Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I never mentioned with any word that I think it's ok to handle it that way...
    Hello, this is the English Language reaching out to inform you that saying you should just pay $15 so that you have a subscription and thus Customer Support is exactly what you did. Let's not even mention the fact that you say garbage like this all the time. Sub or GTFO - is practically trademarked by you and a few others at this point.

    Your whining about people interpreting you exactly as you are is going to fall on deaf ears. We have a wealth of posts of you saying nonsense that people should just hand over their money or leave you in peace. I guess that horse is more comfortable than I thought. I feel bad for you the day that it's legs get cut out from under you.

    You should probably consider someone's situation and actually offer help. With as many people as you have personally turned away from the game, it's no wonder that they lost so many subscriptions. Answering every question with the robotic, give BiowarEA money doesn't help the game at all. If you honestly care about the game, I would hope you can come to that understanding some day.

    How far are you willing to compromise morals to defend a company that has made mistake after mistake? Does someone have to die before you stop and consider that they aren't doing something right over there?

  2. #42
    Is there really anyone who expected something better from EA?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Except for anyone who uses a cell phone to call them.

    Which is everyone. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone playing anything on a high-speed internet connection is using anything but a cell phone to make any calls nowadays.

    You guys love to bitch, don't you?
    In Germany, while having flatrates for our phones, there are still special numbers which cost you money/minute. Especially using a cell phone costs always money if you call such special number, it even costs more.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Fair enough but in that case I'd assume that for you there is no going back? If BW upset you so many times that this trivial CS landline issue has you mad then surely there's nothing BW can do to ease your pain? BW yesterday did something positive. Very positive infact and yet you didn't acknowledge it at all but instead raged against 3 or 4 other minor points. Doesn't that show that regardless of what BW do you will continue to add to your sig?

    TL;DR The 'I only want to help the game improve' isn't believable anymore if you neglect to ever mention the improvements made and only harp on about the ever decreasing minor issues. My point is, I guess, why are you bothering with the game at this point? It seems to make you more jaded than anything else. You don't even see the few good improvements and just seem to wait for the next minor point to jump all over. Surely by giving positive feedback on those good things BW implement would really help improve the game...instead of saying you want to help but instead only ever posting when something doesn't sit right with you.

    P.S. I'm talking to Argroth specifically atm. I'm asking as I just can't relate to the approach you have to 'helping the game improve'.

    P.P.S. LOL, my TL;DR was longer than the initial paragraph.
    Maybe they should just do more positive things in the first place...

    If I go around kicking 8 babies and punching a bunch of random people will you go "awwww, you are forgiven" when I pet one puppy?
    Or could I just write you off as jaded because you don't focus on the puppy but instead focus on the bad I did?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

    You should probably consider someone's situation and actually offer help. With as many people as you have personally turned away from the game, it's no wonder that they lost so many subscriptions. Answering every question with the robotic, give BiowarEA money doesn't help the game at all. If you honestly care about the game, I would hope you can come to that understanding some day.

    How far are you willing to compromise morals to defend a company that has made mistake after mistake? Does someone have to die before you stop and consider that they aren't doing something right over there?
    Far too many people do this.

    Blindly defend a companies greed or laziness instead of considering actual peoples problems.

    Psyclon is especially bad at this. he has ignored facts and proof in the past of bad products. I actually have him on ignore because of his blindness. It was a mistake to view his post and an even bigger one to give him any recognition.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-01-09 at 03:00 PM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    /facepalm
    I did not write that, so please do not fucking misquote me. If you have an issue with something I stated, quote it and respond. I've never called anyone a "BioWare slave" or claimed anyone was "white knighting". Change that now please. I don't like it when others put words in my mouth (posts) that aren't mine.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I did not write that, so please do not fucking misquote me. If you have an issue with something I stated, quote it and respond. I've never called anyone a "BioWare slave" or claimed anyone was "white knighting". Change that now please. I don't like it when others put words in my mouth (posts) that aren't mine.
    How is that not a bannable offense?
    Its probably one of the most offensive and abusive things you can do to someone because other people will read what he quoted and believe that you said it.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    You guys really need to calm down. He made an error. The quote was from Argroth. In his post Psychlon quoted 3 people in the same post. Edgecrusher00, Argroth, Edgecrusher00 again then myself. He obviously copy/pasted the wrong tag on the 2nd Edge wuote as that line belonged to Argroth.

    Noone made anything up. It was a copy/paste error. Sheesh, the tempers on these boards.

    He also got infracted for it? For 'stirring up trouble?' He didn't make the line up ffs. It's there in black and white just below Edgecrushers post on the previous page. It's an obvious mistake when he tried to quote 4 quotes from 3 different people all in one post. Copy/paste error...'to stir up trouble'???

    Out of curiosity who can we politely complain to when we've been treated harshly by a mod?

    FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It really is insane to see how many Bioware slaves there are out their willing to white knight for a company when they give out bad service...
    was the original quote.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Swtor/Bioware has ALWAYS had a lot of issues that need customer support. There are damn bugs in the game from beta that are still present a year after release.

    Add this to the FACT that the only way a F2P/preferred player will get any attention with issues is to call them (emails give cut and paste "call us" responses") then you got a lot of people who need to contact them.

    And from experience You have to wait for at least an hour to talk to a human, nevermind actually someone who can help you.

    Many people are getting bugs with email vvalidation, even more are getting bugged cartel items, there are a lot of reasons people need to call. Just because you are ignorant to a lot of flaws in this game dosn't man that people don't need to call or the only reason why people would need to call is because comprimised accounts.

    Its amazing how you know nothing.
    Why on earth are you CALLING them to report bugs???? You want to start calling me ignorant but you have such a huge need to complain about you game that you CALL to report bugs!?!?!?!?! Please destroy your computer, you obviously can't be trusted with it.

    The one and only reason you should ever be calling customer support is because you have lost access to your account. Which is 100% the players fault in every circumstance. But beyond that you are still missing the point. People make nearly all their calls from cell phones, so the number being toll-free DOES NOT MATTER!
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

  9. #49
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,305
    Its principle. You know that I deploy 1-800 numbers for businesses I support for the low cost of $7 a month unlimited? Ya, 1-800 Voip numbers are cheap as fuck. How can you even begin to justify this? If they cant even be bothered to maintain a 1-800 call center solution how in the hell are they going to produce anything of quality for this game? Big fail and anyone defending fails along side them. Get with it people, stop allowing this kind if crap to continue.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    You are missing the point that is being made. You do NOT get free calls to a toll-free number if you are calling from a cell phone. Being an 800 number only affect people with land lines and they are quickly becoming the minority customer. Less then 2/3rd of the US even has a landline phone as of 2011 and that number is even smaller for the gamer demographic of young adults. That number continues to drop every year.

    Also, who in the world is calling Bioware support that often that their minutes even matter? I have never had to call customer support for any game I have ever played. People are complaining about this for no other reason then they want to complain about something. Being bad about your account security and getting your account compromised is about the only reason why you would ever need to call their support line. If that happens why should Bioware have to pay for your phone call?

    It's amazing how little principle people have when they have some kind of warped crush. It doesn't matter what the demographic happens to be. Edge wasn't missing the point at all, YOU are. The point is that they shouldn't be discriminating against anybody. I have to have a land line now because Verizon gets shit service where I live. So I either get a land line or I don't get phone calls. The same thing exists for people EVERYWHERE. Also, not every cell phone plan has unlimited talk time. To just assume that everybody has it is stupid. My parents have unlimited talk time to other Verizon customers, but not to land lines or customers of other carriers.

    Jesus, it absolutely amazes me how people could possibly defend something like this. But, then again, it is the Bioware fan crush and you people are so blind that Stevie Wonder could tell you what the world looks like.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Why on earth are you CALLING them to report bugs???? You want to start calling me ignorant but you have such a huge need to complain about you game that you CALL to report bugs!?!?!?!?! Please destroy your computer, you obviously can't be trusted with it.

    The one and only reason you should ever be calling customer support is because you have lost access to your account. Which is 100% the players fault in every circumstance. But beyond that you are still missing the point. People make nearly all their calls from cell phones, so the number being toll-free DOES NOT MATTER!
    Because F2P and Preferred accounts don't get online customer service? That would be my guess.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    You guys really need to calm down. He made an error. The quote was from Argroth. In his post Psychlon quoted 3 people in the same post. Edgecrusher00, Argroth, Edgecrusher00 again then myself. He obviously copy/pasted the wrong tag on the 2nd Edge wuote as that line belonged to Argroth.

    Noone made anything up. It was a copy/paste error. Sheesh, the tempers on these boards.

    He also got infracted for it? For 'stirring up trouble?' He didn't make the line up ffs. It's there in black and white just below Edgecrushers post on the previous page. It's an obvious mistake when he tried to quote 4 quotes from 3 different people all in one post. Copy/paste error...'to stir up trouble'???

    Out of curiosity who can we politely complain to when we've been treated harshly by a mod?

    FYI was the original quote.
    The infraction should stand. I always re-read what I post, he should have done the same. It's not difficult to proofread before you hit "Post". It's not like he couldn't have taken care of it in the 7+ hours before Edge even saw it.

    As far as reporting harsh treatment from a mod, usually you can appeal your infraction. I have and gotten my infraction and ban reversed. It only happened once, but the infraction was bullshit from a mod with a grudge.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-01-09 at 07:46 PM.

  11. #51
    Let's not get side tracked discussing infractions please. As always if you have questions about an infraction feel free to PM a mod about it (thought we won't discuss certain things about other people's infractions with people because that's just not fair to people).

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Let's not get side tracked discussing infractions please. As always if you have questions about an infraction feel free to PM a mod about it (thought we won't discuss certain things about other people's infractions with people because that's just not fair to people).
    Fair enough.

    I usually don't discuss other's infractions or bans openly but the 'infracted for stirring up trouble' when it was clearly an error of copy/paste made me speak out. I'll keep it to PM's next time. My bad.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  13. #53
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    when it was clearly an error of copy/paste made me speak out.
    But who knows for sure? Country laws don't automatically let you get away with things for oopsies. Same principle. Just to be clear this isn't a comment on moderation, but a response to a philisophical question. Granted this is OT and we can get back to the fact that not having a 1 800 number as a game with numerous services across several countries is pretty tacky.

    Though I'm not really sure what else can be said. Anything further is really just bashing the company or game and as much as I love to do that within reason, there is a big line that is quickly crossed in these forums by people.

    Not saying that has happened, but what else is left to do in this thread really?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Fair enough.

    I usually don't discuss other's infractions or bans openly but the 'infracted for stirring up trouble' when it was clearly an error of copy/paste made me speak out. I'll keep it to PM's next time. My bad.
    You can't just assume it's that way. Many people won't. I've had my posts altered by others in the past and many people won't bother looking at my original post to see if that's truly what I said. Instead they'll take it at face value because it was quoted. It gives people the false impression that you believe something that you don't and definitely can stir up trouble.

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You can't just assume it's that way. Many people won't. I've had my posts altered by others in the past and many people won't bother looking at my original post to see if that's truly what I said. Instead they'll take it at face value because it was quoted. It gives people the false impression that you believe something that you don't and definitely can stir up trouble.
    Ah I completely agree but the quote wasn't altered as such. He quoted 4 times in one post and swapped one name for the other. It makes no sense to do that to create mischief. Stirring trouble surely involves changing the wording or meaning of a quote...not quoting the original author word for word and the author above but switching the names around. He was having a pop at both people and made an error with the copy/paste.

    Regardless it's his battle to fight or not. I just took exception to punishing what to me is logically an innocent error. I very much doubt you'll find anyone on this forum who now feels it was intentional. It just makes no sense in this particular case if you stop and think about it imo.

    Anyway, moving on
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2013-01-09 at 11:07 PM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  16. #56
    Saying things like "Use your cell phones, its no big deal, everyone has them" is like saying you should clean up someone else's dog shit, because everyone has hands.

  17. #57
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,158
    Assuming everyone has unlimited calls is reaching out .
    Where i live calling from a cellphone actually costs far more than calling Landline to landline.
    And for people (like me) who generally don't use calls to talk with friends, family etc. , a unlimited call deal which service providers love to bundle with unlimited internet (that i don't need anyway i can live a few hours without it until i get home) and the messages with attachments , forgetting the translation to english is far to expensive to be worth the monthly fee when i basically use only text messages.
    Fun thing also, is some of them even require mandatory payments TWICE a month, having a landline is for this particular case useful as in the event i do need to call someone it won't be so expensive.

  18. #58
    Wow... now I know why they are losing subs fast


    Join us if you are Alliance on Darkspear, image says it all

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    What do you expect for a free game. They arent running a charity. They have to make money somwhere
    Which still has active paying subscribers and f2p players dishing out way more cash then a monthly fee would have been. BW and EA are just scumbags when it comes to dealing with their customers. They often make good products so as long as things go well ppl love them. Once they do they see the nasty underbelly and the bubble bursts.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    Wow... now I know why they are losing subs fast
    You, sir, make a lot of sense. Not only was the vast majority of subscriptions lost since changing the telephone service, it was also only people who were informed and furious about it.

    This place should be ranamed subforum for hyperbole, gnashing theeth and great tips for running a successful business by economic lumnaries only. And no, Mr. 23 posts, you are not the main offender, a moderator and people with thousands of posts are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •