Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    4) An escape move for elemental and an gap closer for enhance. For elemental it'd be cool if they could have something along the lines of blink, a hunter's disengage warlock's teleport or something like that => getting out of trouble fast and reliably. As for enhance, I could picture either an instant gap closer (we could get our wolve's leap) or an freedom effect added UF:FB (though baseline would be nice).
    A possibility to get both things in one ability would be an ele/enh only ability along the lines of a warrior's jump. Ele could use it to leap into safety, an enh could chase enemies with it. Since you wouldn't need a target for it, you could also use it to gap close towards enemies behind pillars.
    I think elemental would be fine if we could use the things we already have more easily BUT since its a new expansion we're writing about, I would like if Thunderstorm caused us to be untargetable for 3 secs after we use it. Part of the draw back of the current TS is that its easy for melee to get right back on top of us after we've used it. So the idea would be we TS and since they can't target us they can't charge, shadowstep, etc. Not gonna help as much if we're stunned but if we're not we have 3 secs to hump the closest pillar and/or heal.

I think you'd be much more likely to get either a gap closer or a freedom effect but not both. Which you said already but I'd strike out the "possibility to get both things in one ability." I think it may be too much to have both, it'd probably be tied up in talents so that you'd have to choose one or the other. I'm thinking of all the uptime enhance would have. I believe we already have 2 ranged snares in frost shock and unleash frost baseline; or we can have ranged snares plus ranged roots depending on talents. So when you combine both a gap closer and a freedom effect with the snares and roots plus ghostwolf plus the glyph of ghostwolf and movement speed increase through unleashed fury frostbrand, I think that's most likely too strong. It seems very cata sub rogue-ish to me which I have to think there's a reason they changed them in MoP so that they wouldn't have easy access to all that stuff. I don't think windwalk being put on that tier was arbitrary, I think they don't want us to have freedom and an instant ranged root at the same time. So I don't think you'd be able to get a gap closer on top of it. The closest spec to that right now I think, not sure, is feral in 5.2 with the mass entanglement change but they're still restricted to a ranged root or a ranged snare, as far as I know. Doesn't make much of a difference given all the tools they have but its still not a point in enhancement's favor.

8) Hex: Change it so that in pvp as well, it will cause the target to hop around like it already does in pve. Furthermore, it'll become instant for enhance (so that we can use MSW more freely in pvp) and have it's cooldown removed/lowered to a very short time for elemental.
    As for hex, I tend to think its fine the way it is because I think of the negatives that would happen if they changed it to be more like polymorph for elemental. It's likely it would become magic instead of a curse. Even if thats not a big deal to some players, it would probably break immediately on damage, and so now we'd have a glyph of hex that removes damage over time effects from targets. That's a major glyph and something I'd rather not see. I can't imagine that they'd have it be magic for elemental and leave it a curse for enhancement. So now enhancement has what its always wanted in an instant hex...except now its magic, breaks on damage, and they need a major glyph so that it doesn't. So if they changed it, I think its unlikely they make it a full polymorph. I could see it being a full loss of control but not spammable or not much lower cd than now. OR I could see them lowering the cd to maybe 30 secs but not being a full loss of control. Pretty much not spammable in either scenario. All of that is simply because its a curse and I don't think there's any way they keep it a curse if they make those changes.

7) Capacitor changes the way it functions. It could work either like Shadowfury (either exactly the same, or higher cooldown/higher duration), being instant and throwable baseline. OR, make it like a hunter's trap (invisible, and when you walk into it, it triggers) or maybe like a moonkin's mushrooms (remote controlled aoe stun mine)
    Or, if all of that would be to much; change it to a HoJ clone. I prefer a reliable single target stun over a bad aoe one
    Capacitor is tricky, I feel, because of resto. Although I really really like the idea of making it invisible and triggering when players walk into it, again there's resto.
    Last edited by shell; 2013-01-22 at 10:36 PM.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I think elemental would be fine if we could use the things we already have more easily
    Yeah, maybe. As I said, I dont really have experience as ele, and looking at a leap as I explained it, both TS and the jump would share that weakness.

