Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    (snip)
    I see your crazy interview and raise you this:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQpD9LolO-k
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  2. #22
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    This is a news magazine show and, once again, you have to literally just watch it to see the insane guy is insane. If you think it's choppy editing or that they fed him lines, then we know exactly that your argument is nonsense.



    The relevant facts posed by that loathesome Arsenal fan Morgan was that America has thousands upon thousands of gun deaths and Britain does not. Human life >> killing objects.
    What they are saying is that the only reason they even put him on was because he was crazy and pro gun
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  3. #23
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    It's called controlled opposition people. They bring the crazies out to make their side seem like the only credible one. It's a classic propaganda technique. Quite a few of Alex's facts were right though (rifles don't kill many people).

    *snip*
    This, pretty much. He's not going to bring on a professional firearms safety instructor, because he has a chance of losing the debate.

    Alex Jones is a walking strawman argument in this case.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    What they are saying is that the only reason they even put him on was because he was crazy and pro gun
    I bet some (note: some) on the pro-gun side are proud A. Jones was put there to "represent them", and I also bet they think he gave a good impression. Let's be honest here, this isn't the first time such bad logic and behavior has been seen from the pro-gun movement.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I bet some on the pro-gun side are proud A. Jones was put there to "represent them", and I also bet they think he gave a good impression. Let's be honest here, this isn't the first time such bad logic and behavior has been seen from the pro-gun movement.
    Not really, I'm pro-gun, or at least not in favor of taking them away from people, but where Anne Coulter (whom I honestly hate) actually made some valid points using facts and evidence, Alex Jones is a mentally imbalanced far, far-right mouthpiece that rants incoherently, and makes shit up as he goes along rather than finding facts to back up his argument. (And they are out there, example, there were 7 theaters closer to the home of the Aurora, CO shooter, but those 7 theaters allowed guns in their theaters. The theater he attacked had a "no guns" policy.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,350
    In honesty, I couldnt even get past the first 5 minutes without laughing my ass off at how bad that guy is.
    I am proguns, but I do not want that man as my spokes person, as he wasnt even giving piers the chance to even speak.

    What the fat crazy man did say, though, that was the truth, was that the second amendment isnt for "hunting," it is so that if need be, a militia can be formed to oppose a tyrannical government (both foreign and domestic). It is pretty straight forward, if you read the full amendment, on why guns shouldnt and cannot be banned. But the guy is a terrible spokesman. Honestly, if they got someone that actually knew what he was talking about rather than yelling, then it wouldnt seem like such a propoganda video for those who do think it is.

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    In honesty, I couldnt even get past the first 5 minutes without laughing my ass off at how bad that guy is.
    I am proguns, but I do not want that man as my spokes person, as he wasnt even giving piers the chance to even speak.

    What the fat crazy man did say, though, that was the truth, was that the second amendment isnt for "hunting," it is so that if need be, a militia can be formed to oppose a tyrannical government (both foreign and domestic). It is pretty straight forward, if you read the full amendment, on why guns shouldnt and cannot be banned. But the guy is a terrible spokesman. Honestly, if they got someone that actually knew what he was talking about rather than yelling, then it wouldnt seem like such a propoganda video for those who do think it is.
    He's also right that crime is at a 40 year low (while gun ownership has risen). The FBI facts verify this.

    So more guns doesn't necessarily mean more crime, at least in the USA

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:38 AM ----------

    I liked his accent though
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.

  8. #28
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,220
    Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex.
    Thank you for a laugh
    Suicide pills!
    Alex Jones, what a Cock.

    Whilst it is obvious this is not how all Americans act or behave, This guy does make you look like a bunch of crazies who just put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalala not listening"
    Last edited by Sigma; 2013-01-09 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,768
    Piers actually brought on a respectful and insightful guest tonight, who presented great points while piers kept to his talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.

  10. #30
    Honestly I would've personally thrown him out of the building the moment he started to speak back to me with an accent in that manner.

  11. #31
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    He's also right that crime is at a 40 year low (while gun ownership has risen). The FBI facts verify this.

    So more guns doesn't necessarily mean more crime, at least in the USA

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:38 AM ----------

    I liked his accent though
    That's the one redeeming quality about Alex Jones. He doesn't make up statistics.

    His conclusion based on some of those statistics is where there is often a disconnect with reality though. Cancer diagnosis rates are up 1% over the last decade, therefore the government is giving everybody cancer in order to seize control of your local post office.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    What they are saying is that the only reason they even put him on was because he was crazy and pro gun
    And yet he still chose to go on and perform that rant. It is not manipulation. It is letting the man be the man.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    This is a news magazine show and, once again, you have to literally just watch it to see the insane guy is insane. If you think it's choppy editing or that they fed him lines, then we know exactly that your argument is nonsense.



    The relevant facts posed by that loathesome Arsenal fan Morgan was that America has thousands upon thousands of gun deaths and Britain does not. Human life >> killing objects.
    No, I think they asked a guy that is overly passionate to come in and speak his mind, and like someone else said, it makes a point of view slightly closer to the middle seem more "normal" and "not crazy" .... Its a very cheap, sad and pathetic tactic, and it shits on real debate and shits on the memory of those that have recently died, by pretending to be "showing the issues" in their respect.

    They purposefully brought in a guy that they know screams on his show, that gets heated easily. Do you think this was a freak accident? Out of all the pro-gun people out there, they couldn't choose someone that DOESNT yell? Yeah, its BS.

  14. #34
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And yet he still chose to go on and perform that rant. It is not manipulation. It is letting the man be the man.
    Sometimes I think Alex Jones is actually a professional Libertarian Strawman, who likes to ensure that nobody ever takes libertarianism seriously.

  15. #35
    Oh god. Alex Jones.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, I think they asked a guy that is overly passionate to come in and speak his mind, and like someone else said, it makes a point of view slightly closer to the middle seem more "normal" and "not crazy" .... Its a very cheap, sad and pathetic tactic, and it shits on real debate and shits on the memory of those that have recently died, by pretending to be "showing the issues" in their respect.
    Oh God, I'm glad we agree that this Mr. Jones character is hugely disrespectful and utterly useless and that extreme pro-gun nuts have no point in this debate. I also considered him an utter cretin and a disgrace. Going onto a television show and acting like that? Pathetic.

    Sometimes I think Alex Jones is actually a professional Libertarian Strawman, who likes to ensure that nobody ever takes libertarianism seriously.
    Are rational and educated people supposed to take libertarianism seriously? How bizarre.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it was set up to be like that? So that he just looks crazy, and Piers sits there, takes it and gets cool points?
    It's was set up in that they knew this was what they'd get if they invited Alex jones. That's how he is: Bat-shit crazy.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Oh God, I'm glad we agree that this Mr. Jones character is hugely disrespectful and utterly useless and that extreme pro-gun nuts have no point in this debate. I also considered him an utter cretin and a disgrace. Going onto a television show and acting like that? Pathetic.
    That's what he does for a living. He acts like that, and crazy pot smoking, gun crazy teenagers buy his dvds about how the government is trying to kill everybody.

  19. #39
    I've always as a Brit thought Pierce Morgan was a bit of a cock, my goodness by comparison Pierce Morgan looks like fucking Mohandas Ghandi and respect to him for tolerating that morons incessant screaming, threats and insults. Brilliant how Alex screams that the second amendment give him the right to own an assault rifle but he cant think of a reason he needs one.

    Fantastic.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And yet he still chose to go on and perform that rant. It is not manipulation. It is letting the man be the man.
    Yes, they let a man that loves to scream his point of view, do just that. I am sure I could make my own show, and invite an anit-gun crazy person on, and let them scream at me. Does that make my point of view any more valid? Not at all. Cheap debate tactic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •