Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Switzerland.
    yes a country that really regulates guns

Why is Canada constantly over looked in crime rate figures and our firearm regulations? It just seems sily to me to compare the US to the UK due to a complete difference in the way laws are handled and then completely ignore Canada and the US where the judicial system works nearly the same.

"Violent crime rate in UK is atrocious!" "Gun crime is insane in the US!" and little ol' Canada sitting there "We just like to steal cars :<"

However if it came down to it and I had to make a choice where I wanted to live US vs UK, I'd pick the UK any day. I don't care how many times I may or may not get punched in the face, the bottom line is being beaten up is a much better alternative to being shot in the face. I have a higher chance of surviving a bar fight with fists than I do vs a gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    In society filled with firearms, those are the norm, education, common courtesy, honesty, peace. You only need look to Switzerland.
    They also have a death by gun rate higher than any other first world european country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Your murder rate is about 1000 the times of the UK... let's not wave our wangs about your incredibly violent nation being superior to ours.

Connecticut and Colorado are not "ghettos."
    Keep your facts straight then. We want to talk mass shooting then you're absolutely right. Those don't happen in the ghetto. They are incredibly rare, especially given the preponderance of firearms in the US. Mass shootings should be the least of your fear. Your fear is as irrational as flying in commercial airplane somehow being more dangerous than driving a car. Lots of people have a great fear of flying, not nearly so many as driving, you're a teacher, use some logic.

If by freedom, my nation is superior to yours.

Watch this.

It's very relevant and attempts to keep things in perspective. It's already been posted at least once.

If anyone missed his Biebler rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t3POfNbx6M

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:18 AM ----------

Keep your facts straight then. We want to talk mass shooting then you're absolutely right. Those don't happen in the ghetto. They are incredibly rare, especially given the preponderance of firearms in the US. Mass shootings should be the least of your fear. Your fear is as irrational as flying in commercial airplane somehow being more dangerous than driving a car. Lots of people have a great fear of flying, not nearly so many as driving, you're a teacher, use some logic.

Watch this.

It's very relevant and attempts to keep things in perspective. It's already been posted at least once.
    We aren't that free

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2440620.html

10+ Year Old Account

Watch this.

It's not that rare, they happen frequently. There's been two in the last month.

Even then, one school death from a shooter is too many. America has hundreds. Britain has ZERO.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Why is Canada constantly over looked in crime rate figures and our firearm regulations? It just seems sily to me to compare the US to the UK due to a complete difference in the way laws are handled and then completely ignore Canada and the US where the judicial system works nearly the same.

"Violent crime rate in UK is atrocious!" "Gun crime is insane in the US!" and little ol' Canada sitting there "We just like to steal cars :<"

However if it came down to it and I had to make a choice where I wanted to live US vs UK, I'd pick the UK any day. I don't care how many times I may or may not get punched in the face, the bottom line is being beaten up is a much better alternative to being shot in the face. I have a higher chance of surviving a bar fight with fists than I do vs a gun.
    Why not live in the United States and select a state where you can lawfully carry a concealed firearm? The attitude you display is one of a victim. Take charge of your life. Too many people who are proponents of no firearms, are just plain unwilling to be accountable for themselves, and their safety. It's the indoctrination engine of the government hard at work. Time to take those rose colored glasses off Goldfingaz.

Why not live in the United States and select a state where you can lawfully carry a concealed firearm? The attitude you display is one of a victim. Take charge of your life. Too many people who are proponents of no firearms, are just plain unwilling to be accountable for themselves, and their safety. It's the indoctrination engine of the government hard at work. Time to take those rose colored glasses off Goldfingaz.
    They think the police should have guns, not us lowly subservient peons

It's not that rare, they happen frequently. There's been two in the last month.

Even then, one school death from a shooter is too many. America has hundreds. Britain has ZERO.
    They are rare. Stop being oblivious, you are arguing with emotion rather than reason and because you are a teacher, I know you know better. How many people and how many schools and how many guns are there in this country? There are about 100,000 schools in America. If two school shootings happened every month that would mean that school shootings would happen in every .00024 of a school per year. There are not two school shootings a month on average, so it is exceptionally rare.

You would rather save that one person, than the hundreds that are saved everyday by guns and no one dies. If you are looking at the extremes of the bell curve, then you have a much better chance of resisting oppression, which is what the 2nd amendment is first and foremost. Stop saying 'it can't happen again.' It can happen again and not preparing for the worst is inviting an incredible disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are rare. Stop being oblivious, you are arguing with emotion rather than reason and because you are a teacher, I know you know better. How many people and how many schools and how many guns are there in this country? There are about 100,000 schools in America. If two school shootings happened every month that would mean that school shootings would happen in every .00024 of a school per year. There are not two school shootings a month on average, so it is exceptionally rare.

