Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Pretty much sums up all the pro-gun campaigners, a bunch of morons that have no idea what they are talking about
    No. No it doesn't. Not even close. Get educated please.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  2. #182
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,855
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    so what you're trying to say is.. the difference is one key part. just as i said.
    That's the entire point
    then why did you say "america isnt a tiny homogenous island country and thats why gun laws wont work"?
    they work in plenty of other countries as well. that are all special in their own ways.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Pretty much sums up all the pro-gun campaigners, a bunch of morons that have no idea what they are talking about
    <Pro-gun (essentially,) still think people like Alex Jones are fucking insane. Please don't paint people with broad brushes, it makes you look bad.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  4. #184
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,553
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I agree with all of that. Im just adamantly against further heavy handed bans
    See, that's what I meant.... Most responsible gun owners support regulation...

  5. #185
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What has Penn to do with anything now?
    He's a stand up comedian, and that's a snippet from the Penn and Teller Show. It's a sarcastic, comedian way to showcase gun obsession.
    Some lessons are best taught through comedy
    If you really want to freak people the fuck out you have to pepper your schemes with mind-boggling inefficiency.

  6. #186
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What has Penn to do with anything now?
    He's a stand up comedian, and that's a snippet from the Penn and Teller Show. It's a sarcastic, comedian way to showcase gun obsession.
    He's a fellow libertarian. He may say things that you find humorous, but the point is serious.

    Hypothetical scenario: Your daughter stands accross the street from a rapist. Which makes her safest: A condom, a cop 5 minutes away or a concealed handgun?

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He's a fellow libertarian. He may say things that you find humorous, but the point is serious.

    Hypothetical scenario: Your daughter stands accross the street from a rapist. Which makes her safest: A condom, a cop 5 minutes away or a concealed handgun?
    Fellow libertarian? Fellow to whom?

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He's a fellow libertarian. He may say things that you find humorous, but the point is serious.

    Hypothetical scenario: Your daughter stands accross the street from a rapist. Which makes her safest: A condom, a cop 5 minutes away or a concealed handgun?
    Nobody is currently talking about a handgun ban, so I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  9. #189
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    so what you're trying to say is.. the difference is one key part. just as i said.

    then why did you say "america isnt a tiny homogenous island country and thats why gun laws wont work"?
    they work in plenty of other countries as well. that are all special in their own ways.
    I never said gun laws won't work. That's a straw man argument. I'm just against bans. Those wont work here, and are probably unconstitutional.
    If you really want to freak people the fuck out you have to pepper your schemes with mind-boggling inefficiency.

  10. #190
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He's a fellow libertarian. He may say things that you find humorous, but the point is serious.

    Hypothetical scenario: Your daughter stands accross the street from a rapist. Which makes her safest: A condom, a cop 5 minutes away or a concealed handgun?
    what about : self defense training : pepper spray: taser : a friend with her ?

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He's a fellow libertarian. He may say things that you find humorous, but the point is serious.

    Hypothetical scenario: Your daughter stands accross the street from a rapist. Which makes her safest: A condom, a cop 5 minutes away or a concealed handgun?
    Neither, because she doesn't know about said rapist until it is too late, he rapes her, and then turns her gun on her. He now is armed with a gun and she's dead. Gun's didn't make the wild west any safer, why would guns do so now?

    Or said man wasn't a rapist, but she killed him and now an innocent man is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells
    You don't get to troll, lie, and treat government like a game for your own purposes and then expect to be treated like a statesmen. Fuck that.

  12. #192
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    See, that's what I meant.... Most responsible gun owners support regulation...
    Yeah, but you act like most people support "assault weapon" bans, when that is not the case. Bans are impractical and only hurt good people. The drug war and prohibition worked so well for us
    If you really want to freak people the fuck out you have to pepper your schemes with mind-boggling inefficiency.

  13. #193
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Nobody is currently talking about a handgun ban, so I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.
    Handguns are semi-automatic. . .

  14. #194
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,553
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Some lessons are best taught through comedy
    yeah, but I fail to see the connection to Piers Morgan. Am I too sleepy already?

  15. #195
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Neither, because she doesn't know about said rapist, he rapes her, turns her gun on her. He now is armed with a gun and she's dead. Gun's didn't make the wild west any safer, why would guns do so now?
    Wild West was pretty damn safe actually
    http://www.examiner.com/article/disp...-the-wild-west
    If you really want to freak people the fuck out you have to pepper your schemes with mind-boggling inefficiency.

  16. #196
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Neither, because she doesn't know about said rapist until it is too late, he rapes her, and then turns her gun on her. He now is armed with a gun and she's dead. Gun's didn't make the wild west any safer, why would guns do so now?

    Or said man wasn't a rapist, but she killed him and now an innocent man is dead.
    And statistically less than 1% of crimes involved with guns, the gun is turned on the owner. True fact. Look back a few pages and find the FBI statistic on this.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Handguns are semi-automatic. . .
    But not currently targeted by the ban. All revolvers and most clip-based handguns aren't even close to being in the categories up for banning.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  18. #198
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,855
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I never said gun laws won't work. That's a straw man argument. I'm just against bans. Those wont work here, and are probably unconstitutional.
    banning certain types of weapons doesnt seem to be. the only reason things havent worked here is loopholes & lack of enforcement. other countries get their guns from *us*.

  19. #199
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Wild West was pretty damn safe actually
    http://www.examiner.com/article/disp...-the-wild-west
    Speakin of which, how is the gun ban in Chicago working for the denizens there?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    But not currently targeted by the ban. All revolvers and most clip-based handguns aren't even close to being in the categories up for banning.
    Well fully automatic "assault" weapons have already been banned in the US.

  20. #200
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Speakin of which, how is the gun ban in Chicago working for the denizens there?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:55 AM ----------



    Well fully automatic "assault" weapons have already been banned in the US.
    I don't know why don't you get a shovel and ask them?
    If you really want to freak people the fuck out you have to pepper your schemes with mind-boggling inefficiency.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •