Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Totally an in-game issue, and if people are calling in and waiting on hold for an hour to fix a damn lightsaber crystal then I don't feel anything except the urge to laugh at them about it. If people are flooding call centers to fix bugged Cartel items, that's why people are having to wait forever for account info.

What Cartel items are bugged, by the way? I've spent WAY too much real money and opened WAY too many packs, and can't say I've ever seen or heard a single real player (i.e., a person who actually plays the game and is in General chat or my guild) complaining about something being bugged, nor have I ever received or experienced a single one myself.
    Probably because the bugged cartel unlocks aren't something subscribers are buying / can't use.

Things like "account wide cargo bay" or "account wide section X" will randomly deactivate/disappear from accounts. In the case of cargo bays, the items in the bay are gone.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    A few points. The french and german numbers are "normal" phone numbers, nothing that makes Bioware money. If you have a phone flatrate - and frankly the vast majority of people both on landlines and mobiles do - you still don't pay a cent.

And honestly, I'd rather see them invest money into the game than into a service, that's most likely being abused by trolls and morons. Should also help make waiting times shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Good businesses have toll free customer service numbers. An 800 number (even several lines) should be an almost negligible cost for a healthy company.
    Err no. I worked in the software department of a manufacturer of luxury products. They had customer service lines for different european countries with prices ranging from cheap-ish to ultra expensive. On the other hand they had no problem calling back people who spent a ton on their equipment and had a legitimate issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So use your cell phone? If you don't have basic home phone service (which includes long-distance most of the time) you shouldn't be playing video games.

anyone else read "troll free" at first? :s

Well their customer service was already considered the worst in the business, so I guess they might as well save the money where they can and just admit publicly its bad.

Kinda sad that a company as large as this is down to cutting toll free numbers to make a buck. Its laughable at this point.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    and can't say I've ever seen or heard a single real player (i.e., a person who actually plays the game and is in General chat or my guild) complaining about something being bugged, nor have I ever received or experienced a single one myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    So use your cell phone? If you don't have basic home phone service (which includes long-distance most of the time) you shouldn't be playing video games.
    Oh look what a fresh round of BiowarEA screwups has brought out of the woodwork. The people who say garbage like this. Thank heavens that the 200 people who would cut off their fingers to their dark lords will still be playing the game when the servers shut down from having no one supporting the game next year.

I say, what a great idea to continuously tell former, potential, and possibly current customers to fuck off. BiowarEA doesn't need any help in turning customers away. For people who love SWTOR, you would think you would understand that without all of these players the game will just decline and fade away. Instead of lashing out at everyone under the sun, maybe try being helpful to anyone for a chance.

Automatically assuming they are all liars looking for a handout is ridiculous. I have a ladder to help you get off your horse and will gladly offer it, no vitriol or insults included. Just a hand and some kind words for people willing to come down from the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Probably because the bugged cartel unlocks aren't something subscribers are buying / can't use.

Things like "account wide cargo bay" or "account wide section X" will randomly deactivate/disappear from accounts. In the case of cargo bays, the items in the bay are gone.
    All my accont wide cargo bay/ inventory slots are working properly since I unlocked them. I had all unlocks on a newly created character few days back.

However why would you spend money on a phone call if you could just sub and send a customer ticket. Most likely cheaper and you'd have all benefits of being a subscriber. Therefor, either you are just being silly for not paying less money = having much more benefits, or you try to make a statement on your costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    However why would you spend money on a phone call if you could just sub and send a customer ticket.
    This might be the most monumentally stupid thing I have heard this year.

Allow me to expand a bit: Why would a free player pay 15 dollars for some customer support? It makes zero sense. If I'm having serious issues that are affecting my gameplay, and my only viable option is to subscribe to get in-game support (which is probably a situation which will never happen), then I'll just quit the game and go to another game which will either not have the same problems, or will allow me to get support without paying 15 dollars.

This is another example of the, "Subscribe or get the fuck out" type of mentality that blows me away. I've never seen a fanbase so bent on making sure their game has as small of a playerbase as possible.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-09 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still stand by what I've been saying all along, you're being punished for not subscribing and now they're even monetizing customer service, this whole debacle is a good example of how not to do free to play, no matter how the trolls and knights try to tell you otherwise. I can understand overseas line charges, that I can accept, but within your own country? please.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    hopefully this will stop all the noobs from calling them up and asking dumb questions "please let me change my advance class" - that is the reason the customer service sucks, they are swamped by bitter noobs complaining

I clicked this thinking it was someone posting a html edited screenshot like what happened on the official forums a week or two ago. But this... What is thi-... I dont even... What is the logic behind this? Or, is there any at all?

Guess they gotta tighten their belts and squeeze every penny huh?

If anything good ever came out of the Bioware scandals of 2011-2013 it has been the amusing lengths the fanboys are willing to go for defending malpractices.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    All my accont wide cargo bay/ inventory slots are working properly since I unlocked them. I had all unlocks on a newly created character few days back.

However why would you spend money on a phone call if you could just sub and send a customer ticket. Most likely cheaper and you'd have all benefits of being a subscriber. Therefor, either you are just being silly for not paying less money = having much more benefits, or you try to make a statement on your costs.
    Yea... because tickets are al answered in a timely manner and never get cut-paste response lol

So your solution is to throw more money at bioware with a subscription when they give bad service?

Good thing you are thinking about this with any sense...

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Oh look what a fresh round of BiowarEA screwups has brought out of the woodwork. The people who say garbage like this. Thank heavens that the 200 people who would cut off their fingers to their dark lords will still be playing the game when the servers shut down from having no one supporting the game next year.

