Deleted

All the Youtube channels these days?

While trying to get a Youtube channel up and trying to get a fanbase sounds like fun and an okay way to make money...

Everybody and their grandma is now doing it.
    Soon every topic will be covered 10 times over:
    Food (epic meal time and such)
    Games (well, basically everyone)
    Fitness (FuriousPete)

I mean, original ideas are hard to come by.

Boogie2988 is pretty enjoyable because it has variations though.

Anyways, making a Youtube channel doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Deleted
    You could never really live off of a YT channel anyway. You do it because it's fun to do.

If you make a Youtube channel just to make money you will get frustrated and quit very fast. Posting things on Youtube should be more of a fun hobby that you really enjoy doing, no matter how many views you get. Getting any money at all would an extra perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    You could never really live off of a YT channel anyway. You do it because it's fun to do.

what are you talking about, do you know how many people actually do live off of it? not to mention the more than handful of people making well over six digits.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you have no clue how much amount of money it makes; It's ridiculous beyond measures.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Anyways, making a Youtube channel doesn't seem worth it anymore.
    Yes, if all you care about is making money, sure.

But if you just like to make videos because you like making videos... That's where true-successors come into play.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Oh you have no clue how much amount of money it makes; It's ridiculous beyond measures.
    Indeed I have no clue. I do know however that only a very small percentage of the people who do videos on a regular basis ever get to the point where they can live off of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed I have no clue. I do know however that only a very small percentage of the people who do videos on a regular basis ever get to the point where they can live off of it.
    Do you know who that annoying retard pewdiepie is?

Because he is a legitimate millionaire. All made from his horrible videos.

If you're just going to do it for the money, it will show in your videos, and you'll never be successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    YouTube has evolved beyond the point of where simple bloggers can earn a living. In the early days, they could. Now you have to have real talent for that to be the case (musicians, directors, comedians, writers, etc.).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    YouTube has evolved beyond the point of where simple bloggers can earn a living. In the early days, they could. Now you have to have real talent for that to be the case (musicians, directors, comedians, writers, etc.).
    Real talent like lets say.... The fred channel? Oh yeah yeah

... wth

As far as the math and science, those channels are AMAZING.

Vihart, Minutephysics, Numberphile, etc. There are so many math and science professors and undergrads creating videos you might never need to step foot in a college or university. Hell they have NUMEROUS experiments on youtube as well. Hell, I just watched a nice little chemical reaction using Uranium, albeit was harmless, but you got to see it in a metallic form with that lovely metallic luster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    As far as the math and science, those channels are AMAZING.

Vihart, Minutephysics, Numberphile, etc. There are so many math and science professors and undergrads creating videos you might never need to step foot in a college or university. Hell they have NUMEROUS experiments on youtube as well. Hell, I just watched a nice little chemical reaction using Uranium, albeit was harmless, but you got to see it in a metallic form with that lovely metallic luster.
    I love those videos. I have like 12 subs to science related videos and I just absorb like an hours worth of information being piled onto me.

I even voluntarily learned basic intregral calculus just because I could.

Only a very small percentage of people who do anything are successful at what they do. Don't let that stop you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Only a very small percentage of people who do anything are successful at what they do. Don't let that stop you.
    But there's no point in doing something if you don't enjoy it.

What's odd is it seems that the only ones that make the best money are the narrative and commentating ones. This guy 3.b over here making some killer music by himself isn't getting squat, even though he has a ton of views.

I may (probably) be wrong on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can really control whether your channel will get big or not. I think a lot of people just started doing it, not knowing what is was, then they continued doing it forever just because...

The first rule of the internet is that anything can become popular at any time for no reason at all. Take a chance with a youtube channel, its like playing the lotto.

With skill, dedication, determination and a plan I'm sure many of you reading this topic would be able to make money off of YT but it's not easy.

I really don't see how luck would have anything to do with success, if you have a good concept and know how to front it then go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    With skill, dedication, determination and a plan I'm sure many of you reading this topic would be able to make money off of YT but it's not easy.

I really don't see how luck would have anything to do with success, if you have a good concept and know how to front it then go for it.
    Nyancat? annoying orange? *insert some random shit here*? It is all about luck and good marketing.