Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    I'm levelling a Shaman on and off since Wrath (ironically, got to Icecrown today). But, there is one small, cosmetic minor glyph I'd like.

    Glyph of Totemic Hollows
    Teaches Totemic Hollows - Ability: Summons unpowered, empty Air, Earth, Fire and Air that surrounds the Shaman. These totems have no abilities and are untargetable, and do not override any existing, non-hollow totems. Lasts 5 minutes. 10 second cooldown.

    Idea is, that since we no longer have any long-standing totems that go past 1 min, this glyph allows Shaman to use their totems in Roleplay without the annoyance of having to constantly refresh. Potential use in PvE when mindcontrolled to add another spell to use that doesn't hurt the Shaman.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    restoration: a spell that let's you spread riptide on all raidmembers in a 30 yard radius from the initial buffed player (1 min cd)
    u wot m8?

    That would be fucking CRAZY overpowered. Riptide has a very long duration. Essentially, your cooldown would cause most of the raid to have Riptide rolling on them for a third of every fight. Nevermind that Shaman doesn't need more cooldowns, it needs to be redesigned to stop having such a huge proportion of its healing come from HST, HTT and Healing Rain, two of which you have no control over, the latter being necessarily (over-)powerful due to the rest of your arsenal being rather lackluster.

    The Ripple idea mentioned below is interesting, though, and I think it'd be decent to do something like it. Perhaps give Shaman a Swiftmend-esque mechanic on a short-ish cooldown, essentially allowing them to splash healing from anyone who has Riptide rolling on them to any friendly target within x (10?) yards. Only a one-time heal (Chance for Earthliving procs), not the HoT itself. This would give some on-demand burst, it's not fire and forget in the same way that Healing Rain is, and it takes a little bit of thought and/or preplanning from the Shaman.

    If the Ripple CD was short (And the spell cost the same as a CH. Not insane considering the CD, not so cheap that you'd want to spam it when there's not really a lot to be healed), say 10-20 seconds, and perhaps could be reduced by 5-10 seconds for each CH cast, you could then effectively raid heal with your own spells rather than fire-and-forget. Ripple - CH - CH could then become your AoE rotation, rather than Healing Rain - Lightning Bolt.

    Not perfect, I know, but for me, playing my Shaman was incredibly boring, knowing how little impact I had on my healing as a player. This would go some of the way towards shifting the Resto Shaman away from HST, HTT and HR.

    Come to think of it, while we're dreaming of next expansion, I'd also like it if our mastery was changed from Deep Healing to having to do with Ancestral Spirit. Mastery = increased chance (And perhaps strength) of getting an ancestral healing proc. If the power of the proc was based on your spellpower, stats and mastery rather than whatever spell you cast, you could allow all spells to have a chance of benefiting from this mastery, just like they do now with Deep Healing. Perhaps casting Ripple could increase the chance of Mastery procs for 5-6 seconds, or maybe turn the procs into Ripple-like splashes centered on you for 5-6 seconds.

    If Chain Heal could be changed and given an extra jump or two, perhaps increasing the standard maximum jump distance by 50-100% and reducing the mana cost slightly or increasing the Resurgence proc to make using it for AoE healing more viable, that'd also help with moving AoE healing away from Healing Rain and onto active spells. Healing Rain is a spell I despise, but use, due to its power. I'd even be fine if CH's healing was lowered slightly, but dropped off less. As it is now, it's a lackluster spell because it heals only a few people who have to be clustered relatively close, and it's rather expensive. This basically means it's rarely used, unless you hate having a lot of mana or really really need AoE healing, so much so that Healing Rain isn't enough.

    Ascendance and HTT are cooldowns I am fine with preserving. HTT is essentially our version of Tranquility, and Ascendance is sort of like a mini-Tranq. I don't think it's crazy to have two Tranq effects on one healer when said healer has no tank cooldowns. I believe HST should be removed, and instead baked into my proposed new mastery. I also believe Healing Rain should be removed, to be replaced with the proposed Ripple spell and, if necessary, increased power of our other spells to compensate for losing Healing Rain and Deep Healing.

    If all of this happened, I would go back to healing on my Shaman. As it is now, it's simply not fun to heal as a Shaman, for me. I found the TBC days of endlessly spamming CH more fun than this, damnit.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-01-13 at 11:57 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Blooded Fire: Sets the shaman aflame, during this period every attack made against the shaman that is made, the flame will rebound a 100% critical-hit 'Blooded Fire Bolt' towards the damage dealer. upon hit Blooded Fire Bolt will deal double-equaled damage of Spell Power or Attack Power the shaman may have at the time + an increased 5% damage.

    After a successful hit of the spell, Blooded Fire Bolt will leave behind a DoT "Blood Rush". Blood Rush is a Damage over Time spell that deals 15% of the initial damage of Blooded Fire Bolt every 3 seconds of 15 seconds total time.

    Blood Rush also increases base damage done by 5% for 2 minutes.

    Blooded Fire can be used with Ascendance lasts 15 seconds.

    All specs are eligible for this spell
    Hi, are you familiar with either the term "overkill" or "OP"?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 11:23 PM ----------

    I've loved this spell every since I saw it in Rift. It's used by Warden, who are the HoT-based healing class, also whose spells are all water based, so very Shaman-esque. It's called Ripple.

    Ripple: one minute CD, causes your next Riptide to apply to X targets in Y radius around the target. The cooldown and X/Y can be adjusted if it's found to be too OP, or it can simply apply half-strength Riptides. Either way, it's a fun spell. I'd like to see it for Resto.

    If not a new spell, build it into Ascendance. Riptides cast while under the effect of Ascendance apply to up to 5 additional party or raid members within 40 yards for 50% of normal effect.
    Last edited by Selkinor; 2013-01-13 at 11:37 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    u wot m8?

    That would be fucking CRAZY overpowered. Nevermind that Shaman doesn't need more cooldowns, it needs to be redesigned to stop having such a huge proportion of its healing come from HST, HTT and Healing Rain, two of which you have no control over, the latter being necessarily (over-)powerful due to the rest of your arsenal being rather lackluster.

    Yeah, guess you're right ... but hasn't resto shaman evolved to this point ? A healer with a whole bunch of raid-wide OP healing cd's?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    idd you are right but they cost burning embers which make them not really spamable in oposite to LvB
    Build 4 embers. Release 4 consecutive chas bolts for ungodly amounts of damage, fast.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I'm levelling a Shaman on and off since Wrath (ironically, got to Icecrown today). But, there is one small, cosmetic minor glyph I'd like.

    Glyph of Totemic Hollows
    Teaches Totemic Hollows - Ability: Summons unpowered, empty Air, Earth, Fire and Air that surrounds the Shaman. These totems have no abilities and are untargetable, and do not override any existing, non-hollow totems. Lasts 5 minutes. 10 second cooldown.

    Idea is, that since we no longer have any long-standing totems that go past 1 min, this glyph allows Shaman to use their totems in Roleplay without the annoyance of having to constantly refresh. Potential use in PvE when mindcontrolled to add another spell to use that doesn't hurt the Shaman.
    This is similar. http://www.wowhead.com/item=43388

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think EQ is hard to use, there are just some situation where it's not useful, other classes have similiar Problems (Balance Mushrooms for example).
    It's not that EQ is hard to use, it's that it's much easier for an EQ to get wasted or have its value reduced by something as simple as adds moving a smidge to the side.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    I think he wants a spell that summons all four unpowered totems without having to use one of our actual totem spells. Current glyph: use totem, places other 3 unpowered totems. What he wants: spell that summons 4 unpowered totems.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Basic idea for Elemental:
    Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

    Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.
    Ele shamans NEED to be shooting lightning, it'd be way too much to ask for them to lose that flavor. In saying that, i like your idea of earth and fire attunement as a resource system for defensive effects, would make for an interesting tank option IMO (is mentioning shaman tanks taboo?).

    Here are some things i'd like to see for the class:
    All specs:
    I'd like to see 1 of 2 things (Not both) happen to elemental shields
    1. make elemental shields more useful, give earth shield to all specs, with resto the only one able to cast on allies.
    2. get rid of the shield buffs, leave earth shield as a resto healing spell and turn lightning shield into a short duration enhance melee aoe spell (like shaman lightning shield on war3) that constantly does aoe damage while in melee(ish) range while its up

    -stat scaling: i'd like to see better stat scaling for the class, with lava burst getting its overall damage affected by crit, and stormstrike increasing crit damage. this would make elemental blast less clunky, since it gives a random haste, crit or mastery buff and 2 of those stats are near useless for enhance

    - Ghost Wolf: make ghost wolf a lvl 60 talent. now that it doesnt add any abilities to the shaman, it should be ok for a spec wide dps spell. enh shamans get it at level 60 anyway so it wont screw with when they get it at all. i'd recommend replacing echo of elements, its kinda boring I just feel bad that far seer wannabe shamans cant have their pets. buff 60 talents to compete

    Enhance:
    -aoe revamp: make lava lash and fire nova exclusive, and share a cooldown, give fire nova the 'spread flame shock' ability, meaning that your aoe is packed into 1 convenient button. make magma totem a stronger aoe button. maybe add lightning shield(spell i mentioned before) as a replacement to stormstrike in the rotation? i just wanna see 3 big blue orbs floating around me chewing up my enemies :/ it was so meaty on war 3.

    - enhance haste scaling: have rotational spell cooldowns affected by haste, it feels super lame getting haste gear, most classes it affects the rotation in a meaningful way, all it means for me is potentially more maelstrom procs.

    - searing flames buff changed: I dont like my searing flames buff tied to a totem, initially i thought all the synergy between the spells was really clever, but now it annoys me. i want my searing totem to do damage, not buff me. i've heard alot of people mention attaching it to flame shock, that makes sense to me, flame shock ticks scale with haste, which would make cd haste scaling not at all clunky.

    - stormstrike: stormstrike increases crit chance for nature spells, what if it increased crit 'damage' instead? it'd make crit a more valuable stat for the spec, which would make gearing options much more interesting. also i'd like to see a slight but noticeable amount of elemental damage added to the spell. like does 5%-20% nature damage (more for flavor than meaningful gameplay)

    Elemental:
    -Lava burst: Make its damage scale with crit. this should make it a heavier spell to cast.

    New Spec, Tanking spec:
    - We've all heard this one before. i think bliz would be a bit more open to adding new specs now that druid has 4. We've all heard this one before so i wont harp on about it

    Visuals:
    -Minor Glyph of the black wolf: give ghost wolves black spirit wolf models like the war3 ones
    -Minor Glyph of totem animal: a spirit animal appears out of the top of your fire totem to spit fire at your enemies. (basically serpent totem from war 3)
    -Minor Glyph of the shadow hunter: changes your lightning bolt to an elemental throwing blade (so you can emulate the shadow hunters off of war 3

    I could add a bunch more ideas but I think i've already added alot

  10. #90
    fire totem lasts a minute and does nothing if your not attacking anyone. so it basically works exactly how he wants it

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Basic idea for Elemental:
    Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

    Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.
    Ele shamans NEED to be shooting lightning, it'd be way too much to ask for them to lose that flavor. In saying that, i like your idea of earth and fire attunement as a resource system for defensive effects, would make for an interesting tank option IMO (is mentioning shaman tanks taboo?).

    Here are some things i'd like to see for the class:
    All specs:
    I'd like to see 1 of 2 things (Not both) happen to elemental shields
    1. make elemental shields more useful, give earth shield to all specs, with resto the only one able to cast on allies.
    2. get rid of the shield buffs, leave earth shield as a resto healing spell and turn lightning shield into a short duration enhance melee aoe spell (like shaman lightning shield on war3) that constantly does aoe damage while in melee(ish) range while its up

    -stat scaling: i'd like to see better stat scaling for the class, with lava burst getting its overall damage affected by crit, and stormstrike increasing crit damage. this would make elemental blast less clunky, since it gives a random haste, crit or mastery buff and 2 of those stats are near useless for enhance

    - Ghost Wolf: make ghost wolf a lvl 60 talent. now that it doesnt add any abilities to the shaman, it should be ok for a spec wide dps spell. enh shamans get it at level 60 anyway so it wont screw with when they get it at all. i'd recommend replacing echo of elements, its kinda boring I just feel bad that far seer wannabe shamans cant have their pets. buff 60 talents to compete

    Enhance:
    -aoe revamp: make lava lash and fire nova exclusive, and share a cooldown, give fire nova the 'spread flame shock' ability, meaning that your aoe is packed into 1 convenient button. make magma totem a stronger aoe button. maybe add lightning shield(spell i mentioned before) as a replacement to stormstrike in the rotation? i just wanna see 3 big blue orbs floating around me chewing up my enemies :/ it was so meaty on war 3.

    - enhance haste scaling: have rotational spell cooldowns affected by haste, it feels super lame getting haste gear, most classes it affects the rotation in a meaningful way, all it means for me is potentially more maelstrom procs.

    - searing flames buff changed: I dont like my searing flames buff tied to a totem, initially i thought all the synergy between the spells was really clever, but now it annoys me. i want my searing totem to do damage, not buff me. i've heard alot of people mention attaching it to flame shock, that makes sense to me, flame shock ticks scale with haste, which would make cd haste scaling not at all clunky.

    - stormstrike: stormstrike increases crit chance for nature spells, what if it increased crit 'damage' instead? it'd make crit a more valuable stat for the spec, which would make gearing options much more interesting. also i'd like to see a slight but noticeable amount of elemental damage added to the spell. like does 5%-20% nature damage (more for flavor than meaningful gameplay)

    Elemental:
    -Lava burst: Make its damage scale with crit. this should make it a heavier spell to cast.

    New Spec, Tanking spec:
    - We've all heard this one before. i think bliz would be a bit more open to adding new specs now that druid has 4. We've all heard this one before so i wont harp on about it

    Visuals:
    -Minor Glyph of the black wolf: give ghost wolves black spirit wolf models like the war3 ones
    -Minor Glyph of totem animal: a spirit animal appears out of the top of your fire totem to spit fire at your enemies. (basically serpent totem from war 3)
    -Minor Glyph of the shadow hunter: changes your lightning bolt to an elemental throwing blade (so you can emulate the shadow hunters off of war 3

    I could add a bunch more ideas but I think i've already added alot

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Basic idea for Elemental:
    Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

    Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.
    Ele shamans NEED to be shooting lightning, it'd be way too much to ask for them to lose that flavor. In saying that, i like your idea of earth and fire attunement as a resource system for defensive effects, would make for an interesting tank option IMO (is mentioning shaman tanks taboo?).

    Here are some things i'd like to see for the class:
    All specs:
    I'd like to see 1 of 2 things (Not both) happen to elemental shields
    1. make elemental shields more useful, give earth shield to all specs, with resto the only one able to cast on allies.
    2. get rid of the shield buffs, leave earth shield as a resto healing spell and turn lightning shield into a short duration enhance melee aoe spell (like shaman lightning shield on war3) that constantly does aoe damage while in melee(ish) range while its up

    -stat scaling: i'd like to see better stat scaling for the class, with lava burst getting its overall damage affected by crit, and stormstrike increasing crit damage. this would make elemental blast less clunky, since it gives a random haste, crit or mastery buff and 2 of those stats are near useless for enhance

    - Ghost Wolf: make ghost wolf a lvl 60 talent. now that it doesnt add any abilities to the shaman, it should be ok for a spec wide dps spell. enh shamans get it at level 60 anyway so it wont screw with when they get it at all. i'd recommend replacing echo of elements, its kinda boring I just feel bad that far seer wannabe shamans cant have their pets. buff 60 talents to compete

    Enhance:
    -aoe revamp: make lava lash and fire nova exclusive, and share a cooldown, give fire nova the 'spread flame shock' ability, meaning that your aoe is packed into 1 convenient button. make magma totem a stronger aoe button. maybe add lightning shield(spell i mentioned before) as a replacement to stormstrike in the rotation? i just wanna see 3 big blue orbs floating around me chewing up my enemies :/ it was so meaty on war 3.

    - enhance haste scaling: have rotational spell cooldowns affected by haste, it feels super lame getting haste gear, most classes it affects the rotation in a meaningful way, all it means for me is potentially more maelstrom procs.

    - searing flames buff changed: I dont like my searing flames buff tied to a totem, initially i thought all the synergy between the spells was really clever, but now it annoys me. i want my searing totem to do damage, not buff me. i've heard alot of people mention attaching it to flame shock, that makes sense to me, flame shock ticks scale with haste, which would make cd haste scaling not at all clunky.

    - stormstrike: stormstrike increases crit chance for nature spells, what if it increased crit 'damage' instead? it'd make crit a more valuable stat for the spec, which would make gearing options much more interesting. also i'd like to see a slight but noticeable amount of elemental damage added to the spell. like does 5%-20% nature damage (more for flavor than meaningful gameplay)

    Elemental:
    -Lava burst: Make its damage scale with crit. this should make it a heavier spell to cast.

    New Spec, Tanking spec:
    - We've all heard this one before. i think bliz would be a bit more open to adding new specs now that druid has 4. We've all heard this one before so i wont harp on about it

    Visuals:
    -Minor Glyph of the black wolf: give ghost wolves black spirit wolf models like the war3 ones
    -Minor Glyph of totem animal: a spirit animal appears out of the top of your fire totem to spit fire at your enemies. (basically serpent totem from war 3)
    -Minor Glyph of the shadow hunter: changes your lightning bolt to an elemental throwing blade (so you can emulate the shadow hunters off of war 3

    I could add a bunch more ideas but I think i've already added alot

  12. #92
    throw rocks on me, i want to see shaman tank... elemental tank would be very interesting..
    i know tank should have hit dmg so there are no spaces between dmg when he is casting and may loose agro during cast, but perma earth elemental gaining agro during this times?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciqa View Post
    throw rocks on me, i want to see shaman tank... elemental tank would be very interesting..
    i know tank should have hit dmg so there are no spaces between dmg when he is casting and may loose agro during cast, but perma earth elemental gaining agro during this times?

    why not ? ;-) would be fun ! And complete our whole class... (healer/tank/melee/range)

    But, not if they gonna neglect the problems we still face with our current specs...


    Wich tanking mechanic you had in mind? I know there are many idea's out there, how the shaman tank should be designed...

  14. #94
    hellfiresque heal, you channel the heal while running and it heals people with in a radius of you, something named like rain cloud or something it puts a cloud above you and rains down wherever you move, oh and add a minor runspeed increase. OH and i want to look ascended as much as possible via minor glyph or something

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Wich tanking mechanic you had in mind? I know there are many idea's out there, how the shaman tank should be designed...
    This seems like a good start for a fourth spec: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-earth-warden/

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    This seems like a good start for a fourth spec: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-earth-warden/

    yeah ... blizz should give this justicer a job ;-) There so many good idea's in that one post!


    While i really like the idea of a tanking spec for shamans, it's gonna be hard not to end up with an enhancement shaman on steriods. There should be a very very big distinction between a melee enhancement shaman and a tanking shaman!

    If blizz would decide to simple copy/paste the current enhancement rotation with some extra totems, that would provide damage mitigation cd's ... it's gonna be mehh... It should be much more then that!
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-16 at 07:11 PM.

  17. #97
    I wouldn't count on "complete revamp and rename of all specs (or a single one either)" nor would I count on "adding a [insert desired role here] spec". Those are pretty much out. Anything too detailed is meaningless too. Leave the numbers and duration of spells and buff to the devs, just come up with general ideas.

    I still stand by:

    - Air and Water elemental totems, use of each to be determined by blizz.
    - Main hand attack for enhancement, possibly make that primal strike and make it useful for other specs as well.
    - Relic Totem on our backs. Can be totally visual and optional or turned into a spell or a mechanic.
    - More minor glyph options (if you ask me we should have more minor glyph slots). Small totems, ascendance that looks like an elemental, Basic Camp Fire Totem... just go wild with it.
    - A water totem for all specs. I thought of maybe a health increasing one or something.
    - A fire totem for resto. Maybe one the ups healing received by all party/raid members.
    - Weapon Buffs applicable to shields and/or off-hands for resto and ele. Maybe rework rockbitter and frostbrand for that matter.

    That's all I got.

  18. #98
    what about a pet for every spec?

  19. #99
    Don't think blizz ever gonna make our elementals permanent, or give us a pet ...

    While we could use a boost in our single target sustained dps department, we just can't copy paste all good things from other classes ... ;-)

  20. #100
    well... mage have their own elemental water for frost spec.
    i think that we are more in comunion with elements then mage so why we can't have a fire elemental pet? :P (talking as shaman elemental)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •