Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Pandaren Monk Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    He's also right that crime is at a 40 year low (while gun ownership has risen). The FBI facts verify this.

    So more guns doesn't necessarily mean more crime, at least in the USA

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:38 AM ----------

    I liked his accent though
    But gun related deaths are at a world high. More guns = more gun related deaths. Every statistic supports this.
    8 year olds Dude.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    its such a mystery.. why would a society that glorifies violence, has easy access to deadly weapons, encourages the use of them, and villifies "peaceful solutions" spawn psychosis? hmmmmmm....
    Except literally half the developed nations on the planet do/contain all those things you mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Oh was it now? I guess that whole "Revolutionary War" thing is just the UK putting spin on all those sit-ins and peaceful demonstrations.
    I'm talking about prior to the revolution. The founding fathers spent most of a decade seeking legal recourse with the crown before declaring independence.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'm talking about prior to the revolution. The founding fathers spent most of a decade seeking legal recourse with the crown before declaring independence.
    And by "legal recourse" you mean writing letters to Parliament saying "boo hoo we pay taxes but don't participate in Parliament".
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  5. #225
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Except literally half the developed nations on the planet do/contain all those things you mention.
    define "developed".

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    And by "legal recourse" you mean writing letters to Parliament saying "boo hoo we pay taxes but don't participate in Parliament".
    I'm done with this conversation. You clearly don't intend to take it seriously.

    Yes, I'm talking about the letters written to Parliament demanding representation if they were going to be taxed, and the eventual Declaration of Independence sent to Parliament when all other avenues had failed.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  7. #227
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    You honestly think if a ban was to occur (Morgan is in support of this) that people would let it happen? HELL NO
    Again, you are talking out of your butt here. Morgan does NOT support a FULL ban. He supports weapon control and legislation.
    He is on that topic since day one of the Sandy Hook shooting now, basically every day. He had several interview partners, from both sides of the aisle, and some of the ones I've seen have been very interesting. He clearly stated that he:
    - understands and respects that guns are a part of the American culture, and that fact he completely supports.
    - that he however supports the need for regulation and legislature, to reduce the amount of casualties through gun violence, which is a result of the lack of said regulations and legislature.
    That's his personal opinion on that matter, and he made it very clear.
    Oddly enough, he talked to leading pro-gun people, and they were able to talk very efficient and could agree on a lot of things.

  8. #228
    That guy only knows 1 way to win a discussion. JUST SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH AND I WILL WIN THIS DISCUSSION! YELL YELL YELL. Every time I encounter people like this I never bother to continue dicussing, cause they dont go on with facts and act civilized to win a dicussion, they just scream loud enough. Many of them probably know they are stupid and only got this scream tactic.

    Also, this guy is ignorant. Say whatever you want about Morgan, but he got a point. Americans obsessions with the need of owning all kinds of weapons for "self defense" will eventually lead to higher and higher murder numbers. No doubt they will flush theyre own country down the toilet with this. The numbers of how many are killed by guys says it all.
    Last edited by CrusaderNerò87; 2013-01-09 at 08:21 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    define "developed".
    A developed country or "more developed country" (MDC), is a sovereign state that has a highly developed economy and advanced technological infrastructure relative to other less developed nations. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of economic development is gross domestic product (GDP), the per capita income, level of industrialization, amount of widespread infrastructure and general standard of living.[1] Which criteria are to be used and which countries can be classified as being developed are subjects of debate.

    Developed countries have post-industrial economies, meaning the service sector provides more wealth than the industrial sector. They are contrasted with developing countries, which are in the process of industrialization, or undeveloped countries, which are pre-industrial and almost entirely agrarian. According to the International Monetary Fund, advanced economies comprise 65.8% of global nominal GDP and 52.1% of global GDP (PPP) in 2010.[2] In 2011, the ten largest advanced economies by either nominal GDP or GDP (PPP) are the United States, Japan, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, Spain, Republic of Korea, and Australia.[3][4]

    Google is hard.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Again, you are talking out of your butt here. Morgan does NOT support a FULL ban. He supports weapon control and legislation.
    He is on that topic since day one of the Sandy Hook shooting now, basically every day. He had several interview partners, from both sides of the aisle, and some of the ones I've seen have been very interesting. He clearly stated that he:
    - understands and respects that guns are a part of the American culture, and that fact he completely supports.
    - that he however supports the need for regulation and legislature, to reduce the amount of casualties through gun violence, which is a result of the lack of said regulations and legislature.
    That's his personal opinion on that matter, and he made it very clear.
    Oddly enough, he talked to leading pro-gun people, and they were able to talk very efficient and could agree on a lot of things.
    And yet we don't see him campaigning for legislation prohibiting knives IN HIS OWN COUNTRY.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    That guy only knows 1 way to win a discussion. JUST SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH AND I WILL WIN THIS DISCUSSION! YELL YELL YELL. Every time I encounter people like this I never bother to continue dicussing, cause they dont go on with facts and act civilized to win a dicussion, they just scream loud enough. Many of them probably know they are stupid and only got this scream tactic.

    Also, this guy is ignorant. Say whatever you want about Morgan, but he got a point. Americans obsessions with the need of owning all kinds of weapons for "self defense" will eventually lead to higher and higher murder numbers. No doubt they will flush theyre own country down the toilet with this. The numbers of how many are killed by guys says it all.
    Yeah those "higher and higher" murder numbers that are continually DECLINING.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  10. #230
    The crazy guy was hilarious, but my god is Piers an insufferable cunt.

    If I could choose just one person on this entire earth I would have fade out of existence, it would be him.

  11. #231
    The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,285
    I watched 1½ hours of Dave Chappelle this morning, and I thought that was the peak of comedy.

    Seems like I was wrong.

  12. #232
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    UK has a firearm band and has a much higher violent crime rate compared to the US
    UK does not have a firearm ban. They have the strictest firearm laws in Europe, but not a ban.
    And sorry bud.. But it is irrelevant to point the fingers into the directions of other casualty sources, in this case. It's about gun violence and in that case is a count of 35 in the UK, and over 10k in the USA a clear imbalance which cannot be justified by anything else.
    UK's gun crime death toll is 0.9 per capita. the USA's is above 10.
    We also have to stick to the guns here, literally speaking, since all countries vary in their crime record tracks.
    The USA is for example extremely relaxed and idealized with crime records. Which lowers the stats effectively, where other countries on the contrary keep track of every little detail crime, which increases their stats. To be as accurate as it gets, one has to get into the very detail of the worst case.. Death..
    And there, the crime stats are really not anywhere favorable for the USA.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    UK has a firearm band and has a much higher violent crime rate compared to the US
    I love this argument.

    "Violent Crime" in the UK includes 2 drunken guys throwing punches at each other on the way home form the pub because some guy looked at his girl funny.

    Of course it's high. Our big issue is actually an "alcohol issue", something that the govt is taking steps to address. Why are you so against your government taking steps to address your issue?
    (btw your rape rate is higher than ours for every year up to last year where we edged out in front, how are your "guns for self-defense" helping there?)

  14. #234
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,035
    Google is hard.
    right.. are you aware the US's gun homicide rate is not comparable to most "developed nations", but third world ones?

    guess we have a third world culture.

  15. #235
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    And yet we don't see him campaigning for legislation prohibiting knives IN HIS OWN COUNTRY.
    why should he campaign for something that already exists? UK's crime rates are up because in parts there's a civil war still going on... UK = England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland.
    Ireland.. Still not at rest. High crime.. Terrorism if you will...

    The rest..... EU.. Open borders.. Yet still UK feels very safe, when you happen to be there.

    Yeah those "higher and higher" murder numbers that are continually DECLINING.
    The topic and reason of everything are mass shootings...
    And the count on those is at 11 such shootings since the congress woman was a victim of such shooting 2 years, and 2 days ago.
    Yes, THAT number skyrocketed.

  16. #236
    Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    1,005
    The Interview was absolutely hilarious and the 2nd video that was linked here, only the right guy talking (in his radio show?) has maybe something to do with propaganda but still, I have to laugh at this whole thing and can't take it serious.

    What is even more hilarious is signing a petition to shove him out of his country for attacking the 2nd Amendment. This whole situation is just laughable beyond belief.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    why should he campaign for something that already exists? UK's crime rates are up because in parts there's a civil war still going on... UK = England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland.
    Ireland.. Still not at rest. High crime.. Terrorism if you will...

    The rest..... EU.. Open borders.. Yet still UK feels very safe, when you happen to be there.

    The topic and reason of everything are mass shootings...
    And the count on those is at 11 such shootings since the congress woman was a victim of such shooting 2 years, and 2 days ago.
    Yes, THAT number skyrocketed.
    But WHY did it skyrocket? Guns didn't become any easier to obtain since then. Why have there been more mass-shootings in the US than every other country combined? Other countries have guns, but something about U.S. society in particular leads to this sort of thing. My opinion is it has to do with the glorification of the shooters in U.S. media. Name one victim of Columbine, you probably can't without Google unless you were related or from the area, but I'm sure you know the names Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Name a victim from Arizona besides Gabby Giffords or Christina Taylor Green (whose name, admittedly, I only know due to the MC Lars song "By The Time I Get Shot Up In Arizona.") Name a victim from Sandy Hook. Name a victim from Virginia Tech. You can't, but I bet you can at least partially name the shooter in each of those cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  18. #238
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    But WHY did it skyrocket? Guns didn't become any easier to obtain since then. Why have there been more mass-shootings in the US than every other country combined? Other countries have guns, but something about U.S. society in particular leads to this sort of thing. My opinion is it has to do with the glorification of the shooters in U.S. media. Name one victim of Columbine, you probably can't without Google unless you were related or from the area, but I'm sure you know the names Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Name a victim from Arizona besides Gabby Giffords or Christina Taylor Green (whose name, admittedly, I only know due to the MC Lars song "By The Time I Get Shot Up In Arizona.") Name a victim from Sandy Hook. Name a victim from Virginia Tech. You can't, but I bet you can at least partially name the shooter.
    I see where you going, and I cannot deny that it is a valid point. It plays into it, for sure.
    As for the weapons.... Well there was a change. The "assault weapon" ban expired. They were freely available once again. And still are at the moment.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I see where you going, and I cannot deny that it is a valid point. It plays into it, for sure.
    As for the weapons.... Well there was a change. The "assault weapon" ban expired. They were freely available once again. And still are at the moment.
    No, they aren't. Assault weapons are fully automatic. Fully automatic weapons can't be bought freely. In order to own a fully automatic weapon it has to be manufactured before 1986, and even then the NFA system still applies. There's a large amount of paperwork and finances involved, in addition to needing an OK from both local and federal law enforcement agencies, resulting in, as I've pointed out, virtually NOBODY can get approved. Got a speeding ticket? No rifle. Got a DUI 30 years ago? No rifle. Hell my father has been sober for over 15 years, but due to having 3 DUIs, the most recent of which was 1977, he was nearly denied the right to purchase a pistol. He had to appeal the decision and attend an official hearing to get it overturned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  20. #240
    Fine, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    ...
    But if people kill people, why the fuck do we give them the right to semi-automatics?

    I don't think that all (or even most) guns should be banned, but whats the rational for owning guns that have such a large fire rate? It takes a single bullet to kill someone: I'm honestly confused what situation an average citizen could encounter where a handgun would be inadequate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •