Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't see why either al gore or that lady should've gotten the prize. What did she do to promote peace?
    Eh, Obama got it without lifting a finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I wouldn't even say hes a big leftie

If he was I would think he woould be a bit more principled
    Al Gore is as left as you can get. Hypocracy and all!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why either al gore or that lady should've gotten the prize. What did she do to promote peace?
    She risked her life to stop the slaughtering of thousands of innocents. I literally cannot think of anything that qualifies you more for the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Let me tell you why I hate Al Gore and the Nobel Peace Prize comity.

During WWII, a woman by the name of Irena Sendler risked her life to smuggle over 2500 Jewish children out of Nazi occupied territory. At one point she was caught by the SS, and beaten near death. They broke both of her arms and legs, and left her to die. She recovered, however, and went right back to smuggling children out of the country. During this time, she kept a record of the names of every child she helped escape. Once the war ended, she spent the better part of a decade attempting to reunite the children with any surviving family they may have had. For those who's families had died, she worked to find foster homes for.

In 2007, Irena Sendler was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts. However, she lost the award. The winner was Al Gore, who was nominated for heroically making a slide show about global warming. Because, you know, who give a fuck about holocaust survivors when the award can be better used to make political statements?
    Wow that's a hell of a story. I've never heard any of that before. But I have to say, this is no reason for you to hate Al Gore. It's not like he was the judge of who should have won the award or anything. Granted anyone with half a brain would agree Irena deserved it more than he did. But just because some idiots were the judges and gave it to Gore instead is no reason for you to hate him. Although i suppose he could have shown some class for the first time in his life and given the award to her instead.

Who decides the winner for the Nobel Peace Prize anyway? I imagine it's on a voting system and you better believe that if Gore had lost, he would have demanded a recount! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    She risked her life to stop the slaughtering of thousands of innocents. I literally cannot think of anything that qualifies you more for the prize.
    I wasn't saying I should've gotten the prize, was I?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't saying I should've gotten the prize, was I?
    I wasn't saying you were...

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here?

I think you misread my post.