Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Traitor Races.

wait wut?

The ability to take a nightelf or Orc or Drainai or Troll or Tauren or Gnome to the Opposite Faction through a long, hard quest chain.

Wont be a Pay To transfer feature, at least at first.
    What exactly would be the point of it not being pay-to-transfer? Pretty sure Blizz isn't going to shoot down a cashcow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    @Alceus, I actually love the idea. A neutral new looking space race.
    It would be nice if they had a decent looking humanoid model so
    they people don't have to pick elves or humans when they want
    armor to fit normally.
    Although for lore reasons, I would take Sargeras out and put
    Kil'jaeden as the major bad guy voice.
    Also did you mean for the Archive to be a Titian-isk place
    that is the last hold out for these people on their planet
    cause the archive sounds that way ... at least to me anyways.
    No more space-faring races; people already complain about/don't play as the "space-goat" Draenei enough as it is.

I know the Orcs are technically from another planet, but they were transported here not of their own volition and not via spaceship constructs. Too much of that and we're treading on StarCraft territory.

The vox populi seems to want ogre as Horde or high elf as Alliance but I actually think Drakonids could work as a neutral race and even the Arakkoa. For the latter, imagine a body type more along the lines of Falco from StarFox for the playable characters as opposed to the hunchback Dark Crystal analogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereals?

I like the story you've came up with, though I have to say this - at first read it's like a mash of Death Knight story line - the whole "bad guy whispering madness" deal - blended in with the Draenei - their relationship with the corrupted counterpart, the Man'ari Eredar.

I like the idea for the race you have there, it's unique to say at least. However I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing female counterparts since you said they had no hair, but spine/spikes. As much as I'd like to have a bald/spikes-for-hair character, I don't think this gives much character design to any gender. I'm thinking Sylvari from Guild Wars 2 here, but since this race can't have branches or leaves for hair, it doesn't really leave much of a customization.

But nonetheless, it's a good chain of thoughts here. Promising, could develop into something rather amazing. Perhaps this race were.. titans? Not the big kahuna titans, just minor races. It would give Sargeras a mean to wanting them destroyed or enslaved, since they are a powerful race. It would also give way to some Old God lore, and everybody loves Old Gods. :P

At least, I do. Just my two cents, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Ethereals?

I like the story you've came up with, though I have to say this - at first read it's like a mash of Death Knight story line - the whole "bad guy whispering madness" deal - blended in with the Draenei - their relationship with the corrupted counterpart, the Man'ari Eredar.

I like the idea for the race you have there, it's unique to say at least. However I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing female counterparts since you said they had no hair, but spine/spikes. As much as I'd like to have a bald/spikes-for-hair character, I don't think this gives much character design to any gender. I'm thinking Sylvari from Guild Wars 2 here, but since this race can't have branches or leaves for hair, it doesn't really leave much of a customization.

But nonetheless, it's a good chain of thoughts here. Promising, could develop into something rather amazing. Perhaps this race were.. titans? Not the big kahuna titans, just minor races. It would give Sargeras a mean to wanting them destroyed or enslaved, since they are a powerful race. It would also give way to some Old God lore, and everybody loves Old Gods. :P

At least, I do. Just my two cents, though.
    The females would be still 'female' looking, for a fantasy setting.
    They will be slightly shorter/thinner than the males, they have breasts and yes the spines/spikes act like an external part of the body, it moves when you move - although not as wild as human hair. It jiggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    The females would be still 'female' looking, for a fantasy setting.
    They will be slightly shorter/thinner than the males, they have breasts and yes the spines/spikes act like an external part of the body, it moves when you move - although not as wild as human hair. It jiggles.
    Okay, that would make sense, yes. Assuming Blizzard won't oversexualize it, it would be grand. I'm sort of picturing a female much like Kerrigan, with spike-like, longer "hair".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say that the next races we see will be High elves and Ogres for the Alli and Horde respectively. That way both sides get a race they "should" have had to start with.
    Also this would be relatively easy for Blizz to implement, and would allow them to give us more race options without making the game feel more "cluttered" than it already is. Plus they would be able to use that free time they saved on the race implementation for other content, so it could kind of be like a 2-for-1 deal with a new class/profession/whatever.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-01-09 at 10:07 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Traitor races would be a nice change up! Buuuut... that shouldn't be the only available race change... I support 2 new races over 1 neutral... but these combinations also suffice; 2 new neutral races, 2 new races plus one neutral.

I think the next expansion will introduce like ogre's... and furbolg? idk, seems kinda similar to goblins & worgen.

For a neutral race.... drakonid

They've already butchered the lore enough, the last thing we need is Horde humans and night elves, and Alliance orcs and trolls.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I'd be afraid of edging too demonic with races, for fear of labeling one side as the evil faction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    What exactly would be the point of it not being pay-to-transfer? Pretty sure Blizz isn't going to shoot down a cashcow.
    If only a few races could play alongside the other faction, and even then, to change from one to the other would still cost money, the faction u choose at the start of play is permanent without a paid transfer.

For example: Blood elves can choose alliance or horde when you create ur character, or at level 10, whatever. You are now fixed to that faction unless you pay to transfer. If you have a pre-existing bloodelf you can't freely switch between factions, you change from a bloodelf to high elf. Or something, thats one way around your "point"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well TBH, we have no idea what race/class will be next. There were no hints in Cata about MOP, the first hint we got was when they patented the expansion name.
    I am sure, come blizz con they will WOW everyone (pun intended) with announcing the new expansion, but I would bet that since the either side pandas are a success that they will be doing more pick-a-side races, its easier for them to do instead of making two races with two lore stories.

NO. Satyr for Horde, Naga for the Alliance, maybe Gnolls for Neutral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    NO. Satyr for Horde, Naga for the Alliance, maybe Gnolls for Neutral.
    lol, gnolls xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it if they stop adding races on races, and add some more "skins" to the existing races.

Like, let us choose between Bronzebeard, Wildhammer or Dark Iron dwarven, and Mag'har, Corrupted, and "normal" orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'd like it if they stop adding races on races, and add some more "skins" to the existing races.

Like, let us choose between Bronzebeard, Wildhammer or Dark Iron dwarven, and Mag'har, Corrupted, and "normal" orcs.
    Seconded. I've wanted my tauren to be a taunka ever since I first laid eyes on 'em. I'd even be willing to take the extra skins as a microtransaction. Sell them in teh Blizz store as a pack, say $5 bucks each gets you a set of skins for one race. That way people who want to play a Mag'har, but don't care about wildhammers can just buy the orc skins.
    Tauren; Taunka, Yaungol, and Grimtotem
    Troll: Jungle, sand, and dark
    Orc: Mag'har, fel, and Moknathal
    Forsaken: full-skeletal, maybe those chinese versions without the visible bones, nonhuman races

You get the idea...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I'd love a demonic race that looks somewhat like the felblood elves as a next neutral race.