Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Earth Warden : Shaman Tank spec

(yes I know we heard about sham tank for years but I love to create new spell and spec etc on the talent grid maker)

First, look spells here :

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=434001

Explanations :

Roleplay : After the Cataclysm, Thrall taught to some shamans of the Earth Ring what he himself learned from his experience while he was the Earth Warden.

Spec description : A clanic warden, using the power of the earth to protect himself and his allies against foes.

Gameplay : attack ennemies with quick and critical strikes to increase block/parry and ressource regeneration (mana and earth mother's bless) ; use ressource and healing magic to keep himself alive.

A) Opening of the fight

1) Keep active Magma Shield and Rockbitter Weapon
    2) Use Thrall?s Strike (TsS) a first time to concentrate the spell and a second time to launch it to the ennemy.
    3) Run on the ennemy and use Earth Shock to gain an Earth Mother?s Bless (EMB)
    4) If Energizing Earth (EE) had proc, use again TsS just before reaching the ennemy

B) Single Target Rotation

1) Use Primal Defense or Unwavering Strenght to block/parry and to get EMB
    2) Use TsS if EE is active and you have enough mana
    3) Use Earth Shock to keep Weakened Blow and to have a chance to proc EE
    4) Use Searing Totem when Totemic Strikes is active (use an other element than fire if you dont need to improve your survival or damage)
    5) Keep Searing Totem active and use Healing Stream Totem on CD
    6) Use Primal Strike to get mana and a little amount of health
    7) Use TsS without EE if you dont need to run the next 20s

C) Multi Target Rotation

Replace Searing Totem by Magma Totem and Primal Strike by Frenzied Strikes

D) How to consume your EMB

1) Using Stone Armor is better when :
    - You are full health and have a lot of overhealing HoT and absorb effect
    - You are in a multi target situation
    - A great physical damage is incoming
    - You are going to die the next 2s
    2) Chain Heal is better when some melee matters are very injured and you or your healers will not meet difficulties in the next 15s to keep you alive
    3) Healing Surge is the best for all other situations

You can have 2 charge of EMB, so you can spare one to delaying its consumming.

E) Survival CD

1) Use Ancestral Assistance when you have a great chance to die in the next 4s or if you will take a lot of damage the next 12s
    2) Use Ascendance if you will take a lot of damage the next 15s
    3) Use Spiritwalker?s Grace to increases your haste and so your block chance when you take medium damage
    4) Use Lightness of the Wind on CD or delaying it if you will take great damage you can dodge the next 45s
    5) Use Mudbath when you are going to the last 12s and you have already decent self hot on you.

F) Statistics

1) Stamina increases your health and the healing done by your Primal Weapon effect
    2) Agility increases your dodge, crit, attack power, spell power and improve your Stone Armor
    3) Dodge increases your dodge chance but also your haste with Earthwalker?s Grace
    4) Parry increases your parry chance or your block chance
    5) Crit increases your damage, healing and your chance to block through Ancestral Defense
    6) Haste increases your damage and your chance to block through Ancestral Defense
    7) Mastery Increases your Stone Armor and your hot
    8) Hit Cap and Expertise Cap increase your damage, the healing done by your Primal Weapons and your chance to block Through Ancestral Defense

The thing I would love enhancement to have, is a non targetted Melee cleave that deals frost damage to work with our mastery (perhaps even make it lower attack speed or slow, but perhaps that would be too overpowered). Enhancement's AoE's build up time is just longer on average than every other class and can be incredibly tedious on some fights.

You could even have it doing something like the damage increases per target hit up to 5 then obviously evens out when there's loads of mobs there (like all other AoE) to make sure that it's not used in single target rotations as well, just so that we have something to press when Flame shocks are spread, fire nova is on CD and we're not just doing our single target rotation.

Also because fights like Lei Shi when the only AoE you have is some piss poor magma totem, it's quite irritating. especially if you had a Fire Elemental up before he casts Hide so you dont want to get rid of the Elemental.

So yeah, Either the Ice Cleave, or hell, remove elementals from totem limitations, that would be nice.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    My ideas for the Shaman talent tree;

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=437001

New talents:

Totemic Protection (Replaces Nature's Guardian): When you place a totem, damage done to you is reduced by 12%, your movement speed is increased by 10%, and your healing done to yourself is increased by 8%.

Repulsion Totem (Replaces Windwalk totem which goes baseline): 1 minute cooldown.

Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that repels enemies.

Elemental Harmony (Replaces Call of Elements which goes baseline): You may summon multiple totems of the same element simultaneously. Excluding Fire totems.

Totemic Focus (Replaces Totemic Restoration): Increases the duration of your totems by 40%, and the range of your totem's effects by 30%.

Trap Totem (Replaces Totemic Projection which goes baseline): 1.5 Minute Cooldown

Allows you to detonate a totem with less than a 1 minute cooldown, effecting any target in an 8 yard radius with a random effect (sleep, stun, silence, disorient, horror, etc.) Using this ability increases the detonated totem's cooldown by 50%.

Cloud Burst (Replaces Conductivity):

Your Healing Rain spell is now instant cast. Its healing effectiveness, radius, and cooldown are increased by 100%.

Spirit Wolf (Replaces Primal Elementalist): Empowered Ghost Wolf Form. Increases Ghost Wolf's total movement speed by 10%, physical damage done to you while in this form is reduced by 5%, allows your Ghost Wolf form to break roots and snares when cast, regenerates 3% of maximum health every 5 seconds, and While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.

Revised talents:

Astral Shift can be cast while stunned, silenced, feared, etc. Duration increased by 2 seconds.
    Elemental Blast heals when it hits a friendly target.

Your suggestions are strange Teriz.

Your T45 is not balanced. In PvE you have to take Totemic Focus because Trap Totem is useless and Elemental Harmony is not very strong.

Your T90 is also not balanced. EB and UF increase your dps or heal. Spirit Wolf increases your survival and movement ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    Your suggestions are strange Teriz.

Your T45 is not balanced. In PvE you have to take Totemic Focus because Trap Totem is useless and Elemental Harmony is not very strong.

Your T90 is also not balanced. EB and UF increase your dps or heal. Spirit Wolf increases your survival and movement ...
    Thank you for the quick feedback. I'll tweak these some more a bit later to make them a bit more balanced.

spirit woulf talent then should be some dps increase you may cast ofencive spels or attacks while in that form

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post

I think this desire for dot spreading aoe damage comes frome looking at other classes numbers after an AoE pull and thinking that they won over us or something like that. So what if Surv hunters press a button and boom they aoe like mad men. Thats theyr thing, let em be and be smart enough to understand that the people that spam dmg metters after killing a bunch of trash mobs on the way to a boss fight are compensating for their lack of performance in other areas

it's not about topping the meters !

I wrote my dot-spreading-suggestions after lacking performance on 'will of the emperor hc25' as elemental. And also because i think spamming chain lighting for minutes in a row on trashmobs isn't really valuable gameplay....

5.2 gonna boost our CL-damage even more, making EQ and magma totem even more obsolete, while increasing our brainless CL-spamming... it's a pity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    spirit woulf talent then should be some dps increase you may cast ofencive spels or attacks while in that form
    I was thinking more along the lines of this;

Spirit Wolf (Replaces Primal Elementalist): Empowered Ghost Wolf Form. Increases Ghost Wolf's total movement speed by 10%, physical damage done to you while in this form is reduced by 5%, allows your Ghost Wolf form to break roots and snares when cast, regenerates 3% of maximum health every 5 seconds, and While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.

When you leave Spirit Wolf form, you are granted Enhanced Spirit.

Enhanced Spirit: Your healing and damage are increased by 10% for 12 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Still working on tier 45.....

