Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he is selling current because it is hemorrhaging money and he's a hypocrite why?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    So, Al Gore the co-ower of the cable channel "current" sells the venue to Al Jeezera. Which is ultimately owned by the Emir of quatar, who got all his money through big oil.

Even his own staffers and employees think hes a jackass.

I always thought Al Gore was a blowhard, glad to see hes showing his true "green" colors.

The only "green" al gore has ever been worried about is the kind that comes in paper form.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...6I9Gbyqe6Z4pFP
    If you think him making $100 million or whatever from an oil baron is hypocritical of his environmentalist screeds then clearly you haven't seen his house...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im surprised there hasnt been any mention of manbearpig

im super cereal guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    im surprised there hasnt been any mention of manbearpig

im super cereal guys
    Ofcourse, with that money Al Gore will build a space laser that will hook up with the Death Star and finally kill manbearpig who's hiding in Imagination land
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-01-09 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    New York Post, what a fine quality, unbias news source that won't at all embellish the truth to fit a right wing viewpoint.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...the-old-block/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinio...era/index.html

Or the Huffington Post has an article on it if you're interested in far left wing news.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    So he is selling current because it is hemorrhaging money and he's a hypocrite why?
    Because he sold it to a company that is principally funded by Qatar leadership who gets their money from oil exports

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post

Or the Huffington Post has an article on it if you're interested in far left wing news.

Because he sold it to a company that is principally funded by Qatar leadership who gets their money from oil exports

oh snappage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    if he was more conservative he'd be called a smart businessman by the right wing for doing this

10+ Year Old Account
    This must mean that climate change isn't real...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

If you tell me this makes you not regret Bush winning the election I'm jumping off the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post

I wasn't denying that he sold it. The editorial on it was incredibly bias, and it has been demonstrated many times in this thread why. That you get your news from the New York Post explains a lot too.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

My vegetarian buddy is a hypocrite because he sold his ipod to my meat eating self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    This must mean that climate change isn't real...
    That's another thing that pisses me off. The right seems to think that if they paint Al Gore as an asshole, then global warming must be false.

This is wrong because Al Gore IS an asshole, but whether or not global warming is true or false is irrelevant to Al Gore being an asshole.
    Putin khuliyo

Still not sure why this is considered hypocrisy. Is he increasing global greenhouse gases because the network is bought with oil money? No. Oil sales and use will still be the same no matter who he sells it to. Nor has he claimed that oil use per se is evil. It's necessary and he recognizes it, but wants us to use less fossil fuel energy.

Hypocrisy would be switching the network to someone who intended to power it by only burning dirty coal, or something like that. Al-Jezeera hasn't been a big climate change denier despite the owner's oil background. In fact their climate change reporting is typically better and more accurate than US news networks.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That's another thing that pisses me off. The right seems to think that if they paint Al Gore as an asshole, then global warming must be false.

This is wrong because Al Gore IS an asshole, but whether or not global warming is true or false is irrelevant to Al Gore being an asshole.
    I agree. I can dislike Al Gore and still recognize global warming as an issue that needs to be addressed. I'm just especially good at the disliking Al Gore part.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's super cereal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    He's super cereal.
    Perfect. This comment is perfect.

OT: Just Al Gore being Al Gore. It's not surprising to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me tell you why I hate Al Gore and the Nobel Peace Prize comity.

During WWII, a woman by the name of Irena Sendler risked her life to smuggle over 2500 Jewish children out of Nazi occupied territory. At one point she was caught by the SS, and beaten near death. They broke both of her arms and legs, and left her to die. She recovered, however, and went right back to smuggling children out of the country. During this time, she kept a record of the names of every child she helped escape. Once the war ended, she spent the better part of a decade attempting to reunite the children with any surviving family they may have had. For those who's families had died, she worked to find foster homes for.

In 2007, Irena Sendler was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts. However, she lost the award. The winner was Al Gore, who was nominated for heroically making a slide show about global warming. Because, you know, who give a fuck about holocaust survivors when the award can be better used to make political statements?

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Still not sure why this is considered hypocrisy. Is he increasing global greenhouse gases because the network is bought with oil money? No. Oil sales and use will still be the same no matter who he sells it to. Nor has he claimed that oil use per se is evil. It's necessary and he recognizes it, but wants us to use less fossil fuel energy.
    The hypocrisy is that he regularly demonizies companies and individuals who place profits over environmental and humanitarian principles but seems to have compromised his own standards - profiting from environmentally unsound practices. So much so his is set to surpass the net worth of Mitt Romney.

This isn't even about Al Gore or what he did. It was a smart business move for him and I think it's safe to assume no polar bears will die as a result of the sale. This is about the silly pretense that the profiting from "big oil" was exploiting raping of the earth and society as a whole and needs to be curtailed by national and global governance - a standard that he set. This just shows how ridiculous that standard really is. That is the point.

Yeah right, the man who singlehandedly killed manbearpig is a loser

Well what do its droppings look like?
    Similar to pig droppings only more man bear like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Let me tell you why I hate Al Gore and the Nobel Peace Prize comity.

During WWII, a woman by the name of Irena Sendler risked her life to smuggle over 2500 Jewish children out of Nazi occupied territory. At one point she was caught by the SS, and beaten near death. They broke both of her arms and legs, and left her to die. She recovered, however, and went right back to smuggling children out of the country. During this time, she kept a record of the names of every child she helped escape. Once the war ended, she spent the better part of a decade attempting to reunite the children with any surviving family they may have had. For those who's families had died, she worked to find foster homes for.

In 2007, Irena Sendler was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts. However, she lost the award. The winner was Al Gore, who was nominated for heroically making a slide show about global warming. Because, you know, who give a fuck about holocaust survivors when the award can be better used to make political statements?
    I don't see why either al gore or that lady should've gotten the prize. What did she do to promote peace?