The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

My Body transformation - Starting January 9th 2013

Basically what I had in my mind was to show a body transformation to you guys. I've done weight losses alot, healthy or not.

Either way, my goal was to reach 100 KG, but it being such a hard point I stopped at 91KG and am going to start now.

Starting weight 91
    Current weight - 91KG
    Height - 1,78M
    Age - 19

Basically I'm going to post a few pictures of my body from every day where I start and until I reach my goal. Pictures are going to present the DATE using a newspaper, my weight and body from the front, behind and sides. I'm not going into physical training such as lifting but more of diet and running.

My goal is 75 KG for the start. My time lapse will be around 2-3 weeks. In this time I will use a diet I've made myself consisting of only nautral ingredients. I'm not going to show my diet on this forum for obvious reason (I'm not going to take a part of any risk or harm this may cause to your body, if you can't handle it or if you push yourself too hard, I don't wish to stand responsible for that).

My reason for doing this is to maybe motivate some of you guys out there. I find diet as a joy, I've learned to manage it, I basically have managed to achieve the willpower to say no to things and push my ass outside. I'm sure many of you will be able to do so. Either way, I'm looking forward for this and hope I can motivate some of you guys that maybe have problems with weight.

My program consists of good diet and running. My jogging lapse is about 12 KM which i will run every night. I'll probably have to start slow on at the start but as time goes I'll increase the speed and time.

I hope I can get some motivation from you guys and myself with results showing results.

It's about 16kg that I'm going to lose. I might even go further than that depending on my motivation at that time.

* Things that will help me through
    - Good Diet
    - Good Music
    - Motivation/Willpower
    - Water

It will be really fun to see if I can manage it within my time lapse, I have some of my doubts that the 3 weeks wont be sufficient for losing 16KGs, but we'll just have to see.

Pictures will be taken in my boxers : I hope this doesn't go against any of the rules in the forums.

I might be doing some phsyical related to weight lifting training later on depending on my time. Hope you will enjoy over time.

If you're wondering about anything, feel free to ask.

Thanks

*PS EU User
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2013-01-09 at 01:57 AM.

I would suggest changing the priority of weight lifting to more than just an after thought, but other than that I wish you well

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    I would suggest changing the priority of weight lifting to more than just an after thought, but other than that I wish you well
    Of course, but I'd rather lose the fat that has been build on my body than train with it. Diet doesn't only burn fat, don't want it to backfire on me. Either way, thanks alot

Deleted
    Weight training in conjunction with a diet tailored to losing weight will work. I would keep doing some form of weight training but go lighter weight, higher reps.

Also, from personal experience High Intensity Interval Training seems to be far more effective at shifting weight than LSD runs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Weight training in conjunction with a diet tailored to losing weight will work. I would keep doing some form of weight training but go lighter weight, higher reps.

Also, from personal experience High Intensity Interval Training seems to be far more effective at shifting weight than LSD runs.
    Yes, I will of course be performing some physical training in terms of push ups, sit ups and probably light lifting. But what I wanted to come out as was that I'm not going to focus on the weight lifting, but it only as a partial job.

Yes, I am already doing high intensity, it will be jogging for 3-4km, at a good rate, then giving it all i got until i literally can't more, then jog and keep that pace up. My road is also included with valleys, so I have to run those up, in which I have two very large and one more which is about average, but in length extremely long.

But yes, I'm going to do a bit of both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Yes, I will of course be performing some physical training in terms of push ups, sit ups and probably light lifting. But what I wanted to come out as was that I'm not going to focus on the weight lifting, but it only as a partial job.

Yes, I am already doing high intensity, it will be jogging for 3-4km, at a good rate, then giving it all i got until i literally can't more, then jog and keep that pace up. My road is also included with valleys, so I have to run those up, in which I have two very large and one more which is about average, but in length extremely long.

But yes, I'm going to do a bit of both
    Situps doesnt "build" muscle or burn fat, i hope you know that...
    Push ups barelly build muscle.
    Light lifting wont do anything for you. Lift a feather a thousand times and nothing will happen.

Weight loss is a long process. keep that in mind

Fastest way to lose weight, is to build muscle. Since it will make you body burn more calories, to maintain itself even when you're gaming, sleeping, etc.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethiroth View Post
    Fastest way to lose weight, is to build muscle. Since it will make you body burn more calories, to maintain itself even when you're gaming, sleeping, etc.
    Yes and No. To build muscles is a futureproof of weightloss. It gives your body a higher weight, but still a less mass. Muscles at the same weight as fat has less mass. But building 2-3kg muscles in 2-3 weeks is totally impossible, it's not going to ever happen. Although you can burn fat faster doing cardio - different intervals. Muscle building is better in the length, but running and diet for now.

When the fat is going or most of it I will start pumping, depending on my free time. I don't have all the time, I work 9 hours a day for 6 days a week and finding a gym that is open then is quite hard. (Norway - Yeah we have some but I'm not to tempted to go there).

For the pictures here I'm asking, what would be ideal? I train 22.00 and on to 24.00. ( Running, while push ups and sit ups come in the morning. ) So when would the pictures be best to be posted? Today is the 10th and is day 1. Should I post them as

DAY 1 - Weight And picture? Meaning that I will post the Day after the day. Meaning Todays pictures will be posted around 01/02.00 in 11th. It's a bit messy but I'm at work at daytime mostly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Situps doesnt "build" muscle or burn fat, i hope you know that...
    Push ups barelly build muscle.
    Light lifting wont do anything for you. Lift a feather a thousand times and nothing will happen.

Weight loss is a long process. keep that in mind
    I feel most of the users here talk to me as a unexperienced guy trying this for his first time.

Sit ups and Push ups are a part of muscle building. Not everything is about visiblity, the sit ups help me strengthen the upper six pack, again, visibility or not, that's not the case.

With push ups i do usually 50x5 every day. Probably have to start lower for tonight.
    Sit ups go at the same 50 x 5.

It's not a big part of the body muscle building but it helps. Don't make me explain why Push Ups are effective, it's basically in it's name. Of course if you're talking about the guys doing 15 pushups x 2 and situps the wrong way, sure. It wont have any effect.

To say this again - I require no lecture in how to drop weight, I've done this before and not only once but a few times. I go up in weight to just lose it. This is will be the 4th time. I'm open for tips if you have any, but simply stuff as - Weight loss is a long process. C'mon, it all depends on your motivation and input in the training. It's always been like that. It's how much you push yourself at the limit.

OT : Will try to keep it more updated. It's a bit harder than I thought due to work.

Why not just stay on a healthy weight and good diet? And then stay there and progress your body when it is actually hard. Loosing weight is simple. Getting a well trimmed body takes much more and a much longer dedication of your time. Or train for Marathons or Triathlons. Or whatever challenge you set yourself.

Also, you are young now but please considder this as well:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/50...-on-the-heart/

Deleted
    Losing 16 KG of body weight in three weeks? Unhealthy and useless, but possible. Just crashdiet, overkill on cardio and abuse fatburners and diuretics like a madman. I would rather just get rid of only fat trough healthy exercise and nutrition, but that's just silly me.

Oh, and don't worry. This is totally healthy for you, both for the short-term as down the road!

So if I'm understanding this correctly.. you gained weight beforehand so you can show us how you lose it?

I'd set some fitness goals, rather than weight goals. Time your runs and sprints and how much weight you can lift. I'm certain some people can be motivated by seeing the numbers on a scale, but those numbers actually say very little about how fit you are.

p.s. You don't have the right idea on mass and weight; gravity will exert an equal amount of force on a kilogram of fat as it would on a kilogram of muscle, which is what "weight" is, the force due to gravity on a given mass. The difference is in density and volume, with muscle having the higher density and lower volume of the two.

edit: excluding buoyancy from the mass weight proportionality, of course.
    Last edited by Notos; 2013-01-11 at 10:03 AM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Yeah I wouldnt really suggest trying to drop 16kg in 2-3 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Yeah I wouldnt really suggest trying to drop 16kg in 2-3 weeks.
    Thats not even possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Thats not even possible.
    It sure is... It will just be mostly fluid and muscle tissue, but it surely is possible.

There is just no real reason why someone would want to do this, because it is just stupid to to risk your health, body and hard-earned muscles for something as meaningless as " showing <unknown> people what you can do". If one would be young and reasonably lean when starting this process, you would start to look like a 60 year old meth-addict by the time you finished.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5a6d2c7; 2013-01-11 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Sure it is. It will just be mostly fluid and muscle tissue, but it surely is possible.

There is just no real reason why someone would want to do this, because it is just stupid to to risk your health, body and hard-earned muscles for something as meaningless as " showing <unknown> people what you can do".

If one would be young and reasonably lean when starting this process, you would start to look like a 60 year old meth-addict by the time you finished.
    Yeah.

The goal of weight loss should be to become healthy, not to lose it as fast as possible for X event. Should have started sooner