Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    No, they aren't. Assault weapons are fully automatic. Fully automatic weapons can't be bought freely. In order to own a fully automatic weapon it has to be manufactured before 1986, and even then the NFA system still applies. There's a large amount of paperwork and finances involved, in addition to needing an OK from both local and federal law enforcement agencies, resulting in, as I've pointed out, virtually NOBODY can get approved. Got a speeding ticket? No rifle. Got a DUI 30 years ago? No rifle. Hell my father has been sober for over 15 years, but due to having 3 DUIs, the most recent of which was 1977, he was nearly denied the right to purchase a pistol. He had to appeal the decision and attend an official hearing to get it overturned.
    so, they wouldn't give a gun to a person who has exhibited a blatant disregard for human life, not just once, but 3 times (when he was caught)...

    how is that bad?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Fine, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    ...
    But if people kill people, why the fuck do we give them the right to semi-automatics?

    I don't think that all (or even most) guns should be banned, but whats the rational for owning guns that have such a large fire rate? It takes a single bullet to kill someone: I'm honestly confused what situation an average citizen could encounter where a handgun would be inadequate.
    Does it really matter what gun he had? How many bullets it holds? What if he'd used a bomb? The worst school massacre in US history was done with dynamite, almost 100 years ago; and we did nothing, hell, hardly reported it. Previous posters have hit the nail on the head. The media is to blame.

    Gun has a 50 bullet magazine? So he gets two guns with 25 bullet magazines. Or learns to reload quickly. If you're killing a bunch of schoolchildren its not like you have to worry about being overpowered mid load.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Fine, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    ...
    But if people kill people, why the fuck do we give them the right to semi-automatics?

    I don't think that all (or even most) guns should be banned, but whats the rational for owning guns that have such a large fire rate? It takes a single bullet to kill someone: I'm honestly confused what situation an average citizen could encounter where a handgun would be inadequate.
    Actually, a single gunshot anywhere within 80% of your body (the 80% that isn't brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, or major arteries that run to or from those organs) has an insanely high survival rate assuming you get medical attention within an hour of it occurring. Back when 50 Cent was first being hyped they kept pointing out how he was a superman for taking 9 shots, but not one of those was in an area that could have been fatal for any reason beyond blood loss, which would have required him to not seek any medical attention. By that logic, why do policemen need anything beyond a single shot pistol? Why do soldiers need anything more than an 8-15 round pistol? I mean, it only takes one bullet so a single soldier could kill 15 people. The simple fact is, bullets miss. A lot. Not everyone is going to stop from a warning shot, not everyone is going to stop from taking a non-fatal hit. There's plenty of accounts of people on PCP and the like taking shots from police and continuing to advance like a zombie, completely ignoring the fact they have a large lead slug implanted in their body. Most robberies/home invasions aren't perpetrated by a single person. So let's say three people break into a home, the homeowner is trained with their firearm but isn't that great when it comes to marksmanship, so let's say they only hit a perfect bullseye 1/5 shots. It's going to take him a minimum of 15 shots to land 1 shot on each invader, of which the probability of them dying, as illustrated previously in the post, is low enough to effectively be classed as 0. And contrary to what Hollywood and the video game industry tells you, no one is trained to take headshots. They teach you to shoot center-mass, because 90% of that 20% lethal zone, is in the abdominal cavity. Even hunters are taught to go for the heart and lungs, due to their size in comparison to the brain.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 04:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarojini View Post
    so, they wouldn't give a gun to a person who has exhibited a blatant disregard for human life, not just once, but 3 times (when he was caught)...

    how is that bad?
    How is the fact that he hasn't had a drink since 1995, and hasn't driven drunk since 1977 bad? Should we judge everyone by their past? Because by that logic literally everything you use technologically shouldn't be available to anyone. Computers, the internet, space travel, all those things started with the government, and most of the tech we have today originated from NASA post-World War II, by former Nazi scientists, war criminals responsible for some of the biggest atrocities in the history of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  4. #244
    If you believe that restricting firearms with normal capacity magazines, not reduced capacity and limiting their availability will affect any sort of change in America you are WRONG.

    It is despicable that you liberals and Europeans call for greater regulation because you would rather not be responsible for your own safety. You've been conditioned to be dependent, that accepting social programs rather than hard work is morally sound. You've been conditioned to believe you are entitled, that you are somehow 'above average' and that if you 'believe in yourself enough' nothing is impossible, which is far from reality for most. You don't believe in keeping score at children's sporting events because 'everyone is a winner.' You've been conditioned to believe that inanimate objects are things to be feared. You've been conditioned to believe that atrocity on a mass scale could not possibly happen again in a first world nation. You CELEBRATE MEDIOCRITY. You believe your government is your friend and can be trusted with your safety as well as your money.

    You believe that gun control works despite every statistic coming out of Alex Jones mouth is FACT.

    You believe that saving 10 or 100 is better than saving millions. Oh you liberals forget your history so quickly.

    You believe that guns don't save peoples lives every day without anyone dying.

    There are more good people in this world than bad, and the more firearms in the hands of the good people will prevent atrocity large and small and collectively make everyone safer and more free.

    Nothing anyone can say will sway my belief that firearms are tools of freedom when used by good people and tools of oppression in the hands of the evil.

    The United States Constitution is shackles upon a beast. Every freedom we relinquish weakens the bonds. The 2nd Amendment is the single most important element of the Constitution. However it is forgotten easily because it is one that is rarely needed.
    Last edited by bellabulldog; 2013-01-09 at 09:21 AM.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    How is the fact that he hasn't had a drink since 1995, and hasn't driven drunk since 1977 bad? Should we judge everyone by their past? Because by that logic literally everything you use technologically shouldn't be available to anyone. Computers, the internet, space travel, all those things started with the government, and most of the tech we have today originated from NASA post-World War II, by former Nazi scientists, war criminals responsible for some of the biggest atrocities in the history of the world.
    He had total disregard for human life, it shows he has a history of such and shouldn't be trusted to have a gun.

    How does this in any way relate to people inventing things under heavy supervision? You're arguments are invalid because you're trying to compare apples to oranges.

    EDIT: I'm from Canada we have strict gun laws and less gun violence. 'sup? You American's should really make it harder to gain guns, that's all most people ask of you.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-01-09 at 09:19 AM.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    He had total disregard for human life, it shows he has a history of such and shouldn't be trusted to have a gun.

    How does this in any way relate to people inventing things under heavy supervision? You're arguments are invalid because you're trying to compare apples to oranges.

    EDIT: I'm from Canada we have strict gun laws and less gun violence. 'sup? You American's should really make it harder to gain guns, that's all most people ask of you.
    How does making mistakes as a teenager equate to a "total disregard of human life"? You expect us to believe you've never made a mistake or done something you regret? Or are you still a teenager and think you know everything despite a total lack of life experience? If people were held accountable for every little thing they did over the course of their entire life, for their entire life, not a single person in the world would be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    It's called controlled opposition people. They bring the crazies out to make their side seem like the only credible one. It's a classic propaganda technique. Quite a few of Alex's facts were right though (rifles don't kill many people).

    True. It's a clever way of controlling your opposition.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    How does making mistakes as a teenager equate to a "total disregard of human life"? You expect us to believe you've never made a mistake or done something you regret? If people were held accountable for every little thing they did over the course of their entire life, for their entire life, not a single person in the world would be free.
    People would be free because then there would be less "Oh you did a bad thing /patontheback it's ok we forgive you, here go do it again!".

    And no I haven't made any legal mistakes in my life time because I'm a law abiding citizen, as everyone should be, but because not everyone is THERE NEEDS TO BE RULES AND REGULATIONS.

    That's your common sense for the day.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    If you believe that restricting firearms with normal capacity magazines, not reduced capacity and limiting their availability will affect any sort of change in America you are WRONG.

    It is despicable that you liberals and Europeans call for greater regulation because you would rather not be responsible for your own safety. You've been conditioned to be dependent, that accepting social programs rather than hard work is morally sound. You've been conditioned to believe you are entitled, that you are somehow 'above average' and that if you 'believe in yourself enough' nothing is impossible, which is far from reality for most. You don't believe in keeping score at children's sporting events because 'everyone is a winner.' You've been conditioned to believe that inanimate objects are things to be feared. You've been conditioned to believe that atrocity on a mass scale could not possibly happen again in a first world nation. You CELEBRATE MEDIOCRITY. You believe your government is your friend and can be trusted with your safety as well as your money.
    Nearly good enough for my signature.
    Also, weird I thought all this shows on television about celebrating mediocrity, lowering standards to the weakest members and all that jazz came from the US.
    Glee*cough*....

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    People would be free because then there would be less "Oh you did a bad thing /patontheback it's ok we forgive you, here go do it again!".

    And no I haven't made any legal mistakes in my life time because I'm a law abiding citizen, as everyone should be, but because not everyone is THERE NEEDS TO BE RULES AND REGULATIONS.

    That's your common sense for the day.
    You're so full of shit you should change your name to "Porta-John". Nobody is perfect, nobody has never broken a single law in their life. Maybe you didn't get caught, but the idea that you're a 100% law-abiding citizen is ridiculous.

    EDIT: Let me guess, you've paid for every single mp3 and video file on your computer right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Nearly good enough for my signature.
    Also, weird I thought all this shows on television about celebrating mediocrity, lowering standards to the weakest members and all that jazz came from the US.
    Glee*cough*....
    Most flattering response I've ever received. Thanks.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    You're so full of shit you should change your name to "Porta-John". Nobody is perfect, nobody has never broken a single law in their life. Maybe you didn't get caught, but the idea that you're a 100% law-abiding citizen is ridiculous.

