Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NovxSH View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I only play a shaman as an alt, but how in the hell would an 8 target spread exactly help? There has been 2 encounters I can think of in recent raids with 8 targets which is Wind Lord, Phase 2 heroic Sha of Fear. I would much rather see them give Enh Shamans a legit cleave buff rather then halfassing it so that you get extra cleave on a fight with 8 targets which is EXTREMEoLY rare.

can't expect pp to read this entire post ... but i had kinda reworked my initial proposal.

Elemental:

-Let our shocks not only hit the focused target, but also 3 nearby additional targets. (8yards)
    -OR Let us spread our shocks with a instant spell (10sec). Each time we use this spell, our flame shock is spread on 3 nearby targets. (8yards)
    -OR Give our chain lighning a chance to spread our flame shock dot on 3 unaffected targets in a 10 yard range.

Enhancement:
    -Let us spread our shocks by using the fire nova spell. Each time we use fire nova, there's a 25% chance each flame-shock dot will be duplicated on a onaffected target. (range 8yards)

but really, this treat isn't about my suggestions, it's about your's ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abysire View Post
    Exactly. It's what makes us 'overpowered' in PvP at the moment, but if you nerf that we'll have the worst healing and we'd need a few other buffs to compensate for it.

I'd like a healing over time mastery kind of like what Holy Priests have, but instead for it to be a bit like Renewing Mists if that makes sense...
    I like the way you think.

And yeah by changing our mastery and being less OP in pvp we might see some decent PVE buffs. Granted, I still love healing on my shaman so I cant complain to much.

I have a love hate for our mastery. but i think its one of the factors that makes us hard to balance.

Thunder shield 3min cd 15sec duration: Upon activation, replaces lightning shield with a more potent thunder shield. The thunder shield does 150% more damage and procs off any attack on the shaman. Abilites that Do damage based off lightning shield will do the same effects but have thunder shield as the source for the duration.Due to the fact that lightning always comes after thunder, when thunder shield does damage due to an attacker strikeing the shaman, a lightning bolt will be discharged at the target equal to 80% of lightning bolts damage. Enhancement only.

Primal Strike: Unleash your primal rage into your mainhand weapon for 75% weapon damage as nature damage, 4 seconds later the target receives the full force of your rage causeing the target to run in terror for 3.5 seconds. 2 minute cd, shares DR with hex (to not make it op)

Earthen Fury: Calls forth an axe forge by the earth itself, the shaman hurls the axe at the target sundering their armor and acts as an earth medium. Causes all attacks to bypass 25% of the targetes armor, and the target takes 15% more damage from earth based attacks(includes physical damage). Lasts for 10 seconds 30 second cd also. Shares a cd with static fury.

Static Fury: Embrace the primordial essence of lightning, transforming your weapons into pure lightning maces increasing nature damage done by 3% per charge, each hit lowers the potency of the maces causeing the shaman to lose a charge, after each charge lost the maces discharge a chain lightning bolt at the target for 50% of chain lightning damage. Lasts for 30 seconds or until all 20 charges are spent 30 second cd. Shares a cd with Earthen fury
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-01-21 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    can't expect pp to read this entire post ...
    Yeah I confess I didn't.. I'm tired.
    I wonder if it's been said... An Execute Mechanic. I mean seriously.. it's not like it's warrior specific anymore.. a TON of classes have one. Why don't we?

Personally i would love if they would bring back the mobility of ghost wolf to a level of wotlk, was so easy to kite back then :\
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I would say...

4 Minor Glyphs: Glyph of Air's Calling, Glyph of Fire's Calling, Glyph of Water's Calling, Glyph of Earth's Calling.

Basically, it's be like Glyph of Deluge, but it would affect all your spells of a different element.

OR! Alternatively,

Something similar to the Polymorph Tomes in Dalaran, that let's you learn equivalent spells of different elements.

(ex. A tome that gives you a spell "Whips of Fire" to replace Chain Lighting... "Stone Strike" to replace Stormstrike.... "Water Spout" to replace Thunderstorm...)

fun cosmetic stuff like that.

