Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    5.2 itemlevel for LFR

    Tried finding a thread on this, but couldn't. Direct me to one if it exists. I am wondering what the itemlevel for LFR 5.2 will be? Is there talk of lowering it if above 480? I don't see how above 480 is possible anytime soon to someone who only does LFR. My priest is the better geared and just hit 478 last week.

  2. #2
    Hope they keep it at 480+ ilvl.

  3. #3
    well I'm sat at 487 and have yet to get a piece of gear from a normal raid ...

    Remember, you can purchase iLvl 489 and 496 items with valor and then there is the crafted stuff plus "Sha" once a week.
    Last edited by aastarius; 2013-01-09 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Speeeeeling
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,171
    As it stands at the moment of the build on PTR.
    it's 486 reqierment for LFR first part.
    right lets say your character is fully geared from LFR.
    MSV gear=476 ilevel+ 8ilevel = 484 ilevel
    Hotf/last raid = 483ilevel + 8ilevel = 492
    should average out at about 486+ if not 492.
    then add in the fact that you might get a pieace or two from sha of fear or the new world bosses
    lets say you get legs + gloves from sha.
    which is 496 + 8 =504 item level increasing your item level even higher.
    and at least the two first bosses in MVS is pug-able as long as everyone knows what to do.

  5. #5
    its an easily obtainable ilvl... msv is easily puggable by now, and if lfr is your endgame i see nothing stopping you from reaching 486 by the time the patch hits.
    do what you feel.

  6. #6
    486 may not be hard if your currently active with your main/alt but what about after the patch?

    486 is a level that will probably take few months to reach on a alt with the current valour cap.

  7. #7
    I have bad luck with drops, and the valor cap is slowing me down somewhat, but I see the points made. 5.2 might not be until February.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    486 wont be hard for current characters geared already, but it will be awhile for a fresh 90. Talk about slowing the pace down. Hope to god there will be plenty of groups for both tiers.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Spellweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    960
    If I'd have to throw in a guess, they'll likely reduce the iLvl requirement to 480-483 for the first two parts of the T15 LFR, while keeping the other two parts at 486.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I have bad luck with drops, and the valor cap is slowing me down somewhat, but I see the points made. 5.2 might not be until February.
    They're increasing the droprate of the T14 LFR in 5.2 as well, so that'll help getting to 486 too. (source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11122917687298 )

    WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    486 may not be hard if your currently active with your main/alt but what about after the patch?

    486 is a level that will probably take few months to reach on a alt with the current valour cap.
    Bads will be able to get welfare epics from the new daily hub to boost their ilvl.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Tried finding a thread on this, but couldn't. Direct me to one if it exists. I am wondering what the itemlevel for LFR 5.2 will be? Is there talk of lowering it if above 480? I don't see how above 480 is possible anytime soon to someone who only does LFR. My priest is the better geared and just hit 478 last week.
    It'll probably end up at 475 or 480. Keep in mind that LFR is not the only way for "casual" players to get gear. Valor gear is a viable way to get gear for everyone that plays the game. If you have enough time to wait for an LFR queue, you have enough time to finish a few sets of dailies.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,485
    Well with item upgrades, Landfall, and world bosses it won't really be to difficult to get a 486 item level. It should be lowered though but I can see the reason for it not to be. You would either need to be almost all 483 and upgrade a few pieces of gear or get one a 496 from landfall (or Sha) or some other source. I like that the new LFR isn't something you can just jump into but at the same time it does make gearing alts take longer. Though while an annoyance I don't really see that as a bad thing.

    And I'm currently stuck trying to get my fresh 90 alt up to Heroics and LFR item level without having to do any more quests. I'll get their if I get a DMF trinket but that depends on if I can find one cheap heh.

    It just makes LFR into a sort of progression instead of just a "free loot" type of place. Which is cool. Even easy content should still require some sort of tiered progression and a little bit of work to get into. It will be interesting to see if the same people that whined about old content being irrelevant will now whine that they have to do old content in order to gear for new LFR content.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-01-09 at 01:32 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #13
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,259
    They are aiming for a more linear progression mode. They want people to work their way through the content, not just instantly jump into new content and make all the old content obsolete. 486 might be a little bit high but not by too much, it shouldn't be a case of clear HoF lfr, clear ToES lft and straight into the new content.

  14. #14
    i say up it to 496 people in just lfr gear should have to rep up or something of the sorts to get in im currently 487 and i would be fine with this but idk what the ilvl in the new raid will be bc it has to be close to that for lfr so if reg drop say 518 and lfr say 506 496 would be quite acceptBle

  15. #15
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    906
    Take this into consideration when you say "upgrade your items" and 'buy valor gear". We have a concrete valor cap and both those options require a lot of valor. Say I buy ONE piece of valor gear (1750 vp) and upgrade it twice (1500 vp). That is 3250 valor or just over 3 weeks of capping to purchase and upgrade a single piece of gear.

    I do dailies, I do LFR, I play the AH to buy BOEs, and I leveled LW/Engi to be able to insta-craft some epics and I'm still not even 480 yet because I have terrible luck, not enough time to raid fully each week, and I'm on a high pop server so Galleon is dead before I even have time to fly out to his spawn.

    It's just asking a bit much of people who are LFR types to go from 460 req, 470 req, to 486 req. 480 should be fine and easily reached by people who have better luck than me.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,485
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Take this into consideration when you say "upgrade your items" and 'buy valor gear". We have a concrete valor cap and both those options require a lot of valor. Say I buy ONE piece of valor gear (1750 vp) and upgrade it twice (1500 vp). That is 3250 valor or just over 3 weeks of capping to purchase and upgrade a single piece of gear.

    I do dailies, I do LFR, I play the AH to buy BOEs, and I leveled LW/Engi to be able to insta-craft some epics and I'm still not even 480 yet because I have terrible luck, not enough time to raid fully each week, and I'm on a high pop server so Galleon is dead before I even have time to fly out to his spawn.
    But at the same time there aren't any plans for 5.2 gear to allow ilevel upgrades. They are currently planning it to be added during the "in between raid" patches. So a person gearing up can either spend the VP on a 5.2 VP item or upgrade an existing 5.1/5.0 item. If they have all LFR gear currently they will only have to upgrade two or three to meet 486 average item level.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #17
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But at the same time there aren't any plans for 5.2 gear to allow ilevel upgrades. They are currently planning it to be added during the "in between raid" patches. So a person gearing up can either spend the VP on a 5.2 VP item or upgrade an existing 5.1/5.0 item. If they have all LFR gear currently they will only have to upgrade two or three to meet 486 average item level.
    Yes, but I'm saying that in order to HIT the current cap (although I know we have quite a bit) could take weeks for people that are already in LFR much less an alt. Say you dinged 90 today, and lucked out enough with crafted stuff and dungeon drops to at least clear MSV LFR this week. You'd likely get a single drop if RN-Jesus smiled on you. Even if you cleared every LFR you could queue for and did Sha every week and capped valor almost every week, would that alt that dinged 90 today be able to run the new LFR when it comes out? I don't think so and I think that that is bad news for people who like alts. Thinking that it could take 6-10 weeks of solid work per character to get to current content in 5.2 stings.

    The toon I play currently has been 90 for at least 2 months since I've cleared MSV LFR 10 times and so during that time I've done dailies when I could and capped valor when I could and yet I'm still not 486. I've put in more than what most would consider 'minimum effort' and yet I'd be denied entry to the new LFR because of RNG and my lack of regular raiding. Not going to ask for a raid spot in my guild when I can't guarantee my attendance each night.

    I don't want the cap to be lowered immensely, I'm just saying that previous LFRs required less luck to begin them. Even if valor gear is purchasable with JP in 5.2, we get half the JP now that we did in cata and dungeons will have to be farmed twice as much to get a single piece of gear on top of the dailies needed to unlock reps.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    486 may not be hard if your currently active with your main/alt but what about after the patch?

    486 is a level that will probably take few months to reach on a alt with the current valour cap.
    old valor gear will become justice gear with new tier just like always id assume.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    old valor gear will become justice gear with new tier just like always id assume.
    No sign of this so far.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    its an easily obtainable ilvl... msv is easily puggable by now, and if lfr is your endgame i see nothing stopping you from reaching 486 by the time the patch hits.
    This. I believe the nerfs for the raids will be in effect come 5.2 so that will make it even easier to get gear.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •