Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    My idea is to give Enhacement Lava Surge proc.

Lava Surge (Enhacement edtion): Your Searing Totem's Bolts and your autoattacks have X% chance to reset cooldown on your Lava Lash ability. Lava Lash via Lava Surge will act as your target was already set with 5 charges of Sering Flames and no charges will be consumed.
    Oh yes please. Pretty please.

My idea is to give Enhacement Lava Surge proc.

Lava Surge (Enhacement edtion): Your Searing Totem's Bolts and your autoattacks have X% chance to reset cooldown on your Lava Lash ability. Lava Lash via Lava Surge will act as your target was already set with 5 charges of Sering Flames and no charges will be consumed.
    Yeah, that's been going around for awhile (since before mop beta I think) as our idea of fixing haste. Guess from a primarily scaling point it wouldn't be needed anymore, but it still would be damn nice to have some more...fluidity (or however you might call it) in the spec. Atm everything is set into stone in form of cooldowns, except msw (which is rather low priority when considering you'll often have to hold off msw in favor of LL/SS coming of cd).

Maybe a little bonus to MSW to make it a little more rewarding/less punishing to use ASAP:
    Spiritual Loop: passive
    When you use a 5 charge maelstrom weapon stack within 5 seconds of the fith stack building, your next five melee hits (lotsa fives )have a 20% increased chance of proccing maelstrom weapon, and increasing your next MSW5x Spells' damage or healing done by 50%.
    Something like that would discourage hardcasting, encourage spending MSW fast and looingk out more for those stacks, just like in the good old days, a higher priority on LB. Enh would get some of that healing lost with the pvp-offheal nerf back, and having to hold of charges for hex in pvp would be less useful, since spending them asap will help proc them faster right after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Guess from a primarily scaling point it wouldn't be needed anymore, but it still would be damn nice to have some more...fluidity (or however you might call it) in the spec.
    Just because our haste issues are fixed by having some faster autoattacks, doesn't mean Enhacement can't have a melee proc. Also, paladins have Sanctity of Battle and a proc.

Atm everything is set into stone in form of cooldowns
    And I hate it. I secretly dream about some resource management added into Enhacement (and maybe even Elemental). Right now, I think shaman is a little too boring.

Just because our haste issues are fixed by having some faster autoattacks, doesn't mean Enhacement can't have a melee proc. Also, paladins have Sanctity of Battle and a proc.
    That's what I was saying .

And I hate it. I secretly dream about some resource management added into Enhacement (and maybe even Elemental). Right now, I think shaman is a little too boring.
    Yeah, enh is basically whack-a-mole now. Nothing's easier than a priority list based on fixed cooldowns. I miss wotlk days, where a good and a bad enh would be so much further apart, and where you had to watch stuff that could change without notice (LS suddenly wearing off or having lots of MSW procs all of a sudden... or not knowing wether or not your next LL/SS will proc MSW).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    - feral spirits need to updated and look red for horde. (see WC3) it would be sexy with my tier 6 pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97016/big-bad-voodoo

An Oldy but a goody from WC3 and used by Vol'jin in the Dagger in the Dark Scenario

Personally I would Name it "Big Bad Voodoo" for Horde Shamans and something like "Ancestral Bulwark" for Alliance like what they did for Bloodlust/Heroism
    these are sick.

I want an AOE cooldown that lifts you up into the air, and casts Chain Lightning on every target within 10 yards for 50% damage, or something like that.
    Like the Broken Earthen Ring shaman uses on the Naga at the start of the Vashj'ir questline.
    Last edited by mmoc3e9c6969db; 2013-01-28 at 03:40 AM.

Realize this fell off the main page, and it's been about a week and a half. But I've been working on this little bit by little bit for a while now.

I'm just linking the document through Google Docs since the length would cause me to hit the word cap for a single post. And I don't feel like reformatting this for VBulletin.

Yes. I know some of it is a little over the top.

So. Criticism welcome and stuff. Will happily answer questions if I didn't make something clear in my tossed-together comments.

Also, I didn't 100% finish. Still need to finish out 3 more talents. But I totally just hit a wall and felt it was close enough, since I didn't want to push off posting this more and more.

EDIT:

I also should clarify on other things I would improve:
    - Better/New Elemental AoE that isn't just CL spam.
    - Several things with Warden. Specifically a more consistent AoE.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-07 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Realize this fell off the main page, and it's been about a week and a half. But I've been working on this little bit by little bit for a while now.

I'm just linking the document through Google Docs since the length would cause me to hit the word cap for a single post. And I don't feel like reformatting this for VBulletin.

So. Criticism welcome and stuff. Will happily answer questions if I didn't make something clear in my tossed-together comments.

Also, I didn't 100% finish. Still need to finish out 3 more talents. But I totally just hit a wall and felt it was close enough, since I didn't want to push off posting this more and more.
    Wow, this is insane (in a really good way). Haven't read through it all yet but do you think given the damage buffs elemental would still keep elemental fury? I guess it makes crit more interesting, on the other hand, we have it now and people don't really pay attention to the stat, its just sort of there.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    do you think given the damage buffs elemental would still keep elemental fury? I guess it makes crit more interesting, on the other hand, we have it now and people don't really pay attention to the stat, its just sort of there.
    Obviously LvB would still devalue Crit to an extent. Part of my slight attempt to improve Critical Strike was to use a charge sensitive channel (that gets damage boosters).

So, let's just say that the reaction proc (now Fulmination, Heat Lightning in my changes) do the same damage at max stacks and have 2 things happen:
    - Fulmination Crits or it doesn't.
    - Heat Lightning has 5 chances to Crit. Each of those have the 250% Crit damage modifier.

I didn't think 100% on stat values when doing it, but I don't think my solution would actually be worse in terms of stat values.

I always liked being sort of a Burst Machine, but without doing a carbon copy of Chaos Bolt (don't want to), Lava Burst will always devalue crit to an extent, unless you consider huge dps things like Perma-elementals

EDIT: now that I re-look over this, I notice a lot of really minor mistakes in terms of syntax (like not clarifying that Searing Flames is now basically Flame Shock, and I didn't make that entire change throughout).

I should also clarify about theme:

Shaman are the Master's of Elements. I just tried to make each spec a "master" of an element, though they can obviously use other stuff.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-07 at 06:21 AM.

It is a fact that every single Idea I had for shamans in the past already got implemented. Most of the time not for shamans, but.......well, at least~

I had an awesome idea for an pretty cool totem system which would have been similiar to how the monk statues are working. But then those monk statues happened. The list could go on further. ^^

Maybe moreso next patch than expansion, but Lava Burst's damage being increased by Crit. HEY now we have a reason to ele blast before lust+ascendance combo other than a 1/3 chance of it being useful.

Earthquake not being a waste of time/mana. Feels like I'm casting astral recall out there to drop a horrible AOE.

Flame Shock spread'd be neat.

LB honestly should get a new cool gimmick to it. Just borrowing ideas from other classes now... something like the Arcane stacks thing. Casting it increases its damage but has some negative effect. Less chance of lightning shield charge?

Searing totem is almost a waste of time. I suppose 1.5k DPS for a GCD every min isn't AWFUL, but make it so that we HAVE to have it down like we used to.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-02-07 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Shaman are the Master's of Elements. I just tried to make each spec a "master" of an element, though they can obviously use other stuff.
    I have read it all, and really is a nice piece of work.

Have you ever thought of adding an Air Elemental Totem or Pet for Enhancement and make the Earth Elemental for Warden(like Xuen).

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    Have you ever thought of adding an Air Elemental Totem or Pet for Enhancement and make the Earth Elemental for Warden(like Xuen).
    Honestly not really. As it is I don't even like Primal Elementalist (live or my version).
    My perfect-world-ideal solution would be to get rid of that level 90 talent, but I'm not sure what would replace it.

As per what I have down in my suggestion, basically Fire Elemental would be the go to for Elemental and Enhancement, where it would have a single target ability, AoE ability, and a utility that could benefit the Shaman.

Earth Elemental would be for Warden (and Resto to a lesser extent). It would have an AoE attack, a taunt, and some sort of utility that could benefit the Shaman.

Obviously they could be interchangeable depending on if you needed more defense (I would assume the EE would have a defensive utility) or need more raid damage (where resto would use FE or something).

I've just never been a big 'pet' person. Nor have I ever really imagined Shaman as a class that fit that role. The closest I would come to a compromise (outside my own suggestion for a 90 talent - which I'm still very iffy on) would be perma-wolves for Enh. But obviously they would have to be redone, and could only happen if PE went away.

Finally, to add to the part you quoted. Shaman are still able to wield all elements. Specifically with Elementals, we're not really 'masters' of them. Rather, we just ask for their aid. So using a FE for Enh isn't really stretching outside of anything. I just like a clearly defined theme within stuff.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-07 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by radux View Post
    realize this fell off the main page, and it's been about a week and a half. But i've been working on this little bit by little bit for a while now.

I'm just linking the document through google docs since the length would cause me to hit the word cap for a single post. And i don't feel like reformatting this for vbulletin.

So. Criticism welcome and stuff. Will happily answer questions if i didn't make something clear in my tossed-together comments.

Also, i didn't 100% finish. Still need to finish out 3 more talents. But i totally just hit a wall and felt it was close enough, since i didn't want to push off posting this more and more.

Edit:

I also should clarify on other things i would improve:
    - better/new elemental aoe that isn't just cl spam.
    - several things with warden. Specifically a more consistent aoe.

all of my money

:q________________

Deleted
    Honestly not really. As it is I don't even like Primal Elementalist (live or my version).
    My perfect-world-ideal solution would be to get rid of that level 90 talent, but I'm not sure what would replace it.

As per what I have down in my suggestion, basically Fire Elemental would be the go to for Elemental and Enhancement, where it would have a single target ability, AoE ability, and a utility that could benefit the Shaman.

Earth Elemental would be for Warden (and Resto to a lesser extent). It would have an AoE attack, a taunt, and some sort of utility that could benefit the Shaman.

Obviously they could be interchangeable depending on if you needed more defense (I would assume the EE would have a defensive utility) or need more raid damage (where resto would use FE or something).

I've just never been a big 'pet' person. Nor have I ever really imagined Shaman as a class that fit that role. The closest I would come to a compromise (outside my own suggestion for a 90 talent - which I'm still very iffy on) would be perma-wolves for Enh. But obviously they would have to be redone, and could only happen if PE went away.

Finally, to add to the part you quoted. Shaman are still able to wield all elements. Specifically with Elementals, we're not really 'masters' of them. Rather, we just ask for their aid. So using a FE for Enh isn't really stretching outside of anything. I just like a clearly defined theme within stuff.
    Well i do agree with you that Shamans shouldn't be a Pet class, but i read that you wanted to change the Enhancement shaman to more of a Lightning Warrior. Combined with that you want to give more focus towards an Specific Element. I would have connected the Air Elemental for Enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    Well i do agree with you that Shamans shouldn't be a Pet class, but i read that you wanted to change the Enhancement shaman to more of a Lightning Warrior. Combined with that you want to give more focus towards an Specific Element. I would have connected the Air Elemental for Enhance.
    Yeah I agree with that. But like I said, I really haven't been a huge fan of Elemental (EE, FE) totems, or their talent for a while. They work, but not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Elemental Shaman I'd like to see:

Rolling Thunder
    ...additionally each charge of Lightning Shield reduces your damage taken by 2.5%

Fulmination
    The following abilities now consume your Lightning Shield charges for additional effects.
    Earth Shock - Each consumed charge increases Earth Shocks damage by x% and an additional y% on targets below 20% health
    Earthquake* - Each consumed charge reduces the cast time of Earthquake by 15%

*Reduce the mana cost of Earthquake and change it to a 100% chance to knockdown on initial tick (no chances on subsequent ticks), 45 second cooldown.

Glyph of Frost Shock - Your Frost Shock spell no longer shares a cooldown with Flame Shock and Earth Shock and no longer deals any damage.

New: Astral Switch
    Instantly switch places with your currently selected target.

Glyph of Ghost Wolf - Baseline
    Glyph of Unleashed Lightning - Baseline (and only increases cast time when moving)

Capacitor - Reduce the baseline charge time by 1 second, change the glyph to give it a 1 second delay but adding 15s to the cooldown
    Hex - Reduce the cooldown by 10 seconds

Clear Casting - No longer affects damage dealing spells, instead reduces the cast time and mana cost of healing spells by 25% per charge and increases healing done by 10% (stacking up to 4 times)

Totems
    - No longer mutually exclusive based on school
    - Stonebulwark and Grounding can be used while stunned or silenced
    - Earthbind/grab, Magma, and Capacitor can be summoned within 30y baseline
    - Change level 45 talents to Ghost Wolf themed tier and rework totem cooldowns

Level 15 Talents
    Buffed; add a HoT to NG, SBT can stack, AS has an increased duration.
    Last edited by Amaravati; 2013-02-08 at 01:09 AM.

The only thing I'd like to see is more Earth spells for the class as a whole. Add that, and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    - Air and Water elemental totems. Water heals and Air does... something... buffs and/or debuff... I don't know just do it! make it just stand there or something XD
    I've never understood why we can't summon all four elementals any why the crap Frost Mages get a Water Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post

Resto: Not really sure that they need much, except maybe better mana management in long PVE fights.
    Personally, Resto mana management is great. It always has been imo. I would say that there needs to be another option for regen besides Telluric Currents for those who don't want it.
    I play all heal specs. Shaman is the best. Would be better if I could be Worgen. But thanks to allied races, I'll settle for Earthen.

I'd be pretty happy just getting a sanctity of battle-esq passive for enhancement.

i got a good 1 i was wondering about...nature damage is increased by X% while lava burst is on CD.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

EDIT:

I also should clarify on other things I would improve:
    - Better/New Elemental AoE that isn't just CL spam.
    - Several things with Warden. Specifically a more consistent AoE.
    I like seeing someone taking Warden seriously. 2Hd tank FTW.

I can't tell from your document, but what would you imagine their gear stats would be? I don't see any reliance on either Int or Agi, your Mail Spec enhances Stamina, and since (I don't believe) there is any Dodge mail I don't know what incentive a Warden would have to take Agi over Int.