Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down Major issue with character slots after this patch

Greetings MMO-Champion community! I've been reading these boards for a long time, and I must say they are much more pleasant than official forums!

Now onto the topic, I'm having a major issue with character slots after this patch. I'm a former subscriber, now preferred. Before this patch I had 8 characters, and selection screen said 8/2. All of them worked.
    Now after this patch, when I logged in, it asked me to activate characters (despite preferred being able to keep all of theirs), or I couldn't play them. So I did. I clicked my main, and he wasn't activated. I clicked again and it activated. But it counted as 2 characters, for clicking twice! I did the same for my sniper before realizing. Then I selected 2 more, and logged off. And when I logged in, 4 were active, and 4 inactive!! And at the bottom it says 6/6 active characters, 2 inactive, and that's not true!

Also it appears preferred players have no CS support at all, which is completely idiotic. I haven't seen one F2P game which doesn't offer this to all players, and I've played a lot of them. I have no in-game support, can't post or PM on forums, on the web only M0-T0 replies with some stupid copy/paste responses. And none of that helps! Also phone, I don't live in US it would cost me a lot of money I don't have.

Anyone got any ideas? This really sucks.

Did anyone else read this and think, "Hmm. I am not surprised."

OT: Email them. It's your only hope.
    Granted. You would have a higher chance of bullseye-ing a womp rat in a T-16 blind folded then receiving help.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always amazed when people come up here to voice their problems that can actually be EASILY FIXED by customer support... They have 1-800 numbers so your argument about not being able to afford the phone call doesn't hold up...

You encountered a bug...Open an in-game ticket or call bioware and they will fix your problem...IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE !

You're welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    I'm always amazed when people come up here to voice their problems that can actually be EASILY FIXED by customer support... They have 1-800 numbers so your argument about not being able to afford the phone call doesn't hold up...

You encountered a bug...Open an in-game ticket or call bioware and they will fix your problem...IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE !

You're welcome !
    You aren't allowed to do that as f2p/preferred.

Thanks HK, I'm doing that right now, and hope a GM replies, rather than the useless M0-T0.
    As for Somebodyelse, I'm preferred, I have no CS access in game! That sucks so much, it could've been easily resolved if they just wanted to do it.

So my best hope is getting a GM via mail, rather than bot.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You're welcome !
    I'm always amazed at how quickly people are willing to put their foot in their mouth with a grossly misinformed opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm always amazed at how quickly people are willing to put their foot in their mouth with a grossly misinformed opinion.
    and then you never seen them again in these sub forums lol

You're welcome !

Also, what 800 number?

From http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200

You can contact our Customer Service team over the phone for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:
    USA: (312)725-5740
    UK: (020) 3564 5481
    Germany: (06999) 991 5590 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)
    France: 01 57 32 47 28 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)

Happy New Year, Love BW/EA CS.

They don't even have a toll free number to call...just checked the US site too (unless a 312 area code number is toll free)...I'm utterly speechless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They don't even have a toll free number to call...just checked the US site too (unless a 312 area code number is toll free)...I'm utterly speechless.
    Want to know what's funnier? If you google "swtor 1 800 number" you can see this in the preview text:

USA, Canada: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867); UK, Germany, France: 00800 ... Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE) ... not listed above, please call the following number: +442035642555 * using a ...
    and then when you go to the page ( http://www.swtor.com/support/form ) it's not on there at all. Hrmmm...I think there are too many shady coincidences to give them credit anymore.

Maybe someone should call that number and give someone at EA a heart attack?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Did anyone else read this and think, "Hmm. I am not surprised."

OT: Email them. It's your only hope.
    Granted. You would have a higher chance of bullseye-ing a womp rat in a T-16 blind folded then receiving help.
    I laughed it's pretty much the screw up service you expect from bioware.
    They must have a motto displayed on their Wall over at EA/Bioware:

- First, Give us something then take it away ( i.e. character access/free makeb),
    - and when you take it away don't forget to throw in some mandatory bugs.
    - Never follow up and only sometimes solve problems after a lengthy and painful process of ignoring customers

Its because to those ignorant people Bioware can do nothing wrong and if they have a problem they are a noob, crying over nothing or want everything handed to them

It's how the blind followers communicate, constant worship, put downs and ignorance.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-01-09 at 04:07 AM.

I think someone commented that if you call the toll free number it directs you to the new number that isnt toll free.

- the horse is dead..

- the horse is dead!!!!

- haha the horse is dead!....

Apparently their own advertised "feature" to keep all characters unlocked didn't got acknowledged by whoever made the makeover for the login screen. I'd guess it's just a bug and even without a bug, having 6 characters free to play as prefered ist still ok for a F2P game.

Thanks a lot for your posts guys!
    I found my issue on the forums too, in Customer Service, but I can't post there.
    So we got a confirmation from Beesodd, that you don't get to keep all characters, only they won't be deleted if you're over the cap:

''Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

The "getting this fixed asap" is for getting the duplicate activations fixed, as this is absolutely a bug.

I hope this helps clarify somewhat and I'm sorry I can't give a more concrete response at this time.
    ''

Quote Originally Posted by MrToxin View Post
    "It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.''
    Oh for the love of &%^$%#%#&^6892.... and here was me thinking they had made a really good choice to help out and encourage their old subs..

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh for the love of &%^$%#%#&^6892.... and here was me thinking they had made a really good choice to help out and encourage their old subs..
    I honestly think that BiowarEA holds some contempt for old subscribers. I think they feel misled by them and feel that if it weren't for them they would have had better input for development. There's been a couple of articles and crap that imply that they feel that way about their player base. I think that they view the people who played in the first 6 months and have since left as a problem population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Me too. And people wonder why my initial reaction is to question everything they do and to never credit them with anything in favor of a player. Possibly it's because every single time something leaks out that seems sketchy, but will help the player, they always respond that it's a bug and then make it worse.

Fuck them, fuck them all. They are god awful people.

Edit:

inb4 "But you still get 6 whole stories for free...lazy hipsters wanting everything for NOTHING, you suck..go die"

Deleted
    Fuck them, fuck them all. They are god awful people.

Edit:

inb4 "But you still get 6 whole stories for free...lazy hipsters wanting everything for NOTHING, you suck..go die"
    LMAO while I don't share your anger I can understand the delusion. I was championing their decision in a few threads. Seems I was too quick to congratulate them. How's it go? Fool me once...etc.

Bloody hell!!!
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-09 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    LMAO while I don't share your anger I can understand the delusion. I was championing their decision in a few threads. Seems I was too quick to congratulate them. How's it go? Fool me once...etc.

Bloody hell!!!
    It just sucks to be someone's harshest critic, yet still be fair and try and give credit where it is due, but yes...fool me twice and all that. I don't really know that I have the heart to continue being reasonable for people that deserve it like you. I'll pretty much not trust a single announcement, memo, word, or whisper that comes from that building regarding this game or really anything they ever do.

It just sucks to be someone's harshest critic, yet still be fair and try and give credit where it is due, but yes...fool me twice and all that. I don't really know that I have the heart to continue being reasonable for people that deserve it like you. I'll pretty much not trust a single announcement, memo, word, or whisper that comes from that building regarding this game or really anything they ever do.
    You know Kitty... I actually don't believe anything they announce until it's in the game as they announced it. I never get bend over by any new "addition" they put into place, not in this game, not in any other game and that leaves me pretty relaxed when it's not coming out as they promised and even more satisfied if it does. If you kick someone laying on the floor.. that person will never be able to show that he can better/ do it different which is why I despise all the constant complaining. People reporting bugs are helpful, people getting their hate over a game on a forum aren't. If you like/ don't like something you best voice it on their forum and in case people can't because they are not subscribed other subscriber can post it for them. No need to get all tangled up in endless discussions about how dead the horse really is.