I say, what a great idea to continuously tell former, potential, and possibly current customers to fuck off. BiowarEA doesn't need any help in turning customers away. For people who love SWTOR, you would think you would understand that without all of these players the game will just decline and fade away. Instead of lashing out at everyone under the sun, maybe try being helpful to anyone for a chance.

Automatically assuming they are all liars looking for a handout is ridiculous. I have a ladder to help you get off your horse and will gladly offer it, no vitriol or insults included. Just a hand and some kind words for people willing to come down from the clouds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If anything good ever came out of the Bioware scandals of 2011-2013 it has been the amusing lengths the fanboys are willing to go for defending malpractices.
    It really is insane to see how many Bioware slaves there are out their willing to white knight for a company when they give out bad service...

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    hopefully this will stop all the noobs from calling them up and asking dumb questions "please let me change my advance class" - that is the reason the customer service sucks, they are swamped by bitter noobs complaining
    Welcome to working in customer service, you have to deal with dumb questions all day. Is there any reason that a F2P player who is experience in other MMO's would be any "dumber" than say, a Star Wars fan who purchases the game and subscribes, but has never played a MMO before in his life, and has no clue how they work?

Deleted
    It's clearly not a step forward but I think some are massively overreacting to this. With terms such as 'Bioware Slaves' and 'noobs' this thread is full of anger over an issue few really care about.

These days everything is highlighted to have more meaning and sinister undertones are 'seen' everywhere. Suddenly the lack of SGR are a game breaker for all when no other MMO has them iirc. A delay on a specific bug fix leads to new and interesting conspiracy theories. CS now charges Americans who use a landline and obviously that means the game is about to implode. These are non issues blown up to support agenda's. Sure there's merit to yapping about them but have any of you re-read these recent posts? Vitriol and suspicion. Bickering 24/7 and the one positive thing BW did in the patch (allow Pref accounts with more than 6 toons to keep accessing them) is mentioned briefly then very quickly bypassed in the rush to moan about the next trivial point.

P.S. I know one man's molehill is another man's Jihad but it seems that many are giving too much importance to a few issues.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-09 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    It's clearly not a step forward but I think some are massively overreacting to this. With terms such as 'Bioware Slaves' and 'noobs' this thread is full of anger over an issue few really care about.

These days everything is highlighted to have more meaning and sinister undertones are 'seen' everywhere. Suddenly the lack of SGR are a game breaker for all when no other MMO has them iirc. A delay on a specific bug fix leads to new and interesting conspiracy theories. CS now charges Americans who use a landline and obviously that means the game is about to implode. These are non issues blown up to support agenda's. Sure there's merit to yapping about them but have any of you re-read these recent posts? Vitriol and suspicion. Bickering 24/7 and the one positive thing BW did in the patch (allow Pref accounts with more than 6 toons to keep accessing them) is mentioned briefly then very quickly bypassed in the rush to moan about the next trivial point.

P.S. I know one man's molehill is another man's Jihad but it seems that many are giving too much importance to a few issues.
    It's just yet another straw that is breaking the camels back.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Like BioWare, I'll give a copypasta of my response to something like this over at the official forums.

Think about this for a second. You have a problem. Hell, let's use a recent example. Let's say you bought some stuff off the Cartel Market. Now, a rollback happens, and you've lost some of your CC's, plus the items you bought.

A company could foot a small monthly fee, and in exchange, customers will be more likely to fix their issues, and stick around. Now, otherwise I assume most will think, "Now I have to spend more time and money on the phone, on hold, while being charged for it... You know what, I dont even care about my items. I'll find another game."

Honestly, I would choose the second option everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    A perfect TL;DR of the point I was trying to get across.

Deleted
    Fair enough but in that case I'd assume that for you there is no going back? If BW upset you so many times that this trivial CS landline issue has you mad then surely there's nothing BW can do to ease your pain? BW yesterday did something positive. Very positive infact and yet you didn't acknowledge it at all but instead raged against 3 or 4 other minor points. Doesn't that show that regardless of what BW do you will continue to add to your sig?

TL;DR The 'I only want to help the game improve' isn't believable anymore if you neglect to ever mention the improvements made and only harp on about the ever decreasing minor issues. My point is, I guess, why are you bothering with the game at this point? It seems to make you more jaded than anything else. You don't even see the few good improvements and just seem to wait for the next minor point to jump all over. Surely by giving positive feedback on those good things BW implement would really help improve the game...instead of saying you want to help but instead only ever posting when something doesn't sit right with you.

P.S. I'm talking to Argroth specifically atm. I'm asking as I just can't relate to the approach you have to 'helping the game improve'.

P.P.S. LOL, my TL;DR was longer than the initial paragraph.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-09 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This might be the most monumentally stupid thing I have heard this year.
    So your solution is to throw more money at bioware with a subscription when they give bad service?

Good thing you are thinking about this with any sense...
    You two should really start thinking further than just reading and answering right away.

I didn't say.. subscribe to get customer support. I did say that if you have an issue which is bothering you that much that you are inclined to call the customer service which will cost you (btw. SOE customer phone support did cost as well) and you are willing to call them.. why throw even more money at them if you can get the game for money you would spend fighting through a customer support service via phone.

I never mentioned with any word that I think it's ok to handle it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It really is insane to see how many Bioware slaves there are out their willing to white knight for a company when they give out bad service...
    /facepalm

Fair enough but in that case I'd assume that for you there is no going back?
    Some people just can't move on and cover it under "constructive criticism"... like Bioware would really read through here when they have enough to deal with on the official forum. However to post it there would mean that they could just shut him up which results in him being here where his critics will stay unheard but at least he can voice his issues.

[Infracted - Please don't alter someone's post in a quote to stir up trouble]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-09 at 05:15 PM.