Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
LastLast
  1. #601
    In most countries, crazies like him don't get air time..In the US they are given prime time..Most americans I've met get annoyed by this and rightfully so.

  2. #602
    i don´t get it... patriot act, and other things were no big deal... yeah ofcourse go ahead, stripsearch the f out of me and keep filming it with surveillance cameras i don´t mind, but don´t you dare to think about taking my guns!!
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and i will be remembered forever as the pants hat glove shoes naked guy from vienna

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i don´t get it... patriot act, and other things were no big deal... yeah ofcourse go ahead, stripsearch the f out of me and keep filming it with surveillance cameras i don´t mind, but don´t you dare to think about taking my guns!!
    Uh, ever think both are huge deals? Most Americans arent partisan minions that cheer for their side no matter what

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    No. You are wrong. You need educated, active, aware, and armed electorate. I'm sorry the combined might of a 100 million armed Americans will be greater than any force can be brought to bear upon them. The only way a government could survive that would be to use the nuclear option and then you would steel the will of the remaining citizens or have no subjects to govern.
    You seem to be under the delusion that being a gun owner some how makes you immune from supporting tyranny. As likely as not all you're doing is making sure they people doing the oppressing have guns.

    If the far right in America is any indication at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  5. #605
    Anyone see this interview? Funny as well


  6. #606
    Dreadlord Hurax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    München, Germany
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hitler was elected bro. That how democracies go bad and all the small arms in the world won't change that.
    Not elected, but appointed by Hindenburg (who was elected democratically, but ruled by emergency powers), the only election Hitler really won was after the largest opposition party, the communists, were banned and imprisoned. Nitpicking, but this is said too often.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 09:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    Doesn't matter that he was elected. The people were complacent and gave up their guns. How many time do you liberals have to hear about Afghanistan? Do you just selectively remove that from your consciousness? That is a prime example of what determined people with guns will do.
    I would still classify the Taliban regime as a tyrrany. Maybe they were the lesser evil compared to NATO occupation, but still far from an example of a free society. And they rose in a country where every male had an AK 74.

  7. #607
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,989
    i still cant believe people said he won the argument

    Alex: *yelling* *says actual fact* *yells*
    Morgan: well act.... *gets cut off by yelling*

    yelling even with facts is still garbage

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  8. #608
    No wonder America has gone too shit. Loads of gun violence? MORE GUNS WILL SOLVE IT!!

    Disgrace

  9. #609
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,989
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    Did you ever take geography? Ever hear of a little country called Afghanistan? Their little guns have repelled the tanks and helicopters of two superpowers.
    i love this argument. its wrong

    winning the political end won it for them. why spend so much cash there? take the army back home!

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  10. #610
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    Because history shows that it has always started with registration, then confiscation, then atrocity on a scale only seen in war.
    This is a blatant lie. Britain has not had a civil war after banning weapons.

    That's actual history, not fake, made-up history you believe. Please, convince me, without blatant lying, why slaughtering school children is a form of liberty.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  11. #611
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,227
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabulldog View Post
    Did you ever take geography? Ever hear of a little country called Afghanistan? Their little guns have repelled the tanks and helicopters of two superpowers.
    I don't recall the US military going all out in any war since the Korean War. Even Vietnam was a limited war, since the soldiers had little way of distinguishing hostiles, allies, and civilians.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    This is a blatant lie. Britain has not had a civil war after banning weapons.

    That's actual history, not fake, made-up history you believe. Please, convince me, without blatant lying, why slaughtering school children is a form of liberty.

    The same went for Australia, which did a very hardcore ban on semi automatics after a mass shooting. They haven't had any mass shootings since. Their case was an extreme ban though, removing most of the semi automatics in the country completely. That probably won't fly in the states considering how many guns there are in circulation, and it'd take a long time to clear it all out and prevent loopholes from keeping them in the hands of individuals.

  13. #613
    Warchief Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,036
    "1776 Will Commence Against If You Try To Take Our Firearms!!"

    Oh, wow...

    I would love to see a bunch of paranoid rednecks try to go up against the US Military, I really would. Best. Reality. Television. EVAR.

  14. #614
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    Funny, they've taken all the guns from people but Americans and Swiss ? I myself own firearms... i know plenty of other people that own firearms... tbh, i don't think i have any friends in Sweden that don't know at least a couple of people that own firearms. The only difference is, not every single nut job will be able to get one as you have to go through a background check and need a good reason to own one and "i need to defend myself" is not a good enough reason unless you really have to defend yourself because you're a "somebody" or you move around a lot of money.

    But... honestly, that guy (Alex Jones) seems a bit of a retard and somebody who will hide in a nuclear fallout shelter by the sound of a random fart. A nut job, that is.

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    "1776 Will Commence Against If You Try To Take Our Firearms!!"

    Oh, wow...

    I would love to see a bunch of paranoid rednecks try to go up against the US Military, I really would. Best. Reality. Television. EVAR.
    I always joked about making a new version of "Red Dawn" that is a comedy where a bunch of stupidly-inclined Southern hillbillies try to take over America. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  16. #616

  17. #617
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Why should I care about anything that Alex Jones says? There are far, far more intelligent and coherent people who have a mental maturity greater than that of a 5 year old who advocate the same positions that he does.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Why should I care about anything that Alex Jones says? There are far, far more intelligent and coherent people who have a mental maturity greater than that of a 5 year old who advocate the same positions that he does.
    He's funny and about 20% of the stuff he says is true

  19. #619
    Stood in the Fire Gum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    394
    The south will rise again y'all.

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post

    I would love to see a bunch of paranoid rednecks try to go up against the US Military
    There wouldn't be much to see. One moment the rednecks would be firmly entrenched in the Piggly Wiggly, eagerly awaiting "U.N Gestapo Troops" to shuffle in through the automatic doors right into their clever trap. The next moment the Piggly Wiggly would get blown the fuck up by a bomber.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •