Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    We are unique. What other country has the same demographics, population, cultural factors, healthcare factors, socioeconomic factors, amount of highly populated metropolitan areas, borders, current guns in circulation, and constitution?
    what country has exactly the same demographics, population, socioeconomic factors, cultural factors, borders, current guns in circulation, and constitution as any other country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint of the day:
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    We're unique because we are the superpower of the world!
    That statement is the very reason why many many people hate the USA.....
    It's superficial, provocative, arrogant, and comes across as rather totally stupid, because it is outright nonsense.

I truly believe that since people getting infractions for anti-american slurs, these type of slurs should get the same treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont, im going off what my friend the armorer told me. in any case its not a "huge difference". you people act like theyre water pistols or something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-CLsMRcA0

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what country has exactly the same demographics, population, socioeconomic factors, cultural factors, borders, current guns in circulation, and constitution as any other country?
    That's the entire point
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hint of the day:

It's superficial, provocative, arrogant, and comes across as rather totally stupid, because it is outright nonsense.

I truly believe that since people getting infractions for anti-american slurs, these type of slurs should get the same treatment.
    I meant that in the least bit of serious possible.

If you fell that you have been assaulted by one of those individuals, then you have the right to persecute them.
    Do you even understand what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Um, seems pretty safe and sane to me:
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/28u7imc.png[/IG]
    Information compiled from the FBI and CATO Institute.
    I'm talking about the fact that we require no training for a person to own a gun.

I'm talking about the fact that, currently, there's an incredibly easily exploitable loophole that allows private sellers to go free-for-all on sales at gun shows. It creates a massive secondary market that needs to be tightened up and regulated.

I'm talking about the people that don't even have a basic gun safe, which takes literally 5 seconds to open (I timed myself) to restrict access to their guns.

I'm all for gun ownership. I'm not for allowing anybody who wants one a gun with no basic safety training and no requirement to handle it responsibly.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Do you even understand what you are saying?
    Yeah. Sexual assault is a thing now. Words hurt.

If you fell that you have been assaulted by one of those individuals, then you have the right to persecute them.
    Really, so the mean words of Piers Morgan are an assault on you? Get a grip. He's an arrogant blow-hard, but he hasn't assaulted shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hint of the day:

I couldn't care less if people hate us. They're just as dumb as the people they criticize. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans are nice, charitable people who wish violence on nobody.

I actually think Australia is higher this year but my point still stands
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1159562.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'm talking about the fact that we require no training for a person to own a gun.

I'm talking about the fact that, currently, there's an incredibly easily exploitable loophole that allows private sellers to go free-for-all on sales at gun shows. It creates a massive secondary market that needs to be tightened up and regulated.

I'm talking about the people that don't even have a basic gun safe, which takes literally 5 seconds to open (I timed myself) to restrict access to their guns.

I'm all for gun ownership. I'm not for allowing anybody who wants one a gun with no basic safety training and no requirement to handle it responsibly.
    You don't need too much training to brandish a weapon. In many cases of self defense it was only used to scare someone away. Never loaded, never fired. Don't need any training for that.

That would be sexual harassment, not assault. Sexual assault is rape.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with all of that. Im just adamantly against further heavy handed bans

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I couldn't care less if people hate us. They're just as dumb as the people they criticize. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans are nice, charitable people who wish violence on nobody.

I actually think Australia is higher this year but my point still stands
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1159562.html
    I've spent more time raising money for St. Jude and Breast cancer, then I have with my schooling this passed fall semester.

You don't need too much training to brandish a weapon. In many cases of self defense it was only used to scare someone away. Never loaded, never fired. Don't need any training for that.
    You do need training to care for your gun, keep it in working order, and be able to "brandish" it without accidentally firing it. You also need a gun safe or trigger lock to keep your child from, god-forbid, accidentally killing him or herself with it.

Let's all take a moment to let that sink in.

Ok, now that that moment is over, saying something unpopular is not sexual assault. Even if you mean some sort of verbal assault, stating your opinion about something is acceptable, the difference between acceptable and unacceptable speech is when the intent behind the speech becomes to hurt just to hurt somebody rather than to actually make a point. Even then, most of the time people should just deal with it. Even if they aren't, the response isn't to persecute the person or deport them.

Well sexual harassment and verbal assault, really depends on where you live and how your local laws define things. My bad I slipped and mixed up words.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:44 AM ----------

You do need training to care for your gun, keep it in working order, and be able to "brandish" it without accidentally firing it. You also need a gun safe or trigger lock to keep your child from, god-forbid, accidentally killing him or herself with it.
    That's how they were used in most scenarios. I never said anything about caring for the weapons.

No. All rape is sexual assault but not all sexual assault is rape. One could argue that the assault of CeCe McDonald, in which she killed a man in self-defense after an unprovoked attack based solely on the fact she's transgender, is sexual assault. Current anti-LGBTQ legislation required that not only was she charged with murder, she was forced into a mens prison. So while there was no direct penetration involved, it was still an assault motivated by sexuality.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 08:01 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Pretty much sums up all the pro-gun campaigners, a bunch of morons that have no idea what they are talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    He obviously has caused problems with a nice sized amount of people. That's reason enough.

Also
    What has Penn to do with anything now?
    He's a stand up comedian, and that's a snippet from the Penn and Teller Show. It's a sarcastic, comedian way to showcase gun obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Pretty much sums up all the pro-gun campaigners, a bunch of morons that have no idea what they are talking about
    Thanks for reading the thread!