neither of those even remotely sound like a demon hunter.
    no it will likely be something alot of people want and been asking for.

now ask yourself everytime someone asks "whats the next class gonna be" and go back and check how almost eveytime demon hunter is at the top of that list.

blizzard is in this business to make money and if there is one thing that will bring in money its demon hunters. their old school so they bring in the old warcraft crowd, their related to illidan so all the "bc was teh bestest" crowd are guaranteed to buy it just to check it out, there badass samurai warriors with demonic powers and some of the coolest weapons in the game so that brings in the ninja turtle crowd.

demon hunters ooze money and blizzard likes money
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    The whole reason the old gods were all for the legion coming to azeroth was so that they could use the magic/energy from the well/portal opening to break the magic the titans were holding them with.
    Mmmyep. That also failed miserably. The Old Gods would probably be wary of attempting to use them a second time, ESPECIALLY after the Legion returned, and failed again!

no it will likely be something alot of people want and been asking for.

now ask yourself everytime someone asks "whats the next class gonna be" and go back and check how almost eveytime demon hunter is at the top of that list.

blizzard is in this business to make money and if there is one thing that will bring in money its demon hunters. their old school so they bring in the old warcraft crowd, their related to illidan so all the "bc was teh bestest" crowd are guaranteed to buy it just to check it out, there badass samurai warriors with demonic powers and some of the coolest weapons in the game so that brings in the ninja turtle crowd.

demon hunters ooze money and blizzard likes money
    The biggest issue with demon hunters though would be that they are social pariahs. It'd take a good bit of convincing of the leaders of the Alliance and Horde for them to be "accepted" into the fold. If they can find a way to do that, then Blizzard's golden. But I'd say that's a relatively big "if."

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I'm going to disagree and give you some evidence; Wrathion made a globe of the planet, The planet then was pelted with a bunch of meteors which resembles obviously infernals aka Burning legion.

Oh and the new warlock quest could have links to it as well
    Well its not like the naga - albeit when they were less scaly and more elfy- didn't call the burning legion down once before in a bid for power. We've had druid, pally, priest, shaman, dk, monk and rogue factions dealing with major threats in past expansions, maybe the council of the six daggers would much rather rule over demons than vice versa and lead the fight against the legion?

I mean the Klaxxi's shown the factions we can work for dont have to exactly be more than an alliance of convenience for the time y'know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmyep. That also failed miserably. The Old Gods would probably be wary of attempting to use them a second time, ESPECIALLY after the Legion returned, and failed again!
    Depends. What with time travel and all, that might have been the Old Gods from the present trying it out for the first time in the past. Mayhap a trial run, as it were, for a future invasion.

Or if they go for the full on Lovecraftian 'beyond comprehension' stuff, past present and future might be all the same to them.

Which books? (Not saying your wrong but I could say "well, look at all the demon hunters in game, none of them wear mail"). It's hardly completely cannon and un-bendable but: http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_hunter

Read sections on equipment and weaponary.
    on the wowpedia article it says they rarely wear mail and almost never wear plate.

still lore wise all hunters wear leather. the only thing demon hunters really need is attitude, blindfolds, glaives, and tattoos.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    its about pandas.. of course it has storylines of orcs and humans too but this expansion is about pandas..

saying this expansion is about orcs and humans is just like saying every expansions are about PvP because every patch people play PvP
    No. You're missing the point entirely. This expansion is not *about* the Pandaren. The Pandaren race is not the center of the story. The center of the story is the alliance/horde war, and is an allegorical commentary about real-world societies. The expansion is about what happens when people are too hasty to judge others, too quick to cling to biases and prejudices, and the consequences of those choices.

The expansion is a commentary about the very thing happening in this thread: divisive, bitter people coming to a neutral place and completely fucking it up for everyone.

The biggest issue with demon hunters though would be that they are social pariahs. It'd take a good bit of convincing of the leaders of the Alliance and Horde for them to be "accepted" into the fold. If they can find a way to do that, then Blizzard's golden. But I'd say that's a relatively big "if."
    well a demon invasion is probably the easiest way demon killers can be accepted if only partially by society.

Well, despite my objections with type and armour etc the points about "what's wanted" is one fairly well made. In answer to your objection here Death Knights were hardly "A" list celebrities and known merrymakers before wrath.

Well, despite my objections with type and armour etc the points about "what's wanted" is one fairly well made. In answer to your objection here Death Knights were hardly "A" list celebrities and known merrymakers before wrath.
    tbh im very biased when it comes to demon hunters. demon hunters and pandaren have been my most wanted things since wow came out

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    If you follow the ol' leaked Blizzard timeline, the next xpac is due to launch in the same quarter as the mysterious Titan. I don't see how Blizzard would want to launch both titles simultaneously unless the next WoW installment is strong enough to keep the playerbase interested in both games.
    Mike Morhaime (sp?) and others at Blizzard have already stated that Titan will be a new intellectual property, and that what they are aiming for is something that will easily co-exist with WoW for quite a while. They are not making something that all the WoW players will want to drop everything and flock to. If we consider the current IP's that are under Blizz's roof (WC, SC, Diablo) while there is a significant group that play and enjoy all three, there are some that only like one, plus the untapped market of those who don't like either, or who will be new to gaming around Titan's launch.

TLDR: They don't need to keep people interested in both. They will be apples/oranges and will co-exist mutually exclusive of each other.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    due to lack of villian for MOP.. i think blizzard needs a recoup for thier story line back to something people are interested in.. outside of arthas.. and the lich king.. i think the legion would be a huge draw
    You mean the lack of a tangible figurehead of "evil". There is a villain. There are many villains. Some are physical, some are intangible. Meditate on this.

you guys O-O just imagine it... chen stormstout... as a demon hunter.. AWESOMENESS OVER 9000!!!! @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I hope its the Naga. I want the Legion to wait one more expansion.

I hope so. I have been wanting a water themed tier ever since Blizzard failed at teasing us with Abyssal Maw.

There doesn't have to be any swimming involved at all, just water themed. Like SSC was. What I also would like is blue/dark blue gear with a lot of water particles splashing and dripping.

Oh I'm well aware of that. It's the only reason I say it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think it's a very long shot that Naga will ever be made a playable race. People forget that they would need to be changed in such a way so that can wear all of the armor and ride all of the mounts in the game. While I'd be on board with Naga as a playable race myself if they did it, I have a hard time imagining that the work involved to make it happen from the artistic side would be worth the benefit.

We'll see.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Somehow it makes me sad, that, being able to ride a mount (besides other things) is necassary to be a playable race. I would love to see Dryards or Zentaurs to be a playable race. They could have the same running wild mount like the worgen, and even could take other players with them. It would be awesome. Would also like to see harpys but same problem there.