Deleted
    In defense of the shaman AoE design: I know we would all love a 1 button "I win at AoE" spell but I don´t think we need it. At least as enhacement I kind of like the way our AoE works. Do we make strong burst AoE like mages and hunters? no but our long term AoE is pretty strong and that fills a niche as much as the quick burst one does.

I think this desire for dot spreading aoe damage comes frome looking at other classes numbers after an AoE pull and thinking that they won over us or something like that. So what if Surv hunters press a button and boom they aoe like mad men. Thats theyr thing, let em be and be smart enough to understand that the people that spam dmg metters after killing a bunch of trash mobs on the way to a boss fight are compensating for their lack of performance in other areas
    I agree, but having a Lava Lash spreading our Flameshock to do any aoe isn't a good desing out there. I would love to have a two-buttoned aoe instead of three. Just make a spell that place a DoT and spread it to the nearest enemies. Fire Nova is fine. I don't need a Howling Blast 2.0 to be happy.
    Last edited by mmoc347b925a37; 2013-01-22 at 04:39 PM.

Mostly pvp:
    1) Remove elemental brackets among totems, except fire totems, which will simply be treated as the elemental totems: you can have only one active at a time. Outside of that, you can place any totem combination, like using grounding to guard stormlash or wind walk for example. Or being able to place earthbind, tremor or bulwark without cancelling Earth Elemental or vice versa.

2) A buff to totem survivability. Maybe add that to Stormbulwark totem (during its duration, it also places an stacking absorb on other totems, or make SBT baseline, and the protecting-other-totems part becomes the talent instead. Or making that a talent in the totem tier.

3) While we're talking about SBT: I dunno if it's still like that, but I heard the absorb does not increase over time. Every pulse, it is reset to the same low amount of absorb. That's kinda weird really, since someone ignoring SBT for long and deciding to attack its absorb late should be punished by a high-stacked absorb. I dunno if the absorb is stealable/dispellable atm, but if it is, that should be changed. SBT isn't that strong, and with the ability to stack it and to detroy the totem, at least the stacking absorb should be able to be left alone.

4) An escape move for elemental and an gap closer for enhance. For elemental it'd be cool if they could have something along the lines of blink, a hunter's disengage warlock's teleport or something like that => getting out of trouble fast and reliably. As for enhance, I could picture either an instant gap closer (we could get our wolve's leap) or an freedom effect added UF:FB (though baseline would be nice).
    A possibility to get both things in one ability would be an ele/enh only ability along the lines of a warrior's jump. Ele could use it to leap into safety, an enh could chase enemies with it. Since you wouldn't need a target for it, you could also use it to gap close towards enemies behind pillars.

5) Optional (albeit very nice to have) would be an execute ability. I imagine that very helpful for both specs, as ele still seems rather easy to lockdown when compared to other casters, since lb, lvb, cl and eb all are casts. Es doesn't do damage unless you've had successful lbs before, so it is down to fs proccing instant lvbs. As for enhance: well, if we got the above gap closer, I guess finishing an opponent would become much easier, not mentioning there's still Ascendence which allows most of our dmg on range. Still, I think an execute would be well received even so.

6) Vanity: minor glyphs: Feral Spirits get new models (baseline) and with glyph change species (spirit hawks, spirit bears, spirit pumas, spirit wind serpents...)

7) Capacitor changes the way it functions. It could work either like Shadowfury (either exactly the same, or higher cooldown/higher duration), being instant and throwable baseline. OR, make it like a hunter's trap (invisible, and when you walk into it, it triggers) or maybe like a moonkin's mushrooms (remote controlled aoe stun mine)
    Or, if all of that would be to much; change it to a HoJ clone. I prefer a reliable single target stun over a bad aoe one

8) Hex: Change it so that in pvp as well, it will cause the target to hop around like it already does in pve. Furthermore, it'll become instant for enhance (so that we can use MSW more freely in pvp) and have it's cooldown removed/lowered to a very short time for elemental.

9) Style/Lore: As others pointed out: More frost based stuff. I wouldn't mind more emphasis on the spirit-theme either (like a spiritual fighting form (though that's kinda Ascendence-esque))

10) Something to make selfhealing for elemental easier. I haven't played ele, but I imagine it as a pain having only casted heals aside from totems (and the new flame shock glyph, which I doubt is that strong). Maybe the ability of an instant healing surge everytime you... I dont know... hit your target with either Earth or Flame Shock or something (lowered amount maybe, likely op to have an instant heal avaiable every 5 seks).

11) Improved imbue handling. I still see it as a waste how UE/UF is handled in correlation with it. Plus that 4pc pvp bonus. Maybe reduce the gcd on the imbues, so that players can macro it. Or changing it to something similar as shocks, dunno.

Mostly wanting improvements about existing stuff. Something for the eye, I would not deny either though (like getting cooler effects on UE/F, new GW/Feral Spirit looks, or impressive looking stuff like fork lightnings, ice or rock spikes popping up from the ground, actual lava, maybe abilities involving mist(could be similar to smoke bomb).
    Those would then add partly new stuff though, which requires entirely balancing approach.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-01-22 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post

Let's try this;

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=437001

Elemental Shields (Replaces Nature's Guardian): While surrounded by your elemental shields, all damage taken by you is reduced by 15%.

Elemental Harmony (Replaces Call of Elements which is now baseline): You may summon multiple totems of the same element simultaneously. Excluding Fire totems.

In addition, when you summon 2 totems of the same element, a third totem appears to assist the Shaman. This totem counts as a third totem. Only 4 totems can be active at one time.

Earth Harmony Totem: Increases the stamina of you and your Earth totems. In addition, if your Earth totems are destroyed an enemy is stunned within 4 yards of the totem.
    Air Harmony Totem: Reduces the cooldown of your Air totems. In addition, your movement speed is increased by 10%.
    Water Harmony Totem: Increases healing done to you by 10%. In addition, the healing ticks from your water totems have a chance to remove a harmful magic effect from anyone it heals.

Mimic Totem (Replaces Totemic Projection which goes baseline): 2 Minute Cooldown

Copies the last active non-fire totem with a cooldown of 1 minute or less. Mimic Totem is effected by Call of Elements, and counts as an air, water, fire, or earth totem.

I have problems in 10 man with getting people to stay in my healing rain, how about something like this.
    Downpour - Downpour your current Healing Rain location finishing its duration and adding a heal over time affect equal to the remaining duration on all targets standing in it at the time of the downpour. 45 second cooldown
    I would also like to see the Glyph of Chaining changed. it would changed chain heal to be more like circle of healing.
    Glyph of Chaining - Makes your Chain Heal spell now instant cast , increases the distance between bounces by 100%, increases its healing by 50% and every bounce heals for the same amount, but adds a 6 second cooldown to the spell.
    and before I did have an idea for a hellfire type healing spell.
    Rain Cloud - channeled spell castable while moving- Places a Rain Cloud above the casters head healing all allies within 20 yards of the caster every .5 seconds, and increases casters movement speed by 25%.
    it would allow you to heal people by running through them kind of like spinning crane kick.
    Last edited by ezzio; 2013-01-22 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4) An escape move for elemental and an gap closer for enhance. For elemental it'd be cool if they could have something along the lines of blink, a hunter's disengage warlock's teleport or something like that => getting out of trouble fast and reliably. As for enhance, I could picture either an instant gap closer (we could get our wolve's leap) or an freedom effect added UF:FB (though baseline would be nice).
    A possibility to get both things in one ability would be an ele/enh only ability along the lines of a warrior's jump. Ele could use it to leap into safety, an enh could chase enemies with it. Since you wouldn't need a target for it, you could also use it to gap close towards enemies behind pillars.
    I think elemental would be fine if we could use the things we already have more easily BUT since its a new expansion we're writing about, I would like if Thunderstorm caused us to be untargetable for 3 secs after we use it. Part of the draw back of the current TS is that its easy for melee to get right back on top of us after we've used it. So the idea would be we TS and since they can't target us they can't charge, shadowstep, etc. Not gonna help as much if we're stunned but if we're not we have 3 secs to hump the closest pillar and/or heal.

I think you'd be much more likely to get either a gap closer or a freedom effect but not both. Which you said already but I'd strike out the "possibility to get both things in one ability." I think it may be too much to have both, it'd probably be tied up in talents so that you'd have to choose one or the other. I'm thinking of all the uptime enhance would have. I believe we already have 2 ranged snares in frost shock and unleash frost baseline; or we can have ranged snares plus ranged roots depending on talents. So when you combine both a gap closer and a freedom effect with the snares and roots plus ghostwolf plus the glyph of ghostwolf and movement speed increase through unleashed fury frostbrand, I think that's most likely too strong. It seems very cata sub rogue-ish to me which I have to think there's a reason they changed them in MoP so that they wouldn't have easy access to all that stuff. I don't think windwalk being put on that tier was arbitrary, I think they don't want us to have freedom and an instant ranged root at the same time. So I don't think you'd be able to get a gap closer on top of it. The closest spec to that right now I think, not sure, is feral in 5.2 with the mass entanglement change but they're still restricted to a ranged root or a ranged snare, as far as I know. Doesn't make much of a difference given all the tools they have but its still not a point in enhancement's favor.

8) Hex: Change it so that in pvp as well, it will cause the target to hop around like it already does in pve. Furthermore, it'll become instant for enhance (so that we can use MSW more freely in pvp) and have it's cooldown removed/lowered to a very short time for elemental.
    As for hex, I tend to think its fine the way it is because I think of the negatives that would happen if they changed it to be more like polymorph for elemental. It's likely it would become magic instead of a curse. Even if thats not a big deal to some players, it would probably break immediately on damage, and so now we'd have a glyph of hex that removes damage over time effects from targets. That's a major glyph and something I'd rather not see. I can't imagine that they'd have it be magic for elemental and leave it a curse for enhancement. So now enhancement has what its always wanted in an instant hex...except now its magic, breaks on damage, and they need a major glyph so that it doesn't. So if they changed it, I think its unlikely they make it a full polymorph. I could see it being a full loss of control but not spammable or not much lower cd than now. OR I could see them lowering the cd to maybe 30 secs but not being a full loss of control. Pretty much not spammable in either scenario. All of that is simply because its a curse and I don't think there's any way they keep it a curse if they make those changes.

7) Capacitor changes the way it functions. It could work either like Shadowfury (either exactly the same, or higher cooldown/higher duration), being instant and throwable baseline. OR, make it like a hunter's trap (invisible, and when you walk into it, it triggers) or maybe like a moonkin's mushrooms (remote controlled aoe stun mine)
    Or, if all of that would be to much; change it to a HoJ clone. I prefer a reliable single target stun over a bad aoe one
    Capacitor is tricky, I feel, because of resto. Although I really really like the idea of making it invisible and triggering when players walk into it, again there's resto.
    Last edited by shell; 2013-01-22 at 10:36 PM.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I think elemental would be fine if we could use the things we already have more easily
    Yeah, maybe. As I said, I dont really have experience as ele, and looking at a leap as I explained it, both TS and the jump would share that weakness.

My thought was basically that every melee except ret and enh have an instant gap closer. And ret got a small window of freedom coupled with movement speed increase. I think enhance needs one of the two to be competitive in terms of gap closing. It's true though that we still have stuff like Frost Shock, which is based on the fact that we do not have precisely those two things. If we applied the idea of Frost Shock having a separate cooldown though, there's always the option of changing that cooldown to a setting where gap closing wont be op. I could also imagine for example for our gap closer to have a little bit higher cooldown, as balancing counterweight when looking at wind shear having a lower cd than other interupts.
    That'd be the fine print though. I'm not saying there'd be no testing involved.