    EDIT: Let me guess, you've paid for every single mp3 and video file on your computer right?
    So, MP3s and Videos kill people now? That's your argument? Who's full of what now? Not everyone has put a human's life in danger. Have some? Yes. Were they mistakes? Yes. Should they be punished for said mistake? Yes.

    You sound like the crazy guy in the video. Shout louder, someone will hear you.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    How does making mistakes as a teenager equate to a "total disregard of human life"? You expect us to believe you've never made a mistake or done something you regret? Or are you still a teenager and think you know everything despite a total lack of life experience? If people were held accountable for every little thing they did over the course of their entire life, for their entire life, not a single person in the world would be free.
    If he'd plowed through an intersection and mowed down a 5 yr old child, how would your opinion differ? He got drunk and made a conscious decision to drive a car on numerous occasions (It would be pretty awful luck if he just happened to get caught on the sole 3 occasions that he decided to drive, don't you think?). He acted irresponsibly even after having been caught, not just once but twice. If he was driving whilst drunk as a teenager, does that not also indicate that he was drinking underage? Sounds very responsible.

    Yes kids do dumb shit, but I can't say that I ever did anything dumb enough where the death of another could have been the outcome. Did I drink underage? of course, I'm a Brit, but I didn't endanger anyone but myself when doing so.

    I also find it astounding how "normal" DUI's are in the states, like it isn't a big deal. But that's another debate for another time

  14. #254


    Yeah....I'm really going to listen to this tinfoil hat wearing degenerate. According to A.J. the government created an infux of gay people by putting Estrogen and MSG into children's juice boxes. Talking fast like a drug addict and simply prefacing stupid statements with "I have the government documents" does not count as proof in my book.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-09 at 09:46 AM.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    Most flattering response I've ever received. Thanks.
    Only due when faced with a work of such poetry.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    So, MP3s and Videos kill people now? That's your argument? Who's full of what now? Not everyone has put a human's life in danger. Have some? Yes. Were they mistakes? Yes. Should they be punished for said mistake? Yes.

    You sound like the crazy guy in the video. Shout louder, someone will hear you.
    So losing his license for 5 years, paying ridiculous fees, forced attendance of meetings (which he also had to pay for despite being mandatory), and losing contact with the children from his first marriage wasn't punishment enough? Tell me, what would be sufficient punishment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarojini View Post
    If he'd plowed through an intersection and mowed down a 5 yr old child, how would your opinion differ? He got drunk and made a conscious decision to drive a car on numerous occasions (It would be pretty awful luck if he just happened to get caught on the sole 3 occasions that he decided to drive, don't you think?). He acted irresponsibly even after having been caught, not just once but twice. If he was driving whilst drunk as a teenager, does that not also indicate that he was drinking underage? Sounds very responsible.

    Yes kids do dumb shit, but I can't say that I ever did anything dumb enough where the death of another could have been the outcome. Did I drink underage? of course, I'm a Brit, but I didn't endanger anyone but myself when doing so.

    I also find it astounding how "normal" DUI's are in the states, like it isn't a big deal. But that's another debate for another time
    I would start by wondering why there was an unattended 5 year old in an intersection at 3:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So losing his license for 5 years, paying ridiculous fees, forced attendance of meetings (which he also had to pay for despite being mandatory), and losing contact with the children from his first marriage wasn't punishment enough? Tell me, what would be sufficient punishment?

    I would start by wondering why there was an unattended 5 year old in an intersection at 3:00 AM.
    Did he marry at 12? Your story is so full of holes, it's funny.

    Does it matter if it was a 5 yr old or a 40 yr old? It's still a human life.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So losing his license for 5 years, paying ridiculous fees, forced attendance of meetings (which he also had to pay for despite being mandatory), and losing contact with the children from his first marriage wasn't punishment enough? Tell me, what would be sufficient punishment?
    He should also lose of privileges that could lead to harming another person. That many DUI's shows entire disregard for other people, thus IMO he shouldn't have a license ever. Showed irresponsibility on multiple occasions which should then lead him to not being allowed to have a weapon.

    Also, teenager's mistakes, losing contact of his children (Plural) from his first marriage... as a teenager. The irresponsibility is adding up quite fast. I don't think you should be the spokesperson for your father because either you are a chronic liar or you're painting a poor picture of your father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I would start by wondering why there was an unattended 5 year old in an intersection at 3:00 AM.
    Could that child not be in a car? Could a family not be travelling? Etc. Etc. Etc..

  19. #259
    Second DUI should be a mandatory felony.

  20. #260


    Hurricane Sandy was controlled by the government and was a False Flag Operation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •