Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Yes, but I'm saying that in order to HIT the current cap (although I know we have quite a bit) could take weeks for people that are already in LFR much less an alt. Say you dinged 90 today, and lucked out enough with crafted stuff and dungeon drops to at least clear MSV LFR this week. You'd likely get a single drop if RN-Jesus smiled on you. Even if you cleared every LFR you could queue for and did Sha every week and capped valor almost every week, would that alt that dinged 90 today be able to run the new LFR when it comes out? I don't think so and I think that that is bad news for people who like alts. Thinking that it could take 6-10 weeks of solid work per character to get to current content in 5.2 stings.

The toon I play currently has been 90 for at least 2 months since I've cleared MSV LFR 10 times and so during that time I've done dailies when I could and capped valor when I could and yet I'm still not 486. I've put in more than what most would consider 'minimum effort' and yet I'd be denied entry to the new LFR because of RNG and my lack of regular raiding. Not going to ask for a raid spot in my guild when I can't guarantee my attendance each night.

I don't want the cap to be lowered immensely, I'm just saying that previous LFRs required less luck to begin them. Even if valor gear is purchasable with JP in 5.2, we get half the JP now that we did in cata and dungeons will have to be farmed twice as much to get a single piece of gear on top of the dailies needed to unlock reps.
    All very true, but on the subject of JP in 5.2, there is so far no indication the current VP gear will be purchased through JP in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This. I believe the nerfs for the raids will be in effect come 5.2 so that will make it even easier to get gear.
    This is what I can hope for. It's at least something, because things are hectic sometimes, and I'd rather not ask for a raid slot and not be there time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This. I believe the nerfs for the raids will be in effect come 5.2 so that will make it even easier to get gear.
    Except the ability to upgrade current gear is the replacement for nerfing the raids ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    Except the ability to upgrade current gear is the replacement for nerfing the raids ...
    No it isn't the replacement. If the nerfs are coming into effect in 5.2 how would they be replacing it with smaller nerfs in 5.1? If you look at the achievements you can see stuff like

Klaxxi Resonance, Ritual of Purification, Dampening Field.

The wording of the achievements suggests that they will be nerfed in the future because their respective buffs aren't active in the game atm.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-10 at 11:42 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Its both a good and a bad thing (ilvl 486). The good part is that LFR is not a given, if you want in it, you have to work for it. Everyone wants to see endgame, but that doesnt mean it all has to be in the first week available. Most mains will be able to get in, and deserved, as many hours have been spend gearing it up.

The downside will be the queue time. Gearing up mains above 486 isnt that hard, alts are another thing. Most people do not do dailies on their alts nor cap valor. If you have alts like that, and not do any raid on normal or heroic mode, you lose people queing. Early on the reset day, queues will be the same as now, but I expect them to be much longer on other days compaired to what it is now. Currently as DPS I often see queues longer then 1 hour on a friday, that will be much longer with a high ilvl requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Currently at 486....sadly im only at 483 right now, i hope they reduce it to something like 478.

No way it's going to be 486. 480 more likely, and that's not hard to get, especially after drop rate boosts. Sure it might take a few weeks, but isn't that the point.

You have to keep in mind a few things:

-5.0 LFR will have an increased percentage of droprates

-The new daily hubs will more than likely add 502 or 509 ilvl gear

-Two new world bosses that probably drop 509 gear

-Galleon being moved to Sha-like respawn timer, making it easily farmable.

This in addition to regular valor gear and crafted items means it shouldn't be a major issue for people to get 486 ilvl. Plus MSV up to Elegon is easily puggable, and we may see nerfs to 5.0 Normal raids when 5.2 hits so those raids may be easier as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    You have to keep in mind a few things:

-5.0 LFR will have an increased percentage of droprates

-The new daily hubs will more than likely add 502 or 509 ilvl gear

-Two new world bosses that probably drop 509 gear

-Galleon being moved to Sha-like respawn timer, making it easily farmable.

This in addition to regular valor gear and crafted items means it shouldn't be a major issue for people to get 486 ilvl. Plus MSV up to Elegon is easily puggable, and we may see nerfs to 5.0 Normal raids when 5.2 hits so those raids may be easier as well.
    Just to add to this, next seasons PvP gear will be 496 as well so there's another avenue to boost your ilvl.

Edit: I think 483 makes the most sense. It's one tier above HoF/terrace which required 470. On top of that it seems like a reasonable comoromise for ppl who think 486 is too high.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2013-01-11 at 12:57 AM. Reason: moar opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 484-485 just by doing LFR weekly and using some valor on the tier gloves/legs I got from Sha of Anger, and only in the last 3 days started raiding with my guild again (so have gained some more gear). Anyone with time for LFR has time for Sha to pick up that loot, and anyone who does LFR is gaining valor and is thus capable of upgrading their gear. It should remain over 480.

They are probably making it 486 so that people don't gear up with honor gear (which will almost certainly be the current CP gear). Even so, honor gear will be easier to get than T14 LFR gear, so I doubt very many people at all will run the old LFR raids. Maybe for sha-touched weapons or VP (if they still award that).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Anyone know the iLevel of the loot in new 5.2 LFR please? Is it going to be 496?

Deleted
    where do these ppl keep comin from... its PTR it will most likely be chaged and even if it wasnt theres plenty of loot outside lfr thats higher ilvl than the average required (yes outside dailies too)........

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    486 is doable, with some (a lot) of luck. But if it means more people having fun and shorter queues, I say lower it.

Here is I for reference, only do LFR/Sha (and used to do dailies):
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dachief/simple
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Higher ilvl = better, content has to be earnt to get it (but still easily attainable) also makes sure first few weeks when I have to do LFR there will be less bads
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

The new PTR says 480 now.

I prefer to have a higher level.
    This means that we can get higher level gears easily in the new patch.

I wish the new LFR drops 504+.
    The current normal raid drops 496. If it drops 500, the upgrade is too small.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-01-11 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    Hope they keep it at 480+ ilvl.
    You want to deny people content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    You want to deny people content?
    or possibly want ppl who will be actually doin some dps/healing to contribute to the grp rather than be carried thru?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    or possibly want ppl who will be actually doin some dps/healing to contribute to the grp rather than be carried thru?
    I agree with this. No one should be carrying anyone in LFR (different matter in a guild). High ilevel requirement is one way to make sure of this.

My item level is only 469 now so I won't see the new raid for ages but I am fine with that since I still have stuff to do. I don’t understand why people expect to zone into a new raid zone the minute it get released.

i wonder why people can complain about something as easy as this... if you have even a bit of time (if not, WoW isn't for you anyway) then reaching that crappy ilevel is a matter of days at most.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    486 may not be hard if your currently active with your main/alt but what about after the patch?

486 is a level that will probably take few months to reach on a alt with the current valour cap.
    They'll do like WotLK/Cata and pop some new Heroic/5 men with high iLvl gear to help you get in those LFR faster.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    i wonder why people can complain about something as easy as this... if you have even a bit of time (if not, WoW isn't for you anyway) then reaching that crappy ilevel is a matter of days at most.
    Random Battleground PvP gear got me in LFR =D