Another idea i got today:

Blizz could rework unleash elements. Making it so it's putting an extra debuff on it's target with increasing damage over time. (one tick every sec, 15sec duration, 15 sec cd) It's not a multidot mechanic, just boosting our single target dps.

so, you're not only buffing your next fire spell; but also having a stacking damage debuff on this target for 15sec.
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-21 at 11:57 AM.

Earth Warden : Shaman Tank spec

(yes I know we heard about sham tank for years but I love to create new spell and spec etc on the talent grid maker)

First, look spells here :

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=434001

Explanations :

Roleplay : After the Cataclysm, Thrall taught to some shamans of the Earth Ring what he himself learned from his experience while he was the Earth Warden.

Spec description : A clanic warden, using the power of the earth to protect himself and his allies against foes.

Gameplay : attack ennemies with quick and critical strikes to increase block/parry and ressource regeneration (mana and earth mother's bless) ; use ressource and healing magic to keep himself alive.

A) Opening of the fight

1) Keep active Magma Shield and Rockbitter Weapon
    2) Use Thrall?s Strike (TsS) a first time to concentrate the spell and a second time to launch it to the ennemy.
    3) Run on the ennemy and use Earth Shock to gain an Earth Mother?s Bless (EMB)
    4) If Energizing Earth (EE) had proc, use again TsS just before reaching the ennemy

B) Single Target Rotation

1) Use Primal Defense or Unwavering Strenght to block/parry and to get EMB
    2) Use TsS if EE is active and you have enough mana
    3) Use Earth Shock to keep Weakened Blow and to have a chance to proc EE
    4) Use Searing Totem when Totemic Strikes is active (use an other element than fire if you dont need to improve your survival or damage)
    5) Keep Searing Totem active and use Healing Stream Totem on CD
    6) Use Primal Strike to get mana and a little amount of health
    7) Use TsS without EE if you dont need to run the next 20s

C) Multi Target Rotation

Replace Searing Totem by Magma Totem and Primal Strike by Frenzied Strikes

D) How to consume your EMB

1) Using Stone Armor is better when :
    - You are full health and have a lot of overhealing HoT and absorb effect
    - You are in a multi target situation
    - A great physical damage is incoming
    - You are going to die the next 2s
    2) Chain Heal is better when some melee matters are very injured and you or your healers will not meet difficulties in the next 15s to keep you alive
    3) Healing Surge is the best for all other situations

You can have 2 charge of EMB, so you can spare one to delaying its consumming.

E) Survival CD

1) Use Ancestral Assistance when you have a great chance to die in the next 4s or if you will take a lot of damage the next 12s
    2) Use Ascendance if you will take a lot of damage the next 15s
    3) Use Spiritwalker?s Grace to increases your haste and so your block chance when you take medium damage
    4) Use Lightness of the Wind on CD or delaying it if you will take great damage you can dodge the next 45s
    5) Use Mudbath when you are going to the last 12s and you have already decent self hot on you.

F) Statistics

1) Stamina increases your health and the healing done by your Primal Weapon effect
    2) Agility increases your dodge, crit, attack power, spell power and improve your Stone Armor
    3) Dodge increases your dodge chance but also your haste with Earthwalker?s Grace
    4) Parry increases your parry chance or your block chance
    5) Crit increases your damage, healing and your chance to block through Ancestral Defense
    6) Haste increases your damage and your chance to block through Ancestral Defense
    7) Mastery Increases your Stone Armor and your hot
    8) Hit Cap and Expertise Cap increase your damage, the healing done by your Primal Weapons and your chance to block Through Ancestral Defense

The thing I would love enhancement to have, is a non targetted Melee cleave that deals frost damage to work with our mastery (perhaps even make it lower attack speed or slow, but perhaps that would be too overpowered). Enhancement's AoE's build up time is just longer on average than every other class and can be incredibly tedious on some fights.

You could even have it doing something like the damage increases per target hit up to 5 then obviously evens out when there's loads of mobs there (like all other AoE) to make sure that it's not used in single target rotations as well, just so that we have something to press when Flame shocks are spread, fire nova is on CD and we're not just doing our single target rotation.

Also because fights like Lei Shi when the only AoE you have is some piss poor magma totem, it's quite irritating. especially if you had a Fire Elemental up before he casts Hide so you dont want to get rid of the Elemental.

So yeah, Either the Ice Cleave, or hell, remove elementals from totem limitations, that would be nice.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

My ideas for the Shaman talent tree;

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=437001

New talents:

Totemic Protection (Replaces Nature's Guardian): When you place a totem, damage done to you is reduced by 12%, your movement speed is increased by 10%, and your healing done to yourself is increased by 8%.

Repulsion Totem (Replaces Windwalk totem which goes baseline): 1 minute cooldown.

Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that repels enemies.

Elemental Harmony (Replaces Call of Elements which goes baseline): You may summon multiple totems of the same element simultaneously. Excluding Fire totems.

Totemic Focus (Replaces Totemic Restoration): Increases the duration of your totems by 40%, and the range of your totem's effects by 30%.

Trap Totem (Replaces Totemic Projection which goes baseline): 1.5 Minute Cooldown

Allows you to detonate a totem with less than a 1 minute cooldown, effecting any target in an 8 yard radius with a random effect (sleep, stun, silence, disorient, horror, etc.) Using this ability increases the detonated totem's cooldown by 50%.

Cloud Burst (Replaces Conductivity):

Your Healing Rain spell is now instant cast. Its healing effectiveness, radius, and cooldown are increased by 100%.

Spirit Wolf (Replaces Primal Elementalist): Empowered Ghost Wolf Form. Increases Ghost Wolf's total movement speed by 10%, physical damage done to you while in this form is reduced by 5%, allows your Ghost Wolf form to break roots and snares when cast, regenerates 3% of maximum health every 5 seconds, and While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.

Revised talents:

Astral Shift can be cast while stunned, silenced, feared, etc. Duration increased by 2 seconds.
    Elemental Blast heals when it hits a friendly target.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-01-22 at 02:20 PM.

Your suggestions are strange Teriz.

Your T45 is not balanced. In PvE you have to take Totemic Focus because Trap Totem is useless and Elemental Harmony is not very strong.

Your T90 is also not balanced. EB and UF increase your dps or heal. Spirit Wolf increases your survival and movement ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    Your suggestions are strange Teriz.

Your T45 is not balanced. In PvE you have to take Totemic Focus because Trap Totem is useless and Elemental Harmony is not very strong.

Your T90 is also not balanced. EB and UF increase your dps or heal. Spirit Wolf increases your survival and movement ...
    Thank you for the quick feedback. I'll tweak these some more a bit later to make them a bit more balanced.

I think they could make a talent tier around Primal Strike. Something in the lines of:

1. Primal Strikes knocks away the target. Ele and resto can use it as defence against melee and enhancement can use it as a pvp tool.
    2. PS heals the shaman and all near by friendlies when it hits an enemey.
    3. PS restores a % of max mana when used.

Turn it into an utility spell for all specs and make it independent from SS. That way its no longer leveling filler and enhancement gains a new attack. All win.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:18 PM ----------

In defense of the shaman AoE design: I know we would all love a 1 button "I win at AoE" spell but I don´t think we need it. At least as enhacement I kind of like the way our AoE works. Do we make strong burst AoE like mages and hunters? no but our long term AoE is pretty strong and that fills a niche as much as the quick burst one does.

I think this desire for dot spreading aoe damage comes frome looking at other classes numbers after an AoE pull and thinking that they won over us or something like that. So what if Surv hunters press a button and boom they aoe like mad men. Thats theyr thing, let em be and be smart enough to understand that the people that spam dmg metters after killing a bunch of trash mobs on the way to a boss fight are compensating for their lack of performance in other areas
    Last edited by caballitomalo; 2013-01-22 at 03:26 PM.

spirit woulf talent then should be some dps increase you may cast ofencive spels or attacks while in that form

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post

I think this desire for dot spreading aoe damage comes frome looking at other classes numbers after an AoE pull and thinking that they won over us or something like that. So what if Surv hunters press a button and boom they aoe like mad men. Thats theyr thing, let em be and be smart enough to understand that the people that spam dmg metters after killing a bunch of trash mobs on the way to a boss fight are compensating for their lack of performance in other areas

it's not about topping the meters !

I wrote my dot-spreading-suggestions after lacking performance on 'will of the emperor hc25' as elemental. And also because i think spamming chain lighting for minutes in a row on trashmobs isn't really valuable gameplay....

5.2 gonna boost our CL-damage even more, making EQ and magma totem even more obsolete, while increasing our brainless CL-spamming... it's a pity

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    spirit woulf talent then should be some dps increase you may cast ofencive spels or attacks while in that form
    I was thinking more along the lines of this;

Spirit Wolf (Replaces Primal Elementalist): Empowered Ghost Wolf Form. Increases Ghost Wolf's total movement speed by 10%, physical damage done to you while in this form is reduced by 5%, allows your Ghost Wolf form to break roots and snares when cast, regenerates 3% of maximum health every 5 seconds, and While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.

When you leave Spirit Wolf form, you are granted Enhanced Spirit.

Enhanced Spirit: Your healing and damage are increased by 10% for 12 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Still working on tier 45.....

In defense of the shaman AoE design: I know we would all love a 1 button "I win at AoE" spell but I don´t think we need it. At least as enhacement I kind of like the way our AoE works. Do we make strong burst AoE like mages and hunters? no but our long term AoE is pretty strong and that fills a niche as much as the quick burst one does.

I agree, but having a Lava Lash spreading our Flameshock to do any aoe isn't a good desing out there. I would love to have a two-buttoned aoe instead of three. Just make a spell that place a DoT and spread it to the nearest enemies. Fire Nova is fine. I don't need a Howling Blast 2.0 to be happy.
    Last edited by Lensir; 2013-01-22 at 04:39 PM.

Mostly pvp:
    1) Remove elemental brackets among totems, except fire totems, which will simply be treated as the elemental totems: you can have only one active at a time. Outside of that, you can place any totem combination, like using grounding to guard stormlash or wind walk for example. Or being able to place earthbind, tremor or bulwark without cancelling Earth Elemental or vice versa.

2) A buff to totem survivability. Maybe add that to Stormbulwark totem (during its duration, it also places an stacking absorb on other totems, or make SBT baseline, and the protecting-other-totems part becomes the talent instead. Or making that a talent in the totem tier.

3) While we're talking about SBT: I dunno if it's still like that, but I heard the absorb does not increase over time. Every pulse, it is reset to the same low amount of absorb. That's kinda weird really, since someone ignoring SBT for long and deciding to attack its absorb late should be punished by a high-stacked absorb. I dunno if the absorb is stealable/dispellable atm, but if it is, that should be changed. SBT isn't that strong, and with the ability to stack it and to detroy the totem, at least the stacking absorb should be able to be left alone.

4) An escape move for elemental and an gap closer for enhance. For elemental it'd be cool if they could have something along the lines of blink, a hunter's disengage warlock's teleport or something like that => getting out of trouble fast and reliably. As for enhance, I could picture either an instant gap closer (we could get our wolve's leap) or an freedom effect added UF:FB (though baseline would be nice).
    A possibility to get both things in one ability would be an ele/enh only ability along the lines of a warrior's jump. Ele could use it to leap into safety, an enh could chase enemies with it. Since you wouldn't need a target for it, you could also use it to gap close towards enemies behind pillars.

5) Optional (albeit very nice to have) would be an execute ability. I imagine that very helpful for both specs, as ele still seems rather easy to lockdown when compared to other casters, since lb, lvb, cl and eb all are casts. Es doesn't do damage unless you've had successful lbs before, so it is down to fs proccing instant lvbs. As for enhance: well, if we got the above gap closer, I guess finishing an opponent would become much easier, not mentioning there's still Ascendence which allows most of our dmg on range. Still, I think an execute would be well received even so.

6) Vanity: minor glyphs: Feral Spirits get new models (baseline) and with glyph change species (spirit hawks, spirit bears, spirit pumas, spirit wind serpents...)

7) Capacitor changes the way it functions. It could work either like Shadowfury (either exactly the same, or higher cooldown/higher duration), being instant and throwable baseline. OR, make it like a hunter's trap (invisible, and when you walk into it, it triggers) or maybe like a moonkin's mushrooms (remote controlled aoe stun mine)
    Or, if all of that would be to much; change it to a HoJ clone. I prefer a reliable single target stun over a bad aoe one

8) Hex: Change it so that in pvp as well, it will cause the target to hop around like it already does in pve. Furthermore, it'll become instant for enhance (so that we can use MSW more freely in pvp) and have it's cooldown removed/lowered to a very short time for elemental.

9) Style/Lore: As others pointed out: More frost based stuff. I wouldn't mind more emphasis on the spirit-theme either (like a spiritual fighting form (though that's kinda Ascendence-esque))

10) Something to make selfhealing for elemental easier. I haven't played ele, but I imagine it as a pain having only casted heals aside from totems (and the new flame shock glyph, which I doubt is that strong). Maybe the ability of an instant healing surge everytime you... I dont know... hit your target with either Earth or Flame Shock or something (lowered amount maybe, likely op to have an instant heal avaiable every 5 seks).

11) Improved imbue handling. I still see it as a waste how UE/UF is handled in correlation with it. Plus that 4pc pvp bonus. Maybe reduce the gcd on the imbues, so that players can macro it. Or changing it to something similar as shocks, dunno.

Mostly wanting improvements about existing stuff. Something for the eye, I would not deny either though (like getting cooler effects on UE/F, new GW/Feral Spirit looks, or impressive looking stuff like fork lightnings, ice or rock spikes popping up from the ground, actual lava, maybe abilities involving mist(could be similar to smoke bomb).
    Those would then add partly new stuff though, which requires entirely balancing approach.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-01-22 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post

Let's try this;

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=437001

Elemental Shields (Replaces Nature's Guardian): While surrounded by your elemental shields, all damage taken by you is reduced by 15%.

Elemental Harmony (Replaces Call of Elements which is now baseline): You may summon multiple totems of the same element simultaneously. Excluding Fire totems.

In addition, when you summon 2 totems of the same element, a third totem appears to assist the Shaman. This totem counts as a third totem. Only 4 totems can be active at one time.

Earth Harmony Totem: Increases the stamina of you and your Earth totems. In addition, if your Earth totems are destroyed an enemy is stunned within 4 yards of the totem.
    Air Harmony Totem: Reduces the cooldown of your Air totems. In addition, your movement speed is increased by 10%.
    Water Harmony Totem: Increases healing done to you by 10%. In addition, the healing ticks from your water totems have a chance to remove a harmful magic effect from anyone it heals.

Mimic Totem (Replaces Totemic Projection which goes baseline): 2 Minute Cooldown

Copies the last active non-fire totem with a cooldown of 1 minute or less. Mimic Totem is effected by Call of Elements, and counts as an air, water, fire, or earth totem.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-01-22 at 06:22 PM.

I have problems in 10 man with getting people to stay in my healing rain, how about something like this.
    Downpour - Downpour your current Healing Rain location finishing its duration and adding a heal over time affect equal to the remaining duration on all targets standing in it at the time of the downpour. 45 second cooldown
    I would also like to see the Glyph of Chaining changed. it would changed chain heal to be more like circle of healing.
    Glyph of Chaining - Makes your Chain Heal spell now instant cast , increases the distance between bounces by 100%, increases its healing by 50% and every bounce heals for the same amount, but adds a 6 second cooldown to the spell.
    and before I did have an idea for a hellfire type healing spell.
    Rain Cloud - channeled spell castable while moving- Places a Rain Cloud above the casters head healing all allies within 20 yards of the caster every .5 seconds, and increases casters movement speed by 25%.
    it would allow you to heal people by running through them kind of like spinning crane kick.
    Last edited by ezzio; 2013-01-22 at 08:58 PM.