My thought was basically that every melee except ret and enh have an instant gap closer. And ret got a small window of freedom coupled with movement speed increase. I think enhance needs one of the two to be competitive in terms of gap closing. It's true though that we still have stuff like Frost Shock, which is based on the fact that we do not have precisely those two things. If we applied the idea of Frost Shock having a separate cooldown though, there's always the option of changing that cooldown to a setting where gap closing wont be op. I could also imagine for example for our gap closer to have a little bit higher cooldown, as balancing counterweight when looking at wind shear having a lower cd than other interupts.
    That'd be the fine print though. I'm not saying there'd be no testing involved.

it would probably break immediately on damage
    Depends. In terms of enhance's version, it would be more like a rogue's blind (which does immediately break on damage, yes, but is physical, hence not dispellable, so I dont think it remaining a curse with a teeny-tiny damage tolerance would be op or something). In enhance's case, there's also to consider that with searing flames gone, the only dot left is flame shock, which we hardly use at all (so no problem here).
    As for elemental's version: It would depend wether or not the cooldown would be only lowered, or removed completely. Maybe instead of a glyph, Hex could supress the damage of exactly one dot: Flame Shock. That would mean that as long as the shaman himself doesn't dot stupidly, there'd be no problem. His allies would still have to dot smartly though (here a glyph could then chip in, removing dots from the hexed target, even if not yours).

Personally, I dont see the curse thingy as that much of an deciding factor. Other CCs are not dispellable at all (Blind, Cyclone, Intimidating Shout) or similarly to Hex as a curse, requiring niche-dispells like Wyvern Sting (poison). Leaving aside that any of the named classes have better CC than us, mages and druids are rather often seen in arena as well, so it's not like a curse would impossible to conquer. It is true though that ele-Hex would be the only spammable CC curse, so maybe instead of removing the cd, it should be lowered to like 24 seconds instead.
    And looking how shamans are able to get stronger elementals under direct control, which seems contradicting, I dont see it as a crime either if an enhances' Hex would be a curse or physical, with an elemental's being magic.
    OR make Hex ele/resto only, with it being magic and ele having the removed cooldown and enhance gets a new CC, instant cast with 40-60sec cd.

Capacitor is tricky, I feel, because of resto. Although I really really like the idea of making it invisible and triggering when players walk into it, again there's resto.
    You could always make those distinctions spec specfic. It's not like there are limiting factors here. You could also make the ability enh/ele only, as it's not like resto being a weak spec, and CPT unbuffed not being all that useful anyways to them.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-01-23 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

... or, destroying capacitator get's you stunned for 2-3 sec. Maybe pp would at least move away from the totem, instead of just killing it...

Another idea i read on another treat was thunderstorm making you untargetable for a few seconds... Think this would be very helpfull, and would give you at least some time in order to heal up, or create some distance ...

[QUOTE=Enaina;19772062]Why? I see alot of people who request this. It's a unique thing to the spec (not a huge one though) that we don't benefit from crit in all ways.

It mostly seems like people find that they are 'cheated' from a stat because they expect all stats to be pure win in all situations, and then see it as a way to get a free buff to Lava Burst. Make it scale with crit and nerf the damage?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:41 PM ----------

The reason you sit on max stacks is because you didn't handle your shock CDs properly. It's one of the skill caps to the spec that allows eg. me to be a better shaman than you. I hope they never, ever do that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:44 PM ----------

Do you place your totems out in the open? And do your team mates not understand to protect important

Mad much? The shock management comment just makes you look ignorant. No amount of shock management is going to stop me from sitting at fulm cap when I'm chain lightning or when I'm using t14 4 set. Also, trust me you're no where near my skill level. The only thing you succeeded in this post is proving that your a deuchebag who lacks social skills

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-01-23 at 02:01 PM.

I would love a glyph that would allow us to use an elemental as a pet similar to how a frost mage can have the water elemental as a pet.

I would also love it if they could make it so that totems do not cause agro, its a bit annoying when im doing dailies and i forget to pull up the glyphed extra totems and a random mob will hit them and chase me down.

earth totem - stomps the ground when summoned; trows everybody within 20 yards range high into the air. All players affected come down on a parachute ... 2min cd

shamans should get earth ascenance and the big bad voodoo from shadow hunters in WC3.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

My idea is to give Enhacement Lava Surge proc.

Lava Surge (Enhacement edtion): Your Searing Totem's Bolts and your autoattacks have X% chance to reset cooldown on your Lava Lash ability. Lava Lash via Lava Surge will act as your target was already set with 5 charges of Sering Flames and no charges will be consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post

Lava Surge (Enhacement edtion): Your Searing Totem's Bolts and your autoattacks have X% chance to reset cooldown on your Lava Lash ability. Lava Lash via Lava Surge will act as your target was already set with 5 charges of Sering Flames and no charges will be consumed.
    Oh yes please. Pretty please.

Realistically, I'd like to see Enhancement get viable aoe, a bonus from crit to LvB for Ele, and an execute mechanic for both. These would greatly address Enh's main weakness and Ele's laughable dps and lack of endgame scaling.

Less realistically, I'd LOVE to see shaman get a fourth spec, allowing Ele to focus on fire, Enh on wind, Resto on water, and the fourth spec (Earthwarden maybe?) to be a genuine tank spec using shields and the earth element.

Yeah, that's been going around for awhile (since before mop beta I think) as our idea of fixing haste. Guess from a primarily scaling point it wouldn't be needed anymore, but it still would be damn nice to have some more...fluidity (or however you might call it) in the spec. Atm everything is set into stone in form of cooldowns, except msw (which is rather low priority when considering you'll often have to hold off msw in favor of LL/SS coming of cd).

Maybe a little bonus to MSW to make it a little more rewarding/less punishing to use ASAP:
    Spiritual Loop: passive
    When you use a 5 charge maelstrom weapon stack within 5 seconds of the fith stack building, your next five melee hits (lotsa fives )have a 20% increased chance of proccing maelstrom weapon, and increasing your next MSW5x Spells' damage or healing done by 50%.
    Something like that would discourage hardcasting, encourage spending MSW fast and looingk out more for those stacks, just like in the good old days, a higher priority on LB. Enh would get some of that healing lost with the pvp-offheal nerf back, and having to hold of charges for hex in pvp would be less useful, since spending them asap will help proc them faster right after.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Guess from a primarily scaling point it wouldn't be needed anymore, but it still would be damn nice to have some more...fluidity (or however you might call it) in the spec.
    Just because our haste issues are fixed by having some faster autoattacks, doesn't mean Enhacement can't have a melee proc. Also, paladins have Sanctity of Battle and a proc.

Atm everything is set into stone in form of cooldowns
    And I hate it. I secretly dream about some resource management added into Enhacement (and maybe even Elemental). Right now, I think shaman is a little too boring.

Just because our haste issues are fixed by having some faster autoattacks, doesn't mean Enhacement can't have a melee proc. Also, paladins have Sanctity of Battle and a proc.
    That's what I was saying .

And I hate it. I secretly dream about some resource management added into Enhacement (and maybe even Elemental). Right now, I think shaman is a little too boring.
    Yeah, enh is basically whack-a-mole now. Nothing's easier than a priority list based on fixed cooldowns. I miss wotlk days, where a good and a bad enh would be so much further apart, and where you had to watch stuff that could change without notice (LS suddenly wearing off or having lots of MSW procs all of a sudden... or not knowing wether or not your next LL/SS will proc MSW).

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    - feral spirits need to updated and look red for horde. (see WC3) it would be sexy with my tier 6 pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97016/big-bad-voodoo

An Oldy but a goody from WC3 and used by Vol'jin in the Dagger in the Dark Scenario

Personally I would Name it "Big Bad Voodoo" for Horde Shamans and something like "Ancestral Bulwark" for Alliance like what they did for Bloodlust/Heroism
    these are sick.

I want an AOE cooldown that lifts you up into the air, and casts Chain Lightning on every target within 10 yards for 50% damage, or something like that.
    Like the Broken Earthen Ring shaman uses on the Naga at the start of the Vashj'ir questline.
    Last edited by Platex; 2013-01-28 at 03:40 AM.

Realize this fell off the main page, and it's been about a week and a half. But I've been working on this little bit by little bit for a while now.

I'm just linking the document through Google Docs since the length would cause me to hit the word cap for a single post. And I don't feel like reformatting this for VBulletin.

Yes. I know some of it is a little over the top.

So. Criticism welcome and stuff. Will happily answer questions if I didn't make something clear in my tossed-together comments.

Also, I didn't 100% finish. Still need to finish out 3 more talents. But I totally just hit a wall and felt it was close enough, since I didn't want to push off posting this more and more.

EDIT:

I also should clarify on other things I would improve:
    - Better/New Elemental AoE that isn't just CL spam.
    - Several things with Warden. Specifically a more consistent AoE.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-07 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Realize this fell off the main page, and it's been about a week and a half. But I've been working on this little bit by little bit for a while now.

I'm just linking the document through Google Docs since the length would cause me to hit the word cap for a single post. And I don't feel like reformatting this for VBulletin.

So. Criticism welcome and stuff. Will happily answer questions if I didn't make something clear in my tossed-together comments.

Also, I didn't 100% finish. Still need to finish out 3 more talents. But I totally just hit a wall and felt it was close enough, since I didn't want to push off posting this more and more.
    Wow, this is insane (in a really good way). Haven't read through it all yet but do you think given the damage buffs elemental would still keep elemental fury? I guess it makes crit more interesting, on the other hand, we have it now and people don't really pay attention to the stat, its just sort of there.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

do you think given the damage buffs elemental would still keep elemental fury? I guess it makes crit more interesting, on the other hand, we have it now and people don't really pay attention to the stat, its just sort of there.
    Obviously LvB would still devalue Crit to an extent. Part of my slight attempt to improve Critical Strike was to use a charge sensitive channel (that gets damage boosters).

So, let's just say that the reaction proc (now Fulmination, Heat Lightning in my changes) do the same damage at max stacks and have 2 things happen:
    - Fulmination Crits or it doesn't.
    - Heat Lightning has 5 chances to Crit. Each of those have the 250% Crit damage modifier.

I didn't think 100% on stat values when doing it, but I don't think my solution would actually be worse in terms of stat values.

I always liked being sort of a Burst Machine, but without doing a carbon copy of Chaos Bolt (don't want to), Lava Burst will always devalue crit to an extent, unless you consider huge dps things like Perma-elementals

EDIT: now that I re-look over this, I notice a lot of really minor mistakes in terms of syntax (like not clarifying that Searing Flames is now basically Flame Shock, and I didn't make that entire change throughout).

I should also clarify about theme:

Shaman are the Master's of Elements. I just tried to make each spec a "master" of an element, though they can obviously use other stuff.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-07 at 06:21 AM.

It is a fact that every single Idea I had for shamans in the past already got implemented. Most of the time not for shamans, but.......well, at least~

I had an awesome idea for an pretty cool totem system which would have been similiar to how the monk statues are working. But then those monk statues happened. The list could go on further. ^^

Maybe moreso next patch than expansion, but Lava Burst's damage being increased by Crit. HEY now we have a reason to ele blast before lust+ascendance combo other than a 1/3 chance of it being useful.

Earthquake not being a waste of time/mana. Feels like I'm casting astral recall out there to drop a horrible AOE.

Flame Shock spread'd be neat.

LB honestly should get a new cool gimmick to it. Just borrowing ideas from other classes now... something like the Arcane stacks thing. Casting it increases its damage but has some negative effect. Less chance of lightning shield charge?

Searing totem is almost a waste of time. I suppose 1.5k DPS for a GCD every min isn't AWFUL, but make it so that we HAVE to have it down like we used to.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-02-07 at 09:22 AM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Shaman are the Master's of Elements. I just tried to make each spec a "master" of an element, though they can obviously use other stuff.
    I have read it all, and really is a nice piece of work.

Have you ever thought of adding an Air Elemental Totem or Pet for Enhancement and make the Earth Elemental for Warden(like Xuen).