it would probably break immediately on damage
    Depends. In terms of enhance's version, it would be more like a rogue's blind (which does immediately break on damage, yes, but is physical, hence not dispellable, so I dont think it remaining a curse with a teeny-tiny damage tolerance would be op or something). In enhance's case, there's also to consider that with searing flames gone, the only dot left is flame shock, which we hardly use at all (so no problem here).
    As for elemental's version: It would depend wether or not the cooldown would be only lowered, or removed completely. Maybe instead of a glyph, Hex could supress the damage of exactly one dot: Flame Shock. That would mean that as long as the shaman himself doesn't dot stupidly, there'd be no problem. His allies would still have to dot smartly though (here a glyph could then chip in, removing dots from the hexed target, even if not yours).

Personally, I dont see the curse thingy as that much of an deciding factor. Other CCs are not dispellable at all (Blind, Cyclone, Intimidating Shout) or similarly to Hex as a curse, requiring niche-dispells like Wyvern Sting (poison). Leaving aside that any of the named classes have better CC than us, mages and druids are rather often seen in arena as well, so it's not like a curse would impossible to conquer. It is true though that ele-Hex would be the only spammable CC curse, so maybe instead of removing the cd, it should be lowered to like 24 seconds instead.
    And looking how shamans are able to get stronger elementals under direct control, which seems contradicting, I dont see it as a crime either if an enhances' Hex would be a curse or physical, with an elemental's being magic.
    OR make Hex ele/resto only, with it being magic and ele having the removed cooldown and enhance gets a new CC, instant cast with 40-60sec cd.

Capacitor is tricky, I feel, because of resto. Although I really really like the idea of making it invisible and triggering when players walk into it, again there's resto.
    You could always make those distinctions spec specfic. It's not like there are limiting factors here. You could also make the ability enh/ele only, as it's not like resto being a weak spec, and CPT unbuffed not being all that useful anyways to them.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-01-23 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post

... or, destroying capacitator get's you stunned for 2-3 sec. Maybe pp would at least move away from the totem, instead of just killing it...

Another idea i read on another treat was thunderstorm making you untargetable for a few seconds... Think this would be very helpfull, and would give you at least some time in order to heal up, or create some distance ...

[QUOTE=Enaina;19772062]Why? I see alot of people who request this. It's a unique thing to the spec (not a huge one though) that we don't benefit from crit in all ways.

It mostly seems like people find that they are 'cheated' from a stat because they expect all stats to be pure win in all situations, and then see it as a way to get a free buff to Lava Burst. Make it scale with crit and nerf the damage?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:41 PM ----------

The reason you sit on max stacks is because you didn't handle your shock CDs properly. It's one of the skill caps to the spec that allows eg. me to be a better shaman than you. I hope they never, ever do that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:44 PM ----------

Do you place your totems out in the open? And do your team mates not understand to protect important

Mad much? The shock management comment just makes you look ignorant. No amount of shock management is going to stop me from sitting at fulm cap when I'm chain lightning or when I'm using t14 4 set. Also, trust me you're no where near my skill level. The only thing you succeeded in this post is proving that your a deuchebag who lacks social skills

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-01-23 at 02:01 PM.

I would love a glyph that would allow us to use an elemental as a pet similar to how a frost mage can have the water elemental as a pet.

I would also love it if they could make it so that totems do not cause agro, its a bit annoying when im doing dailies and i forget to pull up the glyphed extra totems and a random mob will hit them and chase me down.

earth totem - stomps the ground when summoned; trows everybody within 20 yards range high into the air. All players affected come down on a parachute ... 2min cd

shamans should get earth ascenance and the big bad voodoo from shadow hunters in WC3.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    My idea is to give Enhacement Lava Surge proc.

Lava Surge (Enhacement edtion): Your Searing Totem's Bolts and your autoattacks have X% chance to reset cooldown on your Lava Lash ability. Lava Lash via Lava Surge will act as your target was already set with 5 charges of Sering Flames and no charges will be consumed.