You would rather save that one person, than the hundreds that are saved everyday by guns and no one dies. If you are looking at the extremes of the bell curve, then you have a much better chance of resisting oppression, which is what the 2nd amendment is first and foremost. Stop saying 'it can't happen again.' It can happen again and not preparing for the worst is inviting an incredible disaster.
    No, I am arguing that without guns you get maybe 30 gun deaths a year, and with them you get 10,000+. That's human lives. You're arguing emotionally because you own a gun shop. I'm dealing with reality and statistics, where the UK simply has a lower murder rate.

At least we both agree it'll happen again in America because your laws aren't enough to prevent it.
    Last edited by Zhangfei; 2013-01-11 at 07:37 AM.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

They aren't rose coloured glasses. Did you miss the point where Canada is doing fine by having a little more strict gun laws than the US? We can still have Carry permits for concealed weapons, but I assume you didn't know that (Which hey, not your Country why would you really.)

I'm saying Canada as a Country is doing a lot better than the United States when it comes to crime per capita sans car thefts and we have gun control which requires you to have licenses (Various ones for various guns), what's wrong with adopting the same laws or close to it?

If anyone has rose coloured glasses, I'm afraid it is you. You sit there thinking that if a Civil War breaks out your little guns will help you out against tanks/helicopters etc. You also believe that if someone invaded your Country (And lets face it no matter where you're form nobody wants that) you could defend it. That is rose tinted glasses and the thought is a joke.

You can defend your home, no one will fight you on that one. However if you need 30 bullets in a semi-automatic just to fight off an intruder, chances are, you're already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    They aren't rose coloured glasses. Did you miss the point where Canada is doing fine by having a little more strict gun laws than the US? We can still have Carry permits for concealed weapons, but I assume you didn't know that (Which hey, not your Country why would you really.)

I'm saying Canada as a Country is doing a lot better than the United States when it comes to crime per capita sans car thefts and we have gun control which requires you to have licenses (Various ones for various guns), what's wrong with adopting the same laws or close to it?

If anyone has rose coloured glasses, I'm afraid it is you. You sit there thinking that if a Civil War breaks out your little guns will help you out against tanks/helicopters etc. You also believe that if someone invaded your Country (And lets face it no matter where you're form nobody wants that) you could defend it. That is rose tinted glasses and the thought is a joke.

You can defend your home, no one will fight you on that one. However if you need 30 bullets in a semi-automatic just to fight off an intruder, cances are, you're already dead.
    Did you ever take geography? Ever hear of a little country called Afghanistan? Their little guns have repelled the tanks and helicopters of two superpowers.

Did you ever take geography? Ever hear of a little country called Afghanistan? Their little guns have repelled the tanks and helicopters of two superpowers.
    No they didn't. Stinger missiles provided by the US government repelled the Soviets. If you haven't noticed they haven't expelled us yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their natural landscape has. That and America gave them a shedload of weapons, including anti-tank RPGs and trained the Taliban to fight guerrilla warfare. That wouldn't and doesn't fly in nearly every other country.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why does he need guns so badly?
    O, because other people have guns.
    Therefore, let's defend ourselves from guns by also using guns.
    This couldn't possibly go wrong.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

No, I am arguing that without guns you get maybe 30 gun deaths a year, and with them you get 10,000+. That's human lives. You're arguing emotionally because you own a gun shop. I'm dealing with reality and statistics, where the UK simply has a lower murder rate.

At least we both agree it'll happen again in America because your laws aren't enough to prevent it.
    Let just use one case. 13 million people died in concentration camps in WWII. This doesn't include, Stalin, Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot, any of those other good ole' boys. It would take you 1300 years of America to reach that number of dead that only one case of complacency led to. I'll take my chances with America thank you.

Let just use one case. 13 million people died in concentration camps in WWII. This doesn't include, Stalin, Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot, any of those other good ole' boys. It would take you 1300 years of America to reach that number of dead that only one case of complacency led to. I'll take my chances with America thank you.
    Hitler was elected bro. That how democracies go bad and all the small arms in the world won't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell is saying internal law safety is comparable to warfare? Once again, the only relevant statistic is gun deaths when it comes to gun control. The UK and Australia have negligible amounts (banning and strict control) and so does Switzerland (strict control.) America does not. America's lax rules basically give a carte blanche to shooters to easily get hold of weapons and slaughter thousands of people a year.

You seem to think those statistics don't count. I think human life, once again, trumps ownership of guns.

I always thought PIers Morgan was a decent guy, sure he was a dick. But he told people what they needed to hear. Which in my opinion is a good thing. I LOVE how he just sat there and took it all while the nut job Alex Jones ranted and looked like a complete fool. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hitler was elected bro. That how democracies go bad and all the small arms in the world won't change that.
    Doesn't matter that he was elected. The people were complacent and gave up their guns. How many time do you liberals have to hear about Afghanistan? Do you just selectively remove that from your consciousness? That is a prime example of what determined people with guns will do.